Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! (248087 Views)

Poll: What's your verdict?

These bad people are lying against the man of God.: 50% (130 votes)
There's a strong possibility that allegations are true.: 49% (129 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Agbada/Native (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by ifyalways(f): 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2008
No comment
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by adconline(m): 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2008
Nigeria is a country where educated folks don't show any difference between education and ignorance. Religion is opium of the poor.  Nobody has offered a credible reason as to why we should accept these stage managed miracles. I believe that most of these followers of miracles as opposed to followers of gospels don’t want to admit that they are dumb and gullible minded. Just like the way followers of Ted Haggard who spewed hatred against homosexuals, but always patronized male prostitutes. I was ashamed to find out that folks are still going to the infamous miracle church where Rev. Dr. King was charged for killing one of his concubines. These people are hoping that one day  "  miracles" of that same magnitude will happen in their lives.
They are telling me not to think and judge even though the premise which in the gospel was delivered by Paul was through cognitive thinking and reasoning. The Sanhedin Council would not have allowed Paul to proceed with the gospel were it not for  Gamaliel who was a member  of Sanhedrin council and Dr. of Law. His opinion saved the gospel even though he was not a Christian. Today, to think in Christendom is like challenging God.  Most Nigerians go to church simply for miracles. Only hard work will save us from despair not miracles.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2008
i wont judge pastor chris,cos its written in d bible judge not so that u wont be judged
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bawomolo(m): 11:17pm On Apr 12, 2008
jennykadry:

i wont judge pastor chris,because its written in d bible judge not so that u wont be judged

it's strange some people believe everything written in a book word for word
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2008
it's strange some people believe everything written in a book word for word

not everybody believes everything written in d bible,but we are not God to judge whoever does anything wrong,cos we also sin against God so we are not also holy
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by adeboo(f): 4:32pm On Apr 13, 2008
Anonimi, God will bless you beyond your wildest imagination.
The fact of the matter is that we should be careful.
We (born again Christians) especially like to take things outta context - in the passage where the 'touch not my anointed' was quoted, some preachers have seriously taken things outta place.

God was speaking about the whole nation of Israel and not just the priests, He meant all His chosen children.
There are some Ministers that just blindly act bad but however use the 'touch not my anointed' to cover all their badness.

Like its been rightly said, we need to read the Bible and not just take out passages when it suits us.

The fact of the matter is that we need to be watchful spiritually, we also need to use our common sense in this issue - you have every right as a child of God to question (not rudely) but question the things that appear blurry to you. The fact is that if we act ignorant and when we stand for judgment, God will not accept ignorance because He has given us the ability to question.

Whether Pastor Chris did whet he did or not - like its been said, thats for Jehovah alone to uncover them but He is doint is clearly however so that you wont have become a casualty of foolishness. All am saying is that we needs to shine we eyes thats all.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by prizeless(m): 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2008
guys, guys, guys,
to be passing judgements on stuff u don't have first hand info about is very dangerous, it can cost u the essence of ur very existence and success. only get ur self commited to what u know and have proved and pursue the God of success with all ur heart.

take this ya'll

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wneWvEWMKs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wneWvEWMKs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by AKO1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2008
from zerozero
THE BIBLE SAYS MY PEOPLE PERISH 4 LACK OF WISDOM!

Bros, its a lack of knowledge, not wisdom, they are two different things.

Why can't people just reason that scandals will always come from the devil against men of God?

REALLY??

So how is God supposed to expose the guys that are not doing the real thing? Or do you want to tell me that 'Rev.' King's own was "from the devil against men of God"? Hunh?

I'm not comparing 'Rev.@ King to Pastor Chris but I'm advising you not to make such an erroneous statement like that again, ever!

As far as this Pastor Chris thingy is concerned, I aint shocked. We ain't heard nothing yet, scandal or no scandal. Brace yourselves.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by adconline(m): 9:35pm On Apr 13, 2008
We really have to open our eyes to this kind  of Christendom that does not challenge your thought process  ? Remember the prosecution of  early Christians and  non Christians because religious followers did not make right judgment. Hitler killed in the name of religion because his followers refused to hold him accountable. Islamic fundamentalists are killing because their followers do not think and judge. Some Catholic priests in the USA sexually abused children because their congregation was passive and non judgmental. Ted Haggard followers were also non critical because "men of God" are not supposed to be criticized. Remember Rev King who killed one of his mistresses and his congregation had no idea that he was an evil man.

