Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! (248088 Views)

Poll: What's your verdict?

These bad people are lying against the man of God.: 50% (130 votes)
There's a strong possibility that allegations are true.: 49% (129 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Agbada/Native (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by delegiwa(m): 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2008
, and I'm sick and tired of this "DO NOT JUDGE A MAN OF GOD" maxim that has been floating on this thread.  So if a "MAN OF GOD" attempts have a carnal knowledge of a member of your family who is a member of his church, we should just clap for him and not judge him abi?

Like I said earlier, CHRISTIANITY IS NOT EMOTION!!! It is real and you can feel it.  It is not about defending your pastor. It is LIFE ITSELF and others can feel it in you and even in your posts.

Yes, that is my belief.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by mnwankwo(m): 3:17pm On Apr 10, 2008
@Fenyguy

I am not ignorant as your submission seem to imply. Every claim of a miracle remain a claim until such a claim is validated after thorough independent investigation. The same goes for counter claims that miracles are fake. Neither the Pastor nor the newspaper report accusing the pastor have been subjected to investigation of their claims and counterclaims. If you are aware of such independent investigation, kindly give me the citation. I will follow it up. All that is being asked is for claimants to provide evidence.  Analysis of the evidence will show the truth. It is just that simple. Your anectodal evidence that you witnessed a criple being healed is your own opinion and you are entiltled to it. If however the opinion is to be accepted as truth, then you and indeed any person aware of the miracle should provide the following information so that this claim can be investigated. What is the biodata of the person healed in your claim? What is his or her medical history before the healing? What is is his or her medical condition after the healing? Will there be follow ups? If you think that you have the information requested, then provide them.

I have some experience in investigating miraculous claims for years and that gives me the confidence to say that they do occur but they are rare. The rarity has nothing to do with the limitation of Gods power, rather it is that most claims on investigation has normal explanations and in some cases are out right falsehood. It is not my intention to dispute what people choose to believe or not to believe. However when calims are made, they should be proven to be true. Miraculous healings is not dice or trial by luck. The manifestation of Gods power with respect to healing can happen where sick people are and that is the hospitals. Alternatively thay can be provided with people medically certified to be sick by several independent sources and lets us see the outcome after healing sessions have been conducted for them. The Igbos say " The stomach of a pregnant woman cannot be hidden with a calabash or covered with cloth" The stomach of a pregnant woman is visible for all to see, relatives and non relatives. The same will be the case when a real miracle has place. I repeat, any tre miraculous healing can be scientifically validated. If a patient has AIDS and he or she is cured of AIDS, it is very easy to demonstrate using mutiple scientific experiments that he has no HIV or AIDS. It is just that simple and conclusive than anectodal reports or even withness accounts.

1 Like

Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by oluwdashmi(f): 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2008
All I can say is that the man's teachings are very sound and encouraging. He is bent on teaching the youths of today a way 2 succeed in life and not to fall short of our parents ignorances.

He want youths to identify their potentials and acheive it by laying emphasy on the "Word, Faith and Confession"

As for miracles, I have heard people say a lot but I HAVE NO COMMENTS, only God will judge.

Whether his miracles are true or fake, undecided, but his teachings are SUPERB.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by emmydee(m): 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2008
Well, people who do not understand what miracle is call it "magic" or demonstration whenever it happens. Am not a member of Christ Embassy, but miracles happen in there. People will always talk rubbish!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bawomolo(m): 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2008
there are loads of your great ones already doing that what do you do about them? don't you know where to stop and just go practice your religion and leave people alone. why are you always looking for trouble all over the place

i am not muslim nor do i pray to allah. it's obvious u are sensitive to any criticism of ur beloved "men" of God. answer my question, is a pastor immune from criticism or judgement
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Keziah(f): 4:06pm On Apr 10, 2008
bawomolo:

i am not a great one nor do i pray to god.   it's obvious u are sensitive to any criticism of your beloved "men" of God. answer my question, is a pastor immune from criticism or judgement
I wonder o! shocked Abeg ask then for me before them go fall enter gutter, with their eyes closed! I am not  sayinng the allegations are true or not.

But will someone just drop the maxim "DO NOT JUDGE A MAN OF GOD"? Are u God to call him man of God? Abi God tell you for your dream? Every man is accountable to and for only himself. Unless u are playing the role of God to say otherwise.

Whichever way undecided undecided just shine your eyes. No go do follow follow, become Zombie. cool As bad as Rev. King was, alot of Mugu(s), Zombie(s) and Ewu (s) followed him religiously and judiciously.

