Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,738 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? (54484 Views)

Job Seekers: What Course Did U Study? / What Course Did You Study / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by godsony: 2:40am On May 02, 2013
hornipipe: is everything alright?

Medicine: they re glofied native doctors

Law: they re coated agberuus
Engineering: not better than appretice roadside mechanics
Civil Engineering: local bricks layers are better
Accounting: not up to one-tenth a stack illiterate onisher mkt
Trader!
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 2:45am On May 02, 2013
Oluwa D: smileyI love reading treads on N/l; But I have to say the level of thinking of most or should I say some people on this forum is embarrasing.
Personally I believe that all courses are relivant and important, most people are doing one course or another without knowing the importance of the course, just call some people even a graduate to tell you about what they studied or studying, you wouldn't believe their relpy.Our educational system needs help.
no...this is wrong, if you look closely, you will discover there is not enough room for every one in the monopolostic economy....its more of a problem of diversification
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by prospero5(m): 6:08am On May 02, 2013
[don't even go there, denony. Geosciences are in very high demand.]
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by olanshilee(m): 6:55am On May 02, 2013
any related agric courses... Itz hot more dan anytin....
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by misreal(m): 7:06am On May 02, 2013
microbiology and applied chemistry
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by gabbrri(m): 7:34am On May 02, 2013
Ar u sure anthropology is the study of insects?
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by boron10(m): 7:37am On May 02, 2013
gabbrri: Ar u sure anthropology is the study of insects?
Entomology is the study of insect
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Tinyemeka(m): 7:49am On May 02, 2013
austinemar: Oops! Apologies.....my alma mata used to offer parasitology & entomology, was kinda minsing entomology wif antropology.... Am not a dullard & am a graduate of one of the best skuls in nig. Talkin to u!
Your grammar and spellings are atrocious. Justify the fees that were spent na.

And don't tell me that you are a Unizik Giant, else I'll come and flog that your coconut head with a spanner. angry
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by webizone(m): 8:07am On May 02, 2013
ItsModella: Philosophy
History
Fishery
Zoology (how someone could go ahead to get a PhD in this field is beyond me)
Forestry

angry angry angry angry angry

Some zoologists in naija are working in oil companies, go and check. Anyway, I watched a documentary on birds and the commentator was in his element! I now know a side of birds I never knew existed. Now that's some PhD!
Before u attack me, I majored in Electronics, Computer and Telecommunications.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by webizone(m): 8:26am On May 02, 2013
tinnymerit: i could remember i was given pasture and Range management(PRM) in Unaab in 2007,i ran for my dear life,for what?.One man was trying to tell me that as soon as possible all the mallam in the north will shift to southwest because of shortage of grasses.is dat worth living for?.Thanks to God today,its a diff ball game in another field.

LOL, ROTFL, LWKMD!!! LWTIME* Laughing with tears in my eyes* Choi!
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Fussbot: 8:30am On May 02, 2013
Afta suffing through all d pages,I only had dis 2 say

Mae we kuku no go school again grin
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by dearestsewa(f): 8:30am On May 02, 2013
Vorozing: wat about people readin library n information science,wat wil be there future??
That's a gud course o. U neva lack a library, orgs., schs, companies etc always av library, eg. Shell Library, US Embassy Library etc. Besides, it's beyond being a librarian. I used 2wish I studied LARIS yl an undergraduate.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Godmann(m): 8:37am On May 02, 2013
History
Fishery
Forestry

Philosophy is the foundation of knowledge. I may not say much about it as a course; but it remains a beautiful knowledge to acquire. For those that know, all good leaders are Philosophers.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by hollypagan: 10:01am On May 02, 2013
ikpuology
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by kunlej2: 10:20am On May 02, 2013
History
Fishery
Forestry

HEY! REMOVE FISHERY AND FORESTRY FROM THAT LIST. THOSE COURSES ARE NOT AS BAD AS PEOPLE THINK.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by denony(m): 10:24am On May 02, 2013
@ Shaw007: Who is That Re.tard that mentioned Geology?? . . . So we still have ignorant brains in this country!!!

u can go jump into lagoon, how does my comment becomes your problem
the poster asked simple question, everyone has his/her reasons.

