Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,456 members, 7,850,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:07 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (428577 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
exteababa: Closest hotels to the embassey: federal palace hotel (80k/nyt) besyd bonny camp.
Cumberland hotel (17k/nyt) adeola odeku,2min drive to the embassey. I hope this helps
It helps but expensive anyway, I will plan towards it. Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ade2rasq: 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
Hello my fellow nairalanders, has anyone that is current recenly collected 2nl because mine suppose to have landed cos I hv been current since august and I sent my form mid june. I want may be is the recent US shut down that is affecting or something else.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 1:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
ade2rasq: Hello my fellow nairalanders, has anyone that is current recenly collected 2nl because mine suppose to have landed cos I hv been current since august and I sent my form mid june. I want may be is the recent US shut down that is affecting or something else.
you are current since August ke,as you say you are current since August that means its DV 2013 and for your info,DV 2013 is closed since September 30.re-check your CN for us to assist you on when you are current.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
lagdude:
you are current since August ke,as you say you are current since August that means its DV 2013 and for your info,DV 2013 is closed since September 30.re-check your CN for us to assist you on when you are current.

Lol I wonder oooh
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 1:42pm On Oct 17, 2013
bukiemma:

Lol I wonder oooh
Maybe he doesn't know what to be current is all about. I will advise him to send his case number so that you guys can help him out.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
komakan: Pls, is there any problem about laminated documents during the interview?

Vikktorr: Hello VO,

Great Job you are doing on here. God Bless You.

I am a DV2014 selectee. Please, i hope the embassy doesnt have a problem with laminated documents, because all my certificates are laminated.

Thanks in advance for you response.

Regards

VisaOfficer's Response...
We don't care if they're laminated as long as they're real. Good luck!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
ade2rasq: Hello my fellow nairalanders, has anyone that is current recenly collected 2nl because mine suppose to have landed cos I hv been current since august and I sent my form mid june. I want may be is the recent US shut down that is affecting or something else.

Please what's your case number?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 2:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
Pls Guys, when is it appropriate to do the International passports..is it once we get the 2NL?
And 2ndly, are we going for the medical test with passports apart from the bio- data page... Thnks Much..!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 2:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
bamideleniayo: Pls Guys, when is it appropriate to do the International passports..is it once we get the 2NL?
And 2ndly, are we going for the medical test with passports apart from the bio- data page... Thnks Much..!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
bamideleniayo: Pls Guys, when is it appropriate to do the International passports..is it once we get the 2NL?

It won't hurt to get your international passport ready ASAP, you'll only do it once.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 2:11pm On Oct 17, 2013
Vikktorr:

Vikktorr: Hello VO,

Great Job you are doing on here. God Bless You.

I am a DV2014 selectee. Please, i hope the embassy doesnt have a problem with laminated documents, because all my certificates are laminated.

Thanks in advance for you response.

Regards

VisaOfficer's Response...
We don't care if they're laminated as long as they're real. Good luck!
Thanks Vikktorr.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
komakan: Thanks Vikktorr.

You are welcome.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 2:29pm On Oct 17, 2013

You don't even need to win DV lottery to do your passport. it is always to your advantage if you have it and it is valid for 5 years so you can do it now that there is no pressure on you.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by prosperadewunmi(m): 3:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
[quote author=bamideleniayo][/quote] the earlier the better cos if u are 2 wait 4ur 2nl time may not permit u because is nt easy @ passport office here in Lagos and again ur passport must be 6month masure b4 u can travel 2 us if is lottery ooooooo go and read the requirements very well
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
prosperadewunmi: the earlier the better cos if u are 2 wait 4ur 2nl time may not permit u because is nt easy @ passport office here in Lagos and again ur passport must be 6month masure b4 u can travel 2 us if is lottery ooooooo go and read the requirements very well

@prosperadewunmi what do u mean by "passport must be 6month measured b4"?? Are u saying one's passport must be 6months old before one venture to travel? Pls clarify thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by mrrule: 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
Pls I don't knw if anyone is experiencing what am experiencing I ve been trying to open d status page to see if my second letter has droped but just noticed that after puting my confirmation numbers and other details the page won't just open.and my current for this October. Though I called kcc sometimes last week they told they received my formes and they processing it.and this is more than 23 days they have been telling me the same the same thing.am really woried .please it any other way I can acess the page?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by prosperadewunmi(m): 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
mr rule: Pls I don't knw if anyone is experiencing what am experiencing I ve been trying to open d status page to see if my second letter has droped but just noticed that after puting my confirmation numbers and other details the page won't just open.and my current for this October. Though I called kcc sometimes last week they told they received my formes and they processing it.and this is more than 23 days they have been telling me the same the same thing.am really woried .please it any other way I can acess the page?

