Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not (35887 Views)

How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original / Some Places Where Use Of Phone Is Prohibited But People Dont Obey / What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by hustla(m): 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
Jesuspikin87:

Abeg shey d techno dey support instagram?

yeah Instagram and Keek dey..+Skype..

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by hustla(m): 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
Emmysteve: bros na how much?

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by rman: 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
Denn: So many analysts here focus on sentiments rather than factual observations.

The old OS on BlackBerry was outdated. This threatened RIM's existence. BB10 was designed to correct the basic flaws on existing black berries.

BlackBerry 10 is a brand new OS with no hang over to the old system. It was built from the ground up.

Z10 (which runs on the BB10 platform) has the ability to match the average high end phone in the market. Reviews (even from critics) have been commendable. The only limitation (as with every brand new OS) is the relatively 'small' app market and little bugs that are being corrected with OTA updates...now what do you need 2 million apps for?

Multitasking, video chat via bbm, HF gaming, high end apps, voice clarity (including HD audio) , BBM chat, best touch keyboard etc are features you will find on the new z10.

how can you ridicule something you have not used or upgraded your knowledge about. Same way

Comparing techno to Z10? ww.notjustok.dazall

You know what you are talking about. Nairaland is full of sentimental Nigerians
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by johnnyhandsom(m): 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
ighoosagie:
Is that a name of app, old cargo labatan

Otu gbawa nne gi there anu mpama

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by johnnyhandsom(m): 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
mr.drizzy:
bros android does dat too

Android can only open 2 or 3 apps at a time

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by OCTAVO: 6:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
johnny handsom:

Says who? undecided
Pls don't say what you don't know o. Ehen

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by HugeMac: 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
Imanuelle:

I don't see the point of having a blackberry with unlimited internet access, if you can't stream with it.
and who told you can't stream with it
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by ITbomb(m): 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2013
johnny handsom:

For some people that jump from 3310 to BB, their first experience of a real phone is BB and as such they don't know that all they are seeing for the first time was already enjoyed by many years back.
Eg.
Many talk about email, push emails was already on symbian before 2008.
Opening many apps and switching between. Since 2009 , symbian has been running multi-tasking.
The good thing about BB is that it opened some people's eyes to smart fone but the smartest one always stepped up their game to Android. The Ultimate OS

2 Likes

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by mydearfrancis(m): 6:50pm On Apr 22, 2013
this Joiku Wifi hotspot
what's up on it, how does it works?
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by Nascimento(m): 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
walcolm:

The 100k Z10 can play HD games and super faster download and all those 600,000 free apps will be avauilable for use on the Z10 very soon

guy u didnt get s news very well. android is only give SOME apps to bbz1, not all. Android still king
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by CooldudeY2J: 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2013
OCTAVO: I hate blackderry with strong passion!!!
I can never use blackderry... grin cheesy grin cheesy
Epe ko.
Is it blackderry or burial ground grin
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by ibietela2(m): 7:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
BizBloke: Yes, even the Android phone is free.

Nice answer... You dey mind some fo.ols.

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by ibietela2(m): 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
ifechez:

wow!!! how is it. can you give me link or any app that does it? tanx

Get tubemate and movietube and syblatv or xbmc.org google them
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by ibietela2(m): 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
funshint: I just pity these android users in 9ja. By d time u pay heavily 4 data usage u'll do nothing but run bk 2 BB. I'm not saying BB is d best but let's be frank, d economic status of most pple in dis country does not really favour d usage of most of these android or IOS phones. u all claim 2 hv all dis free browsing tweaks and cheats; just wait till d ntwk operators outsmart u and fall your hand. Remembered wen Nokia java and symbian still rocked I was alwys looking 4 d latest browsing cheats infact I made a business 4rm it until I started using BB; I don't worry about my data usage with unlimited download. Never knew browsing could be so sweet and stress-free; infact I just wasted my time den but it wuz fun sha!
I make sure any device I use soothes my lifestyle. All d useful app like whatsapp, operamini, UCweb, googlemap, repligo reader, instant mail service, bible, some games etc run very fine on my BB and I'm very prudent with my battery usage. I only open apps I nid, I close down those I'm not using. I'm not a game freak, I hv fast access 2 my contacts, I hv d freedom 2 choose btw BBM, whatsapp, 2go, Badoo, etc Tell me what else do I need!!!
Most of u shouting android dis and dat are not in tune wit reality in 9ja; infact I'm sure most of u are not currently in 9ja. Most android users I know in 9ja also hv a BB. When u cum 2 9ja all 'ur android and iphones will becoming nothing better than a 2way radio or a cellular. Get dat into 'ur thick android blackwashed brains. BEEF!!!
The truth about dis issue is dat America can't just stand competition with products 4rm other countries. Hp u know dat BB is a canadian company while iPhone and android(google) are yankee based. So do d analysis u'll realise why they are so bent on bringing BB down @ all cost. Its pure BEEF!!!
Come 2 think of it just because TECNO now runs on android dat is enough justification 4 me to buy it? TECNO my foot!!!
Pls its a free world, let everybdy choose wat is best 4 them according 2 wat their pocket says.
N.B:- BB Z10 was not made with d average 9ja user in mind so I can't recommend it if wat u're lukin 4 is unlimited data usage rather go for os 6 or 7 BBs. Thank u!

