Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola (10851 Views)

PHOTOS: Embattled Bukola Saraki dances his sorrows away in Ilorin / Desmond Elliot, Others To Probe Fashola’s 2015 Budget / Ambode Must Probe Fashola Now – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by kutchs: 8:46am On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe:

Making everything an ACN V PDP thing is rather tedious. A report is saying an opposition Governor has paid off of a key anti-corruption agency of Government to harass another Politician and we are supposed to be taking that tale seriously?

So FG-controlled EFCC is now available to all politicians, for a fee, to be used to settle scores?
Listen I dont care about Ikuforiji, Tinubu, the Okeke guy and even EFCC. My concern is the hypocrisy strewn all over ur (plural) comments and posts in the PDP/ACN debate. Surely you would‘nt have described the report as such if it was about the PDP now would you?

3 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by ASL33: 8:55am On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe: Garbage reportage. So much functional illiteracy on Nairaland. No wonder Nigeria is not developing. So Fashola can buy the FG-controlled EFCC? Comical
Would you call this post garbage if it was against PDP? Just be honest.

This is a case of ACN against ACN and you call it garbage, what would you have called it if its PDP accusing ACN gov of corrupt practise.

2 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by ASL33: 8:58am On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe:

Mumu of the highest order. Do you now see how toxic partisanship and myopic hatred has clouded your reasoning to the extent you sound like a drunken fool? So you are now admitting to the world that Nigeria's premier anti-corruption agency, under GEJ, is available to be bought and compromised by any politician seeking to settle a score? Next minute you will be on other threads foaming at the mouth and defending GEJ when the USA states that corruption is monumental under his leadership. Emotional dumb azzes like you will always trip on their own shoelaces.
And you take the accusation from USA millions of mile away and call the accusation of an insider garbage. Progressive must have another meaning. The earlier you guys realise that no politician in Nigeria is there for the masses the better for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by ASL33: 9:00am On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe:

M0r0n. What is common with OBJ, Yar Adua and GEJ?
Corruption and its common to all Nigerian POLITICIANS bar none.

4 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by ASL33: 9:03am On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe:

I thought you said you would ignore me henceforth? You cannot even keep to a pledge you made publicly a few minutes ago to your co-traveller in hate. What does this expose about you if not that you lack principles and conviction? Dude, get lost and keep to the pledge you made here and elsewhere. Remember you are the one going around quoting what I write not the other way round.
Have you forgotten that Buhari made such pledge sometimes ago that he will not contest again. In Nigeria nobody keeps to pledge even you.

5 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by showgolee(m): 9:04am On Apr 25, 2013
fingers crossed, lets wait n c wat it al tends to be.
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Gbawe: 9:20am On Apr 25, 2013
kutchs:
Listen I dont care about Ikuforiji, Tinubu, the Okeke guy and even EFCC. My concern is the hypocrisy strewn all over ur (plural) comments and posts in the PDP/ACN debate. Surely you would‘nt have described the report as such if it was about the PDP now would you?

I would not have commented unless it was the Presidency because I am not even sure a PDP governor can compromise the EFCC that easily let alone an opposition governor. The problem is that Nigerian politicians, every time their own action gets them in trouble, know how to wind up Nigerians with talks that gets everyone fighting each other. Ikuforiji should tell us exactly who Fashola paid in the EFCC.

Another angle is that the press, worldwide, can be irresponsible. Even in so-called developed nations, the Press make things up all the time. It is down to the reader to inspect reportage for sense.
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by talktimi(m): 9:22am On Apr 25, 2013
Which one be i-report again ? Why not vanguard or even pm news lasun ? Na wa o
Besides we've always heard that the PDP is behind the speaker's travails so as to nail Fashola
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by talktimi(m): 9:23am On Apr 25, 2013
Which one be i-report again ? Why not vanguard or even pm news lasun ? Na wa o
Besides we've always heard that the PDP is behind the speaker's travails so as to nail Fashola
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Gbawe: 9:28am On Apr 25, 2013
ASL33: And you take the accusation from USA millions of mile away and call the accusation of an insider garbage. Progressive must have another meaning. The earlier you guys realise that no politician in Nigeria is there for the masses the better for you guys.

Not true. Personally, I have never argued any politician is corruption-free because that is not something that can be accommodated in Nigerian politics currently. If you say all politicians are somewhat self-serving then I agree but many, in all political Parties, still have the passion to improve the lot of Nigerians. We have to accept where we are with an eye on where we need to go.

You cannot get a 'clean' politician in Nigeria today. Impossible. Yet you can get leaders who are still delivering. That is the best we can get for now given the reality of Nigerian politics today.

