Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! (13568 Views)

160 Fuel Tankers Allocated To The North, 40 To The South-West / Customs Impounds 3 Trailers In Katsina, Conveying Contraband Goods / Video: Fuel Tankers Leaving Ubah's Capital Oil Depot To Distribute Fuel Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by tess22: 11:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
Walk The Talk: Ban Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke

Did you know that in less than one month, over 100 people have died as a result of accidents involving fuel tankers and trailers? Just yesterday another accident involving a trailer claimed 5 more lives in Anambra State. Innocent men, women and children have been burnt to ashes and crushed to death because fuel tanker and trailer drivers have refused to pay heed to traffic regulations. The victims of those accidents never bargained for it, it could happen to anyone tomorrow.

Its not enough to say R.I.P, will you channel your anger and frustrations to making a difference or will you continue to act indifferent? If you are willing, then please join the campaign to ban daytime movement of fuel tankers and trailers, on the following pages, also feel free to drop comments and suggestions.
Thank you.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StopFuelTankerAccidentsNow

Twitter (@StopRoadCarnage)

Online Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/the-minister-of-transport-nigeria-ban-daytime-movement-of-fuel-tankers-and-trailers-2

23 Likes

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 28, 2013
tess22: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke

Did you know that in less than one month, over 100 people have died as a result of accidents involving fuel tankers and trailers? Just yesterday another accident involving a trailer claimed 5 more lives in Anambra State. Innocent men, women and children have been burnt to ashes and crushed to death because fuel tanker and trailer drivers have refused to pay heed to traffic regulations. The victims of those accidents never bargained for it, it could happen to anyone tomorrow.

Its not enough to say R.I.P, will you channel your anger and frustrations to making a difference or will you continue to act indifferent? If you are willing, then please join the campaign to ban daytime movement of fuel tankers and trailers, on the following pages, also feel free to drop comments and suggestions.
Thank you.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StopFuelTankerAccidentsNow

Twitter (@StopRoadCarnage)

Online Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/the-minister-of-transport-nigeria-ban-daytime-movement-of-fuel-tankers-and-trailers-2

In the last elections who did you vote for? If you voted PDP, then do yourself a favor, swallow whatever pain youre feeling ---- becuase you know, like I know, nobody is gonna listen to you---- and try to do what's right next go around.

17 Likes

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by mebad(m): 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2013
2nd to comment
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by Orikinla(m): 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
I support this campaign and please, send the message to the FRSC.

4 Likes

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by almasterpiece(m): 1:06pm On Apr 28, 2013
4th.
its going to end here. reason been that occupy 9ja even tried. what happened? nothing. Dana air its still flying.Pls op get some job

2 Likes

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by DICKtator: 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2013
I know the Lagos state government has banned the tanker-driving during daytime.They are only allowed to move at night.
Not just tanker-drivers. all motorist should be banned i guess.
What we need is a holistic approach to this. FRSC is not functioning properly. They should have a database of cars in the country.The numbers of vehicles,those that are road-worthy and that are not. The latter should be impounded and de-registered.
Everything still borders down to the government
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by israel007: 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2013
I'm in agreement both in principle and in practise
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2013
i support, enough of this tanker driver accident

1 Like

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by trix1: 1:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
kingoflag:

In the last elections who did you vote for? If you voted PDP, then do yourself a favor, swallow whatever pain youre feeling ---- becuase you know, like I know, nobody is gonna listen to you---- and try to do what's right next go around.

Do tankers and trailers move about during the day only in PDP states?

22 Likes

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by Scarpon(m): 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
tanker drivers are people and that's their job
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2013
But the roads are bad.
-----------------------
Last Bullet: I think the FG & State Govts have to continue in mega road construction. When the road is wide enough, there ll be enough space & reduced accidents caused by trailers,tankers or lorries.
#Just my opinion.
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by manee2(m): 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2013
id u ask me i'll say lets qive specific time for each particular kind of vehicle to operate.. Eg. Bicycle in de mrng, keke in de afternoon and let wheel barrows be used to transport de oil whatever in de nyt.. No cars, motocycle and trucks. I swear accident must stop!
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by raytony: 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2013
I support the motion which says tankers and Dangote should waka only in the night. Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by nnalove(m): 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2013
trix!:

Do tankers and trailers move about during the day only in PDP states?
pls help me ask dat fool. Pls i'm fully in support of dis. I pray dat dis govt put dis into practice and consideration

1 Like

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by tspun(m): 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2013
u got my support even if na protest self i day there weda peaceful or violence just email me. Dis tanker driver with boko haram i no know who kill pass. Watin.....

2 Likes

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by onyeego(m): 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
kingoflag:

What has voting for PDP got to do with tankers and trailers killing people on our roads?
Sometimes I wonder if people like u has anything that looks like a brain in ur skull.

@topic, until the rail system becomes fully operational, I don't think we can afford to ban heavy duty vehicles on our highways.
Also govt at various levels must ensure that it provides pedestrian bridges in populated areas, we can also divert traffic from cities and towns by constructing bypasses.

5 Likes

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by enyieuna: 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
If it can be implemented it will very well save live and reduce vehicular activities on our highways .
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by james1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ban daytime movement of heavy vehicle's including sewage and waste disposal trucks.how long should we as a people stand by and see people's life been snuffed out by people who care less?
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by Nightshift(m): 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
The federal government must not delay in putting to an end the carnage caused on our roads by truck and tanker drivers. The influx of technically questionable Chinese trucks have equally worsened the accident situations on Nigerian Highways. Let them ply the roads from 7pm to 6am only.
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by OCTAVO: 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
I join the campaign too.
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by free2ryhme: 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
Majority of these tankers and trailers are owned by political thieves and influential cronies heavily connected to the corridors of power in this nation...

last year this method was tried in Lagos, especially at the port access roads, only for them to resume in less than a week.

