Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not (35886 Views)

How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original / Some Places Where Use Of Phone Is Prohibited But People Dont Obey / What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by edgideon(m): 1:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
OCTAVO: I hate blackderry with strong passion!!!
I can never use blackderry... grin cheesy grin cheesy
Epe ko.
u cant use a blackderry coz it dosnt exist,n u can't use a blackberry coz its big n beta tan ur standards
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BashToks: 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
samilo88:
So a 100K Z10 is now competing with a paltry 15K tecno phone? That says it all. Blackberry is a rip off. Only girls find it interesting cos of their nonsense pinging and badoo. Abeg who knws if their are data plans for legitimate browsing and downloads for andriod fones cos I don plan to dash ma younger brother dis ma BB, that na even if he go even collect am sef.

I cringe when I come across threads that compare Blacberries to Droids. Naija is known to always carry last when it comes to technology and developments.
The only other phone manufacturer that's in the same class is.. well Apple.

@Those saying Z10s gettin android apps. That the biggest joke I ever heard. The BB10 OS is a major improvement by Blackberry (formerly RIM) but dey arent gettin android apps. And to make mayyers worse its gona tak a while for developers to take the OS seriously thats if the franchise survives. People shud read up more on stuf.
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by ibietela2(m): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
Woooooow can you believe i watched Liverpool vs Chelsea and others on droid, stream YouTube video without sweeting.. Now waiting for the champions League tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BashToks: 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
thelastPope:

This is not exactly correct. Blackberry uses a compression technique to save data but this does not apply to every Internet function in BB. It applies mainly to chat and email. Now with BB10, the BBM has been separated from the other Internet access. The reason BB still saves data is because the applications don't access the Internet like droid apps. If you control your data access in droid, you can achieve the same data efficiency.

Also, with BB10, blackberry phones will consume data just like any droid phones. The reason it is still cool in Nigeria is because most Nigerians mainly do chat and email. By the time you start downloading badazz apps and doing regular updates and playing online games, you go know say kaki no be leather.

BB is already going the way of the dinosaurs and BB10 was a very weak attempt at come back. Whatsapp is certainly about to send bbm to oblivion. BB's days are numbered.

As in. I try to educate them buh I end up looking arrogant which am not. It's like a whole world waiting to be explored but the bandwagon effect wouldn't allow them see. Technology is mad now and you're still stickin to yer Blackberry?

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BashToks: 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
asids55: nfs most wanted,1.8gb size..try dat on ur bb10 or the next one coming out and tell me if bb no go blow

Lolz. Abeg guy hook me up with sites/forums where I can get dese bad ass HD games. Am itching for them.

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by NEROSKY(m): 2:07pm On Apr 22, 2013
You ppl should continue sleeping on bike why i gather money to buy my Sony xperia U or P android smartphone

If you dash me bold 10 i go take am stone u... Nonsense OS

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by zeanslim(m): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
Hmmmm...some homo erectus..spp still like stone age ooo....now i belived..sum pple evolves backwards..smh
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by Emmysteve(m): 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

Professor Wole Soyinka dey use Tecno?
LMFAO
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by jedisco(m): 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
BashToks:

As in. I try to educate them buh I end up looking arrogant which am not. It's like a whole world waiting to be explored but the bandwagon effect wouldn't allow them see. Technology is mad now and you're still stickin to yer Blackberry?

You're the ignorant one here.
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BashToks: 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
rman: I will continue to say it that all these TECHNO kids need to validate thier choice of phone by bashing BB.

If Android is great for your purposes, fine, if it is IOS or Windows Fine.

Coming online to rant about BB users preference shows you are pained they have their own click ( especially in Nigeria ), which you don't belong.

It is not everyone that plays games, it is not everyone that watch movies on phone, it is not everyone that buys BB to ping.

But, if I like pinging, why should anyone discourage me from buying the phone with the best chat platform ( BBM )?

We all cant use the same phone. And yes, some buy expensive phone because it just fits their class not because they are not aware there are cheaper ones. Can this same arguement be made for wrist watches? They all tell time shey? So why buy an espensive wrist watch?

Nigerians rant about the number selling IT product in computer village.

