Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman (26800 Views)

Did Gwyneth Paltrow Pull A Lady Gaga And Forget To Put On Pants? / Btw,oluchi Orlandi,gwyneth Paltrow And Rihanna,who Rock It Best? / Rita Dominic And Gwyneth Paltrow, Who Wore It Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
She is really beautiful.....

Watched her on BBC series, ' who do you think u are'... and saw real beauty....
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by micki83(m): 4:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
Rossikk:

You're just as bad as them. Naming all these foreign, strange names and feeling good with yourself. Mshewwww.
B4 u dive into a tirade of "let's appreciate our black,proud,african beauties over white ladies"(cos I sense that's where u're heading to),u shuld understand that wen magazines name most beautiful or sexiest woman in d "world",they actually mean most beautiful "celebrity" in "hollywood".modella only gave d examples she gave becos if she had to nominate another lady to take d people magazine's accolade,she has to mention names that people magazine actually "knows"
I know u're lookin at it from d angle of: "even paulina for my street fine pass those hollywood starlets"(and maybe she truly is),but u can't expect people magazine to start naming individuals who aren't widely famous all around d world.

3 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by fissy33ng(m): 4:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
abeg wetin nna take dey rate woman wey fine my mama fine pass am
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by bolant2002(m): 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
What makes her the world most beautiful lady?To me,she looks like a painting.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Roliks09: 5:02pm On Apr 30, 2013
bolant2002: What makes her the world most beautiful lady?To me,she looks like a painting.
painting ko, collage ni.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by InvertedHammer: 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
1000 finest women...Gwyneth name no suppose dey am.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
Seun: Hmm, Beyoncé is not all that either. It seems they have low standards.
Exactly. If Beyonce can win it, Gwyneth can.

2 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by cikadile: 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2013
gbaky_floor: I beg your pardon but is Mr. Seun Osewa gay?

Cos it is mostly gay men that find women with Paltrow body attractive.

You just insulted millions, no billions of ladies the world over with that comment.....remember for every voluptuous babe, there is a willowy one......and we are allwomen, period.

1 Like

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Yanenwen(f): 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I don't think People magazine voted based on overall beauty, and even if they did, I'd still rate Beyoncé over Gwyneth. Gwyneth Paltrow is so self-righteous and quite annoying with her preaching.

If na me, I'd give the award to Shakira for 10 years straight lol. She's the definition of beauty and brains.[/size]
thumbs up
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 30, 2013
Ok
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by butterflyy(f): 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, she is beautiful. Well they av not seen me
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Orikinla(m): 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2013
django1:

Hahahaha...you're wicked soul!! Lol

Those people think hollywood equals to the whole world! Dem dey smoke bomb!

I am finer than her.
With her flabby buttocks. grin
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Orikinla(m): 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2013
I am going over there to confront them now.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by kolamilan(m): 7:09pm On Apr 30, 2013
what's there criteria in choosing this award
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by kolamilan(m): 7:11pm On Apr 30, 2013
butterflyy: Yeah, she is beautiful. Well they av not seen me
no go disgrace your self oo
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by ophilly: 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
@ CAMEROONPRIDE: Rihanna ke!.....doesn't even make my top 10 list
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Beync(f): 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2013
Ok, let's just give it to her since it's just for one year.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by cap28: 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2013
Ejiné: I really wonder what upright human being would willingly consult a magazine to tell him what a beautiful woman is, or what type of woman he should consider "beautiful".

I truly wonder what reality People Magazine foolishly dwells in where it feels it can tell us who "the most beautiful woman in the world" is, or who "the sexiest man alive" is.

You'd have to thank the European propaganda and its skewed definition of "beauty" where it feels a heavily-freckled, bone-faced, flat-assed stick figure is what the world should slurp up as a "damsel".

No thanks. But such crap is not my cup of tea.

so true - this was echoed in this article by an african american bloke:

[b]Are white women beautiful or is it society that makes them seem so?
Tue 19 Oct 2010 by abagond

Sophen Loren
White women seem more beautiful than they are. Even though beauty is in the eye of the beholder, many things point to a shift among beholders worldwide towards an idea of female beauty that is light-skinned, thin and more European looking.

That shift goes hand-in-hand with Westernization. East Asia and Black America are good examples:

East Asia: Double eyelid surgery has spread hand-in-hand with Westernization. So has a Eurasian idea of beauty. But not women lightening their skin: that goes back to the old days when only the well-to-do did not have to work in the fields.

Black America:

Hair: Black women had little desire to straighten their hair till they came to America – it certainly was not common in the West Africa that most of them came from. Instead it came from copying blacks in the 1800s who were better off. These better-off blacks had generally straighter hair for the same reason that they were better off: they had white blood relations.
Body shape: Black women who go to white universities favour a thinner sort of beauty than those who go to black universities.
Skin colour: Light-skinned women are generally considered to be better looking. The same is true in the cities of West Africa, yet far from the cities where people are less Westernized, skin colour seems to matter much less.
These changes make white women seem better looking than they would otherwise be.

Some of the beauty of white women is natural but some of it comes from looking at them through the white lens of Westernization.

