Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. (22214 Views)

Closed / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard / Forex Traders: Lets Share Our Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by olinto: 11:35am On Jul 25, 2013
Afrocatalyst:
i dnt stay in ibadan so i wouldnt knw where u can rent it there bt if u look around,you will see. You can get a buffer frm 200k upwards(new) depending on the rpm. You can get a vacuum for 15k and above. Dnt forget there are fairly used of these machines,you can check them out too.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by olinto: 11:41am On Jul 25, 2013
Afrocatalyst:
thanks for d complement yomkris. The first step to starting any professional service is to look for persns who do the same tin and are succeeding in it. Work wit them for some time and understand the way the bizness is run b4 taking a step to start urs. If u r smart and knw wat u want,this step shuld nt last more dan 6mnths. Then visit CAC.

So one have to follow some1 succeeding in d biz for 6months b4 1 can start?

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 11:45am On Jul 25, 2013
olinto:

So one have to follow some1 succeeding in d biz for 6months b4 1 can start?
that is if you have no experience hw d bizness is run. This wil guarantee u success immediately u start. It's a sacrifice worth taking. Imho.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by olinto: 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
Afrocatalyst:
that is if you have no experience hw d bizness is run. This wil guarantee u success immediately u start. It's a sacrifice worth taking. Imho.

During my school days in scotland uk,I did cleaning as a part time job. Can't I use wat I knew then to kick start this?

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by fermlad: 1:35am On Jul 26, 2013
Nice nice thread, i must confess.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by faloo2000: 3:14am On Jul 26, 2013
Hi guys.I m in a position to bring in used cleaning equipment but looking for someone to partner with either to sell or rent. Any ideas?

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 10:39am On Jul 26, 2013
olinto:

During my school days in scotland uk,I did cleaning as a part time job. Can't I use wat I knew then to kick start this?
basically cleaning is cleaning. I tink you can start wit that experience as you wil bring in wat a lot of cleaning service companies in Nigeria lack,professionalism. Nonetheless,understanding the business environment in naija is key. My advice: start bt employ smeone wit experience in naija. Gdluck bro.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 10:42am On Jul 26, 2013
faloo2000: Hi guys.I m in a position to bring in used cleaning equipment but looking for someone to partner with either to sell or rent. Any ideas?
wat equipments precisely? Nt all wil sell easily.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Yomkris(m): 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Afrocatalyst:

Thank u my dear oga. U are truely a gud leader and a proffessional per excelent. I can really undastand ur point. One may be doin somtin wrongly and belive he is right unless u get someone who can put u thru. I love doin things dat can stand d test of time cos i have a name so, im always ready to learn. Thanx once again.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by olinto: 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
Afrocatalyst:
basically cleaning is cleaning. I tink you can start wit that experience as you wil bring in wat a lot of cleaning service companies in Nigeria lack,professionalism. Nonetheless,understanding the business environment in naija is key. My advice: start bt employee smeone wit experience in naija. Gdluck bro.

Thanx bro

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Yomkris(m): 9:05am On Jul 27, 2013
@ Afrocatalyst, tnx 4ur contributns here. Pls it just occur to me now dat i have a house i can practice wit. My brother's house has just been completed and the aluminium glass windows there are seriously loaded wit cement. Pls can u just give me the tips of what i can use and how to clean the folowin @d site just for practical purpose b4 i can get someone to learn from profesionaly.
(1) d cement stained window glasses
(2) d tiles
(3) d toilet wc.
Thanx bro.

2 Likes

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
For the cement stains on the glasses,use a smooth scraper to scrape out the stains and then wash wit a detergent. Bt the stains in between the rails,scrape to weaken them and then use a vacuum blower to push them out. You can replicate the same for the floor or use a buffer with scrubber. The only problem is that if you are using a buffer you have to soak d floor wit tile cleaner or a mixture of vim,jik and harpic wit detergent. Leave for 30mins and use the machine. Otherwise,go manual.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by wendygold: 12:47am On Jul 28, 2013
Well acid from that ȋ̝̊̅§ not right! But normal acid could be used when diluted with some other chemical to remove tough stains. That's what I fEel and kinda know

