Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Falana Visits Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Visits Jonathan (1483 Views)

Niger President Issoufou, Visits Jonathan (photo) / Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement / Dangote Visits Jonathan After Signing Refinery Loan Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana Visits Jonathan by awodman: 8:48pm On Apr 26, 2013
Lagos Lawyer, Femi Falana met with President Goodluck
Jonathan Friday for about thirty minutes at the
presidential Villa.

Mr Falana told state House Correspondents after the
meeting that it was a private visit to the President that
has to do with the state of the Nation.

Asked whether the visit had anything to do with the case
instituted by the Nigeria Police Force against Leadership
Newspapers, he said it has nothing to do with that.

Femi Falana is the counsel to Leadership Newspaper and
two of its reporters who are being prosecuted for
allegedly forging the signature of the president.

The brief encounter between Falana and state House
Correspondents went thus:
You are not a regular visitor to the Villa. Why are you
here?
It is a private visit, it is a private visit

You are the counsel to Leadership newspaper and two of
her reporters that are being prosecuted. Has your visit
got to do with any negotiation?
It has nothing to do with that at all, on a very serious
note. It has nothing to do with that.

Is it about 2015?
No, No, No, it’s about the affairs of our country. I am a
stakeholder, you know that.
Source:www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/falana-visits-jonathan/
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by BrokenTV: 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
Yes yes yes first to comment, i know this is gonna make it to front but if it did not make it seun please use because of me broken tv to push it to front page. Thanks to everybody those that love me and those that dislike me. Nairalanders i hail.
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by awodman: 10:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
House what do U̶̲̥̅̊ think Falana was discussing with GEJ...has he joined the FRESH AIR team
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by talktimi(m): 12:06am On Apr 27, 2013
Front row ticket things cool
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by IB5(f): 12:49am On Apr 27, 2013
Very soon Falana too might be licking Jona's a$$ just like Abati and okupe grin
Seem most of the activists we have in Nigeria are only being active because they are interested in the national cake, except for very few of them like the prof Soyinka and the Felas' family cool

1 Like

Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Demdem(m): 12:54am On Apr 27, 2013
Falana simply went to tell the retardeen to try and wake up from his foolishness if possible.

1 Like

Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by IB5(f): 1:09am On Apr 27, 2013
Demdem: Falana simply went to tell the retardeen to try and wake up from his foolishness if possible.

You sure it is not about 2015? Because presido seems to be desperate about it, don't dull.
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by awodman: 6:22am On Apr 27, 2013
Demdem: Falana simply went to tell the retardeen to try and wake up from his foolishness if possible.
For your mind abi...Have you forgotten TUNJI BRAITHWAITE..after he visited GEJ in aso rock have u heard him coming down heavily on the govt..obviously now he understands better..and remember he was on the frontline of the subsidy protest in lag...So don't be surprised if FALANA follows suit
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 27, 2013
awodman:
For your mind abi...Have you forgotten TUNJI BRAITHWAITE..after he visited GEJ in aso rock have u heard him coming down heavily on the govt..obviously now he understands better..and remember he was on the frontline of the subsidy protest in lag...So don't be surprised if FALANA follows suit
our president is a very generous man who can give you transport fare back to your base in thousands of dollars. So why won't story change.... lol.
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by talktimi(m): 8:14am On Apr 27, 2013
You guys are just here chanting like if you had the chance to visit the president at aso rock you'll pass. Please stop bad belleism cheesy
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 27, 2013
talktimi: You guys are just here chanting like if you had the chance to visit the president at aso rock you'll pass. Please stop bad belleism cheesy
oh shut it! you should be grateful that FG has given award to monitor the internet. You should be praying for Nairaland to be recognised so that we too can go and collect our share of national cake from the president. lol!
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 27, 2013
The APC wishes to see the president isolated by all nigerians. Shame on this cheap shot at tarring Falana's name with the paint brush of shame. Would the story be different if he had visited Fashola?
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Tolexander: 8:37am On Apr 27, 2013
Falana gbo ti e, ti ara eni ni a n gbo!
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by talktimi(m): 8:43am On Apr 27, 2013
berem: oh shut it! you should be grateful that FG has given award to monitor the internet. You should be praying for Nairaland to be recognised so that we too can go and collect our share of national cake from the president. lol!
madam leave alone this morning o I'm fasting, if by monday gov Fash calls me over to Alausa or GEJ calls me to Aso rock people like you will say I used juju. Shakarataraskatarataratabakatarukut grin

