Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement (24264 Views)

Ali Modu Sheriff Visits Jonathan (Photos) / Niger President Issoufou, Visits Jonathan (photo) / Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by ducii: 11:40am On Mar 11, 2015
A former Minister of Defence, Gen. Theophilus Danjuma, on Wednesday met behind closed-doors with President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The meeting which lasted for about 15 minutes, was held inside the President’s residence in the early hours of the day.

Jonathan received Danjuma, who is the Chairman of the Victims Support Fund, in front of his residence and also saw him off to the same spot.

As Jonathan and his guest moved towards his waiting car, State House correspondents approached Danjuma for comment on the purpose of the early morning meeting.

Flanked by the President with some presidential aides standing behind him, the former minister described the agenda of the short meeting as confidential.

When reminded that the meeting was coming at a crucial time when the nation was preparing for general elections, Danjuma warned the reporters not to speculate about the purpose of the visit.

He said having just returned to the country from a foreign trip, he needed to see Jonathan and find out developments in the country.

“Don’t speculate. I came to visit the President and find out how things are going. I have been abroad. I just came back,” he said.

When asked whether he was ready to support Jonathan’s re-election, Danjuma said he could not canvass votes for anybody because he does not belong to any political party.

“I don’t canvass (for votes). I am not in any of the political parties. The President is Nigeria’s President,” he simply said.

After the short press interview, Jonathan saw his guest off to his car and later retired into his residence with his aides.

Danjuma in January drew the wrath of some ex-Niger Delta militants, includ­ing Alhaji Mujahid Asari Dokubo and Government Ekpemupolo (a.k.a Tompolo), when he called for their arrests for threatening war if Jonathan loses the forthcoming election.

Apart from declaring the former minister persona non grata in the region where Jonathan hails from, the ex-militants also demanded apol­ogy from Danjuma within seven days or face their wrath.

The repentant militant leaders said in a statement issued in Port Harcourt, that Danjuma was among North­erners who had become very comfortable in life because of the oil money from Niger Delta.

http://www.punchng.com/news/danjuma-visits-jonathan-avoids-endorsement/
Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by dokyOloye: 11:43am On Mar 11, 2015
Who needs d endorsement of a murderer and thief?
Theo Danjuma personifies what is wrong in Nigeria.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by smakati(m): 11:44am On Mar 11, 2015
In sane climes, danjuma, tompolo, asari and gej will all be in jail but that is none of my business

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by PassingShot(m): 11:47am On Mar 11, 2015
The fact that the meeting only lasted for about 15 minutes is an indication that it didn't go well.

GEJ would have loved to use it as a campaign tool had Danjuma played the game. But now, water don pass Garri.

Brief meetings are a sign of absence of comfort between the parties involved.

Jona is a Goner!

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by SOBSISRAEL(m): 11:48am On Mar 11, 2015
Endorsement 4 what? 2nd term in otueke?
Are u writing Jamb? Be jamb ready. For any question disturbing ur mind about jamb, call or whatsapp 09033976204. We have the answers to all ur question. We teach u to pass.
Dnt miss this chance its free of charge

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by eleojo23: 11:51am On Mar 11, 2015
PassingShot:
The fact that the meeting only lasted for about 15 minutes is an indication that it didn't go well.

If the meeting had lasted for hours you would have criticised the president saying that he is wasting precious time seeking for endorsements instead of attending to national matters. Na wa o!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by Ogbuefienubiaka: 11:51am On Mar 11, 2015
oonnggddatbbggd
Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by martincbarton: 11:51am On Mar 11, 2015
Statesmanship.
Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by oneda(m): 11:52am On Mar 11, 2015
the meeting was about the oil wells

Well I am not a reporter and I am free to speculate cheesy Shebi im warn reporters make they no speculate on the agenda of de meeting?

4 Likes

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by Joniboi(m): 11:52am On Mar 11, 2015
TY Danjuma went to bid farewell to GEJ as he plans his exit from Aso Rock. Can't wait for March 28th to send the clueless one parking to Otouke.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by fkaz(m): 11:53am On Mar 11, 2015
Danjuma has Taraba state vote in his kit and it will be deliver to APC

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by chrisbaby24(m): 11:53am On Mar 11, 2015
Chai....made fp.....