Re-tard mudafuka like you should just mind their business. nin.com.poop
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by kunlej2: 10:26am On May 02, 2013
Allen kee:

THAT IS THE COURSE I'M DYING FOR, I HAVE BEEN IN LOVE WITH ACCOUNTING RIGHT FROM SECONDARY SCHOOL AND THAT IS THE SAME COURSE I'M ASPIRING TO STUDY.

I DON'T MEAN TO INSULT YOU BUT I JUST HAVE TO SAY WHAT'S ON MY MIND RIGHT NOW. IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT RUSH TO STUDY ACCOUNTING WITHOUT CARING TO KNOW WHAT THE COURSE WILL DEMAND FROM YOU!

PEOPLE LIKE YOU RUSH TO CHOSE ACCOUNTING THEREBY MAKING THE COURSE VERY COMPETITIVE FOR THOSE THAT LOVE ACCOUNTING TO THE BONE.

JUST IMAGINE, A TOTAL NUMBER OF 14,000+ CANDIDATES CHOSE ACCOUNTING IN YABA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY FOR THIS YEAR'S ADMISSION, CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW COMPETITIVE THAT WILL BE? KNOWING FULLY WELL THAT THE SCHOOL IS NOT GOING TO ADMIT ABOVE 500 CANDIDATES FOR THE COURSE.

NO HARD FEELINGS AGAINST YOU IN ANYWAY THOUGH.
that is why we have anan and ican to differentiate the professional from the quacks
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by kunlej2: 10:28am On May 02, 2013
as Nigeria develops, some irrelevant courses will become hot cakes.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by denony(m): 10:49am On May 02, 2013
Shaw007: honestly!! . . He has to be!

No, it's daft people like you who is suffering from unknown syndrome (mamula like u)
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by PrinceChibueze1(m): 10:51am On May 02, 2013
Engineering courses are d best bcoz it is all about creativity unless u are not talented.
austinemar: Hello nairalanders, i would like to believe that at dis point in our careers, we can offer our advice to anyone who wish to build a career for him/herself. Talking about choosing a course in the university, what course would you not advise anyone to study?....

i have a list of courses but lets hear from u guys first.....Please this thread is intended for only serious minded individuals
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Yornandrew: 11:03am On May 02, 2013
For job seekers, please don't read any of these courses -Fisheries, Zoology, Botany, Hstory, Philosophy, Forestry, Wildelife Management,Political Science, Physcology, Animal Science, Vetinary Medicine, Physics, Biology, Geography, Sociology, Fine Art, Chemistry and Microbiology.

Please Read-Any of the Engineering Courses, Medicine, Accounting, Hotel and Catering Management, Estate Management, Quantity Survey, Biochemsitry, Law, Pharmacy, Mathematics, Statistics, Public Health, Food and Nutrition, Agricultural Economics,some foreign languages especially Chinese, Education, Computer Science, Architechure, Environmental Science and Geology
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by austinemar: 11:17am On May 02, 2013
Tinyemeka:
Your grammar and spellings are atrocious. Justify the fees that were spent na.

And don't tell me that you are a Unizik Giant, else I'll come and flog that your coconut head with a spanner. angry

Concentr8 on d matta @ hand & dnt digress dis progres. U dont undstnd a simple typo error? Yea, was a zikite...any prob wif dat dude?
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 11:34am On May 02, 2013
Please guys, could you tell me if these courses are good Tourism and Hospitality Management? Any opportunity in Nigeria or abroad? Thanks.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 02, 2013
Yoruba Edukasion(Education)..#Datsall
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 02, 2013
Well IMO, there is nothing like a useless course. If you go round some companies asking some employees what they studied, you would be quite amused. My own advise is study a course that best suits your talents and abilities or a course that would enhance your skill. If you really love music and you want to be a musician, then develop your self along that line. Studying a course based on the current job market, is not the best, cos you may end up spending years studying a course which at the end of the day, you would never practice, e.g like the case of most people who read medicine!!! My Opinion though!
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Shaw007(m): 1:12pm On May 02, 2013
denony: @ Shaw007: Who is That Re.tard that mentioned Geology?? . . . So we still have ignorant brains in this country!!!

u can go jump into lagoon, how does my comment becomes your problem
the poster asked simple question, everyone has his/her reasons.

