Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway (8661 Views)

Ambode Orders The Repair Of Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Mile 2-lagos Badagry Expressway Closed For Reconstruction / Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2013
berem: shut up abeg! I live in that axis and i can say there is tremendous improvement on that road. From Maza Maza/First gate to Abule Ado is swampy which makes the sand filling taking much of the time. I went to festac town on Saturday via Agboju and i was happy to see the marvellous job CCECC is doing. For now, i think it's the Chinese construction company handling the project. Julius Berger i don't know what happened to them.

Sickcere 9gerian,you know nothing about that road so don't you dare argue about what you don't know.
Oga shut-up ya mouth. I stay around dis area,so i tke dis road evryday. If it was JB handling dis road by now,they wld have gone far. I guess d Govt cant pay them,so dey opt for CCECC. Since ur d spokes man for CCECC, tell them they are too slow. No man power,let them employ more hands.

2 Likes

Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by omonla5: 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
pheesayor:

FERMA already tod they've awarded contracts for those portions you mentioned, sincere9gerian simply shot himself in the by trying to condemn Fashola

I can testify to the above statement, some portion of th. Road after Agbara are undergoing repair (patching) both sides of the road.
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by osesi(m): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
CCECC is handling the job very poorly and rather doing things unprofessionally. When JB handled the road construction between orile and mile 2, we had alternative ( very motorable) routes created for road users, the main road was also in top shape. Even if rain fell on these alternative routes, JB would make effort to smoothen them for motorists.
All of a sudden JB goes out of the scene and CCECC which we had thought would only handle the light rail construction starts digging everywhere with little or no directional signs,no alternative roots and to rub it on our face, an entirely messed up main rod. I mean guys lets be truthful, these guys (chinkos) seem bereft of ideas

1 Like

Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Goddex: 2:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
berem: shut up abeg! I live in that axis and i can say there is tremendous improvement on that road. From Maza Maza/First gate to Abule Ado is swampy which makes the sand filling taking much of the time. I went to festac town on Saturday via Agboju and i was happy to see the marvellous job CCECC is doing. For now, i think it's the Chinese construction company handling the project. Julius Berger i don't know what happened to them.

Sickcere 9gerian,you know nothing about that road so don't you dare argue about what you don't know.

You are a big disgrace to womanhood if you can come on a public forum to lie wickedly without shame. My observation

1) Julius Berger handled that road and were doing a very good job but because of high level corruption in Alausa , the road was taken away from them and given to Chineese that they could do business and collect their kickbacks.

2) I'm trying hard to refrain from raining curses at a nairalander who sometime early last year or so posted pictures of Orile - Mile 2 and called it Lagos - Badagry expressway. I was tricked by that post to offer to take my aunty to Badagry with the anxiety in my mind that I was going to be cruising on a 10 lane expressway only to face hell immediately after mile 2 flyover down till Badagry.

3) Lies lies lies and more lies plus loads of propaganda are what we get from our politicians. Why didn't Lagos state government finish this road before awarding contract for the so-called Lagos - Ikorodu 6 lanes expressway? And somebody take note, by the time they finish sharing that Ikorodu 30 billion naira, they will also abandone it.

4) The completed part of Orile - Mile 2 is just about 3% of the entire road. For Godsake, Fashola has done only 3% of road but has spent millions sponsoring media propaganda about that same road. To show the dubiousness and fraud that characterise Lagos state government the giant toll points were the first to be completed. Infact, between Orile and FESTAC gate, they have mounted three giant toll points. That road is a federal road but because of greed for toll fees, they rushed to take it over and now they can't complete it. Somebody even hinted that Fashola is making plans to start tolling the completed Orile - Mile 2 part. Is that not wickedness?

4 Likes

Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by debosky(m): 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2013
anonimi:

Given that you say in your signature that YOU INVENTED grammar I guess it is pointless expecting you to get more education in an area where you obviously need to do so.

Yawn - anything else?

Get back to me when you can tell me the cost differential between road construction in 1983 and 2013. Anything else is simply ignorant noise making.

