Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,588 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi (18413 Views)

Capital Oil, Cabal And Grounding Of Nigerian Economy / Grounding Of Amaechi’s Aircraft Illegal — Reps / NAMA Explains Grounding Of Oshiomole's Flight. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by Bkl4real: 10:29pm On Apr 27, 2013
The Grounding of Rivers State Aircraft: My Story —- Governor Amaechi

Rivers State Government explains how the Federal Government grounded its Bombardier jet at Akure Airport

We had set out from Abuja in the morning of Friday April 26, 2013 to Imo State to attend the funeral rites of the younger sister of the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives Hon. Emeka Ihedioha. Our plane, a Bombardier jet owned by the Rivers State Government, landed at the airport in Owerri. It was in Owerri that the pilot of our plane was first tipped off that there is a plot to ground our plane in Owerri that friday.

Fortunately for us, we took off from Owerri airport and arrived at Akure airport en-route to Ekiti for the burial of the Deputy Governor of Ekiti State Funmilayo Olayinka without any incident. On the flight to Akure was the Speaker of the House of Representatives Rt. Hon. Aminu Tambuwal who we met in Imo State and was also heading to Ekiti for the burial of Mrs Olayinka. Also on the flight were the Governor of Rivers State Rt. Hon, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, the Director-General Nigeria Governors Forum(NGF) Asishana Bayo Okauru, Kalabari prince and politician Prince Tonye Princewill, some aides of the Governor and me.

Once our party left the Akure airport for Ekiti, our pilot went to the airport offices to make statutory airport payments and fees, file his flight plan and declare his manifest. After filing his fight plan and declaring his manifest, our pilot was told to go and see the Controller. The Controller bluntly told him that the Rivers Government plane would not be allowed to leave the airport. In other words, the plane had been grounded! He said that the plane should have been grounded in Owerri. The Controller on duty at the airport in Akure mentioned some vague issues relating to the customs papers of the plane, which has been flying in Nigeria for many months? That didn’t make any sense to the pilot. He enquired on whose orders the plane was being grounded, he was told that it was the Managing Director of the Nigerian Airspace Management Authority (NAMA). And that he should reach the NAMA MD.

By the time our party, which now included four House of Representatives Honourable members- Mohammed Sani Idris Kutigi, Daniel Rayeineju, Idris Ahmed Wase and Ifedayo Abegunde- returned to the Akure airport, there was confusion everywhere. Speaker Tambuwal, the Honourable members and Governor Amaechi and his team, were all stranded at the airport. The plane that brought Speaker Tambuwal and Governor Amaechi to Akure could not leave Akure airport. Calls were being made as these two democratically elected leaders, furious and perplexed, tried to fathom what could have caused this monumental embarrassment to them and their offices.

After trying fruitlessly for some time to get the plane released, Speaker Tambuwal then offered to fly Governor Amaechi to Port Harcourt with the plane(another small aircraft) that brought the other four Honourable members to Akure. To accommodate Governor Amaechi in the small aircraft, one of the House of Representatives members offered his seat to the Governor .

The pilot of the Rivers State Government plane was already locking up the aircraft for us to leave for Lagos by road when a call eventually came through that the plane could now leave. The Controller received a directive to allow the plane fly out of Akure. The decision to let us go, we later learnt, was due to the pressure brought on the aviation authorities by Speaker Tambuwal.

It is indeed most shameful and ludicrous that NAMA and the Aviation authorities are now saying that they grounded the Rivers State Government plane because the pilot did not file a flight plan and declare a manifest. That’s a blatant lie. A big fat one at that. The pilot filed the flight plan and manifest, and paid all the statutory airport fees and charges shortly after the plane arrived at the Akure airport in the afternoon. If the pilot filed a flight plan and manifest at the airports in Abuja and Owerri, where he flew from same day, why won’t he then do the same in Akure? It is instructive to note that all through the traumatic time we spent in Akure, no official of the airport or aviation staff came to tell Governor Amaechi that we were grounded because our pilot “refused to file a flight plan and manifest.” All they kept saying was that they were just obeying directives, it was beyond them and we should call Abuja. Speaker Tambuwal and the other four members of the House of Representatives are living witnesses to that charade.

