Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? (54516 Views)

Job Seekers: What Course Did U Study? / What Course Did You Study / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Acidosis(m): 1:50pm On May 02, 2013
Anatomy
Physiology
Veterinary medicine
Agronomy
Zoology
Philosophy
C.R.K
Agricultural Extension
Mettalurgy
Music Education
Fine and applied arts
Sociology
Medical biochemistry
Medical microbiology
Theatre arts
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by OCcool: 2:57pm On May 02, 2013
chimexcomm: MICROBIOLOGYY
U must be silly
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by nickxtra(m): 3:59pm On May 02, 2013
Philosophy is one of the best courses a good scholar should go, except you are a lazy thinker, whose reason for going to school is to make money and not to leave a lasting intellectual legacy. Check out about great names, they are all great thinkers who have fashioned the way man and the world should live. Go for Philosophy friends.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by antontech(m): 4:30pm On May 02, 2013
austinemar: Oops! Apologies.....my alma mata used to offer parasitology & entomology, was kinda minsing entomology wif antropology.... Am not a dullard & am a graduate of one of the best skuls in nig. Talkin to u!
Proud graduate of parasitology and entomology.
Wanted medicine b4 but now love dis
Msc 2014....loading
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by antontech(m): 4:34pm On May 02, 2013
ItsModella: Philosophy
History
Fishery
Zoology (how someone could go ahead to get a PhD in this field is beyond me)
Forestry

angry angry angry angry angry
change dat ur orientatn,ask zoology lecturers hw much they earn monthly.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by denony(m): 4:38pm On May 02, 2013
Shaw007: Jesus christ!! . . See what I mean,your truly Re.tarded . . . [b]I should to think it people were [/b]just trying to be creative whenever they said Ignorance is a diesease, but you My friend!! Have made it clear that it truly is

can't even understand ur english, sorry. zombie angry
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by antontech(m): 4:40pm On May 02, 2013
adaobi123: abeg what is mass communications ?

all i here is 'i study mass comm at unizik' blah blah
synonym is mass media studies
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by denony(m): 4:41pm On May 02, 2013
Shaw007: Unknown syndrome?? Really??

You actually mentioned Geosciences as an area any student shouldn't go to In Nigeria,and I'm the one suffering from Unknown syndrome?? Really??

Christ!! I bet you'r still in High scool!!

It had be better if I am still in high school, than being an educated illiterate like you
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Soloblincus(m): 5:23pm On May 02, 2013
Monjerk: Dam it! Don't study Masterbation ,I hate dat course, dat course is too difficult n at d end no job. When I was in d Uni, My friend dat was studying d course was always complaining dat d course was too difficult. grin grin grin
can u pls tell me more about dis course?
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by jarkata(m): 5:48pm On May 02, 2013
bettymafy: List of courses i wouldn't advise anyone willing to work in Nigeria to study. This is not because of their relevance, but because of their employability. Most graduate of these courses regret studying them because of the ordeal they went/go through in the labour market.

Veterinary medicine

Zoology

Botany

Biology

Microbiology

Physiology

Anatomy

Physical and health education

Adult education

Fishery

Crop science

Soil science

Psychology

Sociology and anthropology

History

Biochemistry

Political science

Business admin

International relations and diplomacy

Languages (foreign and local)

Law

Christian religious studies

Horticulture

Environmental science and
toxicology

Geography and regional planning

Urban development

Agric engineering

Mass communication

Theater arts

Music

more to come. . .
Na wa o ,hw many courses con remain to study
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by virus2010(m): 6:26pm On May 02, 2013
social works aka ajaye work
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by rhemal: 7:01pm On May 02, 2013
ItsModella: Philosophy
History
Fishery
Zoology (how someone could go ahead to get a PhD in this field is beyond me)
Forestry

angry angry angry angry angry

On Fisheries?I would strongly disagree with you on that.my husband studied that and is doing very well today on his own.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Shaw007(m): 7:59pm On May 02, 2013
denony:

It had be better if I am still in high school, than being an educated illiterate like you
i don't blame you!! I blame your parents for Educating you with money that would have been productive with charity!! What a waste!

You can't even defend your own post,
na me sef Bleep up,wey dey follow you drag matter wey no be argument,high school kid!
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 02, 2013
antontech: synonym is mass media studies

ohh I see. Thanks
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by tundelomo(m): 10:06pm On May 02, 2013
[quote author=bettymafy]List of courses i wouldn't advise anyone willing to work in Nigeria to study. This is not because of their relevance, but because of their employability. Most graduate of these courses regret studying them because of the ordeal they went/go through in the labour market.

Veterinary medicine

Zoology

Botany

Biology

Microbiology

Physiology

Anatomy

Adult education

Fishery

Crop science

Soil science

Psychology

History

Biochemistry

Political science

Business admin

Law

Horticulture

toxicology

Urban development

Agric engineering

Mass communication

Theater arts

Music

more to come. . .
like seriously? [quote author=bettymafy]List of courses i wouldn't advise anyone willing to work in Nigeria to study. This is not because of their relevance, but because of their employability. Most graduate of these courses regret studying them because of the ordeal they went/go through in the labour market.

Veterinary medicine

Zoology

Botany

Biology

Microbiology

Physiology

Anatomy

Adult education

Fishery

Crop science

Soil science

Psychology

History

Biochemistry

Political science

Business admin

Law

Horticulture

toxicology

Urban development

Agric engineering

Mass communication

Theater arts

Music

more to come. . .
like seriously?
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by tundelomo(m): 10:40pm On May 02, 2013
bettymafy: List of courses i wouldn't advise anyone willing to work in Nigeria to study. This is not because of their relevance, but because of their employability. Most graduate of these courses regret studying them because of the ordeal they went/go through in the labour market.