chai i pity the person that gave you access to the internet. Please tell me which network offers UNLIMITED BIS in nigeria apart Etisalat?
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by ibietela2(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
johnny handsom:

WHITE LIAR
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by Emphasis(m): 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
johnny handsom:

Say what you know.

Below is a screenshot from my android (Tecno T3) Showing a list of the last eight used/Running application (meaning other running applications are overwritten)

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by rien05(f): 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
Lagusta:

i laugh like someone having achondroplasia!!!

Havent you heard that airtel BIS rocks on android, there are even better tweaks for other networks, now there are sims with unlimitd browsing!!!

Please donate your BB to the village champions!!!!

Pls and pls how does it work on android? I need to know. I use a galaxy
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by jakesund(m): 9:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
rman:

So everone in the world is a Nigerian. On the same forum that some of you claim blackberry is dead?

Facts will be rubbish for an ignorant mind. So, if a phone is not launched officially here that means you can not use it here. My S2 was the T-MOBILE version. Go figure how I got it. I bought the Z10 before it was launched here, you can figure that out too.

Nairaland so full of ignorant kids that think they know.

And for your big part, some ofyou don't know the kind of people you respondto on anonymous forums. 10years plus experience in IT/Telecoms industry isn't a joke. I bet you are still in school 10 years ago.

Learn to respond to people properly Everdeen if you have a contrary opinion

sad for u to rate bb z10 over the HTC ONE clearly shows that your 10years plus experience in IT/Telecoms industry is a total waste shocked

no offence sir wink just saying sad
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BizBloke(m): 9:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
ibietela2:

Nice answer... You dey mind some fo.ols.
lool.
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by Tinyemeka(m): 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
pafo: This apps argument for androids is getting really annoying. I used a galaxy s2 and my phone was as good as useless buying 260mb for 1k, till I switched to bold 5 and now I get free series download, supercool qwerty keys, fast internet speed all unlimited for just 1500k monthly. What more could I wish for? Badass Apps my foot, BB saves u cash.

Ignorance is bliss. Enjoy yourself bro.

2 Likes

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by Sike(m): 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
Tecno T3; My Next Smartphone Phone. Watchout!! cheesy
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by kayceeukah007(m): 10:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
So some pple actually knw dat etisalat offers unlimited brwsing and download on bb bis.....y now suffer urself buyin an andriod and keep lukin for cheats and tweaks up and down wen it will just cost 1,500 to hv fun....some pple na wa o

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by smartg(m): 10:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
Lagusta:

abeg lets face facts....

The only thing a BB can do is just PINGING!!! And that has been taken over by whatsapp...

A droid can play HD games, serve as a wireless hotspot, superfast downloads, over 600,000 free apps....

I know some BB fans will say bold5,6 and curve7 can also serve as a wireless hotspot, but i heard you need credit to do that, apart from the BIS subscription, but with a droid, its FREEEEEEEE!!!!!