NAMA and the aviation authorities should explain to Nigerians why an aircraft owned by a State government, that flew the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal and a democratically elected Governor of a State who also the chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, would be grounded at an airport for no just cause?

DAVID IYOFOR
Chief Press Secretary
To The Rivers State Governor

April 27, 2013

http://www.ediong.org/post/49033545436/rivers-state-government-explains-how-the-federal#_

3 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
Hahahahaahaha, You never start! When the masses are scrambling on how to catch a night bus to their destinations, Amaechi is going to Press to re-enact how his Jet was grounded. Is he searching for love amongst the masses or the Presidency he cunningly runs parallel ? Your wahala never start. Learn from Sylvia and Alams. There are 2 entities you can not fight- The Gods and Government.

42 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by slimghost(m): 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
I thought Amaechi was a wise man, now look what the hunger for power has made him. RIP to your career Mr arrogance!

8 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by koruji(m): 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
You people are born slaves.
This is your reaction to the obvious excesses of the megalomaniacs in power.
I recall how Beaf was all over here praising GEJ's excellent police for deporting Nigerians on their way to Abuja for no reason than they were members of the opposition.
No worry, let GEJ keep this up he is preparing his bed at kirikiri!!!

Billyonaire: Hahahahaahaha, You never start! When the masses are scrambling on how to catch a night bus to their destinations, Amaechi is going to Press to re-enact how his Jet was grounded. His he searching for love amongst the masses or the Presidency he cunningly runs parallel ? Your wahala never start. Learn from Sylvia and Alams. There are 2 entities you can not fight- The Gods and Government.

38 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by koruji(m): 11:02pm On Apr 27, 2013
Another slave !!!

slimghost: I thought Amaechi was a wise man, now look what the hunger for power has made him. RIP to your career Mr arrogance!

3 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2013
I don't understand, start again.

1 Like

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by slimghost(m): 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2013
koruji: Another slave !!!

Ironically, do tell us sir what tribe are slaves to the North? Bitterness and bigotry causes brain damage, so am not surprised at your present condition!

10 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by redsun(m): 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2013
These animals flies private jets when they dont understand the concept of house carriage. Countless of nigerians are dying of malnutrition and scores on death trap roads everyday,while the gangster leaders are wasting the people's funds on private jets.Like monkeys that flies jets.

2 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by koruji(m): 11:27pm On Apr 27, 2013
You are mixing issues.
This is not about private jets or not but the excesses of those at the center.
Whether Amaechi did right spending Rivers state money on a private jet is another issue entirely - personally I think it is obscene.
And if anyone wants to preserve their freedom in Nigeria they better make sure to counter GEJ's increasing autocratic ways.

redsun: These animals flies private jets when they dont understand the concept of house carriage. Countless of nigerians are dying of malnutrition and scores on death trap roads everyday,while the gangster leaders are wasting the people's funds on private jets.Like monkeys that flies jets.

1 Like

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
Hm! Something is fishy here. Rotimi should just thread gently.

1 Like

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by slimghost(m): 11:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
koruji: You are mixing issues.
This is not about private jets or not but the excesses of those at the center.
Whether Amaechi did right spending Rivers state money on a private jet is another issue entirely - personally I think it is obscene.
And if anyone wants to preserve their freedom in Nigeria they better make sure to counter GEJ's increasing autocratic ways.

And how sure are you that the pilot submitted the manifest? You see how fuvcked up your thought process is? Have you seen what hate and bigotry has done to ur brains? We have 2 conflicting stories here but because of your hatred for GEJ, you have choosing to believe the one that serves your interest. You are honestly a disgrace to humanity

19 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by koruji(m): 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
Keep hiding behind one finger with GEJ and cohorts.
Is Amaechi the only one with the obscene private jet among Nigeria's governors?
Doesn't GEJ's new friend Akpabio have a private jet?
I am sure that this is how they all violate Nigerian law because of their "power".
Including GEJ who allowed military aircraft to be used as transportation for private burials.

That being the case what we know for sure is that GEJ and Amaechi are having a political dispute.
And it is the same man who is, all of a sudden, having problems with Federal authorities.