Veterinary medicine

Zoology

Botany

Biology

Microbiology

Physiology

Anatomy

Adult education

Fishery

Crop science

Soil science

Psychology

History

Biochemistry

Political science

Business admin

Law

Horticulture

toxicology

Urban development

Agric engineering

Mass communication

Theater arts

Music

more to come. . .
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by everyday: 11:11pm On May 02, 2013
Don't study igbo language cause you will not work at biafran embassy
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by babanne(m): 11:47pm On May 02, 2013
Temismith: Mortuary science
law edu
craze maintainance
etc.

which one is craze maintenance?
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by wandevincent(m): 1:08am On May 03, 2013
Geology is a nice course
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by rezzy: 3:03am On May 03, 2013
bettymafy:

Is he working as a Biochemist? Your arguement doesn't hold water. Any graduate of any course can be a teacher!

He doesnt want to work as a biochemist because of salary issue. He got a job at unilever but the pay is too small compared to that of teaching, he had to turn it down. Though, he has flare for teaching and aiming to be a lecturer. I thought the Op said worst course to study in Nigeria?
There are some courses you read in the uni and you cant even get a decent teaching job. E.g Lib sci edu, vet med etc
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by bubu22: 6:32am On May 03, 2013
Agric economics
kunle86: Agric engineering.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 7:35am On May 03, 2013
IN naiJa, All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by pure123: 8:49am On May 03, 2013
YORUBA EDUCATION
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 8:56am On May 03, 2013
I've really seen some really dumb posts here. Dis 'course segregation' stuff is the reason Nigerian academic system had remained backward.
Hw can u freely list a number of courses and term them the 'studyables' while other fields remains relatively untapped, very lucrative fields at that!
If not 4 zoology, I guess many Nigerians will still not know how to artificially produce thousands of catfish fingerlings from two adult stock or even aware one can produce gallons of honey in a field as small as a volleyball court.
May be you've not seen where one tree bears more than four kinds of citrus fruits--that's botany at work there and believe me many Nigerians do pay highly for such thins, even to create a lush lawn in their compounds. Not to mention the hybridisation of many plants now and that medical doctor stops by d road and sees a really huge paw-paw or pineapple and shouts omg, that's big and fresh! I WANT IT!! It's expensive but I'm willing to PAY!
This is only to mention but a few.
No one course is a waste of study years, the wasting is an individual stuff and anyone studying any course can fall a victim too. Yes! Some medical doctors do waste their study years too.
To round off, any course in Nigeria is just as unemployable as the next!! because, the so-called 'good' courses are always crowded and churn out higher number of graduates, higher even than the much expected 'booming' industry can take!! Or do you think all Geology graduates in Nigeria are employed? We even have unemployed doctors these days!!!
CREATE A NICHE FOR YOURSELF TODAY!

3 Likes

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Nobody: 9:02am On May 03, 2013
!
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by denony(m): 9:34am On May 03, 2013
Shaw007: i don't blame you!! I blame your parents for Educating you with money that would have been productive with charity!! What a waste!

You can't even defend your own post,
na me sef Bleep up,wey dey follow you drag matter wey no be argument,high school kid!

Lol, I don't like quarreling with people. This is just a forum bro, you took it personal by calling me a re-tard.

Peace bro grin

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Vires: 9:41am On May 03, 2013
javadoctor: Don't study architecture in Nigeria,2reasons
1.CAD.Computer aided design applications has leverage the production of building and electrical drawings done on paper. Therefore people (mostly non architects) can draw their own design diagrams without consulting an architect. Also people can download building plans online for free. This is the result of a vast growing ICT world where Information technology is making people unemployed.

2. Secondly,architecture can't be fully exploited as a course in Nigeria,in developed countries,architects are known for design,architects draw building plans as well as Cars,machine parts,robots etc.architects are useful in a very developed economy

You must be very clue less, if you think architecture is just about copying and pasting drawings

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Vires: 9:44am On May 03, 2013
So many useful and relevant courses being labelled as useless here.
I am really sorry for the future of this country
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by maxygirl(f): 10:46am On May 03, 2013
Wood products Engineering
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by Watinhapen(m): 2:32pm On May 03, 2013
[b][/b]Different people here with different opinions,anyway this is 2013 not 80's anymore so I'll advice prospective students to study courses that will be relevant and in high demand in years to come.This is not about luck or my friend studied zoology and he/she is working in an oil company,just study what you know will be in high demand and relevant to the society and company when you graduate.Every job now revolves around Information Technology,so if I'm to choose the best course to major on, it will be IT cos there's no office or company now that won't need the services of an IT graduate.
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by suparrboi(m): 6:25pm On May 03, 2013
are u pple 4 real (telecommunications naa . Na wa oh
Re: What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study? by AjenaviMark(m): 8:45pm On May 03, 2013
austinemar: Hello nairalanders, i would like to believe that at dis point in our careers, we can offer our advice to anyone who wish to build a career for him/herself. Talking about choosing a course in the university, what course would you not advise anyone to study?....

i have a list of courses but lets hear from u guys first.....Please this thread is intended for only serious minded individuals
PLEASE
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE LINK ME UP WITH WHERE I CAN GET WATER FOUNTAIN ACCESSORIES, ESPECIALLY POOL LIGHTS. Contact 08037191341

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men / Nairalanders, What Do You Know About UAAG Grant Disbursement? / Halliburton - Trainee Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.