Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,699 members, 7,851,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:19 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (428614 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by karsah: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2013
Amedino1: Pls my peepz make sure u get all ur documents ready bfr interview n read DV2013 Interviews exp u r all gud to go..... Wish you all da very Best........Reporting frm Philadelphia Pennsylvania

GUYS WHEN IS THE 2NL DROPPING AM ANXIOUS TO GET IT
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
Someone asked concerning NPC cert in ph. The address is @ moscow road, After the rivers state house of assembly keep walking forward, walk past high court, keep moving forward, u will see a yellow painted building by the right after nigeria. Journalist something that's the building.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
I was the one asking about it.

Thank you very much,

God bless

Tiwanna: Someone asked concerning NPC cert in ph. The address is @ moscow road, After the rivers state house of assembly keep walking forward, walk past high court, keep moving forward, u will see a yellow painted building by the right after nigeria. Journalist something that's the building.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 2:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
TCPonly:
Bros,give us details nah!
As in amount u paid and when u were asked 2 come 4 the result.
Called the hospital 2days before I actually went there just 2 find out if they would open on sallah public holidays & d cost. I was told they wuld open & d cost is 31k for adult. The lady that spoke wit me on fone said I shld make sure am in d hospital b4 9am.
So I left ibadan 5:30am on tuesday(1st day of sallah holiday) & I got 2 d hospital around 9:10am
Was given a register 2 write my name,at dat time,I met 2 name on d register so my name was No3
We were asked 2 pay 12k for Adult consultation fee(payments was only thru POS cos they dnt accept cash on Saturdays & public holidays) so we payed wit our ATM.
Submit international passport & a photocopy of d data page.
Did blood test & X-ray.
Then see d doctor.
The doctor determines d number of vaccines each applicant is to pay during Physical examination and that adds up to the initial 12k consultation fee.
In my own case,I payed for 2 vaccines(tetanus toxoid which is 2k & MMR which is 6.5k)
So I payed total of 20.5k(consultation 12k + Vaccines 8.5k) @ d hospital
My result will be ready on friday.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lymelyte(m): 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
please gurus.Someone needs your advice.A ghanian friend of mine was trying to fill the dvlottery form today and after filling the form using mozilla firefox,he tried submitting and this message displayed " your submission is currently in the process of being submitted .To retrieve your confirmation page,click the check submission button below" He said he clicked it twice and nothing happened and the same message appear again.
My question now is that is it the mozilla firefox that refused to display the confirmation page or he hasnt submitted his application yet.He wants to avoid sending multiple entries and scared of disqualification..
Please gurus advice.thanks as i await responses.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
westcodes: Incase anyone is interested;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmbWzexdyvIldEs1d3VWWnJoV1BZSTF0R0JGeVRSTFE&usp=drive_web#gid=7

DV cases judged in 2013, it's interesting.
Interesting Stats thanks for sharing
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by EgbonBode: 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
westcodes: Incase anyone is interested;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmbWzexdyvIldEs1d3VWWnJoV1BZSTF0R0JGeVRSTFE&usp=drive_web#gid=7

DV cases judged in 2013, it's interesting.

The statistics is very detailed. From the statistics I am able to see why the case that are current each month are not equal. The distribution of case number is not linear. In the statistics only 18 cases are above case number greater than 20000 out of 2483 cases handled in Lagos.
I could see that about one third of cases in Lagos were refused in 2013.

