Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,814 members, 7,810,126 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! (52123 Views)

Innjoo F2 Android Tablet Specifications, Features And Price -mymobnet! / Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet / MTN Nigeria Latest Internet Data Bundle With Upto 2.5GB Free Data -mymobnet.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 6:09pm On May 07, 2013
ddmenace:

I bought it in Abuja N39k. Teleworld TISL in New Banex Plaza. Phone is good. Battery is not that bad.

I bought it few hrs ago at Devices & Gadgets, Banex plaza 38k.
I'm still charging it sha. I will feed the house on the performances later.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 07, 2013
busoye19:

k man, we waitin. Pls Check out areas like: gamin, music, ba3, camera, also, i heard d ba3 is not removable.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 7:31pm On May 07, 2013
busoye19:
Pls take enuf time (atleast a week of heavy use) 2 thoroughly access d phone b4 giving ur review, it wud save alot of intending buyers d dissappiontment experienced with race bolt..
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Kamaye(m): 6:43am On May 08, 2013
I bought one of this gionee phones called PIONEER P1, it has an excellent battery life. However I'm disappointed with the the ram and internal memory of the phone, they said it has 512 MB RAM and 512 MB ROM but what you get is just 256mb ram and 105 mb available storage with just 65mb free for apps, Facebook, Twitter, opera mini, YouTube, and many other unnecessary apps all comes pre installed as system apps meaning you can't uninstall even if you don't need them. You can imagine how frustrating this will become, you can't multitask, you can't install anything useful on the phone. I am disappointed with the phone. Hope they will improve on their next budget phone.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 11:47am On May 08, 2013
Dream D1 Rocks...testing mode activated.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 11:52am On May 08, 2013
busoye19: Dream D1 Rocks...testing mode activated.
z d ba3 removable? Also check d ram size, how is d camera and d flash, d music, gamin?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by ddmenace: 2:55pm On May 08, 2013
beatbug: is d ba3 removable? And how long does 100% power last? Also, how is d music production on d phone? Thanks

I bought it for my woman but used it the first day. Battery wasn't bad that day, though u can't judge with one day use as I was paying attention to that (I plug in my fones when in d office so don't really check the battery longevity as long as it doesn't die on me). Music production is good. It accepts all 3.5mm headfones unlike some other phones. Will tell u more if I discover it

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 6:19am On May 10, 2013
Dream 1 pls?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 11:19am On May 10, 2013
peteonline: This is the specification of this brand new phone. See full review here http://www.mymobnet.com/gionee-dream-d1-review-specifications-features-and-price/ read the review to know why you should or should not buy it.

Gionee Dream D1 Features and Specifications:
Internet Connectivity: 3G/HSPA, EDGE (class 12), GPRS (class 12)
WLAN: WI-FI-802.11, WI-FI Hotspot
Bluetooth: v4.0 with A2DP
Display: 4.65”, HD Super AMOLED PLUS
Size: Gorilla glass 2, 130*67*8.6mm
Camera: 8.0MP primary and 1MP secondary. HD video recording
Operating System: Android OS 4.1.2 Jelly bean
CPU: Quad core 1.2GHz with Cortex A7
GPU: PowerVR series 5XT
RAM: 1GB
Internal: 4GB with up to 32GB expandable
GPS: Yes with AGPS support
Sensor: Proximity-sensor, G-sensor, E-compass, Light sensor
Compass: Digital compass
SIM Card: Dual SIM
Battery: 2100Mah

Source: http://www.mymobnet.com/gionee-dream-d1-review-specifications-features-and-price/
pls has any1 confirm dis specs? Handheld review. is d ba3 removeable?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Lawalmd(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2013
the battery is not removable check the r eview on YouTube
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by ddmenace: 7:08pm On May 10, 2013
beatbug: pls has any1 confirm dis specs? Handheld review. is d ba3 removeable?

The internal memory is 2GB not 4gb. Every other spec is correct. Battery is sealed inside the phone. I've used the phone the past 2 days, works like charm. Battery life is good too
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 10, 2013
ddmenace:

The internal memory is 2GB not 4gb. Every other spec is correct. Battery is sealed inside the phone. I've used the phone the past 2 days, works like charm. Battery life is good too
hmmm! Hope games wont lag on it. concealed ba3, hope it wont be a problem? Some dude said he is sellin 4 33k
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 8:15pm On May 10, 2013
The battery is okay at least for now. I charged the phone to 90% while I was going out in the morning around 10am. I still have about 60% when I came back home around 6pm. On moderate use though, I have my Facebook, YahooMail with 5 email accounts (I was receiving instant mails on all the account and I was responding to official ones), twitter, IM+ chat, facebook chat, whatsapp etc. All running.
That is all I can say for now.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 11:09pm On May 10, 2013
busoye19: The battery is okay at least for now. I charged the phone to 90% while I was going out in the morning around 10am. I still have about 60% when I came back home around 6pm. On moderate use though, I have my Facebook, YahooMail with 5 email accounts (I was receiving instant mails on all the account and I was responding to official ones), twitter, IM+ chat, facebook chat, whatsapp etc. All running.
That is all I can say for now.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 1:08am On May 11, 2013
I met dis guy in techno N7 thread, he said he wil sell for 33k. . . So, if u wan it now, call him, 08034795720. . .as 4 me am in crossriver state now, wil b comin in to lagos upper week.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 1:11am On May 11, 2013
Review by a heavy user pls Any 1?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Randerl: 12:35pm On May 11, 2013
Better to stick to Tecno. U cn always return defective devices, replace damaged parts and get enough after sales attention.

