Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! (52124 Views)

Innjoo F2 Android Tablet Specifications, Features And Price -mymobnet! / Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet / MTN Nigeria Latest Internet Data Bundle With Upto 2.5GB Free Data -mymobnet.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 11:36am On Jun 17, 2013
Smath: ....I hv download some of d files they listed there....

Which ones?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
chibuike123: when charging gets to 90% and above does the screen work freely or do u experience any lag or freezing(especially as regards typing and scrolling)

Currently playing a networked game so I am hooked up to the net and I am charging the phone via usb. At 96% no sign of slow down, instability or freezing.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by chibuike123(m): 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Currently playing a networked game so I am hooked up to the net and I am charging the phone via usb. At 96% no sign of slow down, instability or freezing.
so what could really be the problem with mine? haven't downloaded much with the phone other than social media apps like hangout,LinkedIn instagram and some browsers like ucweb and dolphins browser. besides I noticed this problem from the time I bought it in early may
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Smath(m): 3:46am On Jun 18, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Which ones?
Lord_Reed:

Which ones?
Lord_Reed:

Which ones?
.....I hv downloaded d all d files listed there....
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 6:58am On Jun 18, 2013
Smath: [b][/b].....I hv downloaded d all d files listed there....

Install the USB drivers onto your computer.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by eltido(m): 2:47am On Jun 19, 2013
I must get dis phone..pls slot outlet in benin city??
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by milee: 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
Please where can l get dream1 in lbadan and what is the current price now.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Rajgan4edu: 11:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Yeah the phone came with the flip case. I got it from Devices and Gadget at Banex Plaza. If you are familiar with the area you know the Banex with the Diamond Bank? Just walk towards the the other entrance gate (not the one near the bank)you'll see the shop, it has the Gionee brand on the outside.
pls, u must av been using the phone for a while now, wot can u say about d ba3 life, how long does it last under heavy usage, maybe 3g, or hd games? And d freezing some talked abt, how bad is it? Pls help
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 9:12am On Jun 21, 2013
Rajgan4edu: pls, u must av been using the phone for a while now, wot can u say about d ba3 life, how long does it last under heavy usage, maybe 3g, or hd games? And d freezing some talked abt, how bad is it? Pls help

Battery life is average under 3G and HD gaming. I once likened it to Blackberry battery expect full drain in 6 hours if you push it hard but if you follow battery saving tips it'll last the whole day.

As for freezing, I only experience freezing after I have opened like 3 - 4 HD games without exiting and then maybe a call comes in or maybe I change the system theme. However in under 30 secs it is back to itself again. Another thing to note is this doesn't happen frequently, I doubt an ordinary user should be encountering such except he/she has installed something that swallows system resource so you need to be careful what you install.

All in all a pretty good phone. I have experienced lagging in only one game so far and that was Batman (the newest one I think). If you are considering buying the Tecno F7 as well I would say only go for the F7 if your budget is highly constrained or else the Gionee is a better smartphone all round.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Manweysabi(m): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2013
Pls, my fone is telling me phone memory full, delete some application. How do i transfer applications from phone to SD card?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2013
Manweysabi: Pls, my fone is telling me phone memory full, delete some application. How do i transfer applications from phone to SD card?

The phone came with an app called one clean. Open it and tap on application move, you will see a list of apps that can be moved to the sd card.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Rajgan4edu: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Battery life is average under 3G and HD gaming. I once likened it to Blackberry battery expect full drain in 6 hours if you push it hard but if you follow battery saving tips it'll last the whole day.

As for freezing, I only experience freezing after I have opened like 3 - 4 HD games without exiting and then maybe a call comes in or maybe I change the system theme. However in under 30 secs it is back to itself again. Another thing to note is this doesn't happen frequently, I doubt an ordinary user should be encountering such except he/she has installed something that swallows system resource so you need to be careful what you install.

All in all a pretty good phone. I have experienced lagging in only one game so far and that was Batman (the newest one I think). If you are considering buying the Tecno F7 as well I would say only go for the F7 if your budget is highly constrained or else the Gionee is a better smartphone all round.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Rajgan4edu: 4:56pm On Jun 21, 2013
Lord_Reed:

thanks a whole lot 4 dis wonderful insight, i've been having comparism headache 4 a over a week nw, f7 vs d1, im nt a heavy user, i luv games, movies, and heavy browsing, daz y im very concerned abt d ba3 life and d display. Thanks 4 dis once again. Bt which camera is beta btw d f7 and dis d1? Pls
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2013
Rajgan4edu: thanks a whole lot 4 dis wonderful insight, i've been having comparism headache 4 a over a week nw, f7 vs d1, im nt a heavy user, i luv games, movies, and heavy browsing, daz y im very concerned abt d ba3 life and d display. Thanks 4 dis once again. Bt which camera is beta btw d f7 and dis d1? Pls

Camera samples from the F7 don't seem to be as good as from the D1 but you know the pictures are scaled down so it is hard to compare.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Rajgan4edu: 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Camera samples from the F7 don't seem to be as good as from the D1 but you know the pictures are scaled down so it is hard to compare.
thanks soo much Lord reed, no more doubts im getting dis phone. Am in ibadan, any idea where i can get it here, and pls can i av ur number?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by chymystique(f): 6:45pm On Jun 21, 2013
Lord Reed, am finkin. gettin a Uk used Samsung Galaxy S3 and dis Gionee which is better? Am advised nt to get et cos dey dnt ve any customer center in Naija
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2013
Rajgan4edu: thanks soo much Lord reed, no more doubts im getting dis phone. Am in ibadan, any idea where i can get it here, and pls can i av ur number?