Please children of God just be careful we are in the end time. Do not put your trust in man but in God rather. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by zillonnair(m): 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hi all,

I know everyone cannot be convinced about MIRACLES and being humans it might be difficult to explain extra-ordinary spiritual things. Well, i do not intend to win everybody to believe in Pastor Chris but i will to God that you would all accept God as the sovereign and that even our very existence in this world is supernatural enough to show his potency. You can watch several videos of people healed in Christ Embassy, there is nothing to hide www.christembassyhealingschool.org or www.christembassyhealingschool.org/new/videos.php

Shalom
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by ManJaf: 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2008
It takes faith to get healed. I believe in healing because the Bible says so. I dont know anybody that has been healed miraculously before. I wish I could just meet one person or experience it myself. Cant this thing just be simply proven beyond doubt the way the Lord Jesus did His own? Why all this "smokiness" ?
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by mnwankwo(m): 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2008
@Zillonair,

Thanks for the video sites. I have watched some of the videos and they are not good samples for investigation. Just an example, their are claims of healing of neuroblastoma and multiple sclerosis. The first names of the people involved are given, an image of them before they met pastor chris is given and then a picture after healing is also posted. Where was the case of neuroblastoma and multiple sclerosis diagnosed and what is the name of the laboratories or doctors that did the diagnosis. What medical validation took place after the healing to confirm that neroblastoma and multiple sclerosis has been cured? Can the people in those video clips be found and followed up? Is it possible that their names and addresses can be given if an investigator or investigators sign confidential agreement? In addition, the videos actually say a lot to an experienced eye. I hope that if I contact Pastor Chris to look at those claims he will be willing to allow an investigation. My experience with some famous nigerian pastors (names withheld) is however not positive. Hopefully it may be different this time. I will contact the Christ Embassy Church requesting for the possiblity to investigate Pastor Chris miraculous healing claims.

1 Like

Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 10, 2008
my eyes went tru the bla bla the fanatics were yapping about,once u start asking people the rationale of their belifs,their eyes go blank and the first question they ask is
"what church do u attend,"
thing is they don't  have a clue on why they worship God or are scared shitless of being told what they hold dear to them might not or mght exist.
The older i get the more i believe the God up there is a very silent one.
But hey Chris has got to eat, and there are suckers born  by the millions every minute in Nigeria.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Frizy(m): 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2008
Poverty is a big problem. How can you degrade yourself so low to act as if you sick?Doesn't anyone probably know that guy(I mean the betrayal actor) if he was lame before or not(in case he acted)? People are just looking desperately for miracles! Most if not all are magically or acted.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2008
lol sister Keziah

I believe you are christian. If so, is your pastor a man of God? how did you know?
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by JayFK(m): 5:39pm On Apr 10, 2008
"biggest sin in christianity? to think."
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2008
@ rasputinn

there's nothing wrong in exposing a church's doctrine u find unbiblical (unbiblical underscored)

You will be saving a lot of people by exposing such.

For instance, if the church promotes ritual killings, which is UNBIBLICAL, expose it and people get saved.

@ Mr Nwankwo

The same way u believe the cripple story was my opinion, the so called verification u did was also your personal opinion. If someone who was healed later got into the ailment again, it doesnt mean he wasnt healed the first time."Go and sin no more, so that worse things dont happen to u". The problem is you are using scientific parameters to judge. You can never validate with that. This thing is about faith and I dont think your mind can comprehend it.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by krisunion: 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2008
If you've come to know God and to have a personal experience that with Him, you will know that God can do anything- even what men call 'wonders', miracle', or whatever name. See, God is omnipotent,  He can do just anything, the miracles in the bible are no flukes.
Have you wondered how the world came to be?
The devil, I know, is very clever.He uses men to destroy/pull down men.That is his major way of causing distractions among followers of Christ.
If God calls a man, He also will equip him. Remember this-''these signs shall follow them that believe, My brothers, pls. read your bible very well.Beware of agents who spread the gospel of destruction, Pull Him Down Syndrome.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bawomolo(m): 6:13pm On Apr 10, 2008
The problem is you are using scientific parameters to judge. You can never validate with that. This thing is about faith and I don't think your mind can comprehend it.

Christians have struck again
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2008
lol Dr Bolaji Awomolo,

Are you a pagan?
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Abuzola(m): 6:27pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hmmm. pastor bakare had long declared that this healing of a thing is absolutely bogus.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by mnwankwo(m): 6:43pm On Apr 10, 2008
@Feyneguy,

I have not yet verified any of the claim yet. I have only asked for evidence so as to examine the veracity or otherwise of the truth in these claims. Thanks to the person that gave the video links of Pastor Chris miracles, I have now watched in detail the cases of cerebral palsy, neroblastoma, mutiple sclerosis and the video of the lady that testified, she was cured of HIV and AIDS. I hope the Christ Embassy will allow investigation of these four claims at least. A healing that occured in the physical body can be validated by scientific techniques and methods. It is that simple.  No serious doctor will claim he have cured a disease without providing evidence, no serious scientist will claim that he has had a breakthrough without providing evidence that can be independently verified, and yet men expect that spectacular claims of miracles should just be accepted without verfing it. Why the reluctance? Indeed confirmation of miracle can only strengten peoples belief in God and his omnipotence. Validation separates the sheeps from the wolfs, those with God endowed abilities from individuals with pretended abilities, blessed ones from charlatans. servants of God from servants of men.

@Krisunion
The question is the truth or otherwise of the miraculous healings said to happen in Pastor Chris ministry. It is not on Gods omnipotence or miracles in the bible. However if you wish to raise a discussion thread on those subjects, then do so and people will participate.