Re-tard mudafuka like you should just mind their business. nin.com.poop

Jesus christ!! . . See what I mean,your truly Re.tarded . . . I should to think it people were just trying to be creative whenever they said Ignorance is a diesease, but you My friend!! Have made it clear that it truly is
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Shaw007(m): 1:18pm On May 02, 2013
denony:

No, it's daft people like you who is suffering from unknown syndrome (mamula like u)
Unknown syndrome?? Really??

You actually mentioned Geosciences as an area any student shouldn't go to In Nigeria,and I'm the one suffering from Unknown syndrome?? Really??

Christ!! I bet you'r still in High scool!!
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Datsme: 1:34pm On May 02, 2013
Phonon: This question is one that has many answers.In an ideal situation,people should study what they believe they have the flair and aptitude for.Nigeria does present peculiar circumstances.The economic reality on the ground has to match your choice of what course to study.I see many young people who have the intelligence to be rocket scientists studying Medicine (with all due respect to the profession).Parents are the number one problem because they push their naive children into studying what they think would give them a job immediately they graduate without finding out if their children have the ability to handle such.The usual suspects:Medicine,Law,Engineering,Accounting.

I would not say there is any course that is 'bad' to study but it would not make any sense to study Anthropology in Nigeria and after graduation you start complaining that you have not found a job.
Our universities churn out a large number of engineering,medical and law graduates yearly and the key question is,"how many of these graduates work in an organisation directly related to their field of study?"

The best way to know what course to study(if your interest is to get a meal ticket after graduation) is to take a look at the present job market and see if your desired course is in high demand.If it is not,GOOD LUCK.
[color=]
Phonon: This question is one that has many answers.In an ideal situation,people should study what they believe they have the flair and aptitude for.Nigeria does present peculiar circumstances.The economic reality on the ground has to match your choice of what course to study.I see many young people who have the intelligence to be rocket scientists studying Medicine (with all due respect to the profession).Parents are the number one problem because they push their naive children into studying what they think would give them a job immediately they graduate without finding out if their children have the ability to handle such.The usual suspects:Medicine,Law,Engineering,Accounting.

I would not say there is any course that is 'bad' to study but it would not make any sense to study Anthropology in Nigeria and after graduation you start complaining that you have not found a job.
Our universities churn out a large number of engineering,medical and law graduates yearly and the key question is,"how many of these graduates work in an organisation directly related to their field of study?"

The best way to know what course to study(if your interest is to get a meal ticket after graduation) is to take a look at the present job market and see if your desired course is in high demand.If it is not,GOOD LUCK.
[/color]

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Datsme: 1:40pm On May 02, 2013
phonon has said the needed truth but in addition to his 2nd to d last paragraph, I want to say dat dont go for philosophy for it seems it has nothing good to offer in our environment
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Datsme: 1:47pm On May 02, 2013
History
Fishery
Forestry

I agree with all except for fishery simply because fish eating is a daily habit
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Acidosis(m): 1:49pm On May 02, 2013
Anatomy
Physiology
Veterinary medicine
Agronomy
Zoology
Philosophy
C.R.K
Agricultural Extension
Mettalurgy
Music Education
Fine and applied arts
Sociology
Medical biochemistry
Medical microbiology
Theatre arts
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Osaro4u2k(m): 1:49pm On May 02, 2013
I just read thru all your comments and i discover one thing 90% of those who sound negative and mention various names of courses not to study are illiterate, senior secondary school students and jambitos who have no chance of studying one, but if you are a graduate from any field and you still mention names of courses not to study YOUR EDUCATION IS A BIG WASTE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men / Nairalanders, What Do You Know About UAAG Grant Disbursement? / Halliburton - Trainee Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.