Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,852 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:04 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (428156 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by principo(f): 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
komakan: Bro. The issue of hotel is also important for those coming outside Lagos, I reside in Abuja. Pls, any information as per cheap hotel close to Embassy will be of help. Thanks.
Before we decided to take a taxi ,a family friend had earlier made arrangement for us to put up in a hotel at obalende.he said a short cut would take you there on foot in 30mins.cost 5k,but we decided to put up at my uncles place.if interested in the hotel let me know so i can get the address.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by principo(f): 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
[quote author=Obatide]

Good one.
pls, what is the cost of taxi from that Sango to the embassy.[/quote.
I guess it depends on your power of bargain.we paid 4,500.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ayooyee: 10:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
junkerhill: Wow!! Never knew the pages of this thread has gotten to 100. My gratitude goes to those who has been of help to you guys; people like Roodboy, Kevwe-flex and many others i dont know of, may the good Lord reward you and may your heart desires all be granted.

Got my greencard and ssn last week and now ready to move on. Just want to remind you guys that patience is very much needed throughout the process of this lottery. starting from the point or date of application to when point of getting your green card. You need to exercise a lot of patient and never fail to commit every step into the hands of God. Always ask question whenever you dont understand anything and always do everything by the book. Following short cuts will only get you into trouble. Even if i'm nt here to answer your questions, i bleiev there are so many good samaritans that will answer all your questions willingly to your satisfaction.

i pray that you all find what you are looking for. Once again my regards to Roodboy, he is a wonderful man, he was with me when the road was tough and i thank God for remembering him and not leaving him behind. Roodboy, it shall be well with you. You have a good heart. America needs people like you.
ONE LOVE!!
@junkerhill i learnt u r in AtlantaG. pls hw long did it tak u 2proces ur greencard n SSN(wks or daz) cos im comg 2 Atlanta georgia,then hw much s flight tickt 4rm MMA 2atlanta.PLS reply
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jagajaga79: 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
kamaka i really apprecaite ur quick reponse.one more question,in my application form there is a place there which is nos 10 and 11 question ,which ask if some one know person in the state but i dont have my friend uncle contact at that time so i put N/A in that question ,so when he visit nigeria last month i explain to him and my friend told his uncle and he told me he will give me the address and the phone number which he did,but i read it from last year trend that is a must that some one must get a relation in the state so i mail KCC immediatly but the response giving to me was that my case is in process.but they didnt answer my question,as to may be i should send the the answer to question 10 and 11 to them if they can help me right it on my application form before my case will be current and before my application will be forward to embassy.so now i want house to please help me on this issue and what to do on this issue.this is just the place am so confused.i will really appreciate if my response if been giving good idea and advise thanks to all memeber of the house
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 11:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
westcodes:

Yes, special emphasis on Nigeria of course. So many were denied, let's all put our houses in order before going for the interview, God bless us all

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 11:48pm On Oct 14, 2013
junkerhill: My brother i'm in Atlanta, Georgia. How is yours going? when is your interview?

Congrats. How's Atlanta? Trust you are having a nice time there? Well for my interview, I'm not current yet. Hopefully next year.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 12:26am On Oct 15, 2013
ukemeglitter: Thanks guy.

God bless you

And please I want to know when you did your own?

Is N3.5k the current price?

I did mine sometime last month (I.e september 2013) and that's how much I paid. Don't forget to take a passport picture of one of ur parents. The cost includes the affidavit. U can even send someone to do it for u if ur work schedule is very tight
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by yonatanaberha: 12:30am On Oct 15, 2013
I am new member of this house and winner of dv2014...I just sent my document this month in October to kcc. My cn is 10xxx. do you think? I will receive second notification later this Nov. Your answer is highly appreciated....Be blessed
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 1:00am On Oct 15, 2013
yonatan aberha: I am new member of this house and winner of dv2014...I just sent my document this month in October to kcc. My cn is 10xxx. do you think? I will receive second notification later this Nov. Your answer is highly appreciated....Be blessed

