Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Lets Build This House. - Properties (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lets Build This House. (38692 Views)

Checkout This House In Benin With It's Hilarious Gate (photo) / BE WARNED ; This House Is For Everybody, Not For Anybody. Picture. / Buy this House..You will love it. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 10:28am On Jun 17, 2013
'because I am the one who revealed his discipline'

.....abeg I mean to I AM NOT the one who revealed his discipline
Re: Lets Build This House. by Jamesqu(m): 10:51am On Jun 17, 2013
segcy.moor:
'because I am the one who revealed his discipline'

.....abeg I mean to I AM NOT the one who revealed his discipline

..... grin grin grin grin ....I rope all of you together fa!
Re: Lets Build This House. by gtrust: 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
diordaves:

Its nice to see progress at last with this project. Time is a direct correlation to inflation: The more time you waste; the more inflation will eat into your project and wipe-out any efficiency savings. Well done to Client and contractor.

Spyder880 if we adopt your strategy of if not present on site nothing will be done; you will only buttress the fact(?) or belief that the diaspora cannot build at home and also not trusting but must be present to supervise things just like you. And again you will never grow as a business beyond the one man do all; no holiday; no break kind of business. If you will never leave a supervisor in any of your site; it means you are currently struggling to engage capable hands and it is only a matter of time before you will fall victim of the "Brabus" syndrome. How? Because the more jobs you get; the more the pressure will be on you to delegate responsibilities. You must find creative ways to engage capable hands; trust them and mentor them in the safe and confident disposition to execute project even when you are holidaying in North Pole.

Brabus did nothing wrong in leaving Lagos to PH. We all need to move away from being local champions and expand our businesses beyond our comfort zone. Brabus did nothing wrong going into the building trade IF he is a Computer Graduate. I also build and sell for third parties; self and family and run a company into building but a logistics expert not a Structural Engineer. Dangote is into haulage business but not a Mechanic. Such people are called Resource Managers. And this is where Brabus is deficient big time. Resource Management which includes human resource.

All previously known problems Brabus has encountered on NL has a lot to do with the delegation of responsibilities to less capable hands and not until one can overcome the challenge of personnel recruitment and engagement and the smart collaboration with third party contractors; one's business will continue to struggle.

Jaydacorsair going forward I can only add that in any project that's done phase by phase like contruction; its always a sound advice to strongly hesitate to dole out a sizable sum upfront. I can infer you may also be a fellow diaspora and you've violated the first law of building from diaspora: Pay AS YOU GO. The hiccups you experienced its because your project was awash with funds from the word go! Problem will always expand to the degree of funds allocated. If you hadn't allocated such wholesome amount in the first instance; Brabus wouldn't have had the economic power to delegate unwisely. Think about it. Once again well done.

How can you say Brabus did nothing wrong
How can you equate Dangote to Brabus

Dangote: check all his departments and see the caliber of qualified staff in ALL departments.
The man does NOT gamble with HIS OWN money!
He even increased the yardstick by looking for graduates to drive trucks and promises atlot of incentives, right

Brabus left Lagos to PH and he is gambling with somebody's hard-earned money and wasting his time.
Did he inform the owner that he will be subcontracting
Did he hire a qualified contractor
Was the job executed according to AGREED CONTRACT

My biggest interest will be to see what sort of financial compensation Brabus is offering the owner.

In a civilised society Brabus and supporters will be begging and NOT bragging and 'rebranding'
This is fraud, right
Re: Lets Build This House. by gtrust: 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2012

Aventures: I am sure i am going to be attacked by some people for be blunt whenever i see things not comforming to engineering standard. The builder/engineer in charge of this project is taking a great chance which is absolutely not acceptable this day because of incesant collapse now are partly due to chances some people took years back. Now my observation as an a trained structural engineer on this project is that the engineer/builder/contractor as the case may be is using a wall load bearing method in building a storey building, the implication in this case is the building load is majorly borne by the block wall, meanwhile the blocks we have this days do not pass the strenght test of blocks we can use for such a method. another implication in this case is that the columns are directly protuding into the slab this can result in what we called a punching shear. Though this method is cheaper but to reduce the chances, [b]the builder here should have introduce some beams at some critical point [/b]and also engage well qualified iron bender and fixers cos waht i saw is far from a good job. I am not really out to criticise but please let learnt hw to enlightened our clients, if there budget can build bungalow let them build it and have rst of mind rather than trying to save cost at the expense of structural stability and safety.