2. Tecno has more innovative products in d pipeline. They understand the Nigerian smartphone user and do realise that their sales come from the Nigerian market.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 1:02pm On May 15, 2013
@Busoye19
@ddmenace
Guys we need ur user review of dis phone pls. Help ur brodas decide, thenks.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 8:51am On May 16, 2013
quote author=TrebleChamp]@Busoye19
@ddmenace
Guys we need ur user review of dis phone pls. Help ur brodas decide, thenks.[/quote]

The Dream D1 has been wonderful. All applications are installed directly on memory card. The phone comes with 16gig memory card. 1gig ram, quad core, Super Amo-led screen (the graphics is superb), Gorrila glass 2, inbuilt battery of 2100mah capacity e. t. c
More testimonies to come.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by mrdrizzy(m): 12:05pm On May 16, 2013
busoye19: quote author=TrebleChamp]@Busoye19
@ddmenace

The Dream D1 has been wonderful. All applications are installed directly on memory card. The phone comes with 16gig memory card. 1gig ram, quad core, Super Amo-led screen (the graphics is superb), Gorrila glass 2, inbuilt battery of 2100mah capacity e. t. c
16gb mc wow thats nice,and antiscratch.nt bad.hw much did u get urs
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2013
busoye19:
Good to no bro, how is d ba3 life under heavy use e.g browsing, gaming and music (very important), and does it get hot under heavy use? Thenks
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 16, 2013
busoye19: quote author=TrebleChamp]@Busoye19
@ddmenace

DOES NOT SOUND AS TESTIMONY 2 ME........................
SUMFIN IS "FISHY"
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 9:50am On May 17, 2013
A note of caution guys, this phone (gionee dream d1) cannot be rooted by any means. The company said they did it to protect the waranty. If you are into rooting phones, this one is not for you oh.. Link http://tech2.in.com/reviews/smartphones/gionee-dream-d1-review/867652/1#story
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Rockcalvary(m): 6:11pm On May 17, 2013
Abeg ‎​Ψђ☺ know Wђε̲яε̲ ¶ fit get this phone for computer village? And ‎​Hº°˚˚˚°ºw much. Full details pls. Thanks
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 9:02pm On May 17, 2013
Rockcalvary: Abeg ‎​Ψђ☺ know Wђε̲яε̲ ¶ fit get this phone for computer village? And ‎​Hº°˚˚˚°ºw much. Full details pls. Thanks

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 9:19pm On May 17, 2013
TrebleChamp: Good to no bro, how is d ba3 life under heavy use e.g browsing, gaming and music (very important), and does it get hot under heavy use? Thenks

It doesn't get hot. I'm not game freak, but I have about 24 applications running with GPS on, push mail, push facebook and twitter notifications and automatic app update on google play. I listen to Tunein Radio, and the battery will still last for the whole day.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Rockcalvary(m): 11:42pm On May 17, 2013
busoye19:

Abeg Wђε̲яε̲ ¶ fit get am for computer village? Which shop? Cause ¶ spent the whole day there today and nobody had even heard about the phone before! It was really discouraging
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by texazzpete(m): 11:43pm On May 17, 2013
Basically, you'd have to be a fool to buy any of the Techno phones on sale in Nigeria over this one right now. This has a Quad core CPU, but more importantly, the PowerVR SGX544 GPU is quite powerful and should give graphics as good as the North American version of the Galaxy SIII. The RAM is decent, the screen is top notch, a 720p screen with resolution greater than the Tecno N7 et al.

At 38k, it's easily worth the 9k upgrade from the N7, especially if you love games.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by omobone(m): 4:14am On May 18, 2013
TrebleChamp: A note of caution guys, this phone (gionee dream d1) cannot be rooted by any means. The company said they did it to protect the waranty. If you are into rooting phones, this one is not for you oh.. Link http://tech2.in.com/reviews/smartphones/gionee-dream-d1-review/867652/1#story
The phone can be rooted. Follow this guide to root it. Please be warned that you do at your own risk. If you succeed in rooting it, please let us know.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2254543

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 9:16am On May 18, 2013
Rockcalvary:

Abeg Wђε̲яε̲ ¶ fit get am for computer village? Which shop? Cause ¶ spent the whole day there today and nobody had even heard about the phone before! It was really discouraging

Visit there facebook page @ GiONEE Mobile Nigeria and request for the Dealer's address in Lagos. If you don't buy from the Dealer, you may pay higher than 38k.
That was how I got mine in Abuja.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Rockcalvary(m): 9:31am On May 18, 2013
busoye19:

Visit there facebook page @ GiONEE Mobile Nigeria and request for the Dealer's address in Lagos. If you don't buy from the Dealer, you may pay higher than 38k.
That was how I got mine in Abuja.

Just checked out their facebook page. I'm seeing #46,500 oh!!! Hope I'm not on the wrong page oh!
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 9:54am On May 18, 2013
TrebleChamp: A note of caution guys, this phone (gionee dream d1) cannot be rooted by any means. The company said they did it to protect the waranty. If you are into rooting phones, this one is not for you oh.. Link http://tech2.in.com/reviews/smartphones/gionee-dream-d1-review/867652/1#story

The phone can be rooted Bro. Even at that, can someone tell me why I should root this phone. Since the apps are installed on the memory card. The phone comes with 1gig RAM and Jelly Bean OS with the option for update.
Someone should educate me Pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

iPhone 13 Pro Max Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) / The Best Android Phones That Cost N30,000 To N50,000 / Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.