Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! (52165 Views)

Innjoo F2 Android Tablet Specifications, Features And Price -mymobnet! / Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet / MTN Nigeria Latest Internet Data Bundle With Upto 2.5GB Free Data -mymobnet.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 12:27pm On May 18, 2013
busoye19:
The phone can be rooted Bro. Even at that, can someone tell me why I should root this phone. Since the apps are installed on the memory card. The phone comes with 1gig RAM and Jelly Bean OS with the option for update.
Someone should educate me Pls.
Am not into rooting tinz either nd dis phone is perfect 4 me. I came across dat review nd decided 2 let d peeps who cant do without rooting know, turns out it can b rooted afterall. My only worry is d non removable battery.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 3:40pm On May 18, 2013
TrebleChamp: Am not into rooting tinz either nd dis phone is perfect 4 me. I came across dat review nd decided 2 let d peeps who cant do without rooting know, turns out it can b rooted afterall. My only worry is d non removable battery.

Bro, non removable battery is not an issue. Some of the modern high-end Android Phones have their batteries non-removable.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 18, 2013
busoye19:

Bro, non removable battery is not an issue. Some of the modern high-end Android Phones have their batteries non-removable.
such phones r not meant for our interruptable power environment, u might need xtra ba3 wen moving to som localities, Besides, how about situations dat requires ba3 pull due to som heavy apps. not allowin power turn-off then wat wil u do? Smash it on d floor?mcheeew
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 9:03pm On May 18, 2013
busoye19:
Key words 'high-end'. Anyway u are currently using it so u no wat u are saying. l currently use samsung galaxy s2 t-mobile, but the reason am lukin at all dis affordable phones (including tecno) is because of the dual sim functionality. May have to wait a little b4 buying just to see wat the f7 is coming with.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by omobone(m): 12:12am On May 19, 2013
beatbug: such phones r not meant for our interruptible power environment, u might need extra ba3 wen moving to som localities, Besides, how about situations dat requires ba3 pull due to som heavy apps. not allowing power turn-off then wat wil u do? Smash it on d floor?mcheeew

As for needing extra batteries, I never worry about that since you have POWERBANKS available. I use one with my BB. A fully charged 5600mah power bank charges my BB Curve 4 three times(Each from flat to full). So, we should worry about how to reset it when you have poorly written apps that may hang the phone preventing it from turning off. But, I believe there must be a way. Besides, google is our friend. We can start by applying the method used in resetting phones like Sony Xperia Acro S(which has a non-removable battery too) and see if it works since they are both are Droids.

3 Likes

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by arthuryemi(m): 9:53am On May 23, 2013
[quote author=texazzpete]Basically, you'd have to be a fool to buy any of the Techno phones on sale in Nigeria over this one right now. This has a Quad core CPU,
i am of the opinion that tecno f7 is tryin to draw our attention to d fact dat u cannot run a quard core on a 2100 ah battery wit out having poor ba3 perfomance and heating up. i stand to b corrected with out insults.let someone who isnt a marketer check the battery again
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by arthuryemi(m): 9:54am On May 23, 2013
i am of the opinion that tecno f7 is tryin to draw our attention to d fact dat u cannot run a quard core on a 2100 ah battery wit out having poor ba3 perfomance and heating up. i stand to b corrected with out insults.let someone who isnt a marketer check the battery again
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Namzy(m): 10:44am On May 29, 2013
Nice phone with ok battery life, hard to find though
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Namzy(m): 10:47am On May 29, 2013
And already rooted
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by arthuryemi(m): 6:30pm On May 29, 2013
Namzy: Nice phone with ok battery life, hard to find though
@namzy &bisoye i read on an indian site the phone lags a bit and screen frizes atimes because of poor softwears optimization.is it true.i love d fone but scared because of my experience wt race blot
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Namzy(m): 1:05am On May 30, 2013
The lag is not noticeable but if that worries you use can install nova launcher which I did
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by omobone(m): 3:36am On May 30, 2013
Namzy: The lag is not noticeable but if that worries you use can install nova launcher which I did

How about the Game performance of the phone? Does it handle HD games well? How much is it and where can I get it in Lagos?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Graphene(m): 12:29pm On May 30, 2013
Godvilla: huh
SONY XPERIA S arc is 40K with better specs............

this guy needs a doctor
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Namzy(m): 6:22pm On May 30, 2013
omobone:

How about the Game performance of the phone? Does it handle HD games well? How much is it and where can I get it in Lagos?
Hd game's a breeze got it for N41k for ikeja after walking round the whole computer village 3 times. Was telling the girl to sell lower and she didn't bulge after walking round had to buy it. She got it from another shop will text you the number later
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Namzy(m): 6:26pm On May 30, 2013
Came with a phone case and was sealed fifa 12 and modern combat plays without lag got 12112 on antutu benchmark
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 30, 2013
Graphene:

this guy needs a doctor
Get me ur prove....
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by olusolajoel(m): 8:44pm On May 30, 2013
please, where can i get the GIONEE DREAM D1 in benin city? i really like the specs and i want 2 get one
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 5:49pm On May 31, 2013
Why is this phone so hard to find in the market? This Gionee people are not serious with there bizness in Naija at all..
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by omobone(m): 8:46pm On May 31, 2013
TrebleChamp: Why is this phone so hard to find in the market? This Gionee people are not serious with there bizness in Naija at all..