I just had to search for this to make sure I was not seeing double.
Is it not the same Brabus who was the contractor
Why does this man continue to make money on background of making people suffer

I stand to be corrected.

Declaration of interest: NONE. I am just a former victim of this sub-contracting in the Nigerian way!
Someone give you a job after the 'sweet presentation' and pay premium, you subcontract to an incapable worker and arm yourself for whatever wahala that will follow.
The cycle continues right
They forget one very important thing: GOD DEY!!!!
Re: Lets Build This House. by Chekitaut: 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
jaydacorsair: @everyone, I thank you all for answering to my call and contributing immensely to this post. May God bless you all and also provide solutions to your problems. I spent close to 3m Naira in this phase alone and I have also gained a lot. I am in Ghana now and I will be back soon to continue with this project. In order to save cost I will have to manage everything my sef. I will hire a supervisor and pay him for every stage the I will also handle the labour and material aspect. Thank you all once again.
Lobatan...
Re: Lets Build This House. by gtrust: 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jamesqu: ^^^^@segcy.moore....unlike most of you I am not a builder, talk less of professional one...please don't misconstrue my statement as "enemy of progress" labeling....while it is obvious to the EVERYONE that Brabus messed up, the approach of seeking his qualification, researching his background as a computer science graduate, looking for precedence to refer to about his "atrocities" in the past could have been better handled as elders and professional people in this field.

Ask yourself this question, "is spyder 880 not aware of these old cases?"....in my own opinion, which is still completely mine, you could have conferred with him offline, like I suspect syder 880 did after the case of stolen phones...that to me would be more helpful to Brabus, to the most important person in this whole issue (jaydacorsair) and to those of us that are onlookers....I wouldn't be able to differentiate a 6" from 9" if you hit me on the head with it....

Like someone wrote, after all said and done, jaydacorsair still didn't fire the guy....despite gbogbo advise he got....why do you think that is?

I sincerely apologize if my comment(s) have made you look like enemy of progress but you could have found a more professional way to be helpful.

@jaydacorsair & spyder880, abeg give us the 411 on all that went down behind the scene, that for me is the koko!

How can you fire a guy who has your 2.1million naira
Job is not done and job done was messed up

I was there before and please tell me how
The man will be there telling you: 'please Oga forgive, it's the work of the devil'! lol

Where's the money

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by Chekitaut: 8:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
gtrust:

How can you fire a guy who has your 2.1million naira
Job is not done and job done was messed up

I was there before and please tell me how
The man will be there telling you: 'please Oga forgive, it's the work of the devil'! lol

Where's the money
Tani ana, tani ara nta? make una see wahala ooooooooooooo
Re: Lets Build This House. by Jamesqu(m): 10:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
@gtrust...I will fire him o....money recovery modalities will be devised later...I can't be throwing good money after bad...someone is building a house that is about to collapse on my head...- wouldn't even give it a thought...hopefully I will recover my money, if not...I'd like to live in the house without daily defect inspections!
Re: Lets Build This House. by sandee575(f): 1:27am On Jun 18, 2013
The Good
Jamesqu
gtrust
jaydacorsair
gabbytabby

The Bad
diordaves
brabus

The Ugly
chekitaut
segcy.moore

2 Likes

Re: Lets Build This House. by Chekitaut: 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
sandee575: The Good
Jamesqu
gtrust
jaydacorsair
gabbytabby

The Bad
diordaves
brabus

The Ugly
chekitaut
segcy.moore
na wa ooooooooo lol
Re: Lets Build This House. by gtrust: 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2013
Chekitaut: Tani ana, tani ara nta? make una see wahala ooooooooooooo

You see your "Tani ana, tani ara nta" below?