My cn is 49xx and I sent my documents to KCC late June and I am yet to receive my 2NL. Meanwhile ur case is not even current yet. I think it is up to 8k ish for december so at the earliest, urs may come 1st quater of next year
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 2:44am On Oct 15, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Congrats. How's Atlanta? Trust you are having a nice time there? Well for my interview, I'm not current yet. Hopefully next year.
yes brother, atlanta is good, though I'm yet to understand how their weather works over here. At 7pm, the sun is still shining and 8pm its yet to be dark.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 3:19am On Oct 15, 2013
ayooyee:
@junkerhill i learnt u r in AtlantaG. pls hw long did it tak u 2proces ur greencard n SSN(wks or daz) cos im comg 2 Atlanta georgia,then hw much s flight tickt 4rm MMA 2atlanta.PLS reply

We will be pleased to have you in atlanta. Atlanta is good and their weather is a good like tht of texas. The cost of living is low to compare to N.Y., chicago or L.A. There are many africans in Atlanta especially Nigerians, but We only have 4 nairalanders in atlanta and each one of us will give you all the assistance you need to be like others. AS for the green card and SSN, it took me 3days to get my SSN and 3weeks to get my green.
Flight ticket to anywhere in america depends on many things;
1: the airline
2: the time of the year
3: Your destination
4: the class of the airline
5: nearness of the date of your departure to the date you bought the ticket purchase.
6: direct flight or connecting flight

All these are what you have to put into consideration before buying your ticket. I did my research very well before i bought my ticket and i expect you to do the same irrespective of where you are going in America.
As for me, i had little money on me so i went for the
one my money could buy. There few airline with cheap ticket to America and they are; Emirates, Royal air Maroc, Qatar, Egyptair etc. I knew going with a direct flight would cost me much so i took some connecting flights that took me to Atlanta, and it also helped me to see som places i had only seen on TV. i will just giv u a brief summary of my journey to US. i went with Emirates, which was the cheapest as at the time i traveled and dont know how much it is now.
From MMA to Dubai, we connected a flight that took us to New York from dubai. From New
York, another flight to Charlotte then another flight from Charlotte to Atlanta. I know it sounds
stressful bt i got it #190,000 cheaper if i had gone
with a direct flight. From MMA to NY wit emirates was 140k, so when I got to New York, I got another flight( U.S. airways) that took me to ATL wit 49k.

MMA ---- Dubai (7hrs)
Dubai ---- New York (13hrs 30mins)
New York --- Charlotte (2hrs)
Charlotte --- Atlanta ( 1hr 30min)
Its was 4 flights in all but You can save yourself the stress if you have the money, but its fun to visit som of these places. If you have enough time you can walk around and see som places while waiting to connect your flight. Emirate has 3 diff flights from MMA to NY everyday and their connecting time differs, one is 2hrs, the other is 8hrs while the 3rd is either 15 or 19hrs. The choice is yours. These are all you need to know before booking a flight. Most times agents don't explain all these things to people, that's why you need to do your research very well before buying your ticket. I will advice you to buy the one with least connecting time, trust me, you don't want to stay for hours waiting to connect your flight cos it could be very boring if you are traveling alone. Just make sure you do your research very well before you buy your ticket.

4 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 7:10am On Oct 15, 2013
junkerhill: yes brother, atlanta is good, though I'm yet to understand how their weather works over here. At 7pm, the sun is still shining and 8pm its yet to be dark.

