Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? (2071 Views)

Guys, Will You Still Continue The Marriage After You Discover She Did This? / My Fiancee Forget Things Easily, Should I Go On With The Marriage? / Can Marriage Work Where The Woman Earns More Than Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by hisgrace2: 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2008
Can their marriage work?

My childhood friend - a lady - wants to marry his childhood boyfriend who sells bearded goats in Ariara market - I am trying to discourage this - please - do you think it will work, cos the lady is a banker - pls advice.
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by Seun(m): 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2008
Your lady-friend is a clerk and her boyfriend is an entrepreneur. She should count herself lucky.
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by cixluv(f): 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2008
Seun:

Your lady-friend is a clerk and her boyfriend is an entrepreneur. She should count herself lucky.

@ poster

WORD sad
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by Busta(f): 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2008
bound to be doomed from day1

no way its gonna work or last!
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by cixluv(f): 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2008
@ busta

any reasons why the union won't work?
aren't they productive as man and woman?
are u going to base ur argument based on occupation? sad

as far as reproduction is concered, for the woman to bear kids, the man will have to mate her not his occupation mating her. wink
i don tire sef angry
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by ty4real(m): 6:59pm On Apr 09, 2008
2Poster!
Who says it wont work/Abewg leave story,its only in Africa that we say such wont work in western world dont butchers marry corporate ladies!Be reall,it will and can work if both make it work and they are comfortable with each other. grin
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by hisgrace2: 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2008
pls u are all making me scared for my friend - should she back out? Mr Seun - but you are right there sha - he is self employed - an employer of labour.
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2008
Busta:

bound to be doomed from day1

no way its going to work or last!

care to share ur reasons why u think its not going to work?
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by eiete(f): 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2008
Because she is a banker does not mean she is loaded cos she could be working as a low paid staff at the bank.
Who says people have to marry for money. If they both love each other and are accepting of each others income statues why should you be concerned.
Who knows what the young man might be tommorow.
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by emmanuel2u: 7:39pm On Apr 09, 2008
i talk am smiley smiley i know say na his grace go post this kain topic :d :d
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by rite2salas(m): 7:40pm On Apr 09, 2008
I am trying to discourage this
Bad Belle People  grin cheesy
Wetin be your own, shey anybody discourage you when you wan marry
Leave them jare, as long as they are in love  cheesy grin
Nothin do them
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by Busta(f): 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2008
The success gap is toooooo much!!
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by SamMilla1(m): 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2008
which success gap,
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by hisgrace2: 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2008
this story na true o - everytime my lady friend come visit me - she go dey smell one kain smell like that and me go dey think say na one kain designer perfume - na now i come realise say that smell na dat of goat wey him boyfriend they smell - i tire o.
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by bigfather(m): 9:08pm On Apr 09, 2008
Definatly the marriage can work if they both understand each other. Working in a bank can also be a cleaning job you know ? grin
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by Needlelady(f): 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2008
The success gap is toooooo much!!
Are you saying they are not on the same level? It's only in Naija that things like this matter anyway because it's no story in the US besides, he may be making more from his bearded goat business than the so called banker. How much does these Nigerian bankers make anyway, $2000 a month? that does not sound like good money to me.
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by hisgrace2: 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2008
Needlelady:

Are you saying they are not on the same level? It's only in Naija that things like this matter anyway because it's no story in the US besides, he may be making more from his bearded goat business than the so called banker. How much does these Nigerian bankers make anyway, $2000 a month? that does not sound like good money to me.

Na dis one we dey talk? Even if banker dey earn only $2000 for Naija - dat one can buy more things than what $2000 can buy for that your America -

Are you saying in america, it doesnt matter who you marry - lier - abeg no come dey tell story wey we know already for here o - see you pu ssy self. Stinky.
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by NaJaHaJe(f): 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2008
una no say Love is very blind. grin

At least be grateful that he's making some change legally!

Everybody cannot all be Investment Bankers!!!!!!!!!
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by TheSly: 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2008
Not gonna work!!