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 7:01am On Jul 28, 2013
wendygold: Well acid from that ȋ̝̊̅§ not right! But normal acid could be used when diluted with some other chemical to remove tough stains. That's what I fEel and kinda know
yes,it works bt in d long run wat's d effect on you? Research has shown that pple in our line of work dnt last long... Occupational hazard.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by wendygold: 8:03am On Jul 29, 2013
The truth ȋ̝̊̅§ that everything has precaution! Do u work with gloves and cover your nose? We need to be preventives of all these harzard! Our job ȋ̝̊̅§ not easy cause of all we inhale, mix and all of that but will emplore us to always apply preventive measures. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 9:15am On Jul 29, 2013
wendygold: The truth ȋ̝̊̅§ that everything has precaution! Do u work with gloves and cover your nose? We need to be preventives of all these harzard! Our job ȋ̝̊̅§ not easy cause of all we inhale, mix and all of that but will emplore us to always apply preventive measures. Thanks
well you're ryt to an extent bt it stil doesnt stop u frm inhaling some of them.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by delln(m): 10:32am On Jul 29, 2013
delln: Caution! You must take good care of your health by yielding to precautions to the health hazards. Although, external preventions alone is not enough to provide total safety to your health since there is no guarranty that you will not inhale part of the chemical mixture. Therefore, you need to take some measure to neutralize the power of whatever has been inhaled inside.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by faloo2000: 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
Dear all,

I have been following with interest a lot of things posted here.The most important thing in this business is that you want to go back home to your family the same way you came..not with an injury,occupational health issue or a disease so your safety is paramount. Aside from good knowledge by way of training on the equipment you are going to use PPEs are important. The meaning is Personal Protective Equipment..safety shoes,gloves(the right type) face mask(to prevent exposure to fumes etc.

I have read articles about chemicals(acid).You have to be careful.1-You have to know what you want to clean and what will remove it easily without damaging the surface you are cleaning.This is because some chemicals will clean the dirt and scrape some of the tile/marble or floor that you are cleaning and could cause problems with your client.

I am a Health and Safety Professional with Cleaning experience and will be contributing more as time permits. Cleaning is not ordinary and wishy-washy affair. There are equipment you use today and the attendant occupational health problem wont show up till few years later and you would think its the handiwork of some witches..More to come. Happy cleaning my people!

4 Likes

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
faloo2000: Dear all,

I have been following with interest a lot of things posted here.The most important thing in this business is that you want to go back home to your family the same way you came..not with an injury,occupational health issue or a disease so your safety is paramount. Aside from good knowledge by way of training on the equipment you are going to use PPEs are important. The meaning is Personal Protective Equipment..safety shoes,gloves(the right type) face mask(to prevent exposure to fumes etc.

I have read articles about chemicals(acid).You have to be careful.1-You have to know what you want to clean and what will remove it easily without damaging the surface you are cleaning.This is because some chemicals will clean the dirt and scrape some of the tile/marble or floor that you are cleaning and could cause problems with your client.

I am a Health and Safety Professional with Cleaning experience and will be contributing more as time permits. Cleaning is not ordinary and wishy-washy affair. There are equipment you use today and the attendant occupational health problem wont show up till few years later and you would think its the handiwork of some witches..More to come. Happy cleaning my people!
nice input bro. Tank you for the clarification. Cleaning service managers/officers need to take note.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
Any new experiences?
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by faloo2000: 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
Hi All,

I can source any used or new cleaning equipment that you require.Including the floor buffer/stripper etc.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 9:07am On Aug 06, 2013
faloo2000: Hi All,