Hmm what a weather. I think it has to do with equinox. Hw's Atlanta as per job opportunity and cost of living compared to Texas?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 7:35am On Oct 15, 2013
principo: .
Before we decided to take a taxi ,a family friend had earlier made arrangement for us to put up in a hotel at obalende.he said a short cut would take you there on foot in 30mins.cost 5k,but we decided to put up at my uncles place.if interested in the hotel let me know so i can get the address.
Sis. I will appreciate if you can forward d address to me. Thanks for ur response.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ayooyee: 7:37am On Oct 15, 2013
junkerhill:

We will be pleased to have you in atlanta. Atlanta is good and their weather is a good like tht of texas. The cost of living is low to compare to N.Y., chicago or L.A. There are many africans in Atlanta especially Nigerians, but We only have 4 nairalanders in atlanta and each one of us will give you all the assistance you need to be like others. AS for the green card and SSN, it took me 3days to get my SSN and 3weeks to get my green.
Flight ticket to anywhere in america depends on many things;
1: the airline
2: the time of the year
3: Your destination
4: the class of the airline
5: nearness of the date of your departure to the date you bought the ticket purchase.
6: direct flight or connecting flight

All these are what you have to put into consideration before buying your ticket. I did my research very well before i bought my ticket and i expect you to do the same irrespective of where you are going in America.
As for me, i had little money on me so i went for the
one my money could buy. There few airline with cheap ticket to America and they are; Emirates, Royal air Maroc, Qatar, Egyptair etc. I knew going with a direct flight would cost me much so i took some connecting flights that took me to Atlanta, and it also helped me to see som places i had only seen on TV. i will just giv u a brief summary of my journey to US. i went with Emirates, which was the cheapest as at the time i traveled and dont know how much it is now.
From MMA to Dubai, we connected a flight that took us to New York from dubai. From New
York, another flight to Charlotte then another flight from Charlotte to Atlanta. I know it sounds
stressful bt i got it #190,000 cheaper if i had gone
with a direct flight. From MMA to NY wit emirates was 140k, so when I got to New York, I got another flight( U.S. airways) that took me to ATL wit 49k.

