Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ (6249 Views)

Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? / Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by Babasessy(m): 9:31am On Nov 13, 2011
7-yr single term: I was misunderstood – Jonathan
On November 12, 2011 · In News

By DANIEL IDONOR

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan regrets that his proposed seven-year single tenure for the president was widely misunderstood to mean self ambition to remain in power.

According to him, the proposal has been misunderstood by those who think he wants to add that term to his current one.

President Jonathan

Jonathan was speaking to Mr. Alain Juppe, French Foreign Minister, who visited the State House, as part of the activities of his visit to Nigeria.

“My proposal for a single seven-year tenure is anchored on the need for an incumbent president to focus maximum attention on the execution of his development programmes, instead of expending vital energy on re-election issues, though this has been misunderstood to mean I want additional seven years”, the president clarified.

He noted that political stability has returned to Africa, although in some African countries the major challenge remained the attempt by the incumbents to stay in power beyond constitutional mandates, or to insist on anointing their successors. While deploring this, Jonathan pointed out that much progress is being made across the continent, and that Africa’s success stories should be encouraged.

He expressed appreciation to French President Nicolas Sarkozy for his consistent support and friendship to Nigeria and Africa, adding that Sarkozy’s “robust support and friendship” had enabled Nigeria and ECOWAS to successfully restore peace in Cote d’Ivoire.”

“We could not have succeeded in restoring peace in Cote d’Ivoire without President Sarkozy’s support”, he stated, adding that the intervention in Cote D’Ivoire has also enabled stability and successful elections to be held in Liberia.

Jonathan told Juppe that his administration is working hard to check terrorism and piracy, as part of efforts to provide a sustainable environment for trade and investments in the country, and appealed for French support to check this menace.

Earlier, the French Foreign Minister said he held “very constructive” discussions with his Nigerian counterpart in the areas of agriculture, energy, aviation and mining.

He said France is committed to supporting and ensuring development in Africa, though there are concerns about political and economic stability as well as piracy and terrorist activities in some parts of the continent.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/7-yr-single-term-i-was-misunderstood-jonathan/
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by obowunmi(m): 9:36am On Nov 13, 2011
Goodluck is a slowpoke
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by Ufeolorun(m): 9:43am On Nov 13, 2011
Just flipping do your job man! fiddlesticks angry!.  Koda! cheesy
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 13, 2011
How useless can a fellow be? (>_<wink
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 13, 2011
He will be remebered for insecurity bigtime
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by doctokwus: 1:00pm On Nov 13, 2011
Perhaps d man thought d presidency was a stroll in d park,hardly had he settled down than he started putting 4wad d 7yr and subsidy issues.Now he has come down to earth& realises that each day of ruling dis country brings a new challenge;frm his reaction to dem so far,its clear GEJ and his whole kitchen cabinet team are not prepared for d realities of d nigerian state.
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by stormm: 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2011
So to this man, democracy is turn-by-turn chop-chop. Chop for 7 years then the next man takes over. What arrant nonsense! Does this man think before spewing such garbage?
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by KnowAll(m): 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2011
nobody wants to vote in  a " Que Sera Sera" OR What would be would be President" we want to have a right and an undeniable previledge to send any fuccccccking idiooooot leader back to where they came from if neeeeed be, perharps Messers Jonathan knows something that most of us don't know. people had a hunch over and it is becoming quite imperative  that an incumbent does not lose elections in Africa. If this theory was true and proven we might as well hand each President in Africa a single term for a good number of years. The downside to this policy would be having a lame duck in power  close to 7 or 8th years in power.
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by stormm: 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2011
KnowAll:

The downside to this policy would be having a lame duck in power close to 7 or 8th years in power.

