Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? (3259 Views)

Bible Said Jesus Will Go To HELL / 10 Things Science Cannot Do But Jesus Can / Pastor Said . . . God Loves Virgins More Than Non- Virgins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel:

let me realign your brain, who are you kidding here !

How can a Father be his Son and his Father at the same time, who is the one deluded here grin
And did my post mentioned it like that? What do you think the word Elohim means?
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by ijawkid(m): 6:47am On Jul 02, 2013
enilove:

Frankly speaking, you do not know God.
Think on this verse:

Matthew 1:18
"Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost."

You expect to see a marital cord tied btw a human being and God his Creator?
You expect God to have a wife b4 He can have children?
Are angels not children of God?Do they have mothers?

Jesus is the Son of God.
Before Jesus came,there was a revelation about his existence. He told the Pharisees in John 8:58
"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." This means he is not an ordinary man as you think. As a Son of God he has the attribute of his Father ,so he is God. But not God Almighty.

Now read what was wrtten about him more than 2000 yrs b4 he came:

Proverbs 8:23-36 KJV
I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. [24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. [25] Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: [26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. [27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: [28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: [29] When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: [30] Then I was by him, as one brought up with him : and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; [31] Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men. [32] Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. [33] Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. [34] Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. [35] For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord . [36] But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Look at that verse 13 which says "I was SET UP from everlasting.....
What does it mean to set up?.
It means to CREATE
It means TO BRING ABOUT. etc

Jesus was set up by God ever b4 the world or heaven were created as His only begotten Son. B4 God created the angels.
Even, Jesus categorically said he has a father in heaven.
Since we can read in more than 50 verses in the Bible where Jesus called God his Father,why all these arguements?

I have taken my time to point this out to you because I know you are not a christian. I would not want you to close your eyes to the reality of what you have read above.

Let me add this. After Jesus ascended to heaven,he gave John a revelation.In this revelation,he still called God his Father.He also called God his God.
Lets read Revelation 3:5 KJV
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 3:12 KJV
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name

If you are ready to know the truth,take your time and read the book of Revelation from chapter 1 to 6.After u can ask questns where you are not clear.

This is not about argumt but about not missing a divine opportunity.
Anyone who fails to accept Jesus Christ here on earth as his Lord and saviour ,will not have another when he departs from this world,and it will be a great disaster indeed.

Pray to God if you are not sure and He will direct you.

GBAM!!!!!!!!............
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by freedom61: 10:04am On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel: Jesus is not GOD , he is the Son of GOD, even SATAN knows this.

smiley
if son of man means that Jesus is man, then Son of God means that Jesus is God. kapich
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by freedom61: 10:11am On Jul 02, 2013
truthislight:

^^

Error! Error! Error!

That place was talking about Yahweh and Jesus.

Rev 22:6-13 talked about Yahweh sending his angel, then from verse 16 and 17 talked about Jesus the root of Devid.

see:

"And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. " (Revelation 22:6-13).
..........:..........
That ^ is talking about Yahweh that sends His angel.

After Yahweh sends his Angel, then Jesus sends his angel in subsequent vers 16 below:

"I Jesus have sent mine angel
to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." (Revelation 22:16-17).

The almighty is not of the root of David.

Yahweh is not a morning star.

"The lord God of the prophet" is Yahweh. QED.

Smh.
my friend how many people get angel for heaven. no be God na im get angel. if Jesus get angel does that not telll you that Jesus is God. smh
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by truthislight: 10:17am On Jul 02, 2013
That ^ does not deserve an answer.
Read Rev22 again and correct what is written there in the bible up there and not me.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Mintayo(m): 10:17am On Jul 02, 2013
freedom61: my friend how many people get angel for heaven. no be God na im get angel. if Jesus get angel does that not telll you that Jesus is God. smh

wisdom!
D guy didnt c that,he just dey post!
Again,Muslims will never agree dt Jesus is the Son of God,bcus dey knw that being d Son of God autmatically make Him God!
It is only satan dt will make ppl c Jesus as just an ordinary man and nt God!
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by truthislight: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2013
^^^
"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the Angel of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure." (2 Corinthians 12:7).