MMA ---- Dubai (7hrs)
Dubai ---- New York (13hrs 30mins)
New York --- Charlotte (2hrs)
Charlotte --- Atlanta ( 1hr 30min)
Its was 4 flights in all but You can save yourself the stress if you have the money, but its fun to visit som of these places. If you have enough time you can walk around and see som places while waiting to connect your flight. Emirate has 3 diff flights from MMA to NY everyday and their connecting time differs, one is 2hrs, the other is 8hrs while the 3rd is either 15 or 19hrs. The choice is yours. These are all you need to know before booking a flight. Most times agents don't explain all these things to people, that's why you need to do your research very well before buying your ticket. I will advice you to buy the one with least connecting time, trust me, you don't want to stay for hours waiting to connect your flight cos it could be very boring if you are traveling alone. Just make sure you do your research very well before you buy your ticket.
@junkerhil tanx alot 4ur tim 2respond wel.pls wat abt job opportnitys dere.im comg wit my wife, is der greenlite regardg job? Wat is ur nam on fbuk let m add u so we can chat anytim.tanx bro i knw we wil meet nxyr dere. IJN
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 10:43am On Oct 15, 2013
ayooyee:
@junkerhil tanx alot 4ur tim 2respond wel.pls wat abt job opportnitys dere.im comg wit my wife, is der greenlite regardg job? Wat is ur nam on fbuk let m add u so we can chat anytim.tanx bro i knw we wil meet nxyr dere. IJN
You hav notin to worry about concerning job. Just find yourself here first then everything will fall into place before you know it. They like employing africans more than the black americans or jamiacans cos they have this believe that africans are hard working.
There is no problem in coming with your wife. Jide, a nairalander is here with his wife and He is doing well. So u don't have any problem coming with your wife. Just know that whoever that is coming whether with wife or without wife, it will be difficult in the beginning bt as time goes on, you will adapt. Coming with wife is always better cos both of you can join together what you earn and make good things out it. You will understand better when you com.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Hmm what a weather. I think it has to do with equinox. Hw's Atlanta as per job opportunity and cost of living compared to Texas?
Texas ranks either number 1 or 2 as a state with the lowest cost of living. So atlanta is higher than texas but lower than L.A and NY when it coms to cost of living.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Boomshakar: 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
junkerhill: Texas ranks either number 1 or 2 as a state with the lowest cost of living. So atlanta is higher than texas but lower than L.A and NY when it coms to cost of living.
@junkerhill or anyone in the house. Please as U.S resumed to work from the Fedral public holiday they had yesterday?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2013
principo: .
Madam, I will appreciate if can send d address to me. Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
jagajaga 79: kamaka i really apprecaite ur quick reponse.one more question,in my application form there is a place there which is nos 10 and 11 question ,which ask if some one know person in the state but i dont have my friend uncle contact at that time so i put N/A in that question ,so when he visit nigeria last month i explain to him and my friend told his uncle and he told me he will give me the address and the phone number which he did,but i read it from last year trend that is a must that some one must get a relation in the state so i mail KCC immediatly but the response giving to me was that my case is in process.but they didnt answer my question,as to may be i should send the the answer to question 10 and 11 to them if they can help me right it on my application form before my case will be current and before my application will be forward to embassy.so now i want house to please help me on this issue and what to do on this issue.this is just the place am so confused.i will really appreciate if my response if been giving good idea and advise thanks to all memeber of the house
Relax ur mind. Its never a big deal. E-mail Kcc with ur case number, ur full name and age accordingly. Quote d number U want to add ur informations and d form to them, you will receive a feedback assuring U that ur informations will be included. Goodluck!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
@junkerhill, congrats to u.. Pls Junkerhill or anyone....Once in the USA, where do we go straight to get SSN and the GREEN CARD.... Thnks much.!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2013
bamideleniayo: @junkerhill, congrats to u.. Pls Junkerhill or anyone....Once in the USA, where do we go straight to get SSN and the GREEN CARD.... Thnks much.!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by sollinty: 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
Am a winner n i av submited my form.and my wife just put to bed what should i do
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
Thank God
Medical done today @ d consultants practice ikoyi.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Boomshakar: 6:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
junkerhill: Texas ranks either number 1 or 2 as a state with the lowest cost of living. So atlanta is higher than texas but lower than L.A and NY when it coms to cost of living.
k
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by principo(f): 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
komakan: Sis. I will appreciate if you can forward d address to me. Thanks for ur response.
famous hotel,odo street,near u.b.a.At obalende bus stop ask for u.b.a.the hotel is on the next street after the bank by the left.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 7:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
sollinty: Am a winner n i av submited my form.and my wife just put to bed what should i do

Fill your child's form ad send it via email to KCC. They will update your case.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 8:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
gokman4u: Thank God
Medical done today @ d consultants practice ikoyi.
Bros,give us details nah!
As in amount u paid and when u were asked 2 come 4 the result.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
Barka de Sallah to all my Muslim brothers and sisters

I wish yu all a very happy Eid-el-kabir and el-Mubarak celebration

Peace & Love
femishow
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
Famous hotel,odo street,near u.b.a.At obalende bus stop ask for u.b.a.the hotel is on the next street after the bank by the left. You will get ur choice of price. Goodluck!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jollyiwin(m): 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
medical on my mind loading. texas loading 30 percent completed already.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 12:01am On Oct 16, 2013
bamideleniayo: @junkerhill, congrats to u.. Pls Junkerhill or anyone....Once in the USA, where do we go straight to get SSN and the GREEN CARD.... Thnks much.!
you don't need to go anywhere for to apply for your GC, it will be sent to you 2-3weeks after you got into the US. For the SNN, u will have to go to Social Security Office to apply for it.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 4:36am On Oct 16, 2013
Pls my peepz make sure u get all ur documents ready bfr interview n read DV2013 Interviews exp u r all gud to go..... Wish you all da very Best........Reporting frm Philadelphia Pennsylvania

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.