1 Like

Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Sammy107d(m): 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2008
Well, Jesus said we should expect things like this. He'll help us get through.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by ernal(m): 7:28pm On Apr 10, 2008
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by JayFK(m): 7:30pm On Apr 10, 2008
bawomolo:

Christians have struck again

lol
These people are delusional.
Okay, someone claims he healed someone from cancer
1. Verify the person had cancer, check the medical records
2. Verify the healing is not from treatment
3. Verify that it is indeed a miracle.

Surely that cannot be that hard to verify? If so, why has there never been one verified healing from these quacks? lol, this is just weird to me.
I swear to god, I once heard a christian tell me, I went to the hospital for malaria and god healed me lol.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by JayFK(m): 7:32pm On Apr 10, 2008
I bet some of these idiots were defending Peter Popoff with the "touch not my anointed" line
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by huxley(m): 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2008
interesting article about CE http://www.huhuonline.com/news104.html
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bawomolo(m): 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2008
another question too, how do we know he is a man of god or an annointed. just because he told u so and runs a mega church??
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Builder: 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2008
lol, this 9ja pastors sef with their lie and falsificatiions, i dont blame them the whole christianity thing is based on lies and shit
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by reindeer: 11:40pm On Apr 10, 2008
Na wah o! @builder do you believe in the existence of an omnipotent God? Anyways i think the church should allow some verification exercise cos this will strenghten people's faiths when confirmed,
at the same time i think its quite cowardly for a whistleblower to claim anonymity when in possesion of evidence, it may just be another 'pull him down ' thing.
Let God judge all men, but christians should be willing to follow God and not follow men, this at times borders on idolatry,
let us be wise.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by sholabell(m): 11:53pm On Apr 10, 2008
mhh may God forgive you all, the bible says touch not my anointing and do not my prophet no harm.
anyone that has said anything against men of God, better ask God for forgiveness before his rod work against you.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bawomolo(m): 2:27am On Apr 11, 2008
at the same time i think its quite cowardly for a whistleblower to claim anonymity when in possesion of evidence

i don't think there is a witness protection program in south africa, the guy is just trying to protect himself. it is not cowardly but smart.

mhh may God forgive you all, the bible says touch not my anointing and do not my prophet no harm.
anyone that has said anything against men of God, better ask God for forgiveness before his rod work against you.

Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by adconline(m): 5:53am On Apr 11, 2008
biggest sin in Christianity? to think."

Why is religion always asking people to believe by emotions and faith instead of facts? We live in a society where things are factually proven, yet we still rely on sentiments. Should I also believe my Catholic doctrines that my church is superior to others? Or that Pope is infallible? The difference between real world and organized religion is that real world employs science to answer some of our questions and leaves room for you to make your own judgment and it also tells you that it does not have all the answers. While religious world tells you that it has got all the answers, the beginning and end, believe by faith and emotion, and DO NOT have your own line of thinking.

Only in Nigeria is where you see pastors curing incurable diseases, yet Christianity emanated from west where there are state of the art hospitals. Westerners have jettisoned this type of idea that things can be done by miracles and embraced hard work. In Nigeria, pastors performing miracles, people are poorer and more prone to deadly diseases, while in the west ,innovative and critical thinking have changed their way of life for the better. So innovation is the way not miracles which might not happen
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Sowon: 7:36am On Apr 11, 2008
I believe in miracles.God is still in the business of performing miracles in the life of His children.Miracle should be a daily experience in the life of a christian so you don't have to attend Pastor Chris crusades before you get a miracle.I initially had my own reservations about Pastor Chris but God has really blessed me through THE RHAPSODY OF REALITIES so I believe he is inspired by God.I don't really cares about hearsays.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by zerozero1(m): 8:51am On Apr 11, 2008
THE BIBLE SAYS MY PEOPLE PERISH 4 LACK OF WISDOM! Why cant people just reason that scandals will always come from the devil against men of God? If someone goes to pastor Chris' program and doest get healed, it means the person didnt have faith there. Faith was even a condition for Jesus and His disciples to heal people! i used to be skeptical about Christ embassy b4 but now, i believe in it.I was at the crusade in 2006 and i ws touched by the Holy Ghost! over 6000 pple present there were healed, while over thousands were healed from outside watching the program online, how can he always pay thousands of people like that monthly? do u know how many years it will take to prepare that kind of crowd?? and u want to tell me some1 who says he has been sick/paralysed for 14years lives in the moon such that nobody knew him b4 his miracle?? WHY DID THE SO CALLED BLACKMAILER SPECIFY A MIRACLE OF 3 WEEKS?? WHY NOT SPECIFY A MIRACLE OF 14YEARS THAT WAS ARRANGED?? THIS BLACKMAILER MIGHT BE AN AGENT OF THE DEVIL! THE DEVIL IS implementing al strategies to oppose the work of God because his destruction is at hand and everlasting and for those who dont accept the death of Jesus Christ. People, desist from what might bring the wrath of God on anyone, IT shouldnt even be just a post message PLEASe, May God descend His Holy Ghost on anyone here so we can all accept His Grace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.