Even satan has ^ angels.

The word "angel" means messenger. Simple.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by freedom61: 10:36am On Jul 02, 2013
enilove:

Proverbs 8:23-36 KJV
I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. [24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. [25] Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: [26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. [27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: [28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: [29] When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: [30] Then I was by him, as one brought up with him : and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; [31] Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men. [32] Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. [33] Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. [34] Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. [35] For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord . [36] But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Look at that verse 13 which says "I was SET UP from everlasting.....
What does it mean to set up?.
It means to CREATE
It means TO BRING ABOUT. etc

Jesus was set up by God ever b4 the world or heaven were created as His only begotten Son. B4 God created the angels.
Even, Jesus categorically said he has a father in heaven.
Since we can read in more than 50 verses in the Bible where Jesus called God his Father,why all these arguements?

wrong wrong wrong
yu people carry wrong interpretaions and run with it thinking now we have got it.

lets get down to it, shall we
i was expecting the verse to say "i was set up at a certain time" but no. the verse says i was set up at no time at all but at eternity at everlasting.

2. does set up mean to create.
i set up the temporal tent [canopy] outside, did i just make the canopy. smh

3. now look at the meaning of the word from which set up is translated. it is nacak {naw-sak'} #5258 נָסַךְ
it means
1. to pour out, pour, offer, cast
2. to set, install

the two meanings does not mean to create something. you pour out what has being in existence. you set up already existing parts. you install an already pronounced king [case in point. when a king dies automatically the prince is now the king. the installation does not make the king, it only confirms][case in point 2: i just installed a software in my system. did i just create the software]

summary: to pour out and to install should not be confused as creation.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by freedom61: 10:41am On Jul 02, 2013
truthislight: ^^^
"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the Angel of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure." (2 Corinthians 12:7).

Even satan has ^ angels.

The word "angel" means messenger. Simple.
always want to argue yourself out shey. satan get angels with him where im dey. unfortunately fr you. Jesus dey with the father, so Jesus no fit get im own independent angels wen go dey do him bidding outside the fathers.

added to the fact that Jesus will = the fathers will
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by freedom61: 10:58am On Jul 02, 2013
@ titingz i see yu are enjoying posting a criticism here, meanwhile your islam section mod has just started a movement to ban criticisms from that section. if you can do this here, then i see no reason why it cant be done over there.

take my word to him
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by truthislight: 11:35am On Jul 02, 2013
freedom61: always want to argue yourself out shey. satan get angels with him where im dey. unfortunately fr you. Jesus dey with the father, so Jesus no fit get im own independent angels wen go dey do him bidding outside the fathers.

added to the fact that Jesus will = the fathers will

cool

smh for you. Jesus cannot have his messengers , a prince cannot have his own messengers.

You are a waste of my time.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by truthislight: 11:39am On Jul 02, 2013
freedom61: @ titingz i see yu are enjoying posting a criticism here, meanwhile your islam section mod has just started a movement to ban criticisms from that section. if you can do this here, then i see no reason why it cant be done over there.

take my word to him

Christianity and islam are not the same.

One can take criticisms the other cant.

His being here is not a problem.

Dont attack the person and leave the argument.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 11:40am On Jul 02, 2013
truthislight:

cool

smh for you. Jesus cannot have his messengers , a prince cannot have his own messengers.

You are a waste of my time.
please answer my question

Genesis 18:8

"And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; (these three men) and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat."

All three ate, but who are these three people?
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by ijawkid(m): 12:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:
please answer my question

"And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; (these three men) and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat."

Oboy they are Gods angels.......
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by ijawkid(m): 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2013
freedom61:

wrong wrong wrong
yu people carry wrong interpretaions and run with it thinking now we have got it.

i was expecting the verse to say "i was set up at a certain time" but no. the verse says i was set up at no time at all but at eternity at everlasting.

3. now look at the meaning of the word from which set up is translated. it is nacak {naw-sak'} #5258 נָסַךְ
it means
2. to set, install

the two meanings does not mean to create something. you pour out what has being in existence. you set up already existing parts. you install an already pronounced king [case in point. when a king dies automatically the prince is now the king. the installation does not make the king, it only confirms][case in point 2: i just installed a software in my system. did i just create the software]

And I see how you ignored/omitted the other meaning of naquash.which means to create,to born,to beget......