Stop bad beelleism you people o
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Demdem(m): 8:55am On Apr 27, 2013
I-B.:

You sure it is not about 2015? Because presido seems to be desperate about it, don't dull.

Falana said its not about 2015. To a large extent, I believe him. This is Falana talking, not Abati.

1 Like

Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Demdem(m): 8:59am On Apr 27, 2013
awodman:

Refer me to anywhere braithwaithe gave kudos to this fraud of a govt? U should understand that that the man is aging, he is taking it easy.
Besides, braithwaithe isn't falana, so what's ur point?
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Demdem(m): 9:01am On Apr 27, 2013
saxywale:
our president is a very generous man who can give you transport fare back to your base in thousands of dollars. So why won't story change.... lol.

He does that corrupt act regularly however its on record that some few men rejects his bribe.

1 Like

Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by jaso1(m): 9:13am On Apr 27, 2013
You people should have known what's happening. OBJ has fall into Jona trap and to be jail in few month to come.
Falana is your next Anthony General for the mission. This is not winch hunt but to sanitize the nation from been completely msimanage. Mark my word.
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Demdem(m): 9:21am On Apr 27, 2013
jas_o: You people should have known what's happening. OBJ has fall into Jona trap and to be jail in few month to come.
Falana is your next Anthony General for the mission. This is not winch hunt but to sanitize the nation from been completely msimanage. Mark my word.

If this is so then that will be one good head inside the retardeens govt. This is all what we are clamouring for?
We need one to teach the trainee leader how to govern.
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Gbawe: 9:23am On Apr 27, 2013
I-B.:
Very soon Falana too might be licking Jona's a$$ just like Abati and okupe grin
Seem most of the activists we have in Nigeria are only being active because they are interested in the national cake, except for very few of them like the prof Soyinka and the Felas' family cool

I am fairly sure this will never happen with Femi Falana. Ordinarily, every courteous and mature person should honour invitation to meet the leader of his nation. Tinubu meets with GEJ despite criticising him non-stop. Ribadu actually worked for GEJ while Buhari is at National functions regularly with GEJ and has stated that he does not rule out the possibility of working with Jonathan if Mr.President is sincere. Falana visiting GEJ is therefore no big deal. These men are not sworn enemies even if they disagree with each other on issues concerning the leadership of Nigeria. Many actually get on well privately despite what we think here.
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by IB5(f): 9:38am On Apr 27, 2013
Gbawe:

I am fairly sure this will never happen with Femi Falana. Ordinarily, every courteous and mature person should honour invitation to meet the leader of his nation. Tinubu meets with GEJ despite criticising him non-stop. Ribadu actually worked for GEJ while Buhari is at National functions regularly with GEJ and has stated that he does not rule out the possibility of working with Jonathan if Mr.President is sincere. Falana visiting GEJ is therefore no big deal. These men are not sworn enemies even if they disagree with each other on issues concerning the leadership of Nigeria. Many actually get on well privately despite what we think here.

Let's hope so. Remember that three years ago no one would believe Abati could take the a$$ licking job he his doing now, he has so much integrity then.
Bro, I tell you none of these people are trust worthy. Very few of them seem to be outstanding, who prefers integrity and dignity over millions of dollars. One of them is Soyinka. As for Falana lipsrsealed
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by talktimi(m): 9:49am On Apr 27, 2013
jas_o: You people should have known what's happening. OBJ has fall into Jona trap and to be jail in few month to come.
can you substantiate this claim ?
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by jaso1(m): 9:49am On Apr 27, 2013
I-B.:

Let's hope so. Remember that three years ago no would believe Abati could take the a$$ licking job he his doing now, he has so much integrity then.
Bro, I tell you none of these people are trust worthy. Very few of them seem to be outstanding, who prefers integrity and dignity over millions of dollars. One of them is Soyinka. As for Falana lipsrsealed

Falana can never be a stooge to retardant president; he will rather earmark the condition for working with him before accepting any offer. He's reputation is bigger than any post awaiting him in the presidency. He's among outstanding human right we presently have and cant submit himself for ridiculing.
He's with good pedigree which money or gold can’t buy. If he accepted the job is going to favor us all because there won’t be boundary on how he effectively discharges his duty. Everyone of them will be sent to jail gradually.
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Gbawe: 10:00am On Apr 27, 2013
I-B.:

Let's hope so. Remember that three years ago no would believe Abati could take the a$$ licking job he his doing now, he has so much integrity then.

Well, I would personally be disappointed if Falana becomes an Abati because even as they had social criticism in common, Falana is the one, like Gani Fawehinmi, who has walked the walk while we have traditionally had many like Abati who only gained their reputation via talking the talk. I think Falana has only gone to politely hear what GEJ has to say even as I am certain Mr.President's intentions are most certainly dubious given his 2015 "do or die" fixation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femi_Falana

Mr Falana is renowned for providing free legal services to the poor and disadvantaged, he has been detained numerous times by the security services for his activism. He has won numerous awards locally and internationally for his activism.

Personally, if I were to hazard a guess, I would say desperate and opportunistic GEJ may want to 'cash in' on Falana's dedication to seeing OBJ jailed. Team GEJ has decided that "GEJ for 2015" can only be achieved with all "enemies" taken out so GEJ is unchallenged. Different plans will be devised for each "enemy" be it Amaechi, OBJ or Aliyu. GEJ may just want to recruit a passionate and dedicated man for his own parochial agenda same as he used Ribadu to save face after anger against his fuel subsidy removal that provoked the riot. The plan may be to draft Falana in and cower OBJ. If this is the case, let us hope Falana has the sense to refrain from tainting his good name via joining a sinking ship.

http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-will-go-to-jail-falana/

Obasanjo will go to jail – Falana

JUNE 13, 2012 BY TUNDE ODESOLA, OSOGBO

Lagos lawyer, Femi Falana, has predicted that former President Olusegun Obasanjo will go to jail if the eight-year tenure of the latter is investigated.

Falana spoke on Tuesday at an event organised by Osun State civil society coalition in commemoration of June 12, 1993 presidential election.

He said, “If President Hosni Mubarak could go to jail and other corrupt leaders in Asia and North Africa, it is a pointer that former President Obasanjo will go to jail.”

Falana said Obasanjo was richer when he ended his presidential tenure than when he assumed presidency, stressing the need to probe the former helmsman.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by IB5(f): 10:17am On Apr 27, 2013
^^^^
Thanks Mr. Gbawe for your enlightening posts.

Nigeria go better one day sha cool I don't know how but I know it is going to happen.

1 Like

Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 27, 2013
Gbawe:

Well, I would personally be disappointed if Falana becomes an Abati because even as they had social criticism in common, Falana is the one, like Gani Fawehinmi, who has walked the walk while we have traditionally had many like Abati who only gained their reputation via talking the talk. I think Falana has only gone to politely hear what GEJ has to say even as I am certain Mr.President's intentions are most certainly dubious given his 2015 "do or die" fixation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femi_Falana

Personally, if I were to hazard a guess, I would say desperate and opportunistic GEJ may want to 'cash in' on Falana's dedication to seeing OBJ jailed. Team GEJ has decided that "GEJ for 2015" can only be achieved with all "enemies" taken out so GEJ is unchallenged. Different plans will be devised for each "enemy" be it Amaechi, OBJ or Aliyu. GEJ may just want to recruit a passionate and dedicated man for his own parochial agenda same as he used Ribadu to save face after anger against his fuel subsidy removal that provoked the riot. The plan may be to draft Falana in and cower OBJ. If this is the case, let us hope Falana has the sense to refrain from tainting his good name via joining a sinking ship.

http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-will-go-to-jail-falana/

Now this is a new low for you. All those conjectures and speculations only exist in your ACNized imagination.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Gbawe: 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Now this is a new low for you. All those conjectures and speculations only exist in your ACNized imagination.