My point. No sense of urgency or competition. He gets in just to loot till he leaves for his next 'paddy'
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by eghost247(m): 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2011
where are all the GEJ critics on nairaland,
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by 1025: 2:35pm On Nov 13, 2011
we did not only misunderstood his 7 yr single tenure but we also misunderstood his name Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikiwe(JEGA 2).
we saw the greece prime minister resign because his ppl misunderstood him. italian prime minister just resigned because italians have misunderstood him. can someone tell JEGA 2 to do same now that he is aware that we misunderstood him.
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by chuks49(m): 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2011
Why 7years you should have proposed 8years single tenure for yourself and (your) governors. I de laugh.
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by Mcleo007(m): 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2011
THis man never fails to disappoint me sha. undecided

Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by funextra20: 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2011
Get your POLAND,RUSSIA,GEORGIA,UKRAINE,SOUTH AFRICA(TOURIST)INVITATION,CALL ME ON 07086591720, NO FOR PAYMENT , SCHOOL FEES ON ARRIVAL, I HAVE BEING TO THIS COUNTRIES MYSELF AND I PROCESSED IT MYSELF AND I CAN DO IT FOR YOU AT A TOKEN FEE, WHEN WE MEET I SHOW YOUR PICTURES,AND I SPEAK RUSSIAN,POLISH.JUST CALL ME
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by cjfavour(m): 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2011
During OBJ's admin, it is called tasting the water. We've not forgotten that. GL is not to be trusted as he proved that by contesting in d last election despite his initial avowal not to.
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by Beaf1: 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2011
Arrant Nonsence!
Thank your stars to the socalled Nigerian constitution. We woulda REDUCED your 4 years to 4 months!
GEJ you are a MISTAKE to Nigeria.
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by olaola2: 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2011
8yrs single term,so dat we could have more killings.thanks gej,finish ur term and leave[color=#006600][/color]
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by Tunmi(f): 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2011
A 7-year presidential tenure would be a good idea if only our leaders were not known for their corruption. With four years, a year is spent feeling the waters, the next two on doing something or attempting to do something, and the last year on a reelection campaign. 7 years make sense but not for the type of leaders Nigeria has.
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by sartorius(m): 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2011
actually Gej is absolutely correct , though i doubt his intent. the cost to the economy ,the need to steal reaches a peak in the third year. eg in lagos development has slowed a bit because fashola has to repay to his sponsors the cost they expended in the process, not to talk less of some other states.
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by dayokanu(m): 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2011
This man has turn mental retardation into a popular fashion he wears everywhere
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by cjfavour(m): 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2011
Have someone hacked beaf's account?Is that Beaf insulting GEJ? soneone pls find out. IF ITS REALLY BEAF,HE SHOULD TENDER APOLOGY TO US FOR MISINFORMING THE PEOPLE AND MAKING THEM TO VOTE FOR THIS STINGING FRESH AIR. or beaf he dey owe you too?
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by cabali(m): 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2011
I discovered that GEJ is DUMB. That's a given but to find out that he thinks the Nigerian citizen is also dumb is a new one!!
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by cabali(m): 4:12pm On Nov 13, 2011
I have never supported this drunk!!

Someone with the single opportunity to do better turns out a disgrace! I did not vote you! and do not support you
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by Yinkay: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2011
This must be another account Beaf! with the exclamation mark. Original account is Beaf. The other must be an impostor.
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2011
Mr. President, when will electricity be stable in Nigeria.
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by Beaf1: 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2011
Yinkay:

This must be another account Beaf! with the exclamation mark. Original account is Beaf. The other must be an impostor.

read my signature
the other beaf is a virus/spam  cheesy
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by sholay2011(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2011
i rily lyk dis man, FRESH AIR!
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 13, 2011
Just like bottom profile says, GEJ is a clusterfuck who has succeeded in multiplying Nigeria's woes in just 6 months of leadership. Even IBB (may he die painfully) wasn't that bad.

GEJ abeg waka pass. Finish your tenure and leave but while you're at it, Nigerians are waiting for the subsidy removal.
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2011
Pdude it is clear u have so much hatred for president
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by Willy7(m): 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2011
Ok Sir we now understand quite right,and we still say NO.Can we move to the next agender(s)?Oh i forgot,the next agender is fuel subsidy removal,and we still say NO,What next?Toll gates i guess,hmmm undecided.As for boko boys,like u said,its our turn to experience terrorism,and the govt is ontop of the situation.Good people great nation.
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by xtianh(m): 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2011
I volunteer to add zero to d 7 to make it 70yrs so he can hv enough time to execute whtever plan he has
Re: My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ by oge4real(f): 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2011
I am still refusing to be involved in any GEJ discuss untill oneday.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City / Jonathan Donates N200M To Yobe University. / Again, Rotimi Amaechi In The Spotlight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.