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by yuzedo: 9:35am On Apr 25, 2013
LOL! I knew this b.itch-arzz nigga Ikuforiji was gonna break! Snitch-arzz nigga! Fashola can't orchestrate his downfall without clearance from their mutual godfather, The Great Jagaban, so this story isn't complete.

Has Mr. Speaker outlived his usefulness to The BAT? I doubt it. At least, he has lots of secrets he must maintain for his boss....

2 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by kennytidistar(m): 9:36am On Apr 25, 2013
eko ilee: This crap is not only comical, it's internet pollution.

No time for gossip tabloids today... moving on.

breeze e avs blow fowl yarnsh e avs open, let the drama continues.
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by romanlaw(m): 9:45am On Apr 25, 2013
lol!! it is a well established fact that the difference between PDP and ACN is that PDP is in FG power, otherwise no diff. all are corrupt. BUT those waiting for the movie to continue, so sorry, you guys will be disappointed. TIFNUBU will obviously wade in and sweep it under the carpet.

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by anonimi: 10:14am On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe:

M0r0n. What is common with OBJ, Yar Adua and GEJ?

They are the ONLY presidents since our return to democracy in 1999.
As such they are ULTIMATELY responsible for the actions of EFCC and other federal government EXECUTIVE arm agencies.

Correct

BTW, what is it with ACN supporters resorting to insults and name calling when confronted with FACTS that do not align with the stories they are selling

3 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by goldolu: 10:25am On Apr 25, 2013
free2ryhme: we are waiting to see how dis ends
you mean begin!
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by kutchs: 10:44am On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe:

I would not have commented unless it was the Presidency because I am not even sure a PDP governor can compromise the EFCC that easily let alone an opposition governor. The problem is that Nigerian politicians, every time their own action gets them in trouble, know how to wind up Nigerians with talks that gets everyone fighting each other. Ikuforiji should tell us exactly who Fashola paid in the EFCC.

Another angle is that the press, worldwide, can be irresponsible. Even in so-called developed nations, the Press make things up all the time. It is down to the reader to inspect reportage for sense.

Fair enough but I will hold you to this when the time (as am sure it will) comes.

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 25, 2013
This report which I would not be quick to dismiss out of hand, certainly raises interesting questions...

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by talktimi(m): 10:53am On Apr 25, 2013
But to be honest sha, if this i-report people had done this same story only involving a PDP politician, make we no lie, ACN supporters for don finish the guy here grin
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by ayodot(m): 10:59am On Apr 25, 2013
I don't understand how people think at times.
someone said the governor is behind is travail because he didn't pay is legal fee, then some dunce concluded, that truely the governor must be using EFCC against him. I don't even know the adjective to describe the brains behind such tot.

Isn't it obvious he trying to blackmail the governor for assistance. PROBABLY, to us the state resources to frustrate is conviction in trials. what as the governor got to do with the state assembly's fund.

I'm not saying Fashola is a saint, but a one eye man is a king to the blind

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by antiembezzle: 11:05am On Apr 25, 2013
Gbawe:

Mumu of the highest order. Do you now see how toxic partisanship and myopic hatred has clouded your reasoning to the extent you sound like a drunken fool? So you are now admitting to the world that Nigeria's premier anti-corruption agency, under GEJ, is available to be bought and compromised by any politician seeking to settle a score? Next minute you will be on other threads foaming at the mouth and defending GEJ when the USA states that corruption is monumental under his leadership. Emotional dumb azzes like you will always trip on their own shoelaces.
Gbawe you are too old to sell your consience so cheap, are you saying fashola, tinubu and acn are not corrupt or you mean we don't have the right to hear about their wicked and corrupt activities in their various states,or that people are only right when they debase GEJ and PDP but praise acn? You better take your red eyes elsewhere you old shameless hypocrite. What we need is better leadership not minding whose ox is being gored and with this way you guys carry out your hypocrisy, buhari cried yesterday, tinubu cries today, fashola to cry tomorrow. Who the hell are you silly uncircumcised islamists trying to fool? Poor liars...

5 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by sunnyolads1(m): 11:06am On Apr 25, 2013
I think we should be patient and watch as the events unfold between Fashola and Ikuforiji.I know that Fashola system of government makes it clear that he will definitely have skeleton in his cupboard.But no one can say anything now..Let's wait and see, no matter how long darkness may be light will definitely expose it.Ikuforiji,Fashola and Tinubu ride on- people are watching!