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by ahonohai(m): 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2011
THE FACTS

1. The remodelling was expected to have been completed on the 14th of August. Today is the 15th of September.

2. Brabus has been PAID IN FULL in advance. I am not owing him a dime for the work.

3. I am owed a refund of at least =N=132,000.00 being cost of Laminate Floors and Overhead tanks as quoted in the original contract. We resolved to delete them from the work schedule and that I be refunded. This issue has dragged on for too long. Every week it is story after story. Please ask him what he did with the money supposed to be for the laminate floor.

4. I paid a premium for his service. Unfortunately what I got from him is highly unprofessional and his attitude is both rude and confrontational. When quizzed over the quality of the work he goes on the offensive but when I ask for my money he starts to beg and whine like a child.

5. On AT LEAST THREE occassions, I have had to reschedule deliveries due to his failure to complete the work on time. Can you imagine that no work was done from last Saturday till yesterday when he assured me that the work would be finally complete. The house was supposed to have been cleaned by professional cleaners. The sight above is what I saw yesterday. I nearly threw up.

6. There are several items outstanding on the work to be delivered. I will list them below

• Airconditioner for guest room - He has been bringing this everyday for the last three weeks.
• Oscillator for study - Missing in action
• Guest Toilet Doors - To have been completed on Tuesday
• Guest Toilet Partitioning - To have been completed on Tuesday

7. One of the original security doors is missing. He failed to keep it safe and it seems to have been stolen. Every time I ask him for it he whines like a child.

8. The carpet, fridge, furniture and cooker have been on ground for about three weeks but cannot be installed due to his inability to complete the work.

9. For some reason, he decided to paint the kitchen pink. When I challenged him he said he didn't want it too look odd. I reminded him that I gave him a colour scheme. He repainted it then painted the lower portions pink again. I wonder what his fascination with that colour is.

10. Till now not all the lights are working and a number of the switches were installed upside down.

11. He blames Kola the carpenter for his failure to install the cabinets and wardrobes then inexplicably links this to be the cause why the plumber and engineer cannot work.

12. Finally, he is a serial liar. This to me shows a lack of professionalism and is grossly disrespectful.

I will proceed to show more evidence of this

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by Jamesqu(m): 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
I just spent the whole day reading all 53 pages of Brabus vs Ahonohai. It wasn't funny!

Does anyone have the link to the Love-Tosin episodes?
Re: Lets Build This House. by azpekuliar: 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by gtrust: 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
Getting more interesting by the day!
Re: Lets Build This House. by lovetosin: 11:39pm On Jun 22, 2013
I just spent the whole day reading all 53 pages of Brabus vs Ahonohai. It wasn't funny!

you such an idiot spending your whole day looking for threads you wanna constantly DERAIL or ATTACK,while folks are busy buidling their houses.Honestly ....dont you just get tired of it ...OR put something up yourself ,here where folks can benefit from and at least make a difference.

As per my building,i dont know what episodes you talking bout but,i just got tired of the constant bickering on the thread and i didnt post no more,my house is built up except some work i intentional left(tilling,sanitary fixures,lightings) which i am shipping and be on ground PERSONALLY to supervise.Havent had a chance to go to my site cuz of work(man has to pay mortgage too for oyinbo land).I will post all pics whenever i want.

Lastly i know i was the first that first gave him a job on this site but tho we had our little moment and disagreement (am a realist,there are just too many pieces to a house that there wont b a single disareement. he has since finish my job,and thats all that matters to me.
Re: Lets Build This House. by twinskenny(m): 4:56pm On Jun 23, 2013
love-tosin:

you such an idiot spending your whole day looking for threads you wanna constantly DERAIL or ATTACK,while folks are busy buidling their houses.Honestly ....dont you just get tired of it ...OR put something up yourself ,here where folks can benefit from and at least make a difference.