Please tell us what has happened to the Ribadu report. You have no shame. Did you, Billyonaire, Taharqa, lostpope, Maxymilliano, Frank-C et al not argue about "white paper" and other deceitful garbage when some of us told you blatantly that GEJ and Allison-Madueke had cynically used Ribadu's reputation for their own agenda of deceit? Some of us stated that nothing would be done about the Ribadu report because GEJ is not a sincere person and deceit is totally in his character. Instead you all sycophantically rounded on Ribadu. Abeg who is right today given how your messiah has thrown the report, like many before it, in the garbage bin?

Sane and truthful folks know that many of GEJ's cynical conduct show he is capable of anything. [b]This is a President, along with his petroleum minister, who carried out massive fraud against his own Nation, in the form of the fuel subsidy scam, to gain an election 'war chest' and you are here blabbing. Instead of prosecuting offenders ASAP, he is busy sending out Otedola to play James Bond same as Orasanye carried out the Nollywood show of shame, right in front of GEJ, to discredit the Ribadu report.

Is this not the same President using an unneeded new creation (PDP Governors forum) headed by Akpabio to frustrate Amaechi with the argument that Ameachi must be removed as chairman NGF since zonal equity means Amaechi should make way for a Governor not from the SS because the region already had Akpabio as chairman of PGF i.e PDP Governor's forum? Alam's condemnable pardon Nko which only you supported here? Mr. Newby, do you remember GEJ cynically making Gbenga daniel his SW campaign coordinator at precisely the same time GEJ should have come down hard on OGD for the lgislative impeachement gansterism the former Ogun Governor was instigating? Remember Teslim Folarin miraculously acquited of a murder charge and flown straight to Abuja , courtesy of the President, to deliver delegate votes to Mr.President?[/b] Abi you want more examples of the cynical opportunism of your messiah? New low ko new hole ni. You have no shame and need to get lost with your fake shock. As if anyone is accusing your crooked and dishonest messiah of anything he is not capable of doing and has not done similar to in the past

Maybe you and your co-travellers in deceit need to be reminded of your previous stance that has been discredited here time and time again.

https://www.nairaland.com/1092085/disagreements-ribadu-committee-submits-report/3

Abeg, look at the nauseating crap, in view of where we are today, written by your co-traveller in sycophancy. You people sha. Absolutely shameless.

https://www.nairaland.com/1085138/ribadu-report-plan-embarrass-government

Frank-C wrote:
I have no doubt in my mind about GEJ's determination to take on big challenges, like the rot in the oil and gas sector. An unserious mind would never had engaged a Ribadu to probe the sector and the period under probe ends in 2011, so there is no need to 'cover up' anything. Issuance of oil bloc licenses is a privilege the law empower the President to execute. To have the will is one thing but to execute it is another thing.
Dr Abati has been a baggage to this administration. He is a reactive person. He seem to think that his job is more to respond than to define. There is no reason on earth to call this an embarrassment because if the administration did not want to be 'embarrassed', they would have appointed a Fani Kayode to head the committee. Yes, for those who don't understand how government runs, reports are meant to be harmonized because the assignment is given with a perspective in mind but my problem with this particular one is that Abati is trying to chatsize the leakage. This should be played out big time. I need to see the end, but if anybody is covering up something, i need to see the person roasted. And for Abati, this reactive release has eroded lots of confidence and he should be replaced. He seem not to be speaking for Nigerians or the Presidency but for some other interests.

