Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,575 members, 7,840,372 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG (6611 Views)

Fayose To FG: Tell Nigerians Owners Of REMITA / Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. / Al-mustapha And Press Freedom. AIT ,Dokpesi Sacked 2 Senior Editorial Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by misreal(m): 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
Billyonaire: If USA is now a Supervisory Country, then they need to lead by Example.
* Let USA drop all charges against Wikileaks.
* Let USA drop all charges against Julius Assange
* Let USA drop all charges against Paul Browning and release him from custody
* Let USA government ensure freedom of Press and publish information on Occupy Street and the 99% protest.

OR

Let USA respect the sovereignty of other nations, in as much as press freedom is a requirement from a democracy, Freedom is not Liberty. When journalists go as far as forging a memo against the government, then the handshake is beyond the elbow and ought to be stopped for National Security reasons. This is one warning too many from a pot, to a kettle.
i love u
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Gbenge77(m): 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2013
solomon111: And if GEJ should win the next election,i expect you to do the honourable thing.
MAKE SURE YOU HANG YOURSELF.
Goodluck to you if you think THE creek crook will take Nigeria to the Eldorado.I reckon you are a part of the vicious,criminal and depraved PDP GANG?
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by misreal(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2013
gboss4sure: USA again. Let them stop poking their nose into our affairs. Abi the formal sharing formula with them no dey work again?
yes oh..am really suspectin dat gej don dey chop 80% of de looting money while obama de chop 20%.na it mke u.s don de unusually interested in anytin wen de go on 4 we naija........bt what i knw is dat whenever a country is attracting such attention.....dey r moving frm potential to a kinetic stage nd de u.s understands did dats why dey r looking for ways to put us down.....i love nigeria
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by misreal(m): 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ama28: Nigeria has never been just this bad. How can any country grow without freedom of Press? Media is the only way a government can be democratic!

For a country that fights corruption, this aadministration enacts repressive law and use intimidation and censorship to make sure the citizens are not informed and journalism is a joke!

My happiness is that Nigerians are using new media to break these barriers. Mr Jonathan can only try, but Nigerians are awake!
shatap nd go nd get pregnant
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by sweetgala(m): 9:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
They do respect press freedom if not why has GEJ errand dogs Abati and Okupe been chatting pants, treating Nigerians as thou we are a bunch of babies to be spoon fed lies..
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by nep2ra(m): 9:55am On Apr 26, 2013
solomon111: And if GEJ should win the next election,i expect you to do the honourable thing.
MAKE SURE YOU HANG YOURSELF.

But GEJ won't win the election. What will you do? Hang yourself I suppose?
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Niftyrules(m): 11:59am On Apr 26, 2013
like the USA said the press should be given the free access to play their role in as much as the carried news is right and having nothing to fake.
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2013
The government shouldn't just go about arresting journalists though. It can only take them to court if they are found wanting with the information they published.

I think we still have a long way to go when it comes to press freedom. I know we will get there one day!
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by asala1: 4:30pm On Apr 26, 2013
all4naija: The government shouldn't just go about arresting journalists though. It can only take them to court if they are found wanting with the information they published.

I think we still have a long way to go when it comes to press freedom. I know we will get there one day!
Do remember the story of Judith Miller who worked for Newyork Times? She was arrested, held in prision for some years by the US government before jailing her for refusing to name her source.
Re: Respect Press Freedom: U.S. To FG by okwele1(f): 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
gboss4sure:

Na the thing na. Hunger don dey catch em again.

I agree with u, if usa support u e get wetin dem dey collect from u & if no support from dem agian e mean say dem wan cause wahala to put their own person for d seat there to favour dem

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did Biafrans Bury Ojukwu With Nigerian Flag / Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn / NSA, Col. Dasuki Visits Damaturu, Potiskum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.