Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! (52143 Views)

Innjoo F2 Android Tablet Specifications, Features And Price -mymobnet! / Ativ Q - Samsung Win8 & Android Jelly-Bean Tablet / MTN Nigeria Latest Internet Data Bundle With Upto 2.5GB Free Data -mymobnet.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by s3nn2x(m): 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Very incorrect information. See below:

http://www.etotalk.com/gionee-gn878-android41-quad-core-12ghz-dual-sim-47-inch-hd_p3771.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Gionee-GN878-Quad-Core-CPU-1GB-RAM-4GB-ROM-4-65-Super-AMOLED-PLUS-A-GPS/212691_815680983.html
And those disputing my statement should read the report on gionee from aliexpress.com. I was not wrong! Drizzy and co, The almighty Aliexpress stated that Gionee is the third highest selling phone brand in China after Nokia and Samsung. Just because you don't know about product does not mean the product does not exist. Thanks a lot, Lord Reed! The links you posted have lots of pics of the phone there.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by elijahdre(m): 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2013
gionee dream D1 still much available at 38500.techno f7 at 33k.we do delivery to your doorstep.call me now or add to watsapp.08034795720.

watch out for gionee e3.16gb internal memory.wow

1 Like

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by mrdrizzy(m): 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2013
s3nn2x: And those disputing my statement should read the report on gionee from aliexpress.com. I was not wrong! Drizzy and co, The almighty Aliexpress stated that Gionee is the third highest selling phone brand in China after Nokia and Samsung. Just because you don't know about product does not mean the product does not exist. Thanks a lot, Lord Reed! The links you posted have lots of pics of the phone there.
no be 2nd u talk b4 mstsheew
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by s3nn2x(m): 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
mr.drizzy:
no be 2nd u talk b4 mstsheew
I was not wrong. Gionee Mobile is actually the 3rd highest selling 2G phone maker in China after Nokia and Samsung, while it is the 2nd Highest selling GSM brand in China after Samsung http://www.gioneemobile.co/category/About%20us/ I expected you to admit that you were wrong.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by sixone: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2013
Godvilla: Hahahahahah....... Am laughing in Cantonese cheesy
Get a D1 and meet me face 2 face, lets boil it down physically and not Benchmarks.

You this Godvilla, you are a very evil human i swear. Why deceive pple and always write rubbish in every phone thread? You are using a sony xperia arc s but keep saying u are using an xperia s which isn't true. Now here's the specs for ur outdated xperia arc s:

2G
Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G
Network HSDPA 900 / 2100 - LT18i
HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 / 800 -
LT18a
SIM Mini-SIM
Announced 2011, August
Status Available. Released 2011, September
BODY Dimensions 125 x 63 x 8.7 mm (4.92 x 2.48 x 0.34
in)
Weight 117 g (4.13 oz)
DISPLAY Type LED-backlit LCD, capacitive touchscreen,
16M colors
Size 480 x 854 pixels, 4.2 inches (~233 ppi
pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
Protection Scratch-resistant glass
- Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine
- Timescape UI
SOUND Alert types Vibration; MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB, 8 GB included
Internal 1 GB (320 MB user available), 512 MB RAM
DATA GPRS Up to 86 kbps
EDGE Up to 237 kbps
Speed HSDPA, 14.4 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.8 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth Yes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go
CAMERA Primary 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED
flash, check quality
Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile
detection, 3D sweep panorama, image
stabilization
Video Yes, 720p@30fps, video stabilization,
check quality
Secondary No
FEATURES OS Android OS, v2.3.4 (Gingerbread), v4.0.4
(Ice Cream Sandwich), not upgradable to
v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8255T Snapdragon
CPU 1.4 GHz Scorpion
GPU Adreno 205
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push
Email
Browser HTML, Adobe Flash
Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support; GLONASS
Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Colors Pure White, Midnight Blue, Misty Silver,
Gloss Black, Sakura Pink
- HDMI port
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated
mic
- MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
- MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player
- TrackID music recognition
- NeoReader barcode scanner
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk
- Facebook and Twitter integration
- Document viewer
- Voice memo/dial/commands
- Predictive text input
BATTERY Li-Po 1500 mAh battery
Stand-by Up to 460 h (2G) / Up to 460 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 7 h 25 min (2G) / Up to 7 h 35 min
(3G)
Music
play Up to 37 h
MISC SAR EU 0.66 W/kg (head)
Price
group
TESTS Loudspeaker Voice 67dB / Noise 65dB / Ring 76dB
Audio quality Noise -89.3dB / Crosstalk -90.2dB
Camera Photo / Video.

