Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,888 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? (2771 Views)

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? / Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ihedinobi has taugt you how to live in denial abi?

[size=20pt]STRAWMAN!!![/size]
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Lilimax(f): 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

Sorry man but suicide bombing is not part of what I see as bringing a child up.
Really get your facts right shocked shocked
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

You call comments you cannot subject to the scientific process logic?

#I laugh in tongues!

A logical argument is scientific.

Guess you didnt know that. Dunce
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 25, 2013
Lilimax:
Really get your facts right shocked shocked

Guy, must I accept your way of bringing up a child?
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

A logical argument is scientific.

Guess you didnt know that. Dunce

Professor, where is the logical argument?
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Areaboy2(m): 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
Yooguyz:
logicboy03 where did you get your "9 out of 10 times" statistics from?

huh . i go slap u oh angry

striktlymi:

Is there anything wrong with that quote?

see you jumping the gun and getting conclusions before even reading properly what I wrote. In what way did I ever say something is wrong with the quote??

Did you even read the fcking topic? undecided
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

Professor, where is the logical argument?

Even ihedinobi is not this blind and in denial!

Yahweh, this will be my only prayerto you: bring back anony, your children are messingup with debates against atheists
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
Area_boy:

see you jumping the gun and getting conclusions before even reading properly what I wrote. In what way did I ever say something is wrong with the quote??

I wonder who is not reading here...do you know the difference between asking question and drawing a conclusion?

Oya my country people, make una helep me check whether na conclusion be dis one:

striktlymi:

Is there anything wrong with that quote?

#I don't know what you are thinking about man but that is definitely a question.
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Even ihedinobi is not this blind and in denial!

Yahweh, this will be my only prayerto you: bring back anony, your children are messingup with debates against atheists

[size=20pt]STRAWMAN!!![/size]
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by mazaje(m): 12:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
What is striktlymi on about?. . grin
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
mazaje: What is striktlymi on about?. . grin

That question is what we should be asking you man...I met you guys here and I am not the one making long speaches grin
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by mazaje(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

That question is what we should be asking you man...I met you guys here and I am not the one making long speaches grin

But you are the one screaming strawman, no? grin
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2013
mazaje:

But you are the one screaming strawman, no? grin

Those are the words of your boss man...he taught me grin:

Logicboy03:

[size=15pt]Strawman[/size]. Lies. Fail.

If my son asks me to explain how i know that yahweh is mythical, i would give him two solid reasons

1) he has self refuting qualities such as omnipotence and omniscience which are illogical and contrafictory like a 7foot midget

2) there exists the same evidence for yahweh as the tooth fairy- none. Thousands of years and the only shred of evidence for them is from unreliable strorybooks
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Areaboy2(m): 2:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

I wonder who is not reading here...do you know the difference between asking question and drawing a conclusion?

Oya my country people, make una helep me check whether na conclusion be dis one:

#I don't know what you are thinking about man but that is definitely a question.

its one of two things..

1) you have made your conclusions that i'm slagging off the quote
or
2) its just a pointless, stup1d question given the context

So you're telling me it's the latter? fair enuff. either way, doesnt end well for u undecided
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
Area_boy:

its one of two things..

1) you have made your conclusions that i'm slagging off the quote
or
2) its just a pointless, stup1d question given the context

So you're telling me it's the latter? fair enuff. either way, doesnt end well for u undecided

My bad, didn't know differentiating between a conclusion and a question is a challenge for you. I'll do well to type the word QUESTION boldly so that you would be able to tell the difference next time.
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Yooguyz: 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2013
Area_boy:

why does it anger you each type i refer to your real id?
Are you trying to hard something?
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Areaboy2(m): 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2013
Yooguyz:

Mate.. I'm not logicboy. Get ur head out of your fanny

Why not do some research first before U chat sh1t?
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
Yooguyz:

Area_boy:

Mate.. I'm not logicboy. Get ur head out of your fanny

Why not do some research first before U chat sh1t?

