Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? (14828 Views)

Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / Why Akpabio Was Flown Out Of Nigeria For Threatment - See / My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by drnoel: 11:35am On Apr 20, 2013
The Governor of Akwa Ibom state, Mr Godswill Akpabio has claimed that he was misunderstood for his recent confession that he struck out the name of a Senatorial candidate for Senator Etuk during the 2011 general election.

“What happened was, we had a political meeting before the primaries where the list of people were given to me-possible candidates for the Senate in my senatorial district. And I struck off the name of the person that was recommended to me and I said no that, I will prefer another person because the senatorial seat should be zoned to the minority local government.”

The governor emphasised that the name substitution was “before the primaries, long before the general election.”

A 48 seconds video which was uploaded on the internet, went viral as the Governor was seen during a reception for the Good Governance tour in Uyo, admitting that he struck out the name of a candidate in favour of Senator Aloysius Etuk, the current chairman of Senate committee on Chairman, Pension Reform Task Team; so that his Senatorial district can produce the Senate.

Further explaining the situation around the cancelling of name, Mr Akpabio described it as a “political meeting.”

“It was a political conglomeration where we converge and discuss the affair of who should contest the Senate within the rank and file of an in-house arrangement before the primaries,” he said.

He emphasised that the ‘political conglomeration’ was “before the PDP primaries” and we were trying to decide who we should vote for and what area we should vote.”

“And somebody needs to know, this was not a general elction, not even a primary. It was not even an election we were talking about.”

When asked if the meeting was an internal arrangement, the Governor replied with an emphatic no. “It was before the voting where we were trying to decide who we will vote for at the primaries.”

“I am not INEC, even INEC cannot strike out somebody’s name and put another person’s name after an election result has been announced.”

A bemused Akpabio further stated that “Nigerians do not like to hear the truth” as he claimed he made
“Tell the admirers of the uncommon transformation (his administration’s motto), tell the admirers of Governor Akpabio that the governor is a democrat. I will never engage in that type of thing.”

The Governor also claimed that in 2007 he struggled to get the mandate for his election therefore, he was in no way capable of sticking out names.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AbmkkE1H6Kk

Pls watch the video again. His words were and I quote "I personally stroke out the name of the person that won the election and I produced Senator Aloysius. That is where he comes from". Now that statement is as crystal clear as black and white. No need telling us he was misunderstood cos we understood him very well. It tells u how silly Nigerian politics is, when a serving governor has the power to remove the name of someone that won an election.
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by Gamji007: 11:42am On Apr 20, 2013
These politicians have no respect for people at all. At first some people said the video was "DOCTORED", now the gov is saying he was "Misunderstood".

Our leaders are disgusting.
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by RECO: 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
STORIES, HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE WITH IS EVEN WORK
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by caperi: 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2013
before now i used to acknowledge this man some respect but ever since d past pronouncement that made all hell to get loose by him, the river of respect has dried up. being sorry does not matter now, will that change the fact that you wanted to kill ahmed musa of hembelembe in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2013
How dare you lie to our face, you bigot angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by dridowu: 12:58pm On Apr 20, 2013
1 thing is certain d man is confused or the reporters
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by RECO: 12:58pm On Apr 20, 2013
STORIES, HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE WITH HIS EVIL WORK
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by Seeeeeeee: 1:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
who paid some money to blackmail Gov Akpabio, come to Akwa ibom and see transformation. This is just a cheap blackmail what concerns who ever with senatorial election. That's Ikot Ekpene senatorial district n what the op said is false...

5 Likes

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by kalunomics(m): 1:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
cutting out 48seconds from a video coverage is like quoting someone out of content and then interpreting it the way you like. Why not show us the full video clip and let judge if he was really misunderstood or not?

4 Likes

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by mariblizzy(f): 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2013
hmmmm, that one na him own biz...
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by talk2s(m): 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2013
Well, after the attacks and counter attacks;
After the accusations and counter-accusations;
After the condemnations and susequent defences;
I dare say: NIGERIA. IS FOR US ALL - let us salvage it together. If I could, at least, peddle my side of the boat well; And if you could, at least, do the same thing, we will very certainly arrive at the shore together, safe and fulfilled - someday!

1 Like

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by dulphines: 1:30pm On Apr 20, 2013
"Senator,take a bow" remains my favourite quote from Akpabio's speech.