Ur old xperia has 512 mb ram which cannot be compared to gionee's 1gig. Ur old xperia has a 1500mah battery which again cannot be compared to gionee's 2100mah. Your phone is a single core fone whine Gionee has quadcore.. Your fone has 1 gig internal memory. Just shut the heck up and give ur outdated arc S to ur little niece ok. BTW, china's economy has eclipsed even that of US. Its natural most goods seen in the world will be comming from china. Don't see how japan( sony) and korea ( samsung) are doing better than China. Its only a matter of time before china monopolizes the world market as they are producing cheaper substitute goods with durabilty and what have you.

Stop all this ur bullshit talk abt sony and trying to downgrade gionee. My friend that bought samsung galaxy s4, one with s3 and anoda one using iphone 5 were wowed wen they saw gionee. S4 already thinking of ditching his 100k+ fone for 38k gionee cos gionee does pretty well every basic thing his fone can do + play hd games too.
Peace out

4 Likes

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by TrebleChamp(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
@Six one Well written bro, chinese smartphone companies are improving. I used a friend's galaxy s3 running android 4.1 JB yesterday nd notice d phone get hot under heavy use. Also d ba3 drained 4rm 94% to 11% just under 5hrs. D gs3 is a quadcore phone with 1gb ram, yet people complain about tecno nd co getting hot. Even my gs2 t-mobile (wich i had since giving 2 my 6sta after deciding to buy d dream d1) get hot under heavy use. Am just interested in buying a gud dual sim android phone dat meet my needs..
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by chibuike123(m): 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
@lord-reed pls where do I get the ADB drivers for installation? pls talk me through this slowly cos am literally a novice at these things. thanks waiting for reply in anticipation.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by DrDre1(m): 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
amAZEing: grin

*performs dust to dust rites on Tecno et al*

Welcum to da Resurrection.

This comment cracks me up everytime grin
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
chibuike123: @lord-reed pls where do I get the ADB drivers for installation? pls talk me through this slowly cos am literally a novice at these things. thanks waiting for reply in anticipation.

Follow the instructions in that xda page I posted. If you have any trouble lemme know.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by s3nn2x(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
@Lord Reed, I was going through this thread 'Again' and I saw a the picture of you phone with a flip case, my question is, did the flip case come with the phone? Or how much did you get it? I am also in Abuja.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
s3nn2x: @Lord Reed, I was going through this thread 'Again' and I saw a the picture of you phone with a flip case, my question is, did the flip case come with the phone? Or how much did you get it? I am also in Abuja.

Yeah the phone came with the flip case. I got it from Devices and Gadget at Banex Plaza. If you are familiar with the area you know the Banex with the Diamond Bank? Just walk towards the the other entrance gate (not the one near the bank)you'll see the shop, it has the Gionee brand on the outside.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by s3nn2x(m): 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Yeah the phone came with the flip case. I got it from Devices and Gadget at Banex Plaza. If you are familiar with the area you know the Banex with the Diamond Bank? Just walk towards the the other entrance gate (not the one near the bank)you'll see the shop, it has the Gionee brand on the outside.
Thanks!
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
Running a PSP emulator PPSSPP. Nice and smooth, so far. Still testing.

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
six one:

You this Godvilla, you are a very evil human i swear. Why deceive pple and always write rubbish in every phone thread? You are using a sony xperia arc s but keep saying u are using an xperia s which isn't true. Now here's the specs for ur outdated xperia arc s:

2G
Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G
Network HSDPA 900 / 2100 - LT18i
HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 / 800 -
LT18a
SIM Mini-SIM
Announced 2011, August
Status Available. Released 2011, September
BODY Dimensions 125 x 63 x 8.7 mm (4.92 x 2.48 x 0.34
in)
Weight 117 g (4.13 oz)
DISPLAY Type LED-backlit LCD, capacitive touchscreen,
16M colors
Size 480 x 854 pixels, 4.2 inches (~233 ppi
pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
Protection Scratch-resistant glass
- Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine
- Timescape UI
SOUND Alert types Vibration; MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB, 8 GB included
Internal 1 GB (320 MB user available), 512 MB RAM
DATA GPRS Up to 86 kbps
EDGE Up to 237 kbps
Speed HSDPA, 14.4 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.8 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth Yes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go
CAMERA Primary 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED
flash, check quality
Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile
detection, 3D sweep panorama, image
stabilization
Video Yes, 720p@30fps, video stabilization,
check quality
Secondary No
FEATURES OS Android OS, v2.3.4 (Gingerbread), v4.0.4
(Ice Cream Sandwich), not upgradable to
v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8255T Snapdragon
CPU 1.4 GHz Scorpion
GPU Adreno 205
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push
Email
Browser HTML, Adobe Flash
Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support; GLONASS
Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Colors Pure White, Midnight Blue, Misty Silver,
Gloss Black, Sakura Pink
- HDMI port
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated
mic
- MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
- MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player
- TrackID music recognition
- NeoReader barcode scanner
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk
- Facebook and Twitter integration
- Document viewer
- Voice memo/dial/commands
- Predictive text input
BATTERY Li-Po 1500 mAh battery
Stand-by Up to 460 h (2G) / Up to 460 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 7 h 25 min (2G) / Up to 7 h 35 min
(3G)
Music
play Up to 37 h
MISC SAR EU 0.66 W/kg (head)
Price
group
TESTS Loudspeaker Voice 67dB / Noise 65dB / Ring 76dB
Audio quality Noise -89.3dB / Crosstalk -90.2dB
Camera Photo / Video.

Ur old xperia has 512 mb ram which cannot be compared to gionee's 1gig. Ur old xperia has a 1500mah battery which again cannot be compared to gionee's 2100mah. Your phone is a single core fone whine Gionee has quadcore.. Your fone has 1 gig internal memory. Just shut the heck up and give ur outdated arc S to ur little niece ok. BTW, china's economy has eclipsed even that of US. Its natural most goods seen in the world will be comming from china. Don't see how japan( sony) and korea ( samsung) are doing better than China. Its only a matter of time before china monopolizes the world market as they are producing cheaper substitute goods with durabilty and what have you.

Stop all this ur bullshit talk abt sony and trying to downgrade gionee. My friend that bought samsung galaxy s4, one with s3 and anoda one using iphone 5 were wowed wen they saw gionee. S4 already thinking of ditching his 100k+ fone for 38k gionee cos gionee does pretty well every basic thing his fone can do + play hd games too.
Peace out
Stands afar off and takes a pic of dis ....wateva ur name is with my SONY XPERIA S... U got dat?
I live in festac..... Inbox me and i'll giv u the address 2 my crib.
Make sure u visit slot 2 compare the Xperia s and s arc. So wen i giv u my phone 2 handle, u'll knw i aint deceiving ur pathetic life!!!
BTW, tell me who's the BIG liar here!
Nobody wuld eva dump samsung G4 for a gionee device......
Am sure u r yet 2 see a real sammySG4 or get 2 knw abt its features, specs..... Hardware and software functions. SMH vigourously..........
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Smath(m): 3:32am On Jun 13, 2013
Lord_Reed: Finally got root!
..pls bro how did you root yours because I want to root mine but someone told me that it can't be rooted...possess help me out
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 9:46am On Jun 13, 2013
Smath: ..pls bro how did you root yours because I want to root mine but someone told me that it can't be rooted...possess help me out

Follow the instructions on here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2254543

If you need help lemme know.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by ddmenace: 8:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
s3nn2x: @Lord Reed, I was going through this thread 'Again' and I saw a the picture of you phone with a flip case, my question is, did the flip case come with the phone? Or how much did you get it? I am also in Abuja.
Yea it comes with the flip case and screen protector film inside the sealed pack. I can get it for you @ N38k. Call/text me 08095163804. Cheers. The phone is good, no long sermon needed.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by chymystique(f): 8:05am On Jun 14, 2013
I want to buy an android phone and a frnd advised me to buy dis Gionee Dream D1.. Am nt a phone app person.. Wah am intrested in is d Camera Quality.. Pls is d camera quality almost as good as Samsung Galaxy S3?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 9:24am On Jun 14, 2013
chymystique: I want to buy an android phone and a frnd advised me to buy dis Gionee Dream D1.. Am nt a phone app person.. Wah am intrested in is d Camera Quality.. Pls is d camera quality almost as good as Samsung Galaxy S3?