It’s not the truth you know that will set you free, but the truth you speak.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by topssy(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2008
Guys,checkout my site www.destinyndreamz.co.uk
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bawomolo(m): 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2008
not everybody believes everything written in d bible,but we are not God to judge whoever does anything wrong,because we also sin against God so we are not also holy

why do we put rapists and murderers in jail then. we shouldn't judge them right, just wait for God to judge them cheesy cheesy.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by ukoma(m): 5:33am On Apr 14, 2008
God judges everyone, if Pastor Chris is real or fake I cant tell, but the truth remains that when the time comes, everyone shall see.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by zerozero1(m): 8:01am On Apr 14, 2008
A_K_O Shut ur mouth up! And pocket ur typing hands cos i think u need vocabulary assistances! Ur commom sense should tell u the meaning of WISDOM! It means d quality of having or showing knowlege,prudence,etc. If u a here to criticise words rather than face matters,u might be wasting ur time.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by AKO1(m): 9:25am On Apr 14, 2008
If u a here to criticise words rather than face matters,u might be wasting your time.

I did both. Its just that youre too angry at what I said to see that.   angry angry

You may want to scroll up and reread.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by zerozero1(m): 9:43am On Apr 14, 2008
you have really made no point and sense out of those comments!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by revlanre(m): 9:51am On Apr 14, 2008
angry angry angry poster how dare you insult a man of God , anyway Judge Not People
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by holyghost(m): 11:59am On Apr 14, 2008
All I can say is (God save us)

My sheep knows my Voice!
it is writting that many will heal in My name yet they are not of Me.
on the last day all these will be made open onto you by My Father!

if he is of Christ it will last! but if he is not, then it will surly crumble!!!

my Advice is do your best to follow what the Holy Book said, cos you will be judged by its content and not what the preachers said or do. the bible is clear enough for educated 16years old to understand, so what's your excuse?

1 obey my commandments 2 Love your neighbour as you would love yourself. 3 seek you My grace and abide in my ways(and all good things shall be added unto you!)
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Mosetra(f): 1:45pm On Apr 14, 2008
Hmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only God knows the heart of man, let him judge.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by bawomolo(m): 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2008
even with the warren jeffs of the world raping girls and catholic priests molesting boys, you guys still worship these "men" of God shocked shocked. na wa nigeria oh.

Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Ibime(m): 4:02pm On Apr 14, 2008
Please - why does Pator Chris only heal the people with unnoticable diseases. When I see a withered hand fully transform on the screen before my very eyes, then I will believe he is real. It is too easy to sit an abled person in a wheelchair and make him stand up. When I see someone whose leg is withered - when the leg actually straightens out before my very eyes, then I will believe. Until then, Pastor Chris is just as fake as his accent.

IMHO, there is something extremely and fundamentally wrong with Pastor Chris accent.

Either:

(a.) He puts it on as a show to attract more people to his church

OR

(b.) He is so unsure of himself that he has to put on such a fake accent.

Either reason you pick, it is unbecoming of a man of God.

Not to mention frying his hair and all that other stuff. He copied Ayo Oritsejafors blueprint. That hairstyle was cool in the 60's bro. Not anymore. There is a self hatred in Pastor Chris style. Maybe being a black African is not good enough for him. Whatever the case, it is all an elaborate scam.

And I am a believer by the way.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by PLC1: 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2008
Real fake Pastors we have in Nigeria. We have 98% fake miracles by those fake Pastors.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by AKO1(m): 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2008
For the benefit of some who cannot make sense out of simple english language, I'll try to break down my point.

What I said earlier was that whether this is true or not, is is nothing compared to what we are still yet to hear. God has to expose all the messy 'men of God' to save the innocent souls that are trooping into their churches sunday after sunday. You would agree with me (even though you may not have hard evidence) that there is a lot of junk going on in the body of Christ generally. Whether you regard Pastor Chris as being 'messy' or not is your own business; there are hundreds of other authentic preachers to listen to and follow after so bone his side and move on! And for those of you like Donnie who find all these allegations entirely false, youre entitled to your opinion. Just make sure unna shine your eye well well.

If anyone can still not make sense out of this, you are on your own. Mo ti so temi.

Please - why does Pator Chris only heal the people with unnoticable diseases. When I see a withered hand fully transform on the screen before my very eyes, then I will believe he is real. It is too easy to sit an abled person in a wheelchair and make him stand up. When I see someone whose leg is withered - when the leg actually straightens out before my very eyes, then I will believe. Until then, Pastor Chris is just as fake as his accent.

I agree with you 100%. Most of the miracles of the apostles in the early church and in the ministry of Jesus were like this. God is counting on as many christians as possible to dare to have that kind of faith. It boils down to faith. There are people who will not believe the gospel and are on their way to hell until they see this kind of thing. And more importantly, christians have to get rid of the erroneous belief that miracles can only be performed through 'men of God'.

Pastor Chris is both controversial and mysterious. The press is barred from taking pictures at his healing services.