It's like someone saying my dad earned 2,000 per month in 1983 and was able to build a house based on that salary, therefore because I earn 20,000 per month in 2013 I should be able to build 10 houses from my own income. Dim-witted analysis at best.

Ignorant, illogical and too damn stubborn to realise his error.

2 Likes

Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by endi4real: 3:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
Who is this "BEREM"? You claim to reside within the area yet you doggedly claim that the portion of the road from tradefair to volks isn't that bad!!!...... Hmm.... You are either physically blind or just plain silly....Unbelievable!!
For your information I am writing this from volks bustop.

2 Likes

Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by eggheaders(m): 3:39pm On Apr 24, 2013
again the lies of the insecure9jerian has been blown open.I used that route of late and I must commend the lasg on this project.I know after they conquer that swamp difficulties ino agboju axis. the road will continue at a speedy rate.
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Goddex: 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2013
eggheaders: again the lies of the insecure9jerian has been blown open.I used that route of late and I must commend the lasg on this project.I know after they conquer that swamp difficulties ino agboju axis. the road will continue at a speedy rate.

You are the one lying.
If they are serious why don't they commence construction at different points at the same time? For a road that started about four years ago with so much hype and propaganda, they have only done Orile - Mile 2. Fashola is more interested to commence tolling. He has completed just about 3% of the road but has already mounted 3 giant toll buiildings already. Infact, the toll buildings were the first to be built. Shame on all those crooks in Alausa!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by omonla5: 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
Goddex:

You are the one lying.
If they are serious why don't they commence construction at different points at the same time? For a road that started abou four years or so ago with so much hype and propaganda, they have only done Orile - Mile 2. Fashola is more interested to commence tolling. He has completed just about 3% of the road and has mounted 3 giant toll buiildings already. Infact, the toll buildings were the first to be built. Shame on all those crooks in Alausa!!!!

I commend you for your observation on the road but let me correct some of things on that road.
To start with in road construction a long stretch that is more than 20km are always awarded in batches, in engineering its called LOT. The entire road was divided into 3 lots or so. Lot 1 is from Iganmu to 1st gate which is almost completed Lot 2 is from 1st game to Okokomaiko which was just awarded recently while lot 3 is from Okoko to Badagry. So they can't award the whole contract at a go but by bits so that it can be accommodated in the Budget.

On the toll gate issue, truth is the road will be tolled but there's just one tolling point along the 1st Lot which is located at coker bustop the other places that you think are meant for toll gates are actually train stations. And you will find it at orile bustop, ALABA bustop and mile2 bustops.

The contract for that road was awarded to Julius Berger while the rail track was sublet by Julius Berger to CCECC but I dont know what happen along the line that make JB give the entire project to CCECC but my understanding is that JB opt out because of the misunderstanding on who will foot the bill between the FG and LASG and if you look at the fact that the LASG is still depending on the FG refund some money to it on some road. Its a complicated issue.

1 Like

Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Afam4evaIsASlut: 5:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
2013 and Nigerians are still complaining about deplorable roads.....

Na wa o!
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by ekoilee: 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2013
omo-nla:

The contract for that road was awarded to Julius Berger while the rail track was sublet by Julius Berger to CCECC but I dont know what happen along the line that make JB give the entire project to CCECC but my understanding is that JB opt out because of the misunderstanding on who will foot the bill between the FG and LASG and if you look at the fact that the LASG is still depending on the FG refund some money to it on some road. Its a complicated issue.

The project is 100% a state project with zero federal invilvement or colaboration. What the state asked the federal government for was the N51 billion refund they own the state for fixing federal roads and this has nothing to do with this project.

