Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? - Jobs/Vacancies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? (54478 Views)

Job Seekers: What Course Did U Study? / What Course Did You Study / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Phonon: 11:17am On May 04, 2013
No be my mouth you go hear that summary.In summary,draw your own conclusions.
[ undecidedquote author=BANGA SOUP]abeg summarise am[/quote]
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by BestmanNnamdi(m): 6:15pm On May 04, 2013
ItsModella: Philosophy
History
Fishery
Zoology (how someone could go ahead to get a PhD in this field is beyond me)
Forestry

angry angry angry angry angry
my dear! I believe the course you study in this Nigeria does not matter, what matters is ur skills and potential, after all, your president studied Botany! So, if there is no student for Anthropology, how come the lecturers in the field?
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by bidey4real(m): 6:33pm On May 17, 2013
Pls hous,lets nt argue and b abusing ourxefs over dis issue. D thread's topic doesn't require any of ths bt an opinion.4 me,i wuldn't mention any course bt my contrbutn is dat one shld go 4 d course he/she has passion 4 and shld prmse hm/hersef wit beta rexults. Mst importantly,one shld av and act over dis 5 secret of suxecez whch are; hardwrkng,desirous,determinatn,commitment,then cover dem up wit prayer.

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by anyaoguluke: 2:33am On Jun 05, 2013
thegame:
damn.how will u define anthropology as the study of insect? i dont think you are a graduate. smiley

Many Nigerians say what they don't actually know, because of Nigerian present circumstance. My knowledge of guidance and counseling made me to understand that no course is useless. As a professional my advise is that people should study what they have the passion for. Prof. Chinualomogu Achebe was a great man of international repute because he studied what he had the passion for. Had he studied law, medicine or any other high sounding course, he may not have excelled much. Nigerians should stop being shortsighted on issues like this. Nigerian situation may change tomorrow. Change is the only thing that is permanent.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by anyaoguluke: 2:37am On Jun 05, 2013
thegame:
damn.how will u define anthropology as the study of insect? i dont think you are a graduate. smiley
Many Nigerians say what they don't actually know, because of Nigerian present circumstance. My knowledge of guidance and counseling made me to understand that no course is useless. As a professional my advise is that people should study what they have the passion for. Prof. Chinualomogu Achebe was a great man of international repute because he studied what he had the passion for. Had he studied law, medicine or any other high sounding course, he may not have excelled much. Nigerians should stop being shortsighted on issues like this. Nigerian situation may change tomorrow. Change is the only thing that is permanent.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by anyaoguluke: 2:50am On Jun 05, 2013
ernpero okeke: PHILOSOPHY grin grin grin grin grin
You better say what you know. Philosophy is for the great minds.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by peleson: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
Phonon:
It seems you did not do very well while you were a student there or someone close to you couldn't cope.Anyone adhering to the above advice is just being naive.
The fact that you/friend/acquaintance/family member found it difficult to cope does not mean others would.
When I first applied to study Applied Physics at UNILAG,people told me that it was hell in that department and that they were all sadists.I told myself if others failed,that is not my problem.I WANT TO STUDY PHYSICS.I applied,got the admission and graduated in due course with good grades.

My brother I was frustrated because I hate to see when people play God because. they happen to be ur lecturer. U cannot compare physics wiith elect/elect now. We did 3 different physics courses with u guys at year 1 n 2 but at no point did anyone in science came close to people from elect/elect so u see even ur lecturer Mr badeyo couldn't coup in his post graduate. Mowete had to yab him "llook mr man, even my students in year 3 will solve this problem. I bet u, it wsnt esy. Where u had to pass ur lecturers b4 u pass ur course n for ur info, I contoured though I didn't finish with the class I was suppose to. There is nothing wrong in having a 1st class na lol. Truth be told,most of those guys are saddistsoooooO
One love
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Phonon: 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
Well, I understand the difficulties. I guess time and chance happened to some us that were lucky to get out with our sanity intact. grin It is all good man. :-)

peleson:

My brother I was frustrated because I hate to see when people play God because. they happen to be ur lecturer. U cannot compare physics wiith elect/elect now. We did 3 different physics courses with u guys at year 1 n 2 but at no point did anyone in science came close to people from elect/elect so u see even ur lecturer Mr badeyo couldn't coup in his post graduate. Mowete had to yab him "llook mr man, even my students in year 3 will solve this problem. I bet u, it wsnt esy. Where u had to pass ur lecturers b4 u pass ur course n for ur info, I contoured though I didn't finish with the class I was suppose to. There is nothing wrong in having a 1st class na lol. Truth be told,most of those guys are saddistsoooooO
One love
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by knarphie1(f): 3:35pm On Jan 25, 2016
NeuroBoss:
Woman, I'm a zoologist with bias in aquaculture. Decieve yourself into believing some courses are not worth their time. Continuing revelling in a Fool's paradise. You need to see me in real life and it won't take you a minute to apologise. I'm doing very well for myself.
If you really want to know more than just reading meaning to courses by their names, it will stupify you to know that there are areas of zoology that gets you working in oil companies, hospitals, research institutes, oceanography and more importantly set you up as an entrepreneur. You're free to quote me if you really want to learn. The french were right when they say, ''Celui qui veut se montrer savant finira par montrer sa folie''
I am a zoologist and i would love tu hear from u concerning prospects in Zoology. Thanks in anticipation
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by knarphie1(f): 3:43pm On Jan 25, 2016
antontech:
Proud graduate of parasitology and entomology.
Wanted medicine b4 but now love dis
Msc 2014....loading
HI. I am a graduate of zoology nd I hope tu du my masters in Parasitology. I would love to hear from you concerning prospects in Parasitology. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by antontech(m): 10:50am On Mar 11, 2016
knarphie1:

HI. I am a graduate of zoology nd I hope tu du my masters in Parasitology. I would love to hear from you concerning prospects in Parasitology. Thanks in anticipation.
Replied your mail
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Taiwosqee4u: 4:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
Pls can some1 tell me hw much a researcher(wit Msc) earns in research institute like nimr, nitr. I'm a medical parasitologist in d making. Tanx
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by EternalTruth: 6:20am On Mar 11, 2017
dearestsewa:
That's a gud course o. U neva lack a library, orgs., schs, companies etc always av library, eg. Shell Library, US Embassy Library etc. Besides, it's beyond being a librarian. I used 2wish I studied LARIS yl an undergraduate.
from the word laris. it's obvious you were a student of UI.

em do u think organizations like shell library could pay the librarians well?
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Fragileheart(f): 9:13am On Mar 12, 2017
Community health, I have never stopped regretting going for that course but is well
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by sunnymighty(m): 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2017
Fragileheart:
Community health, I have never stopped regretting going for that course but is well

This is a nice course if U really knw ur onions. PM me if U are in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Salary For Arik Air Workers / Nairalanders, What Do You Know About UAAG Grant Disbursement? / The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.