1 Like

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by ITbomb(m): 1:30pm On Apr 20, 2013
He should ve just kept quiet .
Nigerians forgets easily

2 Likes

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by drnoel: 1:31pm On Apr 20, 2013
kalunomics: cutting out 48seconds from a video coverage is like quoting someone out of content and then interpreting it the way you like. Why not show us the full video clip and let judge if he was really misunderstood or not?
I agree with u but it would be nice to hear directly from channels TV so we can see the whole interview ourselves
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by mancheeutd(m): 1:34pm On Apr 20, 2013
kalunomics: cutting out 48seconds from a video coverage is like quoting someone out of content and then interpreting it the way you like. Why not show us the full video clip and let judge if he was really misunderstood or not?

i think thats right b4 judging him on a 48sec clip y nt watch the complete interview
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by Marineetyon(m): 1:37pm On Apr 20, 2013
You should all keep quiet, this is my senatorial district and I know everything that transpired during the said period, my governor can not do such disgusting a thing. My governor is the best governor since the inception of democracy in the entire country... If you doubting me just visit uyo you'l tell the story of the uncommon transformation yourself. If you're an instrument of blackmail remain mute forever.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by ITbomb(m): 1:38pm On Apr 20, 2013
drnoel:
I agree with u but it would be nice to hear directly from channels TV so we can see the whole interview ourselves
It was not an interview , it was a town hall like meeting and that was his full direct answer to a question about what he has done to a certain community.
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2013
Marine*etyon:
You should all keep quiet, this is my senatorial district and I know everything that transpired during the said period, my governor can not do such disgusting a thing. My governor is the best governor since the inception of democracy in the entire country... If you doubting me just visit uyo you'l tell the story of the uncommon transformation yourself. If you're an instrument of blackmail remain mute forever.

My people perish for lack of wisdom embarassed

6 Likes

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by fistonme(m): 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2013
talk2s: Well, after the attacks and counter attacks;
After the accusations and counter-accusations;
After the condemnations and susequent defences;
I dare say: NIGERIA. IS FOR US ALL - let us salvage it together. If I could, at least, peddle my side of the boat well; And if you could, at least, do the same thing, we will very certainly arrive at the shore together, safe and fulfilled - someday!

o boy wetin concern boat n paddle for this matter wey dey ground so. No worry, since na to paddle boat dey hungry u, carry on. I sabi swim. N i sure say i go reach the bank of the river b4 u. Afterall, the end justifies the means.
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by franchizy(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2013
I tink the Governor is misunderstand by peoples because if u came to Akwa Ibom u will saw a lot of transform he has do in the state.
Ride on my Governor, haters go hugs transform

1 Like

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by Ninilowo(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2013
Political acrobat doing one of their stunts called SKINNING THE CAT. Yorubas call it BIRIPO.
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by bknight: 1:49pm On Apr 20, 2013
Dribbling d maradona style
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by TableLeg(m): 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2013
franchizy: I tink the Governor is misunderstand by peoples because if u came to Akwa Ibom u will saw a lot of transform he has do in the state.

The above is a monumental disgrace to yourself and english language ... You can't even string a sentence together, you should be banned forever from speaking, writing or promoting english language!

Next time dont bother, type in your native dialect!

7 Likes

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by nairaman66(m): 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2013
franchizy: I tink the Governor is misunderstand by peoples because if u came to Akwa Ibom u will saw a lot of transform he has do in the state.

I'd like to know the school you attended.. No offense! I know someone who is seeking admission, maybe you can help grin

3 Likes

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by nairaman66(m): 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
Table Leg :

The above is a monumental disgrace to yourself and english language ... You can't even string a sentence together, you should be banned forever from speaking, writing or promoting english language!

Next time dont bother, type in your native dialect!

That's hash!!
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by Truckpusher(m): 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2013
Gamji007: These politicians have no respect for people at all. At first some people said the video was "DOCTORED", now the gov is saying he was "Misunderstood".

Our leaders are disgusting.
All leaders all over the world will always say something else whilst doing something else.....It's not a new thing bro it's just that African leaders seem to come out first in this game of shamelessness
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by vizboy(m): 2:17pm On Apr 20, 2013
my bro Na wa oh wetin cum happen. Why you com murder english like these now
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by lomakx: 2:18pm On Apr 20, 2013
Marine*etyon:

and why should we all keep quiet?? Na ur papa get Nairaland Park well jawe

2 Likes

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by searay(m): 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2013
The Ikono and Ini people should always be grateful for the governor because I can't see them even in the next 8 years producing a senator. Zoning good sha but...my Uncle would have been been a better Senator if he was adopted by Akpabio. Though I don't like Akpabio, I like his work in the United State of Akwa Ibom.
Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by bigfat08: 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2013
[size=15pt]YES VERY VERY MISUNDERSTOOD INDEED ...[/size]

Re: I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? by searay(m): 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2013
lomakx:

and why should we all keep quiet?? Na ur papa get Nairaland Park well jawe
Stop vomitting Poo in your mouth. What do you know about Akwa Ibom and my senatorial district?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Chieftain To Buhari - Stop Parading Yourself As A Saint / Umar Ganduje Hosts Alpha Conde, President Of Guinea / Spanish Ambassador, Marcelino Ansorena Visits Senator Orji Kalu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.