As per my building,i dont know what episodes you talking bout but,i just got tired of the constant bickering on the thread and i didnt post no more,my house is built up except some work i intentional left(tilling,sanitary fixures,lightings) which i am shipping and be on ground PERSONALLY to supervise.Havent had a chance to go to my site cuz of work(man has to pay mortgage too for oyinbo land).I will post all pics whenever i want.

Lastly i know i was the first that first gave him a job on this site but tho we had our little moment and disagreement (am a realist,there are just too many pieces to a house that there wont b a single disareement. he has since finish my job,and thats all that matters to me.

hello Mr Tosin good afternoon, i sent u an email sometimes ago, i dont know if u get my email?

Thank you and God bless
Re: Lets Build This House. by lovetosin: 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2013
hello Mr Tosin good afternoon, i sent u an email sometimes ago, i dont know if u get my email?

Thank you and God bless

Shoot me an email cuz I didn't get d other one.
Thanks .
Re: Lets Build This House. by twinskenny(m): 8:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
love-tosin:

Thank you and God bless

Thanks .
love-tosin:

Thank you and God bless

Thanks .

hello sir,

I just resend the email now. Thank you
Re: Lets Build This House. by Jamesqu(m): 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2013
abeg o, love tosin, I wasn't looking to derail o....just to learn from whatever happened...congratulations on the completion of your house...

1 Like

Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 10:48am On Jun 30, 2013
Hi all, Im back and will resume work this coming week. I will try as much as possible to update this thread. Thanks
Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2013
Welcome!
Re: Lets Build This House. by mufutau55(m): 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
jaydacorsair: Hi all, Im back and will resume work this coming week. I will try as much as possible to update this thread. Thanks

Welcome back. Dont forget to post update pictures.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Lets Build This House. by spyder880(m): 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
jaydacorsair: Hi all, Im back and will resume work this coming week. I will try as much as possible to update this thread. Thanks

Oga welcome o, hope you bought biscuits for the boys? grin
Re: Lets Build This House. by kopell: 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
@jaydacorsair I'm just curious, are you continue with Brabus or you hire another contractor.You doing it your self?
From what you posted, and from what I've being reading. I believe Brabus is going to be in Ondo for the new project he just posted. Welcome back, waiting to see next stage of the project.
Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
spyder880:

Oga welcome o, hope you bought biscuits for the boys? grin

hahhaahha bros Biscuit is not a problem lol hahahahahah...... I wish say i fit buy biscuit for all man for this thread......
Re: Lets Build This House. by jaydacorsair: 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
kopell: @jaydacorsair I'm just curious, are you continue with Brabus or you hire another contractor.You doing it your self?
From what you posted, and from what I've being reading. I believe Brabus is going to be in Ondo for the new project he just posted. Welcome back, waiting to see next stage of the project.

No im not working with Brabus anymore. I will handle the work myself. All I wanna do is to get an engineer pay him for the next stage, buy materials myself from a-z then hire my own laborers and also pay them. Ill be on the site everyday.
Re: Lets Build This House. by spyder880(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2013
jaydacorsair:

No im not working with Brabus anymore. I will handle the work myself. All I wanna do is to get an engineer pay him for the next stage, buy materials myself from a-z then hire my own laborers and also pay them. Ill be on the site everyday.

Inform me before you leave PH, maybe you can buy me and my boys nkwobi and liquor to wash it deep down in PHgrin
Re: Lets Build This House. by ironbender101(m): 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
U dey ph @ spyda?
Re: Lets Build This House. by spyder880(m): 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
ironbender101: U dey ph @ spyda?

Been living in PH since Wednesday, building a duplex for a friend. Its online here also.
Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
...update pls
Re: Lets Build This House. by lerry009ri: 4:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
CAN YOU GIVE THE QUOTATION OF THIS HOUSE.

Re: Lets Build This House. by segcymoor(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
lerry009ri: CAN YOU GIVE THE QUOTATION OF THIS HOUSE.
Pls do send to---mooredesignbuild@gmail.com if you are referring to us. thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Four Confirmed Dead As Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (Photo) / Come Here,let Me Show You "What A Man Can Do,a Woman Can Do Better / Man Electrocuted During Demolition Of Pen Cinema Lagos (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.