Why?? Can anyone give a sensible answer?
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by doracle4(m): 8:20am On Apr 15, 2008
Fellow 9jalanders, dont minsinterpret the bible. The bible said be wise about the type of shepherds tht lead the sheep of God. How will you do that if u cant speak ur thoughts and ur convictions? If something is wrong, God wants us to speak it out and then lead men away from such roads of destruction. "Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm". Those of u who keep quoting this scripture, has any of u taken time to find out what was happening then in Isreal that made God say this? Pastor Chris' issue here has nothing to do with that.
However, this whole argument will not change anything but only open for everyone to express their opinions.
Those of u waiting for a particular type of miracle for u to believe pastor Chris is of God, will wait till heaven comes becasue God will dissappoint u.
Those of u who do not believe in miracles will also be dissappointed because its a sign that follows christian. But why cant i perform a miracle u would ask? Look inward and tell me ur life is a reflection of the new testament christian? Its not by rushing to church and feeling good in service but once u are out of there , God means nothing until the next service day.
Those of u who want to be there when a miracle happens for u to believe in miracles will be ashamed like Thomas. Blessed are those who do not see yet believe. What do u believe?
Throughout the life of Christ, He was seen by many possessed of the devil and also He was seen as a false prophet but that did not stop Him from being who He really was.
Those of u who love pastor Chris, his teaching and believe his miracles are of God, keep praying for him and blessing God for ur life.
Those of u who feel otherwise, find the truth u seek and follow after it with ur whole heart.
I rest my case.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by vikiviko(m): 10:56am On Apr 15, 2008
God is the judge.

He knows the heart of every man.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2008
@ Bro Ibime

I wanted to ignore your piece until I saw the last statement "I am a believer anyway"

Please stop calling yourself a believer. You are not!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by ow11(m): 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2008
fyneguy:

@ Bro Ibime

I wanted to ignore your piece until I saw the last statement "I am a believer anyway"

Please stop calling yourself a believer. You are not!

So because he does not believe in Pastor Chris that means he doesn't believe That Jesus died and rose up for his sins?

In your partisan heart, u think u are holy and right. . . yet you pass judgements beause someone does not believe that a man you have given most of your earnings is righteous.

I don't have a problem if you believe in Pastor Chris but don't cucify others who don't like his style of ministry.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by simmy(m): 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2008
Pastor Chris may or may not be a phony
if he is, God ll judge him and it ll be very sad
if he isnt, then hes going through trials like the bible said men of God would

either way its not really ur business to speculate except u have hard facts and concrete evidence.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by Seun(m): 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2008
How many of those condemning people like OBJ and Atiku have hard, concrete evidence of wrongdoing on their part? Very few. And yet, as public figures, they are flagellated regularly. Why should Pastor Chris have it easier?
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by luruns: 11:43pm On Apr 15, 2008
9ja una dey yarn sha! some of una parents age they there dey testify there healings, meaning say if una pupsy/ mumsy collect small pepper them go still go testify like that? the man wen fit talk with him mouth say dem bribe am why he no come out to show himself? for me i consider that guy as coward because no be man. finally make una allow God judge every man. Make una no take una mouth swear for una selves, after una go dey shout God why things be like this for my life self. don't spoil people so that they will not spoil you as well.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by fyneguy: 11:40am On Apr 16, 2008
@ owi11

I have no problem with him criticizing Pastor Chris "style'. However, from his statement:

'''Please - why does Pator Chris only heal the people with unnoticeable diseases. When I see a withered hand fully transform on the screen before my very eyes, then I will believe he is real'''

He wants to confirm the genuineness of a miracle by what he 'sees'. Thats so unchristian. Christianity is not based on PROGNOSIS. It is by faith which is not based on what you see!
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by AKO1(m): 12:01pm On Apr 16, 2008
He wants to confirm the genuineness of a miracle by what he 'sees'. Thats so unchristian. Christianity is not based on PROGNOSIS. It is by faith which is not based on what you see!

It is interesting to note that most of the miracles of Jesus and Paul and so on were done in broad day light and were provable. Thats why the Pharisees never doubted if Jesus could do miracles, they contended with the fact that Jesus is the son of God. When a 'miracle' is medically questionable, I think it is perfectly okay to doubt it's genuity.

I would like you to note that faith is only necessary to receive a miralce for yourself or someone else from God, where faith and miracles are concernced. Once the miracle is manifest, you dont need faith to believe that it has happened because then, it should be obvious to everyone who sees, whether they have faith or not.
Re: Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! by ow11(m): 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2008
@AKO

Spot on.

@fyneguy

If I am not sick why do I need faith to believe someone was healed. Its either he is healed or he isn't. Faith without a man of God can bring healing so why do i need to believe everyone who claims to be healing people. Then doctors can also claim to be Men of God too as they also 'heal' people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.