People of colour apply that white lens to themselves too: it is what makes some think their their hair is not pretty, their nose is too wide, their skin too dark, their lips too big, their eyes all wrong or whatever it is that sets them apart from white people.

The power of white people to shape the world’s ideas of female beauty is clearly shown in the death of the hourglass figure.

In the 1960s Playboy models and Hollywood beauties had hourglass figures. Think of Raquel Welch, Brigitte Bardot or Sophia Loren. Then in 1967 came Twiggy. Back then even white people thought she was too thin and dangerously underfed. But fashion designers loved her: it was so much easier to design great-looking clothes for her kind of body. So the fashion industry shifted towards rail-thin models.

By the late 1970s anorexia appeared among White American girls. By 1979 Hollywood could call Bo Derek a “10″ despite her lack of what used to be called a full figure. In America even Playboy rarely shows women with an hourglass figure anymore.

So now thin is considered beautiful among whites generally in both Europe and North America. It is spreading to East Asia and seems to be spreading to Black America too. Anorexia has reached even Nigeria. All this has taken place within living memory.

[/b]

http://abagond./2010/10/19/are-white-women-beautiful-or-is-it-society-that-makes-them-seem-so/
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by CooldudeY2J: 9:30pm On Apr 30, 2013
Mtcheeew...... make dem dey decieve their selve if dem see my mama dem go shout Jesus is Lord.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by HezronLorraine(m): 9:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
I read the full story days ago.the editor admitted to making typographical errors on the magazine.the original heading read most beautiful woman in hollywood not the world.well,the new heading sold more cause the mag got worldwide popular.even in the middle east,dy said ladies debated dm in the uae.most beautiful my foot.gwyneth has flawless natural beauty but not like some women in the world.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Rossikk(m): 10:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
Nuzo':
Miss Paltrow as the world most "beautiful" woman is setting a dangerous trend among our already gullible and self hating female teenagers.

Cases of anexoria will be on the rise from now.

You forgot bleaching too. Isn't that what happens when thoughtless drones imbibe racist propaganda garbage from People magazine?

3 Likes

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2013
" in the world" dont think so undecided
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
neena adjei: " in the world" dont think so undecided
Seconded!
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Mikel276: 12:18am On May 01, 2013
You can say that again

CFCfan: I disagree. Tonto Dikeh/Halle Berry are more beautiful.
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Mikel276: 12:21am On May 01, 2013
Lolz,wetin person no go see for nairaland,tonto dike and halle berry in dsame sentence

Mikel276: You can say that again

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 12:22am On May 01, 2013
[size=13pt]^^ You dey quote yourself. Hope fever no dey do you lol.[/size]
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Nobody: 12:29am On May 01, 2013
How can this woman be the most beautiful out of all people undecided shame
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Mikel276: 12:30am On May 01, 2013
Na one yeye magazine editor sit down come carry title give madam paltrow,she no ugly o,but she no even come near that title,where dem kim,julia,omotola,angelina,aiswrahya,genevive,meagan,halle ,where are they,come and defend yourselfs o
Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by isalegan2: 12:32am On May 01, 2013
Seun: Actors have much brighter minds than musicians because they have to read, understand, & judge dozens to hundreds of scripts (which are modern works of literature, really) over the course of their careers. They also have to understand, memorise and convincingly perform thousands of lines of dialog over and over again. All that exposure to the intelligence of a wide variety of writers makes actors have brighter minds.

Utter utter dross. tongue I am really surprised at you. Actors have to line lines; musicians have to learn lines. Big whoop. The best vocalists and the best singer-songwriters are infinitely more talented and more artistic than the most celebrated actors. Always will be that way.

1 Like

Re: Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most-Beautiful Woman by Solozzo(m): 3:15am On May 01, 2013
Seun: Actors have much brighter minds than musicians because they have to read, understand, & judge dozens to hundreds of scripts (which are modern works of literature, really) over the course of their careers. They also have to understand, memorise and convincingly perform thousands of lines of dialog over and over again. All that exposure to the intelligence of a wide variety of writers makes actors have brighter minds.

Musicians, on the other hand, don't have to read anything to be successful. Fantasia Barrino won American idol as an illiterate. Performing musicians spend most of the time practising dance moves, and performing the same handful of meaningless songs over and over and over again while inappropriately dressed. Singer-songwriters are a wee bit smarter, but even they don't have to read much; songs don't have to make sense anymore as long as they sound nice and come with sufficiently gratifying videos.

As a result, the mind of even a great musician is darker and dustier than the mind of an average actor or actress. That is why I can confidently assert that Beyonce's mind is darker and dustier than Gwyneth Palthrow's mind. Gwyneth Paltrow has to read and understand and help to dramatise great or above average scripts covering a wide variety of issues regularly. Beyonce does not. That is all.

It takes a huge intelligence to be a great musician. Your mind, ears, hands and feet need to be well coordinated. You need to judge the mood of a song to get your voice along the rythym. But your mind's dustiness is affected more by your personality, life experiences an moral integrity than your profession.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biodun Okeowo To Build Water Source, Feed People In Late Mum’s Honour (video) / Kemi Olunloyo Apologizes To Iyabo Ojo For Putting Her Through Hell / Moyo Lawal And Her 'Halloween Eyebrow' Put On Blast [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.