Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,985 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

When Your Child Isn't As Intelligent As You - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Child Isn't As Intelligent As You (12914 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Isn't This Strange? / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Child Isn't As Intelligent As You by esther267: 1:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
I can share your frustration but can testify from my experience that some children are "late starters"

Lower end of the class does not define a child
Re: When Your Child Isn't As Intelligent As You by IncomeTutor: 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
If your child is not as intelligent as you
are, ask the mother to tell you the truth.
Or conduct a DNA test. LOL

1 Like

Re: When Your Child Isn't As Intelligent As You by BestmanNnamdi(m): 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
Flytefalls: What would you do? We humans often love to brag about our accomplishments, but what happens when your biggest and proudest achievement(s) doesn't fair so well compared to his/her peers? Is it so bad?

I was reading the following article about one woman's experience and someone commented "The world will always need check-out assistants" angry grin. Share your thoughts smiley

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/apr/22/why-isnt-my-child-clever-as-me

too long, abeg summarize it!
Re: When Your Child Isn't As Intelligent As You by toygod2: 8:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
need to read dis sumtimes lata
Re: When Your Child Isn't As Intelligent As You by MMotimo: 11:23pm On Apr 24, 2013
My "problem" is way easier. The kids have a higher IQ than mine cool Thank God
Re: When Your Child Isn't As Intelligent As You by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 25, 2013
my father baptised my behind daily until i learned maths by force. I feel for the parent in this case, her daughter seems to be really dull academically and i hope i dont have a child like that because i know quite well that i am not very patient with kids who take too long to grasp what i consider a simple concept.

1 Like

Re: When Your Child Isn't As Intelligent As You by armyofone(m): 4:43am On Apr 25, 2013
so what are you going to do if in such situation, beat the child? you know beating is against the law here so what will you do?

davidylan: my father baptised my behind daily until i learned maths by force. I feel for the parent in this case, her daughter seems to be really dull academically and i hope i dont have a child like that because i know quite well that i am not very patient with kids who take too long to grasp what i consider a simple concept.

My dad was the same phew!! I don't have patient too. I hope to have real good money to send mine to private schools (especially catholic schools grin, have extra tutors at my home while we the parents play our part.

1 Like

Re: When Your Child Isn't As Intelligent As You by Nobody: 5:16am On Apr 25, 2013
armyofone: so what are you going to do if in such situation, beat the child? you know beating is against the law here so what will you do?

My dad was the same phew!! I don't have patient too. I hope to have real good money to send mine to private schools (especially catholic schools grin, have extra tutors at my home while we the parents play our part.

it isnt against the law... only abuse is.
Re: When Your Child Isn't As Intelligent As You by cogniskillslec: 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
Cognitive Skills Training is a technique that would solve any child's learning disabilities.My name is Anayo Ezennia,am a certified Cognitive skills trainer.www.cogniskillslec.com. info@cogniskillslec.com. 08038586878.

Cognitive skills are the underlying tools that enable us to successfully think, prioritize, plan, understand, visualize, remember, create useful associations and solve problems. These skills include: attention, working memory, processing speed, visual processing, logic and reasoning, auditory processing, long-term memory and comprehension skills. Each of these skills plays a specific and necessary role, and must work in concert before an individual can learn effectively. Weak skills result in a diminished capacity to learn and perform. Cognitive skills are vital not only for learning but also for various tasks or jobs that require different levels of mental abilities. Consequently, if these cognitive skills are developed and strengthened, more effective work is done. For over 40 years, science has continued to confirm that cognitive skills can be developed and strengthened.

Our programs are based on scientific learning and reading principles that have been researched and developed in the United States of America and South Africa by a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, to quickly and significantly build those underlying mental skills which are responsible for effective learning.

This is a totally new concept and the first of its kind in Nigeria, though widely used in United States and Europe.

www.cogniskillslec.com. info@cogniskillslec.com.08038586878.
Re: When Your Child Isn't As Intelligent As You by mendelsmattress: 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2017
Bethelmendels Int'l Limited is Nigeria's number one importer & distributor of Kids Educational/Playground toys ranging from slides, swings, kids playground fence and lots more. All available at affordable Prices, Simply Call/Whatsapp 07085518795, 08033264815., Office Address: 27, Atinuke Olabanji Street, Off Obafemi Awolowo Way, By Balogun Bus/Stop, Ikeja-Lagos. You can also visit www.bethelmendelsartificialgrass.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Building Wealth Together As A Couple - Surehome Marriage Seminar / Extramarital Affairs Gone Wrong! A Comrade Has Fallen! / Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.