You can call any of the following numbers
Finet Computer Village: 08032489090
You can also contact this guy: 08034795720

Just do well to come give us your "User review".

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by bigpips(m): 9:36am On Jun 01, 2013
omobone:

All we keep seeing everywhere is Finet and a number to call and place order(esp on your facebook page).Publish your address,I have to see what I am buying before I pay and not the other way round.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 11:23am On Jun 01, 2013
This phone is amazing. It Dropped on a rough surface yesterday, I was expecting scratches as usual. lo and behold, I picked it up and there was no single scratch, even with the impact on the ground.
I observed that, the body of this phone is made of rugged and anti scratch film. It may not need any body cover or protection.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by bigpips(m): 1:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
busoye19: This phone is amazing. It Dropped on a rough surface yesterday, I was expecting scratches as usual. lo and behold, I picked it up and there was no single scratch, even with the impact on the ground.
I observed that, the body of this phone is made of rugged and anti scratch film. It may not need any body cover or protection.
Nice.Where did u get yours pls and for how much?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by busoye19: 2:40pm On Jun 01, 2013
bigpips:
Nice.Where did u get yours pls and for how much?

I bought it at Abuja. Device & Gadgets, Banex Plaza Abuja. It's 38k.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 4:53pm On Jun 01, 2013
To put some of the amazing specs of this phone into perspective: not even Samsung puts gorilla glass or quad core (even though its A7 but still) on their mid-range phones and the GPU the D1 uses is in the same class as the GPU in the Galaxy S4 although I doubt it is multi-cored like that of the Galaxy but still it is amazing.

I guess the only thing that will hold this baby back is software optimisation but for a mid-ranger this phone is a damn good bargain.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 5:43pm On Jun 01, 2013
omobone:
Why wont they make this phone available to a lot of marketers so one can easily buy it at any major shop in computer village or nationwide? A phone as gud as this (spec wise) is so hard to find in the market, does make any sense 2 me..
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 5:56pm On Jun 01, 2013
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 6:08pm On Jun 01, 2013
TrebleChamp: Why wont they make this phone available to a lot of marketers so one can easily buy it at any major shop in computer village or nationwide? A phone as gud as this (spec wise) is so hard to find in the market, does make any sense 2 me..

Do you think it is easy to take a chance on a new product when you already are committed to selling proven market leaders? A seller wants to know that his market will move and is not so interested in specs. Any mobile phone seller will pick Samsung products over Gionee until Gionee becomes a household name.

I think if you really want this phone you'll go and comb computer village till you get it. As for me come monday I am off to Banex plaza Abuja to get mine.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2013
Lord_Reed: Benchmarks for the D1:
www.droidextra.org/2013/04/18/gionee-dream-d1-benchmarks-scores.html
Na end user review mata pass
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 7:36pm On Jun 01, 2013
TrebleChamp: Na end user review mata pass

2 people here have bought it and said it is a decent phone. I think it is but don't worry I will give you my hands on thoughts on Tuesday after I have bought it.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 8:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
busoye19:

I bought it at Abuja. Device & Gadgets, Banex Plaza Abuja. It's 38k.

Abeg clear me again, where exactly is Device & Gadgets? Is the same Banex with Slot or the one opposite Slot? I want to go there on Monday.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2013
Lord_Reed:
2 people here have bought it and said it is a decent phone. I think it is but don't worry I will give you my hands on thoughts on Tuesday after I have bought it.
Waiting, but so you know i tink the device is awesome. Am just suprise nd pissed dat you can't buy it at major phone shop. I was at c.villge last week for dis device, checked micro station, mizbeach and some smaller shops but couldn't find it. Infact alot of shops i visited don't even know d device.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2013
TrebleChamp: Waiting, but so you know i tink the device is awesome. Am just suprise nd pissed dat you can't buy it at major phone shop. I was at c.villge last week for dis device, checked micro station, mizbeach and some smaller shops but couldn't find it. Infact alot of shops i visited don't even know d device.

Eyah. Ask the other guy who got it from computer village where the shop is exactly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Takes Android To Computer Village For Fixing & Returns With Iphone (vid) / Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / Iphone 14: India Man Flies To Dubai To Buy Apple Gadget Early ( Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.