Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? (9359 Views)

Poll: Must or should a man kneel to propose?

The man MUST kneel.: 7% (8 votes)
The man SHOULD kneel.: 19% (21 votes)
It is not important at all.: 73% (79 votes)
This poll has ended

Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / Ladies, Can You Go On Your Knees Before Your Man To Apologise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by Joey82(m): 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2008
My close pal took his fiancee out last weekend and proposed to her if she could marry him.
But the girl refused citing disrespect, that my guy is supposed to go down on his knees to propose.

I want to ask you guys whether it is compulsory that a guy must get down on his knees before proposing.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by chinda3: 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2008
the girl never ready,e be like say she no know say husband scarce, atleast d guy presented himself life,no be say he propose for fone or sms,make him leave d girl o jare ,u go see say na d babe go buy ring come propose to am on bended knees in return cool cool
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2008
Tell the girl to throw away all her cinderalla, snow white and rapunzel fairy tales and start reading some mature novels. It will help her get out of that over exagerrated prince charming character.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by gentledove(f): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2008
My guy never knelt down. he said it lying down on the bed beside me. its not compulsory that men should get on their knees. cool cool
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by HRhotness(f): 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2008
Its not compulsory
thats why its a huge gesture when guys actually do.
Also it largely depends on the staging of the proposal. if he's all for a public proposal and showing off, fine.
I personally would prefere something more intimate.

the chic needs a reality check, especially when dealing with Nigerian men who don't even propose, they kind of tell u or just take it for granted.
she should needs to come back from la-la land.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 11, 2008
They don't have to, it's just romantic
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by Seun(m): 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2008
Why must he kneel? Does the lady think she's doing him a favor by marrying him?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by SamMilla1(m): 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2008
Hmm, Something is happenning here.Kneel down, compulsory, thats all i see here, Well it depends on the individuals involved, Personaly i can even lie on my stomach if i believe that the lady deserves it.
But if i doubt her love for me, I could even propose after our wedding[size=5pt].(dont mind me)[/size]
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2008
Seun:

The idea of kneeling to propose is insultive. Does the lady think she's doing him a favor by marrying him?
Did they force the man to kneel? It's just a gesture, if the man wants to do it let him, if he doesn't then he doesn't have to, or do we women hold guns to their heads and chant 'KNEEL DOWN'  lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by HRhotness(f): 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2008
Seun:

The idea of kneeling to propose is insultive. Does the lady think she's doing him a favor by marrying him?

na wa o, u dey vex sha

actually that was d idea,
the phrase from historical time is "to request her hand in marriage"
ofcourse nigerian mentality is to sell their daughters like meat  sad

now-a-days its nothing more than a gesture of appreciation
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by TheSly: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2008
---------->Topic

Nope!! not necessary. . .
I am too conceited for that!. . . cool
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by chinda3: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2008
ofcourse nigerianmentality is to sell their daughters like meat
sad

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by Seun(m): 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2008
The girl in the first post actually insisted on it:
But the girl refused citing disrespect, that my guy is supposed to go down on his knees to propose.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by HRhotness(f): 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2008
@ Seun

thats why i said she needs to get back from La-La land!
she's clearly been mislead or just bonkers
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by somze(f): 3:44pm On Apr 11, 2008
Not unless the girl's dad is Bill Gates.

For me just her signature to the dot on the Prenupt would do, then we buy your ring together.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 11, 2008
somze:

For me just her signature to the dot on the Prenupt would do, then we buy your ring together.
roflmao! cheesy

Plus we wouldn't want you men to injure your iddy biddy knees! grin
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by kateflow(f): 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2008
she for wait may the guy go stand for ontop bridge proposed
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by SamMilla1(m): 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2008
somze:

even if the dad is Bill gates, and the girl is sharon stone, no way, not on my knees, i will casually ask her "hey do you think we can stay together"
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 11, 2008
Even if her father was Bill Gates, sey who die?

If I feel like it (though I seriously doubt that I'm that romantic), I will. But if I don't get on my knees and she insists, I'll leave her with the ring and ask her to pick it up when she feels like it, then give me a call.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2008
mactao:

Even if her father was Bill Gates, sey who die?

If I feel like it (though I seriously doubt that I'm that romantic), I will. But if I don't get on my knees and she insists, I'll leave her with the ring and ask her to pick it up when she feels like it, then give me a call.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by 4Play(m): 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2008
I'm sure OJ Simpson knelt down to propose to his wife before bumping her off.Most women love empty gestures!
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by kateflow(f): 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2008
hey do you think we can stay together"

hmmmmmmmm shocked
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by somze(f): 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2008
If her dad is Bill Gates, I'll throw the damn prenupt away and kneel my ass down . . . would probably do it in public too.

Pride is nothing . . . money is everything wink

Two years after the divorce . . . I'd buy my own Island wink
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by HRhotness(f): 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2008
4 Play:

I'm sure OJ Simpson knelt down to propose to his wife before bumping her off.Most women love empty gestures!

Chivalry is dead,,, need i say more?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by TheSly: 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2008
ABi. . . even is she's the Clinton's daughter
i don't know what girls are thinking nowadays! sad

What a suprise lipsrsealed runs away
Be surprised. . . . .it means nothing to me! cool

Even if i proposed via text message/Sms, to me its still the same thing cool

Why must he kneel? Does the lady think she's doing him a favor by marrying him?
Help me ask 'em i beg!
Besides. . . .there are many fishes in the ocean! cool
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2008
Hehehe, i agree that kneeling down is not neccessary at all, but mind you, majority of society today beleive that is what should happen and maybe she was influenced, her head is too soft, it should be hard like mine grin
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by SamMilla1(m): 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2008
ibkaye:

majority of society today beleive that is what should happen and maybe she was influenced, her head is too soft, it should be hard like mine grin

RUBBISH
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by streak(m): 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2008
wait wait wait, wetin dey worry all these gals abi women self angry angry angry
this is becoming too much,, ahh! if them no take time we guys go talk say we no marry again,
have they forgotten that the ratio of men to women is 30:70 cool cool
in this time and generation,its even the women that goes down on their kneels and propose to us grin grin
guys wetin una feel?? wink
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by ty4real(m): 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2008
ibkaye:

Hehehe, i agree that kneeling down is not neccessary at all, but mind you, majority of society today beleive that is what should happen and maybe she was influenced, her head is too soft, it should be hard like mine grin

Kneel Ko Dobale ni! angry angry
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by SamMilla1(m): 4:04pm On Apr 11, 2008
where is AJ, she will conclude this topic when she arrives , the iron lady,
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by uspry1(f): 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2008
What if your man has knee medical condition not allowing to get down on his knee giving you marriage proposal? Are you still disrespect him?

What if your man has cast on both knee assigned to his wheelchair not able to get down on his knee, will you still disrespect him?

What if your man is elderly with fragile bone not able to get down on his knee, will you still disrespect him?

Think about it!

@TOPIC
Not necessary! Video or Phone or SMS or Email marriage proposal all not required to kneel down!
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by SamMilla1(m): 4:10pm On Apr 11, 2008
uspry1:

What if your man is elderly with fragile bone not able to get down on his knee, will you still disrespect

grin grin grin shocked shocked embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Finally rattlesnake Pix...am I Howt!!!! / How Many Boyfriends/girlfriends Do You Have Presently? / What Will Be Ur Reaction.? If You're On Bed & Ur Lover Says This? [SEE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.