Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Tribalism Is Killing Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism Is Killing Nigeria (729 Views)

Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating / Tribalism Is Taking Over Nairaland ! ! ! ! / So-called Tribalism Is A BIG LIE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribalism Is Killing Nigeria by hairyman(m): 11:48pm On Apr 23, 2013
Why is tribalism still a major problem in this nation inspite of all that the harm it has done to Nigeria. Are we so blind that we do not see what it has caused this country. Are we so naïve that we have failed to recognize the bane of our society. As a matter of fact it has brought or will be the singular factor that will bring Nigeria to its knees. The hausa man hates and distrusts everyone else, the igbo and yourbas also go along in this vicious cycle of hatred, distrust and disunity. Why then do we not see? Why have we not changed? NO!!! It cannot be lack of education for I know uneducated men who reason in sublime planes and our supposed educated men perpetrate this with impunity. Is it then our mentality? Could it be that we simply have refused to evolve?
We cry, sceam, lament, under the weight of corruption. Yet we fail to recognize that we fuel it via tribalism. We support our leaders who say to us; the hausa man is grabbing, we must get our share too. We groan in pain as merit is sacriced on the altar of medicrity in the name of federal character. We are governed not by men of integerity but criminals forced upon us by the 'zoning clause' but whom we support because he is our tribesman. Recently a prominent northerner asked for amnesty for boko haram, a terror group!. Oh what a nation!! Where are we going? I ask us the 'commoners' for the elite know where they are headed; domination of all facets of our Nation (supported by you who is brainwashed with 'it is our turn'). So tell me what destination you have in mind; can you even think of a destination bedeviled as you are by poverty, joblessness and hardship.
We had a war and it did great damage. But we are doing even greater damage today. I implore you to sit down and reason. I beg you to look and see. We are going nowhere and it is not inertia, it is us that keep us back.
Be apprised.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is Killing Nigeria by confusion247(m): 12:00am On Apr 24, 2013
What you see as tribalism is not tribalism rather it is the simple truth about our structure. It is evidence to prove that we are not one and can never be. Majority of us knew this truth but we keep on deceiving ourselves. Nigeria will never know peace nor progress until the structural problem imposed on us is addressed. Have you ever heard One USA, One south Africa, One Ghana, One Germany? Nigeria is the only country on earth that goes with that name "ONE NIGERIA". That alone is a prove that we are living in delusion. We are not one and we can never be.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Obi Escapes Death / US Places $23m Reward For Boko Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others / Fire Razes 150 Shops At Trinity Spare Parts Market In Olodi Apapa Area Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.