And as usual, your disgraceful companion saying we are spreading "propaganda" because we said GEJ's government is corrupt and nothing would come of the Ribadu report. Who can be correctly accused of spreading "propaganda" today in the light of the binning of the Ribadu report, the pardon of corrupt Alams, the Maina affair et al? This is what you people do. Insult others who speak the truth while you deal in lies. GEJ keeps disgracing you lot with new lows and you keep showing up here to insult those who called it correctly. God/karma will judge your kind to give you what you truly deserve.Please say amen to that nice prayer.

https://www.nairaland.com/1085138/ribadu-report-plan-embarrass-government/2

Taharga wrote:
@Gbawe. SHUT ya mouth up. This report didnt 'show that this govt is very corrupt'; most of what was reportd happend b4 dis admin. Stop spreading yr silly propaganda...oh by d way, if the govt wantd to hide things the way u hv just stated it wud nt hv institutd d probe in d 1st place and appointd not only Ribadu but sm oda ppl in dat committee( do you hv any idea about d calibar of ppl in dat committee)? Stop making constant noise
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by awodman: 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2013
Demdem:

Refer me to anywhere braithwaithe gave kudos to this fraud of a govt? U should understand that that the man is aging, he is taking it easy.
Besides, braithwaithe isn't falana, so what's ur point?

Here is your answer...

"He explained that his recent visit to Jonathan Aso Rock was aimed at reciprocating the president’s earlier visit to him in Lagos, saying he undertook the step because he had seen in the president a honest and genuine concern in himabout the myriad of crises bedevilling the nation."

"He also said from his observation so far, the president
portrayed himself as a person with the desire “to muster all the necessary national strengths to address what is
definitely a collection of life-threatening dangers to the soul of Nigeria”.

Source:www.thisdaylive.com/articles/braithwaite-jonathan-may-convene-national-conference-soon/123285/
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Demdem(m): 11:29pm On Apr 27, 2013
awodman:

Here is your answer...

"He explained that his recent visit to Jonathan Aso Rock was aimed at reciprocating the president’s earlier visit to him in Lagos, saying he undertook the step because he had seen in the president a honest and genuine concern in himabout the myriad of crises bedevilling the nation."

"He also said from his observation so far, the president
portrayed himself as a person with the desire “to muster all the necessary national strengths to address what isi
definitely a collection of life-threatening dangers to the soul of Nigeria”.

Source:www.thisdaylive.com/articles/braithwaite-jonathan-may-convene-national-conference-soon/123285/

Crap. Braithwaithe said what I myself have always been saying. The retardeen is most likely a good man, husband, teacher etc but as regards governance he sucks. Of cos, retardeen understand Nigerias problems just like most of our miserable past leaders but the will power to do the right thing is what is lacking.
This interview was middle last year when retardeen deceived the old man that he has the will power. He gave him the benefit of doubt but alas his true colour is out there. It's obvious the retardeen won't give any SNC which tunji was hoping for that bought about this optimism from him.
Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by slimghost(m): 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
Demdem:

Crap. Braithwaithe said what I myself have always been saying. The retardeen is most likely a good man, husband, teacher etc but as regards governance he sucks. Of cos, retardeen understand Nigerias problems just like most of our miserable past leaders but the will power to do the right thing is what is lacking.
This interview was middle last year when retardeen deceived the old man that he has the will power. He gave him the benefit of doubt but alas his true colour is out there. It's obvious the retardeen won't give any SNC which tunji was hoping for that bought about this optimism from him.

Dude go and sitt down jare. You are now inside braithwaithe's head to decipher his thoughts? What a hate filled human being! Accept the fact that Falana has seen the "will" in GEJ to make things work for Nigerians and move on. Stop making fun of urself on NL.

1 Like

Re: Falana Visits Jonathan by Demdem(m): 8:31am On Apr 28, 2013
slimghost:

Dude go and sitt down jare. You are now inside braithwaithe's head to decipher his thoughts? What a hate filled human being! Accept the fact that Falana has seen the "will" in GEJ to make things work for Nigerians and move on. Stop making fun of urself on NL.

Very dumb post as usual. Ok, u are now inside falanas head to also decipher his thoughts. Very foolish thing.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Begins Construction On 4th Mainland Bridge (pictures) / The Zoo Called Nigeria Will Expire In The Year 2014. / Emeka Offor Versus His Oraifite People In Anambra State By Mike Ofiaeli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.