Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Which Is God's Chosen Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is God's Chosen Religion? (1530 Views)

SERMON JOTTERS: The Dress For God's Chosen One-nbc / Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) / How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by ALEXIS0240: 2:00am On Apr 26, 2013
Right from the begining of time,so many religions have had one reason or another to go into religious war with another religion in the name of God's choosen religion,what makes you feel all other religions are fake and yours supreme in the eyes of God,should it not be a case of salvation.which ever one you feel will lead you to heaven/paradise you follow?
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by kufre2010: 2:44am On Apr 26, 2013
God has no religion or God only true religion is love, love ur fellow human being as u wil love ur creator. At time when the forces of darkness is too much and they rake too much havoc on humans the creator allways taken up human flesh and become a man to pass through their condition and feel what they feel and at the same time profer a solution to them, teach them the true way of Salvation or how they will overcome that their condition. That was the case of Jesus, Mohammed, Moses, Krishna, Budda etc they were bodies the creator uses at different time to show or teach humans the right way. But after the master have gone a write-up about the life of the master are compiled and then humans out of our greed and selfish interest use this write-ups to form religions. Each master came with a message that wil soft the problem of the people at that time. Today the master is here again his name is Maharajji. For the past thirty three years Maharajji has been proclaiming that he is the saviour humanity were waiting for. All your religious leaders who are away of who Maharajji is are all keeping quite and for the past thirty three years non of them have come out to say Maharajji u are not the one. Think my brothers. Stop becoming religious leaders ATM.
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by ninja4life(m): 6:46am On Apr 26, 2013
kufre2010: God has no religion or God only true religion is love, love ur fellow human being as u wil love ur creator. At time when the forces of darkness is too much and they rake too much havoc on humans the creator allways taken up human flesh and become a man to pass through their condition and feel what they feel and at the same time profer a solution to them, teach them the true way of Salvation or how they will overcome that their condition. That was the case of Jesus, Mohammed, Moses, Krishna, Budda etc they were bodies the creator uses at different time to show or teach humans the right way. But after the master have gone a write-up about the life of the master are compiled and then humans out of our greed and selfish interest use this write-ups to form religions. Each master came with a message that wil soft the problem of the people at that time. Today the master is here again his name is Maharajji. For the past thirty three years Maharajji has been proclaiming that he is the saviour humanity were waiting for. All your religious leaders who are away of who Maharajji is are all keeping quite and for the past thirty three years non of them have come out to say Maharajji u are not the one. Think my brothers. Stop becoming religious leaders ATM.
if LOVE really exist then there would be no problem with religion but nowadays i dont tink love go hand in hand with religion with all dis religious war going about in a country and also within countries.well u forget to add shango,obatala to ur list.

1 Like

Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by ednut1(m): 7:05am On Apr 26, 2013
god has no religion, d most popular religions now are dose of successful nd strong empires, if nigeria was world power nd colonised europe, na juju for mak sense whil xtaainity will be looked down upon

2 Likes

Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by FromGuiriga(m): 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2013
God's chosen religion? Religion is man made out of his own imagination. That's just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
There is no God's favourite religion. The Creative Source thrives on variety as is evidence in the many races and species that have populated this 3rd planet in our solar system that The Source has created.
If God was in support of one religion or the other, He would have parted the skies all this wile and screamed "You blathering buffoons, follow ye this path that I have set" with fire gushing out of his mouth and thunderclaps preceeding the start of His sentences since he is such a loving father who wants us all in heaven and would spare no expense getting us there. And there wont be any doubt as to which path that men should follow and that will put an end to this confusion called religion that have set men on eachother's throats, baying for blood, for centuries.
Instead we hear stories of angels and "old men" (or any other thing the hallucinating mind of a propagandist can think up) appearing to some pastors in some remote villages or bushes in Nigeria and telling them that the trumpet is about to be sound. Or people dying or having visions and going to heaven and hell only to confirm the ethos of their respective churches (if they dont believe in wearing troussers or putting on earings they usually find people who did such, when they were alive, in hell). Or holy books and artifacts of some religion being found in the most unholy of places in the female body. Or the appellation of God appearing on beef. All these only prove the infinity of human stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 26, 2013
Money is God's own religion....ALL RELIGIONS WANT FREEDOM FROM GOVT TAXES AND CONTRIBUTION FROM OTHERS. THEY HAVE ONLY ONE THING MONEY AND THE INFLUENCE/POWER THAT COMES WITH IT.
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by NoProphecy: 10:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
God's chosen religion is the one that your parents had, what is predominant in the area you live, or what you were taught as a child. Remember, God thinks like YOU!
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by ayenny02(m): 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2013
According to Muslim belief:

Decidedly the (only) religion with God is Al-Islam;

And those who have been given the Book differ not except after the knowledge has come to them out of mutual jealousy;And whoever disbelieves in the signs of God,Then surely God is quick to make up (his) account.(Quran 3:19)

Also:

Say thou, “We believe in God, and what has been sent on us, And what was sent on Abraham, And Ishmael, And Isaac, And Jacob, And His children,And what was given to Moses, And Jesus, And the prophets from the Lord.We split not one from the rest – And to Him are we obedient (Muslims).”
(Quran 3:84)

And whoever seeks a faith other than Al-Islam Then never shall it be accepted from him And he shall in the Future be a looser.(Quran 3:85)

Islam is the continuation and perfection of all the previous religions and is the religion with God.

THAT'S THE VERSE FROM QURAN
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by FromGuiriga(m): 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02: According to Muslim belief:

Decidedly the (only) religion with God is Al-Islam;

And those who have been given the Book differ not except after the knowledge has come to them out of mutual jealousy;And whoever disbelieves in the signs of God,Then surely God is quick to make up (his) account.(Quran 3:19)

Also:

Say thou, “We believe in God, and what has been sent on us, And what was sent on Abraham, And Ishmael, And Isaac, And Jacob, And His children,And what was given to Moses, And Jesus, And the prophets from the Lord.We split not one from the rest – And to Him are we obedient (Muslims).”
(Quran 3:84)

And whoever seeks a faith other than Al-Islam Then never shall it be accepted from him And he shall in the Future be a looser.(Quran 3:85)

Islam is the continuation and perfection of all the previous religions and is the religion with God.

THAT'S THE VERSE FROM QURAN

If Islam is the only religion with God, maybe you can shed light why Jesus did not mentioned Islam in the bible?

When you say "continuation" do you mean that it was established at some point then discontinued?
Or
Or a continuation as in the previous religions were false, counterfeit or incorrect, therefore needing correction toward perfection.
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by saintvc(m): 9:41pm On Apr 27, 2013
Catholism
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 27, 2013
saintvc: Catholism

lol.....a religion of pedophiles?
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by ayenny02(m): 10:48am On Apr 28, 2013
From_Guiriga:

If Islam is the only religion with God, maybe you can shed light why Jesus did not mentioned Islam in the bible?

When you say "continuation" do you mean that it was established at some point then discontinued?
Or
Or a continuation as in the previous religions were false, counterfeit or incorrect, therefore needing correction toward perfection.

Infact, I liked ur question and u asked it with open mind.

ISLAM is arabic word which means surrender to d will of God, Those who practice religion of islam are called Muslim. Muslim is an arabic word and which means worshiper of none except Allah alone.

Also Allah is an Arabic word which means God, Supreme Being. In Hebrew language God means ELOHA but jews use plural form ELOHIM. It is not subject to plurality or gender. It is confusing to use the word God as many English-speaking Christian still consider Jesus as God, even the word creator is also confusing, as many christians still maintain that jesus had created the world.

If u can access to Arabic Bible that those christian arabs are using, you will see that God in that bible translate to Allah

Not only the name of Allah is strange, but also the way muslims worship Allah with ablution, bowing, kneeling, prostration and fasting is strange to non-muslim, but not strange to all prophets.

While ablution (washing of face, arms, feet and moistening of d hair) prior to worship is abandoned by modern christian, it is still required by muslim and previous prophets, as seen in the following passages of the Bible: Exodus 40:31-32
31 And Moses and Aaron and his sons washed their hands and their feet thereat:
32 When they went into the tent of the congregation, and when they came near unto the altar, they washed; as the Lord commanded Moses.

John 13:12-15
12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

Although Paul made many changes in jesus teaching, he was still faithful in respect to ablution(purification) as seen in Act 21:26;
26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Muslim Women perform their prayer with their head covered as 1 cor 11:5, 6 and 13;
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

Muslims worship with bowing, kneeling, prostration and without shoes as done by previous Prophet;
Psalm 95:6
6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.

Joshua 5:14
14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?

Nehemiah 8:4-6
4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.