No collaboration with FG on Lagos-Badagry Expressway, says works commissioner

Lagos State government has said there is no collaboration between it and the Federal Government on the ongoing reconstruction and expansion of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway.

http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/homes-a-property/49687-no-collaboration-with-fg-on-lagos-badagry-expressway-says-works-commissioner-
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by taharqa: 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
ba7man: I know you're a PDP advocate but i like your neutral stand on this topic. Your post?? 100% correct.
Hmm? 'PDP Advocate' ke? Bros, I support GEJ STRONGLY cos I bliv in him... I dont hv any time for any Political Party, esp d Big ones; they are ALL d same. I hv NEVER supportd d PDP whether here on NL or any where for that mata; same goes for any oda party

1 Like

Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by OmoTier1(m): 7:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
taharqa: Hmm? 'PDP Advocate' ke? Bros, I support GEJ STRONGLY cos I bliv in him... I dont hv any time for any Political Party, esp d Big ones; they are ALL d same. I hv NEVER supportd d PDP whether here on NL or any where for that mata; same goes for any oda party
Nemesis is already catching up with this one... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by pheesayor(m): 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
omo-nla:

I commend you for your observation on the road but let me correct some of things on that road.
To start with in road construction a long stretch that is more than 20km are always awarded in batches, in engineering its called LOT. The entire road was divided into 3 lots or so. Lot 1 is from Iganmu to 1st gate which is almost completed Lot 2 is from 1st game to Okokomaiko which was just awarded recently while lot 3 is from Okoko to Badagry. So they can't award the whole contract at a go but by bits so that it can be accommodated in the Budget.

On the toll gate issue, truth is the road will be tolled but there's just one tolling point along the 1st Lot which is located at coker bustop the other places that you think are meant for toll gates are actually train stations. And you will find it at orile bustop, ALABA bustop and mile2 bustops.

God bless you
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by hardknockbroda(m): 9:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
The duration of this project is 5 years,Construction started in 2010 and this is 2013 i dnt see what is "Unending" about this project.
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by ekoilee: 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
hardknockbroda: The duration of this project is 5 years,Construction started in 2010 and this is 2013 i dnt see what is "Unending" about this project.

You are obviously taking the OP and his foolishness seriously.... I won't if I were you..
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by ewet: 7:21am On Apr 25, 2013
[quote author=anonimi][/quote]
Juxtapose wht the states and LGs are earning with tht of the FG.Wht has the FG bin able to do with all the monies thy hav bin earning.The project delivery ratio is so appalling and w get far less value for money on every project thy say thy have done.
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Chiomakrystal: 7:51am On Apr 25, 2013
Well. ¶ guess people who live there are in a better position to comment on these. ¶ live in agbara ɑ̤̥̈̊Ω̴̩̩d̶̲̥̅̊ ¶ go to work everyday on the islands. ¶ leave home as early as 5am to work, ɑ̤̥̈̊Ω̴̩̩d̶̲̥̅̊ ¶ get to work past 9, that is if the traffic is friendly. ¶ leave island as early as 4pm, ɑ̤̥̈̊Ω̴̩̩d̶̲̥̅̊ ¶ get to agbara 9pm that is if also the traffic is friendly. Sometimes ¶ get home past 11 or 12. ɑ̤̥̈̊Ω̴̩̩d̶̲̥̅̊ for those saying agboju is good or better, the roads are still the same. The only sight we Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡  everyday is demolition ɑ̤̥̈̊Ω̴̩̩d̶̲̥̅̊ nothing else. Vanguard carried the news perfectly. From tradefair to barracks that's is less than 5mins, takes one 3 - 4hours now. Woe betide Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ if Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ are driving your personal car.

1 Like

Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by kutchs: 8:04am On Apr 25, 2013
ewet:
Juxtapose wht the states and LGs are earning with tht of the FG.Wht has the FG bin able to do with all the monies thy hav bin earning.The project delivery ratio is so appalling and w get far less value for money on every project thy say thy have done.
In the same vein, juxtapose the size of Lagos state and the size of the country as a whole. Juxtapose as well the population of Lagos State with the population of Nigeria. You may as well do that for the level of responsibilty each govt has.
Problem with you guys is that you and ur ACN led govts think you‘re in a competition with the FG and so seize every opportunity to belittle and insult it. That‘s not what governance is about.