The real problem is effective monitoring and i am not sure with the high level of corruption we can see a complete ban of these moving road killers in daytime.

1 Like

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
How about campaigning for the use of train to transport petroleum products ?
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by free2ryhme: 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

How about campaigning for the use of train to transport petroleum products ?

Our leaders have killed railway transportation is the country .. Why do u think we have increase nbrs of trailers and tankers on our highway and who do u think own them?

well i will not leave my comfort zone to protest for people who sit in their house and eat rice and chicken .. We wey go university for this country know how e dey go
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by cr7lomo: 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
Oda countries transport dangerous and flamable liquid substance thru d rails and even if u c dia tankers or trailers, u wud know that they are even more road worthy than som personal clean vehicles ownd in our country. How can a trailer run for over 40 or 50 yrs and they allow them 2 kip on killin.
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by kross01(m): 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
good move but wrong timing if you ask me. On which roads will the tankers & trucks drive on at nights? The death traps with all sorts of holes? Or driving at night on roads that robbers can afford to place blockages & rob comfortably before leaving? If our trains & waterways are fully functional(and as well secured) change of transport mode would have been a better solution. my humble opinion

1 Like

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by pekelepekele(m): 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
[b]I had a deep thought about it that maybe banning of trailers , heavy trucks and Fuel tankers movement during the day will reduce accident rate but I arrive at the conclusion that it won't work! and it is even better if they are moving by the day than night .

First , Imagine a fuel tanker having a break failure at night and then entering into the street filled with houses and it caught fire , The number of causalities including houses and properties that will get lost will be greater than that of the day .

Most people will already be aslept ,before they call for fire service and before the people living in the burning houses get any attention they would have died from fumes from the fire and also with the state this country fire service is , That they don't even work properly during the day probability that they will work at night is zero if we won't lye to ourselves . I mean sh1t happens but nobody pray for it.

Second , I have been driving around now with my own vehicle during the day and club , bars at night I can boldly tell you that those heavy trucks , tankers and others you see driving slowly during the day doesn't do that at night in fact most teenagers would have come to the conclusion that those heavy trucks and tankers can't speed at all because the way they move during the day. It's a big lye ,

Those tankers you see are responsible for the death of people you see by the road side in the morning or either inside the gutter because the rate at which they speed during the night and even with only single head lamp or none at all with their big horn . it's just too dangerous for this big trucks to be moving at night,

In addition their won't be road safety officers at night to challenge them if they have no headlamps and if they are against any traffic law , they can even collide with each other and one of them speed off .

Bad roads is also another great problem their are some roads you will drive through during the day and you will think you have known the road better to drive fast through it at night without knowing that the few hours between the time you passed through that road and the time you are returning from the place you went , Their could have been some new pot holes created by either accidents or heavy rain and if any tanker driver had that same thought and speed through a pot hole it would be an accident.

Another are the tanker drivers , the use of drugs and alcohol among them and then driving around a faulty truck without brakes saying I will manage it is another big problem.

Just my own opinion wink [/b]

8 Likes

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by DisGuy: 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2013
Did you know that in less than one month, over 100 people have died as a result of accidents involving fuel tankers and trailers?

just like that?? if this was any other country a national emergency would have been declared!
life's cheap around here!!!
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by POLICECAP: 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
Right thinking in the wrong direction...

if you think you Supported GEJ's election more than the owners of those trailers and tankers then your voice will be heard
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by spikesC(m): 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
They've already been banned to move at night.
Like the FG, you have no clue of what you have to do. You didn't do any research, you just opened a facebook page and twitter profile because you think you can without considering the conditions of the oppressed.

1. Repair the federal roads.
2. Motor Licensing officers give "road worthiness" to people without seeing the cars in question.
3. Drivers should tend to their cars (especially brakes) every morning.
4. FRSC is a failed system. The blood of most accident victims are on their head.

2 Likes

Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by a1solution: 1:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
If u ban trailer drivers in day time will you also ban smaller vehicle in the night? And if a trailer driver involve in an accident in the night who will rush him to hospital? Answer o
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by bushjeph: 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
Ban? That's the wrong solution to a wrong problem! Transportation of petroleum products are core aspect of our economy and a ban ll not come easy. Its a interlocking chain meaning if the ban holds then prices may go up and scarcity begins. I think its time we start using experts to solve problem. I have a friend who design a grid-like road network system which when implemented ll free up our highways, divert trucks from residentials and increase efficiency and money! This guy is a graduate of transport management technology and there are many like him!
We Nigerians must wake up and entrench technocratic system of governance!
Re: Banning Of Daytime Movement Of Fuel Tankers And Trailers In Nigeria Campaign! by YoshiMaster: 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
LET US START WITH THE LITTLE THINGS LIKE ENFORCING STAYING IN YOUR LANE.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PICTURE ON THE RIGHT BELOW?

NEXT TIME ANY OF YOU IS AT A ROUNDABOUT, PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO HOW EVERYBODY DRIVES LIKE THE PICTURE ON THE RIGHT BELOW.

TELL POLICE TO ENFORCE THAT FIRST.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oil Spill Kills 15 In Rivers State / Idris Launches Operation Maximum Safety On Kaduna – Abuja / Akande, Ajimobi, Amosun And Aregbesola Meet Over APC Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.