GEJ is very wise in his own eyes.
It is very dishonorable to use the state apparatus to settle political scores.
In saner countries, the head of such a state apparatus will call such a man out in front of the nation.

Yeah, I am a disgrace to humanity...how do you even reply to such silly output of an unwashed mouth!!!

slimghost:
And how sure are you that the pilot submitted the manifest? You see how fuvcked up your thought process is? Have you seen what hate and bigotry has done to ur brains? We have 2 conflicting stories here but because of your hatred for GEJ, you have choosing to believe the one that serves your interest. You are honestly a disgrace to humanity

8 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by koruji(m): 11:46pm On Apr 27, 2013
Early in GEJ's administration I warned that this guy has the potential to be a sit-tight leader.

This was because one of his first major acts in office, for someone who campaigned on being shoeless and made tons of promises, was to complain about how short four years is to do any work. He then followed it straightaway by sending a bill to change the constitutional tenure from two possible 4 year terms to a single 6 year term. Since then the man has carried on like Aso Rock itself is the seat of God.

Nigeria needs to watch out and be prepared, especially with his aides making veiled threats if he doesn't get elected - [size=14pt]not only must we allow him to contest in 2015, we have to make sure he wins - otherwise all hell will break loose.[/size] Imagine that.

Okiki_Oluwa: Hm! Something is fishy here. Rotimi should just thread gently.

5 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by OmoTier1(m): 11:57pm On Apr 27, 2013
koruji: Early in GEJ's administration I warned that this guy has the potential to be a sit-tight leader.

This was because one of his first major acts in office, for someone who campaigned on being shoeless and made tons of promises, was to complain about how short four years is to do any work. He then followed it straightaway by sending a bill to change the constitutional tenure from two possible 4 year terms to a single 6 year term. Since then the man has carried on like Aso Rock itself is the seat of God.

Nigeria needs to watch out and be prepared, especially with his aides making veiled threats if he doesn't get elected - [size=14pt]not only must we allow him to contest in 2015, we have to make sure he wins - otherwise all hell will break loose.[/size] Imagine that.

Fear not! By mid next year, GEJ will be reduced to where He belongs. He really has under estimated how unpopular He is and the last thing He ever should desire is to pick a fight with His own.

The painful part of it all is, GEJ never exert this manner of energy to address the burning issues that affects every day Nigerian. If only He exerts the same manner of speed and precision in dealing with the looters of the treasury, and fixing the lopsided economy

6 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 28, 2013
Rotimi's problems are still at their infancy. I hope his case ends up worse than Sylva and Ibori combined. When an oaf becomes too big for his britches, a resounding fall is inevitable.

Meanwhile, the smart alecs that are fond of calling GEJ "clueless" and "weak" might want to have a rethink. Since you loved OBJ's brute application of presidential power so much, perhaps GEJ is finally pandering to your nostalgic wishes by learning a thing or two from your 'Saint' Obasanjo.

(Un)fortunately, GEJ has a lot of catching up to do, and I am certain that he would never allow himself to catch up with OBJ's high standards. Unilaterally declaring the Vice President's seat vacant, ordering the impeachment removal of governors at gunpoint, even if by only eight members of the House of Assembly, changing principal officers of the National Assembly at will, unilaterally withholding local council funds from state governors that annoy him, permitting his crony, a private citizen, so much power as to abduct a sitting governor, etc etc etc. GEJ would always be too "clueless" to match OBJ in perpetuating these illegalities. The Rule of Law was in complete coma throughout OBJ's eight years in power. At least it has returned to consciousness now under GEJ, even though it is still bedridden.

5 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by koruji(m): 12:26am On Apr 28, 2013
Unfortunately for you, you are actually talking about GEJ here not Amaechi.
The laws of the land doesn't stop Amaechi from aspiring to any political office.
But the laws of the land bar GEJ from using state resources to prosecute a political fight.
His bed in kirikiri will be extra hard if he keeps this silly autocracy up.

pro01: Rotimi's problems are still at their infancy. I hope his case ends up worse than Sylva and Ibori combined. When an oaf becomes too big for his britches, a resounding fall is inevitably.

Meanwhile, the fools that call GEJ "clueless" and "weak" might want to have a rethink. Since you loved OBJ's brute application of presidential power so much, perhaps GEJ is finally pandering to your nostalgic wishes by learning a thing or two from your 'Saint' Obasanjo.