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by funnyx(m): 11:18am On Apr 25, 2013
antiembezzle: Gbawe you are too old to sell your consience so cheap, are you saying fashola, tinubu and acn are not corrupt or you mean we don't have the right to hear about their wicked and corrupt activities in their various states,or that people are only right when they debase GEJ and PDP but praise acn? You better take your red eyes elsewhere you old shameless hypocrite. What we need is better leadership not minding whose ox is being gored and with this way you guys carry out your hypocrisy, buhari cried yesterday, tinubu cries today, fashola to cry tomorrow. Who the hell are you silly uncircumcised islamists trying to fool? Poor liars...

You have bigotory written all over your with the bolded nauseating comment of yours.
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by eniaponle6363: 11:23am On Apr 25, 2013
if the news was true.then we should commend the governor and efcc for there stand.at its been like this before, that the corrupted politicial were not capeted, the country would have witness a rapid change.so let the rest have the habit of cover not corrution.
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by 4words: 11:33am On Apr 25, 2013
Am I not getting something here? Because this ranting by some nlders that the corrupt speaker is from ACN there for ACN is also corrupt amazes me. For christ sake, you don't expect all members of a political party to be as white as snow, please remove the mentality that there is a party without sin just that one is of lesser sin.

Let's assume truly, that the speaker is being witch hunted by fashola isn't that a good thing, to me this is exactly what jonathan ought to be doing not shelving the sword just because the criminals are from his party or his friends and sponsors.

Lastly, if the speaker has anything on fashola let him speak if not he should shot tha f up and face his trial. Can you imagine the audacity telling his co-legislator to start investigating fashola just because he has been caught stealing, saying he has only stolen #300m, can imagine #300m is nolonger money to some thieves

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by talktimi(m): 11:37am On Apr 25, 2013
funnyx:

You have bigotory written all over your with the bolded nauseating comment of yours.
oga are you trying to imply that its only Gbawe who has the right to insult people on this forum ? I don't see you castigating him for insulting others who hold opposing views except you're a "bigot" yourself undecided

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by funnyx(m): 11:50am On Apr 25, 2013
talktimi: oga are you trying to imply that its only Gbawe who has the right to insult people on this forum ? I don't see you castigating him for insulting others who hold opposing views except you're a "bigot" yourself undecided

I'm not a bigot and will never be one, Gbawe is very passionate about what he believes in but I've not seen him making any tribalist or sectarian post. If you think I'm wrong pls show me any of his posts that proves he's a bigot and I'll not hesitate to confemn him.
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Kairoseki77: 11:53am On Apr 25, 2013
This man has worked with Fashola for years, worked with multiple people in his administration for years, yet he STILL HAS NOTHING ON FASHOLA!

This man had to call for an investigation with help from his friends.

That means one of two things:

1. Fashola isn't corrupt.
2. Fashola is great at hiding his corruption, even from the people he works with.

PS - Why would Fashola pay his legal fees? Only a corrupt Governor would pay the legal fees for a man on trial for stealing public money.

2 Likes

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by talktimi(m): 11:58am On Apr 25, 2013
funnyx:

I'm not a bigot and will never be one, Gbawe is very passionate about what he believes in but I've not seen him making any tribalist or sectarian post. If you think I'm wrong pls show me any of his posts that proves he's a bigot and I'll not hesitate to confemn him.
Ok, since you're obviously new to this forum, I will give you the benefit of the doubt (except you're like some nairalanders who have multiple accounts) I advice you to go through Gbawe's posts both on this thread and others, his tribalism and bigotry is legendary on nairaland and I make bold to say it. cool
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
talktimi: Ok, since you're obviously new to this forum, I will give you the benefit of the doubt (except you're like some nairalanders who have multiple accounts) I advice you to go through Gbawe's posts both on this thread and others, his tribalism and bigotry is legendary on nairaland and I make bold to say it. cool

You can accuse @Gbawe of many things, but bigotry is not one of them.

1 Like

Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2013
kutchs:
dnt mind him.
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by talktimi(m): 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
eGuerrilla:

You can accuse @Gbawe of many things, but bigotry is not one of them.
Ok
Re: Embattled Lagos Speaker To Probe Fashola by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 25, 2013
I laugh o.Acn/apc vs acn,ok am watching..,when pple like tifnibu of acn join hand wit "destroyer" buhari saying dey want to fight corruption,i wonda wat corruption dey wan 2 fight,corruption fighting corruption...,its clear their so called apc is a childsplay.....,buhari(destroyer) +tifnubu(corruption)=calamity...Am watching but I laugh....Abeg i cant wait 4 season 2

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airport Security Operatives Not Instructed To Arrest Maina / Crisis Rocks Jigawa APC Reps Primaries (Photos) / Imo: Akaraka Commends Myke Ikoku Over Defection Of PDP Members To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.