And you also forgot to add when this supposed wisdom said,I was born,I was given birth to,I was formed,I was brought forth before the mountains were settled.......

Na naquash them use translate,born,formed and brought forth??.........

cool
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by enilove(m): 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2013
freedom61:

wrong wrong wrong

it means
2. to set, install

Go and ckeck your dictionary for the meaning of SET UP. We do not have to argue about this.
In case you do not know ,it also means TO COME INTO ACTIVE OPERATION OR USE.

Come to think of it,if it means "instal":
Proverbs 8:23-24 KJV
I was set up ( Installed ) from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. [24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

It means Jesus was installed by God. The verse 24 also says I WAS BROUGHT FORTH.

These verses still say the same that Jesus was brought forth by God.
Jesus himself said that the Father is greater than him. John 14:28 KJV
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Please,whatever is written should not be inferred or guessed.
Accept what is written.

3 Likes

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
"why do you call it blasphemy when I say, 'I am the Son of God'? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world." - John 10:36

- Jesus

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him

- God

"48 “How do you know me?” Nathanael asked.

Jesus answered, “I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.”

49 Then Nathanael declared, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the king of Israel.” - John 1

- Nathan

"Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." - Matthew 16:16

- Peter

GOD, Jesus, Nathan and Peter disagree with Trinitarians, they are on their own with this 3-god Heresy.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2013
ijawkid:

Oboy they are Gods angels.......

Show me how you came to the conclusion-
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel: "why do you call it blasphemy when I say, 'I am the Son of God'? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world." - John 10:36

- Jesus

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him

- God

"48 “How do you know me?” Nathanael asked.

Jesus answered, “I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.”

49 Then Nathanael declared, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the king of Israel.” - John 1

- Nathan

"Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." - Matthew 16:16

- Peter

GOD, Jesus, Nathan and Peter disagree with Trinitarians, they are on their own with this 3-god Heresy.
Lol,this dude is funny,why are you afraid to add Paul to the mix.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by ijawkid(m): 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:
Show me how you came to the conclusion-

Jesus gives the perfect answer.......

John 6:46

New International Version
(©2011)
No one has seen the Father
except the one who is from God;
only he has seen the Father.

Abraham did not and has never seen God........

Except abraham is Jesus.....

cool
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
Bidam: Lol,this dude is funny,why are you afraid to add Paul to the mix.

"1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God— 2 the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures 3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life[a] was a descendant of David, 4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was appointed the Son of God in power by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 1:1-4

- Paul

wink
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
ijawkid:

Jesus gives the perfect answer.......

John 6:46

New International Version
(©2011)
No one has seen the Father
except the one who is from God;
only he has seen the Father.

Abraham did not and has never seen God........

Except abraham is Jesus.....

cool

You did not answer my question-

You said angels-- I ask, how did you come to the conclusion that they were angels?
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

You said angels-- I ask, how did you come to the conclusion that they were angels?

Mate , stop tearing the word of God apart, you are so far off the truth on this matter , you need to start from square 1 and re-evaluate your stance on this matter, currently it is FALSE.

wink
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel:

Mate , stop tearing the word of God apart, you are so far off the truth on this matter , you need to start from square 1 and re-evaluate your stance on this matter, currently it is FALSE.

wink
That isn't the issue. A question was asked, If you have really studied about what you are saying, attempt the question.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Freksy(m): 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
freedom61:

wrong wrong wrong

"The Lord created me as the beginning of his works, before his deeds of long ago." - NET

“The LORD created me first of all, the first of his works, long ago." -Proverbs 8:22 (GNT)

“The LORD created me first of all, the first of his works, long ago." -Proverbs 8:22 Good News Catholic Bible (GNTCE)

"The Lord created me at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of old." -Proverbs 8:22 (RSV)