I can source any used or new cleaning equipment that you require.Including the floor buffer/stripper etc.
good. Wat are ur rates/day?
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by valentino81(m): 8:12am On Aug 07, 2013
I want to share this with you and have ur opinion too.
I got a contract and I was asked to bring them the quotation and has been given the instruction dt they need not more than five people to work in order to reduce the cost.
The job which I evaluated and discovered that like 10 people will make it fast and well done within d number of days needed. I now decided to present the quotation in two parts; I listed the materials needed in which d costs has been inflated and some repeated in diff names and forms. I listed the charge for labourers. In which the total cost of both amounted to 220k against my original cost of 150k.
That's additional 70k diff. The quatation was submitted and unfortunately the day I was asked to come for the defend, I can't make it! I had to send two of my boys over there in which the person said he can't pay more than 150k, buh later changed it to 140k due to not being smart of my guys.
D bottom line is dt I only had 10k shortage and its ok and its very sure dt if I'm arround to defend it, I will win it more dn the said amount which will even be a plus for me.
Wwe r starting the job by Sat and spending just five days. Insha Allah.
So, dts d advice I want to chip in as regards quotation.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 5:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
valentino81: I want to share this with you and have ur opinion too.
I got a contract and I was asked to bring them the quotation and has been given the instruction dt they need not more than five people to work in order to reduce the cost.
The job which I evaluated and discovered that like 10 people will make it fast and well done within d number of days needed. I now decided to present the quotation in two parts; I listed the materials needed in which d costs has been inflated and some repeated in diff names and forms. I listed the charge for labourers. In which the total cost of both amounted to 220k against my original cost of 150k.
That's additional 70k diff. The quatation was submitted and unfortunately the day I was asked to come for the defend, I can't make it! I had to send two of my boys over there in which the person said he can't pay more than 150k, buh later changed it to 140k due to not being smart of my guys.
D bottom line is dt I only had 10k shortage and its ok and its very sure dt if I'm arround to defend it, I will win it more dn the said amount which will even be a plus for me.
Wwe r starting the job by Sat and spending just five days. Insha Allah.
So, dts d advice I want to chip in as regards quotation.
the power of choice. When pple r given choices to make,it makes them feel good. I practise dat too. Nice one bro,nice one.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by faloo2000: 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2013
I live outside Naija and can help buy used equipment and send home if you really wanna own your equipment.If you give an idea of what you want to spend an what type of machine we can work things out.You will only need to pay some advance to commit to it and pay the rest when it is in Lagos.

You will be made aware of all you have to pay so no bamboozling. Shipping is always based on weight so in advance we can work out all costs.I also used to sell floor cleaning equipment and train staff in cleaning so if anyone is interested in facilitating it can be done.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 12:57am On Aug 09, 2013
faloo2000: I live outside Naija and can help buy used equipment and send home if you really wanna own your equipment.If you give an idea of what you want to spend an what type of machine we can work things out.You will only need to pay some advance to commit to it and pay the rest when it is in Lagos.

You will be made aware of all you have to pay so no bamboozling. Shipping is always based on weight so in advance we can work out all costs.I also used to sell floor cleaning equipment and train staff in cleaning so if anyone is interested in facilitating it can be done.
hmmmmm....
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ramadan kareem
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by omokejiajao: 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
am trying to follow the write up, nobody mention what exactly chemical or mixture of chemicals that could be use to remove cement from glass and tiles, please friend i need urgent reply just want to apply to my brother place thanks
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 7:11am On Aug 18, 2013
Afrocatalyst: For the cement stains on the glasses,use a smooth scraper to scrape out the stains and then wash wit a detergent. Bt the stains in between the rails,scrape to weaken them and then use a vacuum blower to push them out. You can replicate the same for the floor or use a buffer with scrubber. The only problem is that if you are using a buffer you have to soak d floor wit tile cleaner or a mixture of vim,jik and harpic wit detergent. Leave for 30mins and use the machine. Otherwise,go manual.

^^^ Read well next time.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
If you need cleaning services,dnt forget to cal my number.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by panaroma: 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hey fellas, nice thread here.. I'd like to ask a question though, how do you go about marketing your business or sourcing clients, I think this is an important area for d success or failure of this failure.. Thanks
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
Market it the way u would manage any business,be it your imported goods or your packaged product. Make use of social media a lot. You can also carve a niche for your company by going into production of any of the cleaning chemicals which can be gotten at ojota chemical market. You wil get clients too by doing business for business people. Cheers man. And dnt forget to Thank God everyday for giving you the strenght to serve.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Five Reasons Why Most People Settle For Less / FG Grants Dangote Cement ₦22.32bn Tax Credit / FG Creating Billionaires Through Forex – Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.