Why buy a 100K Z10 when you can buy an infinix or tecno for 12-15K, with better value for money!!!
big point with ''100 likes''

2 Likes

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by techsuplex: 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
ITbomb:
For some people that jump from 3310 to BB, their first experience of a real phone is BB and as such they don't know that all they are seeing for the first time was already enjoyed by many years back.
Eg.
Many talk about email, push emails was already on symbian before 2008.
Opening many apps and switching between. Since 2009 , symbian has been running multi-tasking.
The good thing about BB is that it opened some people's eyes to smart fone but the smartest one always stepped up their game to Android. The Ultimate OS
symbian didn't have push. it polled emails (the phone checks the mail server for new messages at intervals, with BlackBerry's push email, the server "pushes" the email to the phone. That's why if you turn off your BlackBerry and you have 10 emails while it's off, you will see them the moment it comes back on. Symbian didn't do that)
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by TheGeneral1(m): 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
Lagusta:

abeg lets face facts....

The only thing a BB can do is just PINGING!!! And that has been taken over by whatsapp...

A droid can play HD games, serve as a wireless hotspot, superfast downloads, over 600,000 free apps....

I know some BB fans will say bold5,6 and curve7 can also serve as a wireless hotspot, but i heard you need credit to do that, apart from the BIS subscription, but with a droid, its FREEEEEEEE!!!!!

Why buy a 100K Z10 when you can buy an infinix or tecno for 12-15K, with better value for money!!!

pls explain urself oo! hw can u use hotspot without paying?
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BashToks: 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
BizBloke: Yes, even the Android phone is free.

BUHAHAHAHA!! Osho free ppl!

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by EmmyDe25(m): 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
hustla:

realized i wasted ma time.with rim too ooo!
3gig on mtn and 1gig on Airtel shld b enuf fo u now
Pls how do i subscribe for MTN 3gig? Bin looking for ways to, but all to no avail.
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by asids55: 11:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
BashToks:

Lolz. Abeg guy hook me up with sites/forums where I can get dese bad ass HD games. Am itching for them.

torrent sites and download them..fenopy.eu
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by BashToks: 11:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
techsuplex:

As seen from the pictures below, BlackBerry 10 as a platform can play android apps through an emulator just the same android plays its apps. It won't play ALL the apps (e.g apps that are built with the android NDK exclusively) but it definitely does play android apps. In fact a good number of apps on BlackBerry Workd are android apps.

What's better, is you can port android apps your self and side load them on your phone (You can see instagram and flipboard running in one of the pictures and those aren't on BlackBerry World yet) THere's a tutorial on how to do that here:
http://www.techsuplex.com/2013/04/02/tip-how-to-install-android-apps-on-your-blackberry-z10-and-playbook/

Coming from someone that uses all the platforms side by side daily, one platform, would never be better than the other, WHy? because everyone's needs are different.

just thought to chip that in, for more techy, gadgety stuff, feel free to visit the blog www.techsuplex.com

cheers.

Well, I'll be damned :/
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by asids55: 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
techsuplex:

As seen from the pictures below, BlackBerry 10 as a platform can play android apps through an emulator just the same android plays its apps. It won't play ALL the apps (e.g apps that are built with the android NDK exclusively) but it definitely does play android apps. In fact a good number of apps on BlackBerry Workd are android apps.

What's better, is you can port android apps your self and side load them on your phone (You can see instagram and flipboard running in one of the pictures and those aren't on BlackBerry World yet) THere's a tutorial on how to do that here:
http://www.techsuplex.com/2013/04/02/tip-how-to-install-android-apps-on-your-blackberry-z10-and-playbook/

Coming from someone that uses all the platforms side by side daily, one platform, would never be better than the other, WHy? because everyone's needs are different.

just thought to chip that in, for more techy, gadgety stuff, feel free to visit the blog www.techsuplex.com

cheers.

how many times you commot your battery

1 Like

Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by EmmyDe25(m): 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
hustla:

subscribe fo mtn bis,1month..change ur apn to blackberry.net and browse die!
The 3G isnt showing again after using d blackberry APN. Nd i have subscribed. Pls how do i get myself out of ds mess?
Re: What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not by asids55: 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
cupid4ig: so once u connect ur android hotspot it will start working even if u dont have mb or credit in the phone. U are so stupid that ur hate for blackberry is really making u look silly. Techno guru

bolo...who looks silly after all..learn to read before you comment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sowore: Elon Musk Smokes Weed On Live Show. (PHOTOS) / 5 Android Phones With 21MP Shooter For Camera Freaks This December / Great App For Watching Live Matches (android)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.