"The Lord created me at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of long ago".-Proverbs 8:22 (NRSV)

it means
2. to set, install

Assuming "set up" means "install", and Jesus is the Almighty God, who is he that set up or installed the Almighty God?
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
frosbel:

"1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God— 2 the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures 3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life[a] was a descendant of David, 4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was appointed the Son of God in power by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 1:1-4

- Paul

wink
And i say amen to that,the building blocks of revelations was actually progressive because if you read further which i believe you failed to do you will see where Paul said in Romans 9:5-"...Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen" (NKJV).
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by ijawkid(m): 1:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

I gave you answer from the one person who has seen God and who knows that no man has seen God at anytime.......except when abraham saw God Jesus was sleeping or maybe was on hibernation......grin

If abraham has seen God then abraham must be Jesus........cool....

Through out the scriptures all those who in their mind thought they saw God face to face saw and met his direct representatives.......

These representatives have spoken words like they were GOD....but they were his representatives.........

Oboy you better go back to the drawing board......

No man hath anytime seen God,except the one who came from God....

Would you like to agree with Jesus who has clarified this issue as to how patriachs of old saw God or you wouldn't ??.......
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by ijawkid(m): 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
@shmdemi.....let us consider this case of how an angel who represented God came to gideon materialized......he was an angel quite alright,but later in his discussion with gideon the conversation took a new turn like it was God the Father himself who was down there with gideon,discussiong with him.....

Let's see
Judges 6:11-15

English Standard Version (ESV)

11 Now the angel of the LORD came and sat
under the terebinth at Ophrah, which belonged
to Joash the Abiezrite, while his son Gideon
was beating out wheat in the winepress to hide
it from the Midianites. 12 And the angel of
the LORD appeared to him and said to him,
“The LORD is with you, O mighty man of valor.”
13 And Gideon said to him, “Please, sir,[a] if
the LORD is with us, why then has all this
happened to us? And where are all his
wonderful deeds that our fathers recounted
to us, saying, ‘Did not the LORD bring us up
from Egypt?’ But now the LORD has forsaken
us and given us into the hand of Midian.”
14 And the LORD[b] turned to him and said,
“Go in this might of yours and save Israel from
the hand of Midian; do not I send you?
” 15 And
he said to him, “Please, Lord, how can I save
Israel? Behold, my clan is the weakest in
Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's
house.”

In verse 11 the materialized spirit being who came down was identified as Gods angel....but in verses 14 and 15 it was as if this messenger of God was GOD himself....

This is a clear example that should solve your confusion as to who those 3 men who visited abraham were.....

The persons abraham saw were Gods representatives.......

God has never literally come down from heaven to do his biddings.....no man can see GOD and live.........what are his messengers there for??....to dey dance azonto or what??.......

1 Like

Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
ijawkid:

I gave you answer from the one person who has seen God and who knows that no man has seen God at anytime.......except when abraham saw God Jesus was sleeping or maybe was on hibernation......grin

If abraham has seen God then abraham must be Jesus........cool....

Through out the scriptures all those who in their mind thought they saw God face to face saw and met his direct representatives.......

These representatives have spoken words like they were GOD....but they were his representatives.........

Oboy you better go back to the drawing board......

No man hath anytime seen God,except the one who came from God....

Would you like to agree with Jesus who has clarified this issue as to how patriachs of old saw God or you wouldn't ??.......

You did not answer my question still, seem yo u have no answer for calling the three of them angels or do you?
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by shdemidemi(m): 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
ijawkid:
Judges 6:11-15

11 Now the angel of the LORD came and sat
under the terebinth at Ophrah, which belonged
to Joash the Abiezrite, while his son Gideon
was beating out wheat in the winepress to hide
it from the Midianites. 12 And the angel of
the LORD appeared to him and said to him,
“The LORD is with you, O mighty man of valor.”
13 And Gideon said to him, “Please, sir,[a] if
the LORD is with us, why then has all this
happened to us? And where are all his
wonderful deeds that our fathers recounted
to us, saying, ‘Did not the LORD bring us up
from Egypt?’ But now the LORD has forsaken
us and given us into the hand of Midian.”
14 And the LORD[b] turned to him and said,
“Go in this might of yours and save Israel from
the hand of Midian; do not I send you?
” 15 And
he said to him, “Please, Lord, how can I save
Israel? Behold, my clan is the weakest in
Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's
house.”