Have no clue as to getting it in In but Lagos is just a ride away.

My no 08052256768
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 7:20pm On Jun 21, 2013
chymystique: Lord Reed, am finkin. gettin a Uk used Samsung Galaxy S3 and dis Gionee which is better? Am advised nt to get et cos dey dnt ve any customer center in Naija

The S3 is a great buy go for it if money is not a barrier. I just want BlackBerry to release bbm for Android so that I can change my BlackBerry for at least a Note II. For my first droid this Dream D1 is not bad at all.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by omobone(m): 7:24pm On Jun 21, 2013
I heard some people are having issues with display drivers on the F7...with Fifa 12 showing a discoloration. Hope its not like that with this phone?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 7:31pm On Jun 21, 2013
omobone: I heard some people are having issues with display drivers on the F7...with Fifa 12 showing a discoloration. Hope its not like that with this phone?

I haven't experienced any such but I haven't got Fifa 12 so I can't be specific.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by elijahdre(m): 9:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
gionee dream D1 still much available at 38500.techno f7 at 33k.we do delivery to your doorstep.call me now or add to watsapp.08034795720.If you need a delivery outside Lagos,give a call too.

watch out for gionee e3.16gb internal memory.wow
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by nadozgmail: 7:59am On Jun 22, 2013
Godvilla: Hahahahahahhhahahahaaaa.....
cheesy
dnt make me laugh pls!!!
U rilly dnt knw anytin abt cores....
Neither do u knw anytin abt SONY S arc. For ur info dat's my current fone and i just upgraded it 2 Jelly bean. It came out of the box with ICS and not Ginger bread *FACT*
and as for the screen size.... There's no diff cos cos they r almost identical. Iv compared it wit a SGS3. SGS3 is a lil longer.......
Finally, i got mine 42K *Brand new* last yr OCtober but d price is 40K as @ nw u might get it 38-39K if u r lucky.
I planned 2 upgrade my fone wen Google Nexus 5 is out. *35K SONY XPERIA*

I beg u bro I want a sony xperia S and I don't knw hw much I can buy it for or where pls contact me if u have a clue. Add me on watsapp 07035545642 d numba may nt go through if u call it due to my present location or call 08028915520,
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 8:26am On Jun 22, 2013
elijahdre: gionee dream D1 still much available at 38500.techno f7 at 33k.we do delivery to your doorstep.call me now or add to watsapp.08034795720.If you need a delivery outside Lagos,give a call too.

watch out for gionee e3.16gb internal memory.wow

The e3 has a 1800mah battery powering a quad core chip and a 4.7 in screen, don't be surprised when your customers start complaining of battery life and calling you a scammer.

Read the review of the battery life:

[url]tech2.in.com/reviews/smartphones/gionee-elife-e3-review/875908/1#story[/url]
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 8:39am On Jun 22, 2013
nadoz@gmail:
I beg u bro I want a sony xperia S and I don't knw hw much I can buy it for or where pls contact me if u have a clue. Add me on watsapp 07035545642 d numba may nt go through if u call it due to my present location or call 08028915520,

Guy the phone he is talking about is the Xperia Arc S not the Xperia S big difference. The Arc is 42k at Affordables while the S is 58k. *ready your dough*
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 22, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Guy the phone he is talking about is the Xperia Arc S not the Xperia S big difference. The Arc is 42k at Affordables while the S is 58k. *ready your dough*
Well, i just had a chat with him on whatsapp. He can boldly confirm 2 u the phone am talking about.
U are only been clouded by unbelieve.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 22, 2013
Lord_Reed:

The e3 has a 1800mah battery powering a quad core chip and a 4.7 in screen, don't be surprised when your customers start complaining of battery life and calling you a scammer.

Read the review of the battery life:

[url]tech2.in.com/reviews/smartphones/gionee-elife-e3-review/875908/1#story[/url]
I was shocked to the marrow wen i got dis review info last week.
Seriously, hw culd a revamped device bat3 get a bat3 cut wen its predecessor had a 2100mAh bat3. 2700mAh shuld hav been the perfect notch!!!
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 10:29am On Jun 22, 2013
Godvilla: Well, i just had a chat with him on whatsapp. He can boldly confirm 2 u the phone am talking about.
U are only been clouded by unbelieve.

How did you convince him? Sent him pix? Oyah whatsapp me on 08038023163.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 10:31am On Jun 22, 2013
Godvilla: I was shocked to the marrow wen i got dis review info last week.
Seriously, hw culd a revamped device bat3 get a bat3 cut wen its predecessor had a 2100mAh bat3. 2700mAh shuld hav been the perfect notch!!!

Exactly, 2700mAh should have been minimum on these kinds of phones.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by eltido(m): 2:39pm On Jun 22, 2013
Pls lord reed du you knw any trust worthy individual wit a biz name and face that kn mk delivery of d dream d1 for me
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2013
eltido: Pls lord reed du you knw any trust worthy individual wit a biz name and face that kn mk delivery of d dream d1 for me

Where are you?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by eltido(m): 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2013
I'm in benin city

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

The Best Android Phones That Cost N30,000 To N50,000 / Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / Lady Takes Android To Computer Village For Fixing & Returns With Iphone (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.