Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (427020 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 8:18am On Oct 18, 2013
ade2rasq:

u re right I didnt check well. My case no is 2014AF00003***
Correct,you are current in October,did you say you send your forms to KCC in June,if so,you should be expecting your 2NL or use your confirmation numer to check if the 2NL has landed. hope this help.

CHEERS
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 9:37am On Oct 18, 2013
okeymen:

If you are married when you applied and you applied as single, your disqualification will be automatic regardless of your faith.

In this case, the couple can get married if they want but should be prepared to live with whatever comes out of it. it is not a do or die affair. the fact that it worked for one couple is no guarantee that it will work for the other. Having said that, the lady should realize that if they do push the married angle and it does not work, they will probably spend the rest of their married lives regretting the decision and the guy will probably blame her for all his misfortunes. the very foundation of what she is fighting for may be destroyed if they are the type that cant get over things like that easily.

You've hit the nail on the head. The primary intent of the OPs girlfriend is to take advantage of the derivative visa and that is the most frowned upon issue in DV cases. I wonder if she'll insist on going with the OP if it was a non immigrant case....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 9:37am On Oct 18, 2013
okeymen:

If you are married when you applied and you applied as single, your disqualification will be automatic regardless of your faith.

In this case, the couple can get married if they want but should be prepared to live with whatever comes out of it. it is not a do or die affair. the fact that it worked for one couple is no guarantee that it will work for the other. Having said that, the lady should realize that if they do push the married angle and it does not work, they will probably spend the rest of their married lives regretting the decision and the guy will probably blame her for all his misfortunes. the very foundation of what she is fighting for may be destroyed if they are the type that cant get over things like that easily.

You've hit the nail on the head. The primary intent of the OPs girlfriend is to take advantage of the derivative visa and that is the most frowned upon issue in DV cases. I wonder if she'll insist on going with the OP if it was a non immigrant case....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 9:44am On Oct 18, 2013
Let's just hope second draw is real. Because they didn't state it categorically on their website that on october 22nd 2013 there will be second draw. But if there is second draw, i pray i win. Cheers.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by opilekzy: 11:21am On Oct 18, 2013
@ folaonhigh u're right, cos it was only stated once there maybe another selection in Oct. But there was no specific date. Let's just hope so cheesy
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 11:48am On Oct 18, 2013
Hello House, what did U pple understand by re-entry form? Actually, myself and family are not ready to base in America. When we get our visa my wife and children will apply for re-entry on getting to America while I will stay behind due to her Job. When we joined heads together we still prefer her Job in Nigeria because she has attained a certain level at work. Then my children will finish their secondary school in Nigeria b4 they can join me for their higher school. A friend of mine a Nigerian- American lawyer in Texas advised to do so. Hoping to Dallas in Texas.Pls can u shed more knowledge/ advise. Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
pls guys help me real fast. If i get npc birth certificate from my local govt, instead of going to surulere, would they accept it at the embassy? And secondly from what i just gathered frm my l.g.a, they say that if u are above 18, u cant get the birth cert, u can get only atestation. But from what i gathered here, attestation is only 4 those born b4 1992. Am 1993, and it's getting me confused. Detailed explanation will help pls.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
komakan: Hello House, what did U pple understand by re-entry form? Actually, myself and family are not ready to base in America. When we get our visa my wife and children will apply for re-entry on getting to America while I will stay behind due to her Job. When we joined heads together we still prefer her Job in Nigeria because she has attained a certain level at work. Then my children will finish their secondary school in Nigeria b4 they can join me for their higher school. A friend of mine a Nigerian- American lawyer in Texas advised to do so. Hoping to Dallas in Texas.Pls can u shed more knowledge/ advise. Thanks.

Travelling outside of the United States for up to a year or more with out a re entry permit could have severe consequences as it could be determined you have abandoned your residency. Your friends advice is on point. Bear in mind re entry permits are generally valid for 2 years also if your spouse intends to apply for naturalization, staying outside the states for more than a year will break the rule of continuous residency of 5 years required. God bless
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
maikeal: pls guys help me real fast. If i get npc birth certificate from my local govt, instead of going to surulere, would they accept it at the embassy? And secondly from what i just gathered frm my l.g.a, they say that if u are above 18, u cant get the birth cert, u can get only atestation. But from what i gathered here, attestation is only 4 those born b4 1992. Am 1993, and it's getting me confused. Detailed explanation will help pls.
pls any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
westcodes:

Travelling outside of the United States for up to a year or more with out a re entry permit could have severe consequences as it could be determined you have abandoned your residency. Your friends advice is on point. Bear in mind re entry permits are generally valid for 2 years also if your spouse intends to apply for naturalization, staying outside the states for more than a year will break the rule of continuous residency of 5 years required. God bless
Thanks. You mean even re-entry is not more than 2years? Advise on Naturalization. Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
maikeal: pls guys help me real fast. If i get npc birth certificate from my local govt, instead of going to surulere, would they accept it at the embassy? And secondly from what i just gathered frm my l.g.a, they say that if u are above 18, u cant get the birth cert, u can get only atestation. But from what i gathered here, attestation is only 4 those born b4 1992. Am 1993, and it's getting me confused. Detailed explanation will help pls.
So nobody can help me embarassed
So nobody can help me
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 4:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
There is nothing to be confused about because people born b4 1992 are given (Attestation of Birth), while people born after 1992 are given Birth Certificate and also note that Birth Certificate or Attestation of Birth is obtainable anywhere in the country provided it is issued from NPC.

Hope it helps

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by eshorameh: 4:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
i want to find out if my children birth certificate under the ages of 2-4years will be accepted in the embassy without getting the NPC OWN for then
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by karsah: 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
[my second notification drop oooooo,thanks be to GOD

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by karsah: 5:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
my interview is in december fellas
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
My Interview is in December.. 2NL just land!! GOD HELP ME!

Pls guys, do I still need to take my 1NL along wit me?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Darhmee(f): 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
2ND NL haffff Land oh!!.. interview is in dec 3rd.. Guys put my family in your prayers... I know God who started this will complete it for My Family and each and every one of us In Jesus Name.. Cheers!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
congrats, it will be easy.... u will see favor
Darhmee: 2ND NL haffff Land oh!!.. interview is in dec 3rd.. Guys put my family in your prayers... I know God who started this will complete it for My Family and each and every one of us In Jesus Name.. Cheers!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
yes take it.
bukiemma: My Interview is in December.. 2NL just land!! GOD HELP ME!

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 7:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
XYZZ: yes take it.

I can't find my 1NL pls, hope this won't be a problem during interview?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
ukemeglitter: There is nothing to be confused about because people born b4 1992 are given (Attestation of Birth), while people born after 1992 are given Birth Certificate and also note that Birth Certificate or Attestation of Birth is obtainable anywhere in the country provided it is issued from NPC.

Hope it helps

thank u so much ukeme, what a relief.. So what i'll get is birth certificate right?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 7:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
Darhmee: 2ND NL haffff Land oh!!.. interview is in dec 3rd.. Guys put my family in your prayers... I know God who started this will complete it for My Family and each and every one of us In Jesus Name.. Cheers!
Amen!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
Yes, dats the one you need.

maikeal: thank u so much ukeme, what a relief.. So what i'll get is birth certificate right?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
The 1NL is always on DV website until the 2NL drops.

So you need not to worry about losing it, you can always go to DV website with your
CONFIRMATION NUMBER,
YEAR OF BIRTH,
and your SURNAME
to get another copy.

Hope this helps

bukiemma:

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
karsah: [my second notification drop oooooo,thanks be to GOD
Congrat man,success is yours in Jesus name,Amen.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
bukiemma:

Don't panic, it isn't a problem. From now on, ur 2nl becomes ur reference letter while d 1st becomes void
I've also got my 2nl 4 dec interview. I need fellow members advice and prayers to become a spotless christian, then, every other thing will be added, including a successful interview. God bless u all
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2013
bukiemma: My Interview is in December.. 2NL just land!! GOD HELP ME!

Congrat bros,you shall find favour in the sight of God.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 8:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
Congrat ma,the visa is for you nd family in Jesus name,Amen.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
ukemeglitter: Yes, dats the one you need.

thanks again. U are a kind fellow.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
maikeal: So nobody can help me embarassed So nobody can help me
Well for me, I once asked the VO in the other thread, and he said if is possible to get the NPC Birth certificate we should,that's what is accepted..Besides it won't cost u more than 3K to get it;( Just to be on the safe side....)
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 8:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
You're welcome

Actually that's what this forum is all about, rendering help to one another when needed.

So as for us to succeed.

Please guyz let's not relent effort in making sure we help each other in anyway we can.

God bless us all.

maikeal: thanks again. U are a kind fellow.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Rianatb(f): 8:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
house which type of problem is dis have not seen my 2NL and have check it through my 1NL,av summited my form since july,my case number is 14**

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.