That's all... grin

3 Likes

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by ipunchbitches(m): 11:53am On Mar 11, 2015
jh say ygaghajiisbbhsj
Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by PassingShot(m): 11:53am On Mar 11, 2015
PassingShot:

GEJ would have loved to use it as a campaign tool had Danjuma played the game. But now, water don pass Garri.

Jona is a Goner!

2 Likes

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by wise0ne: 11:53am On Mar 11, 2015
Naija Politics ....
Anyways.... GEJ till 2019
Lets Keep Moving Nigeria Forwards

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by kenchuworld: 11:53am On Mar 11, 2015
GEJ till 2019. Febuari don pass.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by sucess001(m): 11:54am On Mar 11, 2015
So una expect make him endorse the Clueless one?

3 Likes

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by hollarwaley: 11:54am On Mar 11, 2015
Awon oniyeye grin

2 Likes

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by Skoopy(m): 11:54am On Mar 11, 2015
cool
Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by mcdokwe(m): 11:55am On Mar 11, 2015
Is it needed?
Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by sammyj: 11:55am On Mar 11, 2015
Danjuma is one of the most bold and principled former Nigeria general and would not sell himself off to the clueless one because of ordinary portage. coming at the time brings a set back to GEJ's reelection ambition. Although I wouldn't blame Danjoma for not endorsing a failure because nobody want to associate him or herself with failures. And to all GEJ robots on this platform may your creators run your life the way GEJ has run the administration of this Nation !!!

SAI Danjuma !!

Click like in support of GMB/PYO and
Share for GEJ/SAMBO

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by ZUBY77(m): 11:55am On Mar 11, 2015
Apparently he came to know what would happen to his oil wells in Jonathan’s South - South.
All them Thieves are in Panic.

Jonathan is most likely to win this election.
And the oil Thieves who got licenses through dubious military regimes are now having clandestine meetings with the most likely person to win the election.

Expect Atiku, Mai Deribe etc to pay their own visits soon. If not, kiss your oil wells good bye come 2016.
Its time to know that the oil belongs to some people.

They are afraid of the implementation of the National Conference recommendations which would most likely give the oil wells back to the host States.

Mind you, I am from Enugu without any oil well.

And despite all that facts, Jonathan surprised us by transforming almost every Sector in Just over five years.
Now I can go to Europe from my back yard in Enugu and you want me to vote for Change.
Change what exactly?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by mczico: 11:56am On Mar 11, 2015
.I go soon blow

I no say una miss me

but gej till 2019

6 Likes

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by chelseabmw(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2015
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

Till

7 Likes

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by ceejayluv(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2015
smakati:
In sane climes, danjuma, tompolo, asari and gej will all be in jail but that is none of my business
Include buhari as well for treason....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by frainc(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2015
Pls nairalander show some love by listening or downloading my dance track
"Erekere" http://mp3twit.com/uZP

Or
Rap Track "Fisile"
http://mp3twit.com/v04

This is the only way you can help a brother for now

Thank you

.....F'rainbow.....
Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by dokyOloye: 11:57am On Mar 11, 2015
smakati:
If U grew up seeing the likes of Danjuma turn to billionaires overnight on d oil wells in Ur backyard, while U live in abject poverty,believe me,U will do worse than Tompolo them.
If U grew up amidst difficulty to farm or even find portable water because of oil spills,whilst d Danjumas,Abachas,Indimis,Mai Deribes come from faraway north and turn to billionaires overnight on that same oil,believe me,U'll do worse than Asari and Tompolo.
Take a trip to let's say Bayelsa and see d effects of oil spillage,U will nearly cry,farmlands rendered useless,streams condemned.
I am not from d Niger delta,but give it to them,they have had patience.
If this oil d whole country is feeding on were to be in d North,especially d so called 'core' north,the country would've been divided since.

9 Likes

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by hadura29(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2015
Baba theo go gba him right for joe na tan hand ni...

DeM both don see alert.. gba..

Abeg next story... This election will come and go make person even take eye see road....
Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by HzRF(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2015
PassingShot:

Jona is a Goner!
See reasoning

Maybe he came to deliver d lasting punch on APC

2 Likes

Re: Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement by Jostico: 11:58am On Mar 11, 2015
danjuma in hausa language means no endorsement

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Konbowei Benson Arraigned For Forgery Of NYSC Certificate / NAF Conducts Exercise Steel Dome At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(photos) / Herdsmen Not Responsible For Aborode’s Killing – Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.