5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the peoplewink and when he opened it, all the people stood up:

6 And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

Matthew 4:10
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

N:B- (AM NOT HERE TO AGAINST OTHER FAITH BUT TO ALL PROVE HIS/HER OWN RELIGION WITHOUT DOUBT)

1 Like

Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 28, 2013
JAMES 1 VS 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. FATHERLESS AND WIDOW IS NOT A LITERAL TERM. MEANS THE POWERLESS

SO RELIGION GOD WANTS IS TO HELP THE POOR AND WEAK AND NOT TO BE INVOLVED IN CARNAL SINFUL VANITIES OF THE WORLD. FINITO
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by Mudley313: 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by henrijin: 10:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
ednut1: god has no religion, d most popular religions now are dose of successful nd strong empires, if nigeria was world power nd colonised europe, na juju for mak sense whil xtaainity will be looked down upon
Abi?!
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by Jadeice: 1:22am On Apr 29, 2013
U r hilarious love d pix duo...
Mudley313: silly question

[img]http://religionpoisons.files./2011/03/zdvyg.jpeg[/img]
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by Jadeice: 1:25am On Apr 29, 2013
U r just beyond funny aswear buh it's true na juju go prevail as d God sent religion grin grin
henrijin:
Abi?!
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by deSika(m): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2013
ayenny02:

ISLAM is arabic word which means surrender to d will of God, Those who practice religion of islam are called Muslim. Muslim is an arabic word and which means worshiper of none except Allah alone.

Also Allah is an Arabic word which means God, Supreme Being. In Hebrew language God means ELOHA but jews use plural form ELOHIM. It is not subject to plurality or gender. It is confusing to use the word God as many English-speaking Christian still consider Jesus as God, even the word creator is also confusing, as many christians still maintain that jesus had created the world.

If u can access to Arabic Bible that those christian arabs are using, you will see that God in that bible translate to Allah

Not only the name of Allah is strange, but also the way muslims worship Allah with ablution, bowing, kneeling, prostration and fasting is strange to non-muslim, but not strange to all prophets.

While ablution (washing of face, arms, feet and moistening of d hair) prior to worship is abandoned by modern christian, it is still required by muslim and previous prophets, as seen in the following passages of the Bible: Exodus 40:31-32
32 When they went into the tent of the congregation, and when they came near unto the altar, they washed; as the Lord commanded Moses.

12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

Although Paul made many changes in jesus teaching, he was still faithful in respect to ablution(purification) as seen in Act 21:26;
26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

Muslim Women perform their prayer with their head covered as 1 cor 11:5, 6 and 13;
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

Muslims worship with bowing, kneeling, prostration and without shoes as done by previous Prophet;

14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?

4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.

5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the peoplewink and when he opened it, all the people stood up:

6 And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

N:B- (AM NOT HERE TO AGAINST OTHER FAITH BUT TO ALL PROVE HIS/HER OWN RELIGION WITHOUT DOUBT)
when u ask a moslem how early moslems before Mohamed served their God. they go back to the same bible to fish out their early muslim stories.
i hereby by invite u to the following
www.nairaland.com/1260103/how-muslims-teach-non-muslims

www.nairaland.com/1244487/allah-israel

www.nairaland.com/1256820/prove-me-allah-yahweh-same
pls takenote jews were no early muslims they were simply jews. te
hey didnt worship in a mosque. they didnt have any relationship with mecca but with jerusalem.

#by the way are ther no early musilms in saudi arabia before Mohamed came. how did they worship their Allah in the kabba
Re: Which Is God's Chosen Religion? by deSika(m): 11:25am On Apr 29, 2013
ayenny02:

when u ask a moslem how early moslems before Mohamed served their God. they go back to the same bible to fish out their early muslim stories.
i hereby by invite u to the following
www.nairaland.com/1260103/how-muslims-teach-non-muslims

www.nairaland.com/1244487/allah-israel

www.nairaland.com/1256820/prove-me-allah-yahweh-same
pls takenote jews were no early muslims they were simply jews. te
hey didnt worship in a mosque. they didnt have any relationship with mecca but with jerusalem.

#by the way are ther no early musilms in saudi arabia before Mohamed came. how did they worship their Allah in the kabba

(1) (Reply)

Does The End Justify The Means? / IMAGINE!! -A Satanic Black Mass To Be Hosted For Lucifer At Harvard University / Is It Wrong To Question The Existence Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.