1 Like

Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by talktimi(m): 9:04am On Apr 25, 2013
kutchs:
In the same vein, juxtapose the size of Lagos state and the size of the country as a whole. Juxtapose as well the population of Lagos State with the population of Nigeria. You may as well do that for the level of responsibilty each govt has.
Problem with you guys is that you and ur ACN led govts think you‘re in a competition with the FG and so seize every opportunity to belittle and insult it. That‘s not what governance is about.
Have you forgotten Lagos is bigger than Nigeria ?
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by ewet: 9:14am On Apr 25, 2013
Of course thy are in competition and govt is all about delivery.If you are doin somethng good blow your trumpet and if you are doin badly the people must let you knw.
I am not holding fort for any1 but the ACN states based on performance are doin beta thn the PDP states.Look at the revenues accrueing to the states and tht of the FG and compare with the level of work done.
Compare Lagos pre 1999 and lagos of today then spare effort to compare naija within same period based on the FG's deliverables,at the fed level there is no visible transformation.In actual fact the states are the ones we can visibly see while the FG remains rather lucid in their deliverables.
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by ewet: 9:18am On Apr 25, 2013
kutchs:
Of course thy are in competition and govt is all about delivery.If you are doin somethng good blow your trumpet and if you are doin badly the people must let you knw.
I am not holding fort for any1 but the ACN states based on performance are doin beta thn the PDP states.Look at the revenues accrueing to the states and tht of the FG and compare with the level of work done.
Compare Lagos pre 1999 and lagos of today then spare effort to compare naija within same period based on the FG's deliverables,at the fed level there is no visible transformation.In actual fact the states are the ones we can visibly see while the FG remains rather lucid in their deliverables.
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 25, 2013
Goddex:

You are the one lying.
If they are serious why don't they commence construction at different points at the same time? For a road that started about four years ago with so much hype and propaganda, they have only done Orile - Mile 2. Fashola is more interested to commence tolling. He has completed just about 3% of the road but has already mounted 3 giant toll buiildings already. Infact, the toll buildings were the first to be built. Shame on all those crooks in Alausa!!!!

Guy, you're very out of your depths aint ya.

Do you think resources are unlimited, so much that they can undertake as much projects at once as they like? SMH for Nairaland children.
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Goddex: 3:02pm On May 01, 2013
django1:

Guy, you're very out of your depths aint ya.

Do you think resources are unlimited, so much that they can undertake as much projects at once as they like? SMH for Nairaland children.

Are you kidding? So it is now you realise that resources are limited? When you haters come on nairaland to abuse FG about how it is failing to give Nigerians Super expressways in all the federal roads even when you know the budget for fed ministry of works is a paltry 120 billion naira (less than $1 billion) and that resources are scarce.

Hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deceitful criminal party led by your master Tinubu, one of two biggest criminals in Nigerian history. Keep exposing yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 01, 2013
Goddex:

Are you kidding? So it is now you realise that resources are limited? When you haters come on nairaland to abuse FG about how it is failing to give Nigerians Super expressways in all the federal roads even when you know the budget for fed ministry of works is a paltry 120 billion naira (less than $1 billion) and that resources are scarce.

Hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deceitful criminal party led by your master Tinubu, one of two biggest criminals in Nigerian history. Keep exposing yourself.

Idiaat!! Show me one post I've ever made about FG not doing something!

You lot just group ppl 2geda as you like, MUMU!
Re: Unending Reconstruction, Unending Agony On Lagos-Badagry Expressway by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 01, 2013
Jah Man:

Self control may also be attained by yielding to Christ and not by age and maturity alone.

While youre chastising her dont forget that on at least one occasion it is recorded that even Jesus Christ lost his temper and resorted to displaying his anger with physical action.

Also, Jesus was known to abhor hypocrites......

Im just saying.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rauf Aregbesola Condemns Child Marriage / Meet Prince Deji Adeyanju, The Incoming PDP Deputy Publicity Secretary / Abia Gets New Commissioner Of Police To Replace Anthony Ogbizi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.