That I can't say but the camera is pretty darn good for a chinko phone. Even the low light performance is astounding considering. Check out my previous posts:

https://www.nairaland.com/1271854/gionee-dream-d1-jelly-bean/4#16053839

https://www.nairaland.com/1271854/gionee-dream-d1-jelly-bean/4#16054165

https://www.nairaland.com/1271854/gionee-dream-d1-jelly-bean/4#16054710

https://www.nairaland.com/1271854/gionee-dream-d1-jelly-bean/4#16060238
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 9:30am On Jun 14, 2013
BTW 2 of my friends have bought this phone after seeing mine. One is a banker with a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, BlackBerry Torch 2 and an S Duos. The other has a HTC Desire V.

The phone is a very good buy IMO.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by chymystique(f): 9:43am On Jun 14, 2013
Lord_Reed: BTW 2 of my friends have bought this phone after seeing mine. One is a banker with a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, BlackBerry Torch 2 and an S Duos. The other has a HTC Desire V.

The phone is a very good buy IMO.

Tanxx.. Gettin et ryt away cool
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by keems: 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
hi guys, tout i should let you know that gionne elife e3 is the latest offering from the manufacturer, a 7.9mm supper slim device( same size with galaxy s4) packing a 1.2 ghtz quacore cpu etc, supper amoled plus (HD0 display etc. check it out @ http://gionee.co.in/?portfolio=e3-2

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Stakekay1(m): 9:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
Nice phone but the battery life is poor 1800mAh.Though battery is removable.I think the phone is a good one
keems: hi guys, tout i should let you know that gionne elife e3 is the latest offering from the manufacturer, a 7.9mm supper slim device( same size with galaxy s4) packing a 1.2 ghtz quacore cpu etc, supper amoled plus (HD0 display etc. check it out @ http://gionee.co.in/?portfolio=e3-2
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by keems: 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2013
i prefer to wait till the elife e3 get to Nigeria. just lunch in india may ending, its pack quadcore cpu and highner specs plus supper slim size 7.9mm and comes in variety of colors to choose from. ITS A BEAUTY WORTH WAITING FOR

Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by jmaine: 9:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
The dual sim stand by mode is a deal breaker for me sad, would have loved to try it out
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Smath(m): 5:04am On Jun 16, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Follow the instructions on here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2254543

If you need help lemme know.
...please bro can you help me because i can't seem to understand ooo before i damage my phone....i haven't done this before...please help me out and i will be so so grateful.Thanks
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 11:08am On Jun 16, 2013
Smath: ...please bro can you help me because i can't seem to understand ooo before i damage my phone....i haven't done this before...please help me out and i will be so so grateful.Thanks

Have you downloaded all the software required?
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by chibuike123(m): 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
pls does anyone's Gionee dream d1 lag or freeze while charging? I've experienced this with mine & I want to know if it is a general issue or peculiar to mine. scrolling and typing on the screen becomes difficult and profusely frustrating especially at the late stages of charging say from 95 to100%. thanks in anticipation for a response
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by LordReed(m): 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2013
chibuike123: pls does anyone's Gionee dream d1 lag or freeze while charging? I've experienced this with mine & I want to know if it is a general issue or peculiar to mine. scrolling and typing on the screen becomes difficult and profusely frustrating especially at the late stages of charging say from 95 to100%. thanks in anticipation for a response

Mine doesn't. Check the apps running in the background, you might have installed some apps with heavy background presence.
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by chibuike123(m): 7:18am On Jun 17, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Mine doesn't. Check the apps running in the background, you might have installed some apps with heavy background presence.
when charging gets to 90% and above does the screen work freely or do u experience any lag or freezing(especially as regards typing and scrolling)
Re: Gionee Dream D1 Jelly Bean Review And Specification -Mymobnet! by Smath(m): 11:32am On Jun 17, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Have you downloaded all the software required?
....I hv download some of d files they listed there....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

iPhone 13 Pro Max Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) / Lady Takes Android To Computer Village For Fixing & Returns With Iphone (vid) / Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.