Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

7 Mistakes Women Make That Ruin Their Chances Of Finding True Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Mistakes Women Make That Ruin Their Chances Of Finding True Love (1067 Views)

The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right / The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. / Mistakes Women Make When Their Guys Cheat On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Mistakes Women Make That Ruin Their Chances Of Finding True Love by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 20, 2013
I don't believe these points are absolute, but to a large extent they re very true...

You are not worse off than your friends because they’re all 27
with kids and a husband and you don’t have either. The truth is that
many of them aren’t happy anyway
Looking for love? Then why are you always finding the opposite? Stop blaming the
world and listen to me. Here are the mistakes that many black women make when
trying to find true love. Pay attention, it might change your life.

1) Keeping a list of rules, standards and expectations: Do you bring a
set of rules and lists with you into every relationship? Maybe a man needs to be a
certain height, weight, income level, shoe size or IQ? If so, just know right now that
every man you meet is probably going to come up short. The new guy always seems
nice and shiny, but if you’re seeking perfection, you’ll never find it.

2) Being a bag lady: If the last dog you dealt with defines how you’re going to
deal with the next man, then just know that by preparing for dogs, you’re probably
attracting them.

3) Not knowing how to love a decent man when you meet one: If you
come into a relationship prepared to play stupid games, this probably means that you’ll
run off any decent guy who comes into your life. I’m one of those “nice guys” with a
high income and I can see a nasty woman from a mile away. Those women do not get
my attention.

4) Feeling pressured to hit certain benchmarks before a certain date:
You are not worse off than your friends because they’re all 27 with kids and a
husband and you don’t have either. The truth is that many of them aren’t happy
anyway, and a lot of them have settled with bad men in order to fill their quota. Just
give it five years and you’ll see many of them in divorce court.

5) Forgetting about the art of being nice: A lot of black women teach each
other to be mean because some of them are mean to each other. Feminists teach you
that being kind and sweet to a man means that you are giving in to him and makes you
weak. Here’s a news flash: If you’re in love, you’re SUPPOSED to give in to one
another. Men like women who are nice. Being evil is not sexy, even when you think you
have a good reason for being an a**hole.

6) Choosing flash over depth and substance: He’s tall, handsome with a
nice job. So what. Does he love you? Is he a good person? Does he have good
values? That’s what’ll make him your husband and not just another guy trying to get
into your pants.

7) No capacity to forgive: If you allow one little thing to anger you to the
point of being unable to forgive and move on, you’re basically killing everything that
makes you beautiful. Don’t do that. Your man is going to make mistakes. Prepare to
forgive him to save your relationship. Love is hard work, accept that.
————————-

Source: Ynaija blog.
Re: 7 Mistakes Women Make That Ruin Their Chances Of Finding True Love by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 20, 2013

I am coming back.
Re: 7 Mistakes Women Make That Ruin Their Chances Of Finding True Love by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 20, 2013
Oh and lest I forget, for the guys just replace man with woman, on the post and you'll see that same rules apply to everyone....

(1) (Reply)

Dont Be Fooled / Birds Of A Feather (true Story) / Why Guys Too Dey Like Claim Woman Were Them Never Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.