(Un)fortunately, GEJ has a lot of catching up to do, and I am certain that he would never allow himself to catch up with OBJ's high standards. Unilaterally declaring the Vice President's seat vacant, ordering the impeachment of governors at gunpoint, even if by only eight members of the House of Assembly, changing principal officers of the National Assembly at will, unilaterally withholding local council funds from state governors that annoy him, permitting his crony, a private citizen, so much power as to abduct a sitting governor, etc etc etc. GEJ would always be too "clueless" to match OBJ in perpetuating these illegalities. The Rule of Law was in complete coma throughout OBJ's eight years in power. At least it has returned to consciousness now under GEJ, even though it is still bedridden.

1 Like

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 28, 2013
koruji: Unfortunately for you, you are actually talking about GEJ here not Amaechi.
The laws of the land doesn't stop Amaechi from aspiring to any political office.
But the laws of the land bar GEJ from using state resources to prosecute a political fight.
His bed in kirikiri will be extra hard if he keeps this silly autocracy up.

If we're talking about using state resources to prosecute political battles, or talking about 'silly autocracy' for that matter, then I suppose OBJ is already serving his life sentence in Kirikiri, right? Or I'm I missing something?

2 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by tpia5: 12:34am On Apr 28, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Hm! Something is fishy here. Rotimi should just thread gently.

he should just be thanking God because he doesnt know what the devil had in store for him as regards all this flying to and fro.

is all this related to politics?
Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by Tigerhead: 1:17am On Apr 28, 2013
Why is no one asking the so obvious question? When did this hater of GEJ and all things SS called Koruji become Amaechi's best pal? I have been laughing my head off in the last few days watching the haters almost all yoruba become the best friend of Amaechi who they all hated less than 3 months ago.

Koruji, keep it up. Maybe if you try harder we will all follow you and hate GEJ. Spew some more mindless hate, you never know, I might just be convinced.

5 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by Nobody: 3:00am On Apr 28, 2013
Is Rotimi Amechi elected to traverse d lenght and breadth of Nigeria attending funerals? From Abuja - Owerri -Akure - port harcourt, whose money is used to fuel this jet? We always miss the point and argue over triflings in ds con3.
Is Amechi angry that his Jet was delayed at the airport to make for proper documentation? (the word grounded should nt apply in this instance).
Is this press release meant to curry sympathy from d masses that bought and fuel the jet, yet cannot afford "attach" seat on a night bus or members of Amechi's billionaires club?

3 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by koruji(m): 3:29am On Apr 28, 2013
Everything is black and white to you people.
Who told you I am Amaechi's best pal?
If you did not close your eyes you will notice that I consider the purchase of private jets by governors obscene!!! But I also consider building a banquet hall at Aso Rock for billions, and an edifice to Patience's avarice obscene. However, that is not the discussion here.

People like you that see obvious misuse of power and wink at it for your own gain lead nations to their disaster. Nigeria is dying under this government - he promised to do something about this mess, but entered Aso Rock, shut the door and then came out worse than those that preceeded him.

Tigerhead: Why is no one asking the so obvious question? When did this hater of GEJ and all things SS called Koruji become Amaechi's best pal? I have been laughing my head off in the last few days watching the haters almost all yoruba become the best friend of Amaechi who they all hated less than 3 months ago.

Koruji, keep it up. Maybe if you try harder we will all follow you and hate GEJ. Spew some more mindless hate, you never know, I might just be convinced.

7 Likes

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by koruji(m): 3:34am On Apr 28, 2013
Good questions. A hundred more like these should be directed to many governors in Nigeria and those sitting in Aso Rock. But none of them is being faced with such a treatment, only the governor that has a political dispute with GEJ. I consider all these obscene spending of the Nigerian masses funds obscene but that is not the point.

