Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,983 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment (647 Views)

Judgment In Wike’s Appeal Ongoing At Appeal Court / Baba Suwe Loses N25M NDLEA Damages Suit / Baba Suwe Vs NDLEA: N25m Judgment Appeal Hearing On April 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment by MrGlobe(m): 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment

Yoruba actor, Babatunde Omidina, popularly called Baba Suwe, has urged the Court of Appeal, Lagos to affirm the judgment of a Lagos High Court, Ikeja awarding him N25m compensation for his wrongful detention by the National Drugs Law Enforcement Agency in 2011.

The Justice Chima Nweze-led appeal reserved the case for judgment after parties adopted their briefs of argument on Thursday.

Nweze said the date for delivering judgment would be communicated to the lawyers representing the two parties.

Omidina’s counsel, Mr. Bamidele Aturu, at the hearing of the case, said the entire appeal by NDLEA was “unmeritorious” and urged the appellate court to uphold the judgment of the lower court.

But counsel for the NDLEA, Mr. Femi Oloruntoba, further justified the action of the agency detaining Omidina upon suspicion of drug ingestion for a total of 24 days from October 13 to November 4, 2011.

In adopting the agency’s five ground-appeal, Oloruntoba asked the Justice Chima Nweze-led appeal panel, to set aside the lower court’s judgment, saying the verdict was not in agreement with the evidence the parties put before the trial judge.

http://www.punchng.com/news/baba-suwe-urges-appeal-court-to-affirm-n25m-judgment/
Re: Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment by MrGlobe(m): 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
Justice Chima Nweze better not joke with this matter. The Yoruba Actor must serve jail time for crime as a deterrent to others.
Re: Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2013

[size=28pt]Omidina’s counsel, Mr. Bamidele
Aturu[/size], at the hearing of the case, said
the entire appeal by NDLEA was
“unmeritorious”

grin grin grin grin grin
Bamidele Aturu
Very funny name
I can't imagine Aturu representing me in court
Why not nkita or ewu
Re: Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment by eggheaders(m): 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
Mr. Globe:
Justice Chima Nweze better not joke with this matter. The Yoruba Actor must serve jail time for crime as a deterrent to others.

hey foolglobe you are an unrepentant fuccktard. since Ndlea didn't find a single pellet of cocain on him.then who are you born baastard to say he was involve in drug trafficking. stay here and whine and cry all day.while he get is 25 mils.my two cents if the matter pains you so hard.get a thick rope and hang your miserable self.

2 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
Pops used to say,'son, a wise man is void of bigotry. Wen at it's fullest, it makes d world see how foolish u are'

2 Likes

Re: Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment by MrGlobe(m): 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
eggheaders:

hey foolglobe you are an unrepentant fuccktard. since Ndlea didn't find a single pellet of cocain on him.then who are you born baastard to say he was involve in drug trafficking. stay here and whine and cry all day.while he get is 25 mils.my two cents if the matter pains you so hard.get a thick rope and hang your miserable self.
My friend freeglobe asked you to address me as 'Royal', please respect that. Now to respond to your tissue opinion, how did you know NDLEA didn't find a pellet of coke on him? why was he detained for more than 2 weeks? I am not surprised you are supporting Amnesty for baba Suwe. I know you also supported Amnesty for boko haram. smh
Re: Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment by eggheaders(m): 10:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
Mr. Globe:

My friend freeglobe asked you to address me as 'Royal', please respect that. Now to respond to your tissue opinion, how did you know NDLEA didn't find a pellet of coke on him? why was he detained for more than 2 weeks? I am not surprised you are supporting Amnesty for baba Suwe. I know you also supported Amnesty for boko haram. smh

ok paramount ruler of the bononos.are you this reta.rded or pretending to be so.and you believe ndlea found drug on him and didn't nail him.and allowed themselves to be disgrace and put through this litigation they definitely gonna lose.grow some brain cow.damn is your i.q this low.he was detained for two weeks so as to certify that the pellets ain't stuck in his body.after that duration of time coke will definitely rupture in his stomach.I don't expect fool like you to know that.
Re: Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment by dayokanu(m): 11:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
nwando: grin grin grin grin grin
Bamidele Aturu
Very funny name
I can't imagine Aturu representing me in court
Why not nkita or ewu

[size=14pt]Have you wondered what Owobokiri, Nwobodo, Okosisi and Nwando mean in Yoruba?[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
dayokanu:

[size=14pt]Have you wondered what Owobokiri, Nwobodo, Okosisi and Nwando mean in Yoruba?[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What is Nwando in Yoruba

Please I hope your real name is not Olaniyi Aturu
Re: Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment by DisGuy: 11:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
Mr. Globe:
Baba Suwe Urges Appeal Court To Affirm N25m Judgment

Yoruba actor, Babatunde Omidina, popularly called Baba Suwe, has urged the Court of Appeal, Lagos to affirm the judgment of a Lagos High Court, Ikeja awarding him N25m compensation for his wrongful detention by the National Drugs Law Enforcement Agency in 2011.

The Justice Chima Nweze-led appeal reserved the case for judgment after parties adopted their briefs of argument on Thursday.

Nweze said the date for delivering judgment would be communicated to the lawyers representing the two parties.

Omidina’s counsel, Mr. Bamidele Aturu, at the hearing of the case, said the entire appeal by NDLEA was “unmeritorious” and urged the appellate court to uphold the judgment of the lower court.

But counsel for the NDLEA, Mr. Femi Oloruntoba, further justified the action of the agency detaining Omidina upon suspicion of drug ingestion for a total of 24 days from October 13 to November 4, 2011.

In adopting the agency’s five ground-appeal, Oloruntoba asked the Justice Chima Nweze-led appeal panel, to set aside the lower court’s judgment, saying the verdict was not in agreement with the evidence the parties put before the trial judge.

http://www.punchng.com/news/baba-suwe-urges-appeal-court-to-affirm-n25m-judgment/

What evidence?

(1) (Reply)

Sure P Jobs By The Fedral Government / HALLELUJAH! Woman Rescued From Collapsed Bangladesh Factory After 17 Days(photo) / Boko Haram Is Nothing Compared To MEND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.