Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me (1434 Views)

Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida / Access Bank Or University Of Porthsmouth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me by adosjun(m): 1:49pm On May 23, 2012
Which will U?? choose between going F a masters degree in environment , health ? safety ? diamond bank? Considering how volatile ? banking job is, ? beside ? have a foundatinal degree in one of basic medical sciences.. Not forgetting how difficult it is get a job in nigeria... ? pls help me
Re: DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me by yemmyma: 2:26pm On May 23, 2012
Okay, i will help you out with what i think is best if i was in your shoes.

Getting experience on the job can be a very hard nut to crack these days. If you have worked before after your B.Sc for at least two years, i can advise you to go for the masters. But if you have no experience, go for the bank job and defer your admission to the next year. The schools are never against such decisions. As long as you have not processed your visa. But if you have the visa, you must go.

2 Likes

Re: DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me by adosjun(m): 2:45pm On May 23, 2012
Thanx yemmy, ? have had an experience as a office assistant b4... But considering how vokatile ? banking sector is ? how difficult secure a job with a basic medical degree in nigeria,? am really thinking hard of wish of ? option choose... Beside how profitabke is environmental health ? safety
Re: DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me by yemmyma: 3:22pm On May 23, 2012
Well, the problem is that i really don't think you have any good job experience if i am right. Again you don't know if you really like to study HSE.

Can you say what your first degree was?
Re: DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me by jokobaba: 4:08pm On May 23, 2012
Better take the job right away. What is the essence of earning a degree if it is not about getting a job? You have the option of doing the masters latter; I doubt it if you can guarantee yourself a job in your own time...a word is enough for the wise!!

1 Like

Re: DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me by adosjun(m): 7:02pm On May 23, 2012
? studied medical physiology.. ? U?? know its not really profitable in nigeria so that ? ? am considering doing a masters in hse which is more of a professional course... ?. Have plans of coming back work in nigeria after ? masters
Re: DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me by yamakuza: 7:24pm On May 23, 2012
adosjun: ? studied medical physiology.. ? U?? know its not really profitable in nigeria so that ? ? am considering doing a masters in hse which is more of a professional course... ?. Have plans of coming back work in nigeria after ? masters

have you paid for the masters?

If not, take the job and do HSE courses here in Nigeria eg NEBOSH, OSHA, NISP, etc.
Re: DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 23, 2012
Get the job and stay with them,you can then go for study leave for one year.But if you want to follow your passion ,then its okay.
Re: DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me by Otuabaroku: 10:41am On May 24, 2012
Please, take the job offer and forget about HSE for now.
Re: DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me by AjanleKoko: 4:46pm On May 24, 2012
@OP,
Doesn't sound like you have any particular life goals or ambitions. Sounds more like you want to work, and you want to get masters from obodo oyinbo. Most likely you chose HSE because it may lead to an oil company.

Not that any of that is bad though. But you have to stick to a particular plan. It's all the same, at the end of the day, money in your pocket. I advise you choose the easier (for you) option of the two.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Academy Exam / What Is The Monthly Take Home (salary) Of An ABO, BO, And SBO In Enterprise Ban / How Fast Can You Type?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.