I have used all the high end phones and can blodly say the best phones in the world right now are ( not in any particualrt order):

The LUMINA 920
SAMSUNG S3 ( S4 should be better)
IPHONE 5
Blackberry z10/q10
SONY XPERA X
and finally, the newly lauched HTC ONE.

True multitasking, live tiles, smooth OS, phone and data security, Keyboard,camera, fast browsers with flash support, beautiful hardware, clear call reception signal etc are key features of a good phone.

To the techno FANS? Tell me which of the above parameters does your 15k techno do better than BB10? People that can not afford proper game consoles have substituted them with phones. smh

Lol.. Don't mind the Technolites.. The phone maker was smart enough to tap into the android market but still has issue with the previous (china phone) reputation the phone had, hence the low prices. Buh dey get more than double the value for their money can't argue that with them.

And to ur best fones list.. Scratch Q10. Add Galaxy Note II. Yes S4 is dedinitely better than S3. Agree with the rest although Lumia 920 is more of aesthetic beauty.

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by Emmysteve(m): 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
ibietela2: Woooooow can you believe i watched Liverpool vs Chelsea and others on droid, stream YouTube video without sweeting.. Now waiting for the champions League tomorrow.
Bros abeg which plan u dey use?

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by OCTAVO: 2:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
edgideon: u cant use a blackderry coz it dosnt exist,n u can't use a blackberry coz its big n beta tan ur standards
You sick ni?

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by Emmysteve(m): 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
NEROSKY: You ppl should continue sleeping on bike why i gather money to buy my Sony xperia U or P android smartphone

If you dash me bold 10 i go take am stone u... Nonsense OS
Hahaha oga na fight? lol

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BashToks: 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
jedisco:

You're the ignorant one here.

Really!!?? Educate me, I beg you!

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by johnnyhandsom(m): 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
You can use blackberry for Multiple apps opening and switching
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by samilo88(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
ibietela2: Woooooow can you believe i watched Liverpool vs Chelsea and others on droid, stream YouTube video without sweeting.. Now waiting for the champions League tomorrow.
Please how do u do this. Am really interested. Hope its not one of those money ripping ponzy schemes oo..
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by mrdrizzy(m): 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
rman:

So everone in the world is a Nigerian. On the same forum that some of you claim blackberry is dead?

Facts will be rubbish for an ignorant mind. So, if a phone is not launched officially here that means you can not use it here. My S2 was the T-MOBILE version. Go figure how I got it. I bought the Z10 before it was launched here, you can figure that out too.

Nairaland so full of ignorant kids that think they know.

And for your big part, some ofyou don't know the kind of people you respondto on anonymous forums. 10years plus experience in IT/Telecoms industry isn't a joke. I bet you are still in school 10 years ago.

Learn to respond to people properly even if you have a contrary opinion

1st of all i will decline dis cus i really dnt wonna start any useless e-fyt ryt now,secondly,did i mention bb or nokia 920 in my last post(pls do read b4 u talk),also who cares if u have 20yrs on it tech,yes 10yrs bck i was in college,maybe even high sch sef,if u wonna say that,if u feel u wonna start telling the world that u have 10yrs of info tech ish,feel free to say so,jst knw that ppl have been there way b4 u have,with all due respect i will ask u nt to ever quote me again,its a public media,and everyone is entitled to their opinions,if u feel all what tecno android users do is jst to play game thats ur own issue,.oh and i will repeat it again i aint a tecno user,thank you!

3 Likes

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by ibietela2(m): 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
Emmysteve: Bros abeg which plan u dey use?

UNLIMITED DATA
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
After using bb 4 more than 2yrs, I prefer nokia 3310 to any bb (unsmart) phone . My HTC mk me smile, can even watch live football match with it

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by henry007(m): 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
As both an iphone and bb user. Av used so many apps and games on the iphone(I jailbroke it). In my opinion its a personal preference thing. I found android interface in the galaxy s3 a bit washed out and ugly(without mixing words). I also watched a review on youtube where the dude playing spiderman game On the note2 kept on saying its smoother on the iphone. Now the Z10 is a big leap from bold5,it may not have the apps but it has the capability(os-hardware integration) to run as any flagship smartphone should and even the few good games (nova3,spiderman and asphalt7 etc) run smoother than on the galaxy series. Even if I were 2 buy a fone just to make calls,text and surf the web,I'd say the size of the galaxy s4 or note2 is ridiculous for my daily needs. Forget all these games and gimmicky apps, most of us on this thread don't get to use up to 1/100 of what android/iphones have to offer and its nothing to be ashamed about.most of us wld tire from HD games within 3/4months sef like me. Just pick a device that suits ur daily needs and not what the next joe is carrying and u won't need to argue which is better/not for everyone.