Unless he is ready to wash panties. . .dishes . . . clean errthing in tha house. . . .
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by chinda3: 10:17pm On Apr 09, 2008
Posted by: NaJa HaJe
una no say Love is very blind.

my sister i no know anything,blind love na for those wey dey blind but as for me my own love dey wear [b]GOGGLE COME JOIN AM WITH CONTACT LENS,SO E NO BLIND AT ALL BECAUSE I DEY SEE ROAD[/b]
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by Cristalz(f): 10:23pm On Apr 09, 2008
LMAO grin grin grin grin

@poster
Why the emphasis on 'bearded'? Goat na goat,beard or no beard.

Why won't the union work?Afterall the woman will be bringing loaded customers straight from her bank to her husband's goat shed. With the in-flow of cash,the man go graduate from bearded goats to fattened cows grin And who says there's no money in cow business?By the time the man go get cow branches for Zamfara,Maiduguri,Yobe,Jigawa and Kebbi,ah ah,money go don full ground na.

Allow your friend marry her man jo.As long as she loves him,the smell of goat is equal to the smell of the best Calvin Klein perfume wink grin
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 09, 2008
Cristalz:

LMAO grin grin grin grin

@poster

Why won't the union work?Afterall the woman will be bringing loaded customers straight from her bank to her husband's goat shed. With the in-flow of cash,the man go graduate from bearded goats to fattened cows grin And who says there's no money in cow business?By the time the man go get cow branches for Zamfara,Maiduguri,Yobe,Jigawa and Kebbi,ah ah,money go don full ground na.

Allow your friend marry her man jo.As long as she loves him,the smell of goat is equal to the smell of the best Calvin Klein perfume wink grin
lol! definately! cheesy
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by Teejay07(m): 2:32am On Apr 10, 2008
Even if the twoparties are willing, they will have to contend with societal demands - their families, immedaite neighbourhood and even at social gatherings. They need to be aware of this and know they have to deal with such issues at one point or another.

Poster, ur friend is an adult and the decision is hers, not urs. Let her be, and let her make her decisions herself.
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by onyekang1(f): 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2008
Cristalz:

LMAO grin grin grin grin

@poster

come! u don kill me with laugh here o! grin grin grin grin
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by chukz4real(m): 3:16pm On Apr 10, 2008
Y won't the marriage work. Is the guy not educated?
lipsrsealed
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by izeek(m): 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2008
success is not measured by what u have , but what u have given to get it.
if nah the guy be banker and the girl the goatheard, will u still ask this question.
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by Needlelady(f): 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2008
by his.grace,
Na this one we dey talk? Even if banker dey earn only $2000 for Naija - that one can buy more things than what $2000 can buy for that your America -

My friend it can only buy you more beans and akara but your quality of life will be lower than the person earning the same amount in America. Quote me.
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by cybersleek(m): 3:51pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hi people,

In recent times i have refrained from joining in forum discussions on nairaland for the simple fact that i see a lot of ignorant and unenlightened posts coming from people. Like this one now, what does selling goats and working in a bank got to do with a relationship? but from the little i have deduced from a lot of people's posts here, we Nigerians often have a funny notion or concept to what a job is supposed to be. If the man fulfills all his financial obligations selling goats, whats the big deal about that? I think a lot of ladies would rather date a trendy armed robber knowingly, than a hard working entreprenaur who has great ideas! remember, all that glitters is not gold.
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by bawomolo(m): 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2008
does either party have a huge ego?? if yes, then it won't. i personally can't imagine marrying someone that is much richer than me. those marriages cause conflicts
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by Frando29(m): 4:14pm On Apr 10, 2008
For all those that are saying it is going to work out, i have a question for you. Have you seen it happen in your lifetime, "a husband goatseller and a wifey banker?" mind you these wifey bankers can be very snooty
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by ty4real(m): 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2008
@pOSTER!
What God has joined together let no man put asunder (2x) , Ebenezer Obey! grin

What God has joined together let no career difference put asunder (2x), Ty4real grin grin

Next opinion please! cheesy cheesy
Re: He Sells Bearded Goats In The Mket, She Works In A Bank, Can The Marriage Work? by izeek(m): 4:46pm On Apr 10, 2008
nah the man she dey marry not the goat simple.
the goats are only a source of livelihood,
very lucrative one too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Guy's Ability To Flirt. / Help! Girls Dont Like Me / Do Girls Give Their Number To Keep Their Phones Busy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.