Yes ooo......just like Muskeeto was accused of being striklymi.....you are now logicboy.....

You are not a complete nairaland atheist if you havent been falsely accused of being someone else (due to the paranoia of religious peeps)
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Lilimax(f): 4:51pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

The ones that carry out suicide bombing are always brainwashed when they are much younger.
I even learn't that they will not allow them to come out and mingle throughout the period. No formal education for them except arabic school. How about that ??
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
Lilimax:
The ones that carry out suicide bombing are always brainwashed when they are much younger.
I even learn't that they will not allow them to come out and mingle throughout the period. No formal education for them except arabic school. How about that ??

Not true!

Mutalab and a host of others were educated.
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by alfaman2: 5:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

May be I am very slow in the head

Exactly.
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Areaboy2(m): 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yes ooo......just like Muskeeto was accused of being striklymi.....you are now logicboy.....

You are not a complete nairaland atheist if you havent been falsely accused of being someone else (due to the paranoia of religious peeps)

men.... I taya oh.. If he bothered to do some research, it'll dispel any confusion he's having. But as usual, research is a taboo for them..... I'm not surprised undecided
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Yooguyz: 6:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

I was not the first person to say it manmustwacc called you (area_boy) logic boy03. And do you know the irony of it all? He is an ATHIEST so you see i won! Do you want me to show you the proof?
I feel it's boiling inside. Go and cry!
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

Logicboy and all the atheists here, wanna ask you guys... What religion were u born into? Why did u change? When did u change? What have u gained from changing? why don't you just give ur life to Christ and make Heaven at the end! May God help ya'll.
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
bbpreye.:

Logicboy and all the atheists here, wanna ask you guys... What religion were u born into? Why did u change? When did u change? What have u gained from changing? why don't you just give ur life to Christ and make Heaven at the end! May God help ya'll.

so your being your brother's keeper is based on solely the reward of heaven?
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

so your being your brother's keeper is based on solely the reward of heaven?

Not just that. But I don't see any reason why someone would choose not to believe in the God that created him.. You have soooooooooooo many reasons to believe that there's God yet u turn a blind eye. It just doesn't make sense.
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by wiegraf: 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2013
striktlymi:

Is there something wrong in training a child?

Depends on what you're training.

If you're training them to become communists that should distrust capitalists at all times (often without even showing them what capitalism is about sef), I'd say there's something wrong. If you were training them to become ManU(re) fans who should loathe man city fans till death, I'd say the same. Or better yet, training them to become NAZIs. See?

The parent's prerogative, but my opinion is they would be wrong.
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by Rossikk(m): 9:51pm On Apr 25, 2013
Not just your family, but the COUNTRY you were born in influences your religious leaning.

If you'd been born and raised in China, and a christian walked up to you and tried to convert you away from Buddhism to christianity, it would seem every bit as strange, pointless, and comical as a Shintoist or Taoist walking into your presence right now and trying to do the same.

This is what makes it so ridiculous - this idea that only if you follow a certain religion, will you attain ''salvation''. Why would any goat, much more an Intelligent Creator, make salvation dependent on a person's nationality? Anyone who believes that needs a serious re-think.
Re: Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? by mazaje(m): 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
Rossikk: Not just your family, but the COUNTRY you were born in influences your religious leaning.

If you'd been born and raised in China, and a christian walked up to you and tried to convert you, it would seem every bit as strange and unworkable as the idea of a Shintoist or Buddhist walking into your presence right now and trying to do the same.

This is what makes it so ridiculous - this idea that only if you follow a certain religion, will you attain ''salvation''. Why would any goat, much more an Intelligent Creator, make salvation dependent on a person's nationality? Anyone who believes that needs a serious re-think.

Word!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sierra Leone Pastors That Will Go To Hell / 'I Died And Saw....' : Avoide It!!! / Eyes Have Not Seen And Ears Have Not Heard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.