4 Likes

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
johnny handsom: You can use blackberry for Multiple apps opening and switching
Is that a name of app, old cargo labatan

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by W3xy1(m): 2:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
juz passing by
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by samilo88(m): 2:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
rman:

So everone in the world is a Nigerian. On the same forum that some of you claim blackberry is dead?

Facts will be rubbish for an ignorant mind. So, if a phone is not launched officially here that means you can not use it here. My S2 was the T-MOBILE version. Go figure how I got it. I bought the Z10 before it was launched here, you can figure that out too.

Nairaland so full of ignorant kids that think they know.

And for your big part, some ofyou don't know the kind of people you respondto on anonymous forums. 10years plus experience in IT/Telecoms industry isn't a joke. I bet you are still in school 10 years ago.

Learn to respond to people properly even if you have a contrary opinion

From all ur post on this thread so far, u have only succeeded in posting the craps u ar made up of. You keep calling everyone a kid when it is totally clear you ar d one reasoning with the IQ of a toddler. This is an interactive forum where everyone airs his or her views. if u cant examine issues rationally and give meaningful contribution please don't resort to calling people kids. You come to a faceless network to brag about 10yrs of IT experience, please keep that to yourself we've seen enough people who come here to brag about what they would like to be in the real world.

2 Likes

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by NEROSKY(m): 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
If guys like it or not, this is the world's smartestphone. Xperia Z..
Bravia engine, phone that can be in water for days n nothing will happen, just YouTube it.
Anybody, that leaves this phone for Z10 is sick!
But unfortunately, I can't have it, though is 100k where am I supposed to get that kinda money..
I will kill for the phone!

Anyway, lemme stick on the plan of acquiring Xperia U or P(my seize) ... *Sad me*

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by mrdrizzy(m): 2:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
bros android does dat too

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by mrdrizzy(m): 2:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
NEROSKY: If guys like it or not, this is the world's smartestphone. Xperia Z..
Bravia engine, phone that can be in water for days n nothing will happen
lol so i heard too ,bt dat doesnt make it d best nah,bt the design is unique
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by ibietela2(m): 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2013

Olodo that is multitasking, which is done on all android phones.. Mine even runs 6 apps

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by mrdrizzy(m): 2:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
samilo88:
From all ur post on this thread so far, u have only succeeded in posting the craps u ar made up of. You keep calling everyone a kid when it is totally clear you ar d one reasoning with the IQ of a toddler. This is an interactive forum where everyone airs his or her views. if u cant examine issues rationally and give meaningful contribution please don't resort to calling people kids. You come to a faceless network to brag about 10yrs of IT experience, please keep that to yourself we've seen enough people who come here to brag about what they would like to be in the real world.
lolz
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BrutusOj(m): 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
Lagusta:

abeg lets face facts....

The only thing a BB can do is just PINGING!!! And that has been taken over by whatsapp...

A droid can play HD games, serve as a wireless hotspot, superfast downloads, over 600,000 free apps....

I know some BB fans will say bold5,6 and curve7 can also serve as a wireless hotspot, but i heard you need credit to do that, apart from the BIS subscription, but with a droid, its FREEEEEEEE!!!!!

Why buy a 100K Z10 when you can buy an infinix or tecno for 12-15K, with better value for money!!!
ur wrong about payin for hot spot browing for wireless by bb users..my curve 2 surf d net tru wireless hot spot browser witout a peny in ma account
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by collynzo2(m): 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
I am using MTN BIS on my Nokia E5 now, what else do I need BB for?

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by OCTAVO: 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
Nawa o, see e-bashing. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sowore: Elon Musk Smokes Weed On Live Show. (PHOTOS) / 5 Android Phones With 21MP Shooter For Camera Freaks This December / Great App For Watching Live Matches (android)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.