Please do you know what ready means in the table?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lymelyte(m): 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
please gurus.Someone needs your advice.A ghanian friend of mine was trying to fill the dvlottery form today and after filling the form using mozilla firefox,he tried submitting and this message displayed " your submission is currently in the process of being submitted .To retrieve your confirmation page,click the check submission button below" He said he clicked it twice and nothing happened and the same message appear again.
My question now is that is it the mozilla firefox that refused to display the confirmation page or he hasnt submitted his application yet.He wants to avoid sending multiple entries and scared of disqualification..
Please gurus advice.thanks as i await responses.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 6:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
[quote author=gokman4u]
Called the hospital 2days before I actually went there just 2 find out if they would open on sallah public holidays & d cost. I was told they wuld open & d cost is 31k for adult. The lady that spoke wit me on fone said I shld make sure am in d hospital b4 9am.
So I left ibadan 5:30am on tuesday(1st day of sallah holiday) & I got 2 d hospital around 9:10am
Was given a register 2 write my name,at dat time,I met 2 name on d register so my name was No3
We were asked 2 pay 12k for A
Thanks for the detailed information.I appreciate.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
@Gokman4u,
Thanks for the detailed information.
I appreciate.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by valworld: 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
congratulation!!!
You can contact KCC and inform them abt the situation, you can update the case.
sollinty: Am a winner n i av submited my form.and my wife just put to bed what should i do
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 8:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
EgbonBode:

The statistics is very detailed. From the statistics I am able to see why the case that are current each month are not equal. The distribution of case number is not linear. In the statistics only 18 cases are above case number greater than 20000 out of 2483 cases handled in Lagos.
I could see that about one third of cases in Lagos were refused in 2013.

Please do you know what ready means in the table?

Great observation, ready means your application is ready for interview, most AP cases change to ready before issued and some just remain on ready till the FY ends.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adegokenath(m): 9:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
valworld: congratulation!!!
You can contact KCC and inform them abt the situation, you can update the case.
did u win in may or oct did u check ur status in may1
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cypriankosiso(m): 7:44am On Oct 17, 2013
hello house, plz is thir any body who is current in oct and summited his forms back to kcc as early as jun and is yet to recive his 2NL? Secondly my cas number is 14*** am nt current till feb or mor in 2014, so wen i fill my forms am nt married and i fill lik a singl and did nt fill that any body will follw me to america so i cant wait agin i want to MARRY. And d gals insist sh must follw me if am travling wht will i do bcs tim is nt on my side bcs am old to marry, advice
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2013
Cyprian kosiso: hello house, plz is thir any body who is current in oct and summited his forms back to kcc as early as jun and is yet to recive his 2NL? Secondly my cas number is 14*** am nt current till feb or mor in 2014, so wen i fill my forms am nt married and i fill lik a singl and did nt fill that any body will follw me to america so i cant wait agin i want to MARRY. And d gals insist sh must follw me if am travling wht will i do bcs tim is nt on my side bcs am old to marry, advice

Getting married after finding out you've won will make the CO suspicious, they will work you extra hard during your interview. You need to decide what you think is more important, I believe you don't want to mess up this once in a life time opportunity.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 8:36am On Oct 17, 2013
westcodes:

Getting married after finding out you've won will make the CO suspicious, they will work you extra hard during your interview. You need to decide what you think is more important, I believe you don't want to mess up this once in a life time opportunity.
uhh! Nice advise.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 8:38am On Oct 17, 2013
Cyprian kosiso: hello house, plz is thir any body who is current in oct and summited his forms back to kcc as early as jun and is yet to recive his 2NL? Secondly my cas number is 14*** am nt current till feb or mor in 2014, so wen i fill my forms am nt married and i fill lik a singl and did nt fill that any body will follw me to america so i cant wait agin i want to MARRY. And d gals insist sh must follw me if am travling wht will i do bcs tim is nt on my side bcs am old to marry, advice

Yes o! there are so many. I for one smiley
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 8:49am On Oct 17, 2013
Please house I wish to annouce that my wife put to bed a bouncing baby girl on sunday 13th october. Please rejoice with me and I need your assistance on How to update my form since my case no is in 85++. I wrote to KCC and see what the told me:
Thank you for your inquiry.
Family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified. Extenuating circumstances such as; you have been married or had a child after the initial application submission may be acceptable. If you meet either of these circumstances a photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate, along with English translations, should be provided with the completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms, you may download them at: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html .

Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 8:52am On Oct 17, 2013
Hello My e-family. please for those who had gone for their NPC Age Attestation here in Lagos. Is one parent passport photograph part of the requirement at NPC office??

Thanks in advance
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 8:57am On Oct 17, 2013
Madu77:
Please house I wish to annouce that my wife put to bed a bouncing baby girl on sunday 13th october. Please rejoice with me and I need your assistance on How to update my form since my case no is in 85++. I wrote to KCC and see what the told me:
Family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified. Extenuating circumstances such as; you have been married or had a child after the initial application submission may be acceptable. If you meet either of these circumstances a photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate, along with English translations, should be provided with the completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms, you may download them at: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html .

Thanks and God bless

Congratilulations, having a baby after selection does not in anyway adversely affect your application, you have to download the forms again and send it to KCC with the baby's birth certificate and your application will be updated. You specifically need the DS 230 part I & II form.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 8:58am On Oct 17, 2013
femishow2005: Hello My e-family. please for those who had gone for their NPC Age Attestation here in Lagos. Is one parent passport photograph part of the requirement at NPC office??

Thanks in advance

Yes it is.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by janut: 10:19am On Oct 17, 2013
Madu77:

Thanks and God bless

Very big congrats.
Just follow westcode advise. Download the forms from the website and update accordingly. No issues at all, kcc will surely update your status .

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by principo(f): 10:50am On Oct 17, 2013
initial application -single,sent dsp form -single,interview day -married.equation not balanced.if she love you make she wait.appearing with her is a big risk.go for the interview alone.when you get to the states invite her over for a visit or better still enroll her as an international student if you can afford it.she can work to support her schooling.then u guys can then marry over there.after all you get green kpali(card).i don't know if it makes any sense to you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2013
westcodes:

That's a good advice for som1 that wnts to heed to it. I don't see d reason why she can't wait for you to get settled, then come back and get married to her.

Thanks Westcodes, you are doing a nice job here.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2013
westcodes:

Congratilulations, having a baby after selection does not in anyway adversely affect your application, you have to download the forms again and send it to KCC with the baby's birth certificate and your application will be updated. You specifically need the DS 230 part I & II form.
With or without the certificate, the status will still be updated.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 11:08am On Oct 17, 2013
junkerhill: With or without the certificate, the status will still be updated.

It won't hurt to include it, moreover it states that it should be included.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 11:09am On Oct 17, 2013
Pls, is there any problem about laminated documents during the interview?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 11:12am On Oct 17, 2013
westcodes:

Thanks my brother westcode for your advice, I will act on that since my case no will likely become current in January. Have a lovely day
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 11:46am On Oct 17, 2013
[quote author=principo][/quote]
If you plan to move from Sango-ota to the embassy on the day of your interview.

Please, you need to ensure you had booked or secured the taxi that will take you there.

Ensure you factor a lot of time contigencies into your plan because sango axis to the embassy is a little bit far.

My advice: Engage someone to come & pick you as early as 4.30am. Let the cab driver be known to you or your relative for security reasons.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by hammerh(f): 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
G2Glory:
If you plan to move from Sango-ota to the embassy on the day of your interview.

Please, you need to ensure you had booked or secured the taxi that will take you there.

Ensure you factor a lot of time contigencies into your plan because sango axis to the embassy is a little bit far.

My advice: Engage someone to come & pick you as early as 4.30am. Let the cab driver be known to you or your relative for security reasons.

Please i advise that you get a cheap hotel close by. The devil can be very funny.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
principo: .
famous hotel,odo street,near u.b.a.At obalende bus stop ask for u.b.a.the hotel is on the next street after the bank by the left.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by exteababa(m): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
Closest hotels to the embassey: federal palace hotel (80k/nyt) besyd bonny camp.
Cumberland hotel (17k/nyt) adeola odeku,2min drive to the embassey. I hope this helps

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.