The point is a president who lacks the capacity to fulfill those critical promises he made, yet keeps insisting he is the best thing since sliced bread. Seeing that Nigerians are not buying into the BS anymore he is showing his true autocratic face.

utumunta: Is Rotimi Amechi elected to traverse d lenght and breadth of Nigeria attending funerals? From Abuja - Owerri -Akure - port harcourt, whose money is used to fuel this jet? We always miss the point and argue over triflings in ds con3.
Is Amechi angry that his Jet was delayed at the airport to make for proper documentation? (the word grounded should nt apply in this instance).
Is this press release meant to curry sympathy from d masses that bought and fuel the jet, yet cannot afford "attach" seat on a night bus or members of Amechi's billionaires club?

1 Like

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by KnowAll(m): 7:42am On Apr 28, 2013
Jollyfication na im dey kill person. See how Amechi is junkenting from one party to the other only because he has a jet, from ACCRA to Abuja to Owerri to Akure. The bible is right in saying those that store wealth and other goodies on Earth has being paid in full, FOR their minds body & soul would be attached to those goodie-goodie to the detriment of serving God and in Amechi's case serving his community.

This Governor is like a kid in a candy store, once he has acquired that jet hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, it is jollification all the way, the man has lost focus completely. He is courting and planning his own downfall with his own hands. Softly -Softly Mr Governor, pride goes b4 a fall.
Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by OmoTier1(m): 9:11am On Apr 28, 2013
KnowAll: Jollyfication na im dey kill person. See how Amechi is junkenting from one party to the other only because he has a jet, from ACCRA to Abuja to Owerri to Akure. The bible is right in saying those that store wealth and other goodies on Earth has being paid in full, FOR their minds body & soul would be attached to those goodie-goodie to the detriment of serving God and in Amechi's case serving his community.

This Governor is like a kid in a candy store, once he has acquired that jet hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, it is jollification all the way, the man has lost focus completely. He is courting and planning his own downfall with his own hands. Softly -Softly Mr Governor, pride goes b4 a fall.
Isit now you want to quote the bible? I am even surprised at your comment about the purchase of the jet. Peter Odili bought a jet for Rivers State government and Amaechi sold it off and use part of the money to buy a better jet that cost less to maintain. The jet in question belongs to Rivers State government and not Amaechi and is being used by Rivers State government for both private hie and business functions.

If Rivers State can afford it, I see nothing wrong in them having it. However the crux of the matter is not the jet per say, it is GEJ' cowardly act in hunting Amaechi because He holds an aspiration to become a VP. Come 2015. When has it become a crime for any one to have an aspiration? Or has the constitution now prevent people from doing so?

1 Like

Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by tpia5: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2013
Hmm, nkan be.

Lord have mercy,these are perilous times.
Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by bunchyproject(m): 11:44am On Apr 28, 2013
Make una try
Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by 15: 11:45am On Apr 28, 2013
It's TIME we re-focus, re-engineer and re-align our efforts resources, physically mentally spiritually and otherwise

We need a revolution
What is a revolution
What and how do we want Nigeria to be
What do we stand to gain
How do we go about revolution
What are risks
How do we handle the risk
How do we sustain the revolution
How will the coordination be
Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 28, 2013
The two versions of this story runs along parrel lines.

Thus the real deal is politics and Amechi is not gonna have it easy. He is a survivor anyway.
Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by manee2(m): 11:52am On Apr 28, 2013
ole ehea ona ako? Anakorom aircraft, amaechi... Jst passing jaree.. Welcome manee2 onboard.. Ah been think say nairaland na one kind place weh pple de make money becox as i deh nw i fit carry my pr*ck make money.. Ego din na obi!
Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by janco: 11:54am On Apr 28, 2013
Its time for Gov Amechi to realize that "To toy with power is a dangerous thing"
Only grounding of plan... he is already crying.... more is coming his way:
- Probes on his travels
-- Probes on contract award
-- Probes on his expenses in the past 5 years
.... more and more probes

Finally, maybe , a minor incidence and he is impeached and then chaos everywhere...

Let Amechi be intelligent and go and prostrate before Baba GEJ .... or else... hell will befall him!
The Oracle has spoken!
Re: The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi by toluls(m): 12:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
Nigeria will always be Nigeria. God knows best.

TLS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amendment Of CCB/CCT Act By National Assembly Is Null & Void - Olatunde Bakare / Ogbu Emmanuel, EBSU SUG President Spent N10m Given To Students By Governor Umahi / Zamfara: Oshiomhole Has Destroyed APC- Tunji Abayomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.