Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Divorce In Nigeria - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce In Nigeria (17392 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Top Ten Reason For Divorce In 2012 / Conditions For Divorce In Christianity, and [Some Legal] Grounds for Annulment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce In Nigeria by Daresh(f): 8:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
Trayoralas:
I have similar case of a woman who is seriously threatening my life. Though she has no child yet but seriously fighting for property. Please help me with a lawyer who can start and Mr bngene, please cos she has collaborated with the police in my area and they are all threatening me.

Your wife + police are threathening you? Na wah o wonders shall never end. Move out first, as long as she doesnt know where you are, you are safe.

1 Like

Re: Divorce In Nigeria by ArewaSweetheart(f): 9:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
slimyem:
Better don't believe the crap you are saying thanks to.
Divorce is not that fast or immediate.Don't waste your money rubbing useless palms.

Whether you rub palms or not,the first thing they'll tell you in court is to try reconcilliation and come back in a number of months and then a lot of other hearings and adjournments.
I know this because i know a friend going thru the same.
Talk to a laywer.

True. Divorce petitions instituted in the high court often takes at least 6months to conclude. It all depends on:
- whether or not both parties to the matter mutually consent to the divorce;
- how pushful, brilliant & dedicated the petitioner's counsel is; & also
- the kind of Judge presiding over the case. Some Judges do not tolerate incessant applications for unnecessary adjournments (meant to frustrate the case) by any litigant in the suit or counsel representing them.

Thus, just as alot of the posters b4 me have suggested, ensure you get a good lawyer who will represent you all thru the trial. All the the best to you @op. cool
Re: Divorce In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 31, 2015
Daresh:

Your wife + police are threathening you? Na wah o wonders shall never end. Move out first, as long as she doesnt know where you are, you are safe.
thanks brother, but i need a lawyer to file this case in court so than i can cut off the police and really want to divorce.
Re: Divorce In Nigeria by CY09: 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2015
bngene:
I can advise u cos my own divorce case is almost completed if not for the strike. Mine is similar tours anyways, baby involved, young marriage as well, and diabolical things involved....I understand divorce is harder than marriage...but, sometimes, it's a way out of what might befall u in the future cos the strength u have now to bear the infidelity of a partner...u might not be able to withstand it in the future when u have built so deep ur trust on ur unfaithful partner. If u need the service of the lawyers that has helped brought my own case this far...buzz me.
Please how can iget in touch with you? Anticipating your response.
Re: Divorce In Nigeria by pet4ril(f): 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2015
Na wa ooooo..... As some posters advised, please divorce should be the last thing.... I almost walked out of my mans house yesterday and was ready to call off wedding that's holding soon.... We were mad at each other for some hours but we just reconciled few hours back..

Women are like clay in the hands of males and every man is expected to mould the clay/woman according to his likeness.

Papa late Bishop said in his wesding"As i marry my wife today, we shall fight but we will never divorce " please settle your home and I pray may the good Lord guide and lead you all through

1 Like

Re: Divorce In Nigeria by CY09: 7:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
pet4ril:
Na wa ooooo..... As some posters advised, please divorce should be the last thing.... I almost walked out of my mans house yesterday and was ready to call off wedding that's holding soon.... We were mad at each other for some hours but we just reconciled few hours back..

Women are like clay in the hands of males and every man is expected to mould the clay/woman according to his likeness.

Papa late Bishop said in his wesding"As i marry my wife today, we shall fight but we will never divorce " please settle your home and I pray may the good Lord guide and lead you all through

Situations and unfolding events determines if a marriage would work or not. When one marries for the wrong reasons, then divorce is inevitable. Thanks for the advise though.

1 Like

Re: Divorce In Nigeria by pet4ril(f): 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
CY09:

Situations and unfolding events determines if a marriage would work or not. When one marries for the wrong reasons, then divorce is inevitable. Thanks for the advise though.
uwc but i just wish them well..... I wouldn't have been happy if i has grown up without my dad and mum together..... They should think of the children's future and amend things biko
Re: Divorce In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:32am On Dec 06, 2015
pet4ril:
uwc but i just wish them well..... I wouldn't have been happy if i has grown up without my dad and mum together..... They should think of the children's future and amend things biko
*had
Re: Divorce In Nigeria by Pippyman2000: 5:20am On Jan 18, 2017
Engaging a Lawyer to commence divorce proceedings is not an action we should take in a hurry, however if our mind is made up and our differences are clearly irreconcilable, than we need a competent firm to handle our matters, a firm that fully & truly understands matrimonial matters. I have noticed that there are very few good family lawyers in Nigeria but the family law team in "Elthon Partners" are outstanding and highly recommended. You can visit their website www.elthonpartners.com or reach them on +234 9083412050 & +234 9083412051 if you're interested in any family law matter, Divorce, custody, Estate Planning (Wills, Letter of Administration, Trust) etc, I am sure you will be glad you did.
Re: Divorce In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 18, 2017
pet4ril:

Are you guys married now?
Re: Divorce In Nigeria by MidieMeliss(f): 2:06am On Jan 20, 2017
Who knows any lawyer with specialty in family law here in Ibadan? I urgently need a lawyer's contact. Anyone in the position to help?
Re: Divorce In Nigeria by Nkemirene: 12:19am On Feb 24, 2017
For Family law enquiries, consultation and referral send an email to naijafamilylaw@gmail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Your Husband Has A Child Out Of Wedlock / Birthday Gift For Mum,advise Pls / 23-year-old Mechanic Disappears, Family Seeks Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.