We can clearly see that the angel was the messenger in this instance. Can we then infer that it was an angel that spoke with Adam in the garden. I am sure you won't want to say that cos we were not told that, infact, It was God himself speaking in Genesis.

Please check Genesis 18 properly to see who the three men really were.
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by ijawkid(m): 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

We can clearly see that the angel was the messenger in this instance. Can we then infer that it was an angel that spoke with Adam in the garden. I am sure you won't want to say that cos we were not told that, infact, It was God himself speaking in Genesis.

Please check Genesis 18 properly to see who the three men really were.

But in that verse u read it later turned out like it was God himself who sat down there and was speaking to gideon.............

Nobody has ever sEen the form of God....no one.......

And I have read genesis 18 completely....

Those men were the angels of God and not God himself....

This is another example...

1..And the people of Israel again did what
was evil in the sight of the LORD, so the LORD
gave them into the hand of the Philistines for
forty years.
2 There was a certain man of Zorah, of the
tribe of the Danites, whose name was Manoah.
And his wife was barren and had no children.
3 And the angel of the LORD appeared to the
woman and said to her, “Behold, you are barren
and have not borne children, but you shall
conceive and bear a son. 4 Therefore be
careful and drink no wine or strong drink, and
eat nothing unclean, 5 for behold, you shall
conceive and bear a son. No razor shall come
upon his head, for the child shall be a Nazirite
to God from the womb, and he shall begin to
save Israel from the hand of the Philistines.”
6 Then the woman came and told her husband,
“A man of God came to me, and his appearance
was like the appearance of the angel of God,
very awesome. I did not ask him where he was
from, and he did not tell me his name, 7 but he
said to me, ‘Behold, you shall conceive and bear
a son. So then drink no wine or strong drink,
and eat nothing unclean, for the child shall be a
Nazirite to God from the womb to the day of
his death.’”
8 Then Manoah prayed to the LORD and said,
“O Lord, please let the man of God whom you
sent come again to us and teach us what we
are to do with the child who will be born.”
9 And God listened to the voice of Manoah,
and the angel of God came again to the woman
as she sat in the field. But Manoah her husband
was not with her. 10 So the woman ran quickly
and told her husband, “Behold, the man who
came to me the other day has appeared to me.”
11 And Manoah arose and went after his wife
and came to the man and said to him, “Are you
the man who spoke to this woman?” And he
said, “I am.” 12 And Manoah said, “Now when
your words come true, what is to be the
child's manner of life, and what is his mission?”
13 And the angel of the LORD said to Manoah,
“Of all that I said to the woman let her be
careful. 14 She may not eat of anything that
comes from the vine, neither let her drink
wine or strong drink, or eat any unclean thing.
All that I commanded her let her observe.”
15 Manoah said to the angel of the LORD,
“Please let us detain you and prepare a young
goat for you.” 16 And the angel of the LORD
said to Manoah, “If you detain me, I will not
eat of your food. But if you prepare a burnt
offering, then offer it to the LORD.” (For
Manoah did not know that he was the angel of
the LORD.) 17 And Manoah said to the angel of
the LORD, “What is your name, so that, when
your words come true, we may honor you?”
18 And the angel of the LORD said to him,
“Why do you ask my name, seeing it is
wonderful?”

22 And
Manoah said to his wife, “We shall surely die,
for we have seen God.”

From the above the angel of God was seen as God himself........

In verse 22 manoah said to his wife..

""WE HAVE SEEN GOD""

@shmdemi........

Did manoah really see God??..........
Re: Bible Said God Is Not A Man But Jesus Is A Man/son Of Man...?? by ijawkid(m): 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2013
shdemidemi:

You did not answer my question still, seem yo u have no answer for calling the three of them angels or do you?

Jesus has answered your question who you should know those men are.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? / The Truth Practice Of Ebo( Spiritual Sacrifice) / Why Are Atheists Or Irreligious People Fond Of This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.