sir you don't need to worry ur self 4 any just wait ur 2NL will soon land,remember dat you r selected out of millions of poeple is nt by ur power or by ur worry,just belive dat God do it b4 is still alive be calm it will surely come check again by looking @ ur confirmation number one by one with this,i am sure dat the page will hopen

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jagajaga79: 5:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
@prosperadewunmi are u saying passport must be 6month ready before going for interview at the embassy?please shed more light
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ade2rasq: 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2013
lagdude:

u re right I didnt check well. My case no is 2014AFooo3***
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ade2rasq: 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2013
lagdude:

u re right I didnt check well. My case no is 2014AF00003***
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
prosperadewunmi: the earlier the better cos if u are 2 wait 4ur 2nl time may not permit u because is nt easy @ passport office here in Lagos and again ur passport must be 6month masure b4 u can travel 2 us if is lottery ooooooo go and read the requirements very well

I beg to differ, my understanding is that a passport must have 6 more validity before expiry if you're applying for ANY visa. It doesn't matter when it was issued, correct me if I am wrong.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by prosperadewunmi(m): 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
Required Documentation At your interview you must bring the
following; Selectee notification letter which you received from KCC. Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the U.S.
for you and each family member applying
for a visa.pls dont be offended
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by alickic(m): 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2013
komakan: It helps but expensive anyway, I will plan towards it. Thanks.
There is a hotel at okesuna,directly opposite Forthsyte street(the 3rd building), 4k/nyt for single room and 5k/nyt for double room. Okesuna is just 5minutes from Obalende terminal bus stop.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 8:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
alickic:
There is a hotel at okesuna,directly opposite Forthsyte street(the 3rd building), 4k/nyt for single room and 5k/nyt for double room. Okesuna is just 5minutes from Obalende terminal bus stop.
Thanks my bro.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cypriankosiso(m): 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
principo: .
initial application -single,sent dsp form -single,interview day -married.equation not balanced.if she love you make she wait.appearing with her is a big risk.go for the interview alone.when you get to the states invite her over for a visit or better still enroll her as an international student if you can afford it.she can work to support her schooling.then u guys can then marry over there.after all you get green kpali(card).i don't know if it makes any sense to you.
yes i see the sense u r making to me, d equation nt balanced but i tot i wuld hv don it the same way dey do wen ur wif born b4 u travl, all d same i will tell her to wait but u knw women she tot i will marry another fin babe or white woman wen i travl. Thanks for ur advic
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by janut: 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
westcodes:

I beg to differ, my understanding is that a passport must have 6 more validity before expiry if you're applying for ANY visa. It doesn't matter when it was issued, correct me if I am wrong.
You are not wrong at all.
You can do ur passport today and put visa on it tomorrow if granted. What matters is the validity period which differs by visa category and by country.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 9:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
prosperadewunmi: Required Documentation At your interview you must bring the
following; Selectee notification letter which you received from KCC. Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the U.S.
for you and each family member applying
for a visa.pls dont be offended

Cleared now.
This info isn't for new passport holder only for old holder subject to renewal
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by principo(f): 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
mr rule: Pls I don't knw if anyone is experiencing what am experiencing I ve been trying to open d status page to see if my second letter has droped but just noticed that after puting my confirmation numbers and other details the page won't just open.and my current for this October. Though I called kcc sometimes last week they told they received my formes and they processing it.and this is more than 23 days they have been telling me the same the same thing.am really woried .please it any other way I can acess the page?
im surprised that you are still having this problem.have you received any notification from kcc through the e.mail address you filled in your form?if no is the answer,then let me suggest you wait to receive your notification then ( if it still refuses to open)check in a cyber café. Also,if you have forgotten your confirmation number,you will be given an alternative to use,such as the initial email you used in your entry.if you get the information right the page will open.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 10:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
Cyprian kosiso: yes i see the sense u r making to me, d equation nt balanced but i tot i wuld hv don it the same way dey do wen ur wif born b4 u travl, all d same i will tell her to wait but u knw women she tot i will marry another fin babe or white woman wen i travl. Thanks for ur advic

@Cyprian. Well the equation isn't truly balance,but interestingly something can still happen ..faith works wonders.
A similar interview experience case was shared by a member on DV 2013. I can't recall his name but I think sometimes in August. He went for the interview alone as his spouse wasn't included in both initial entry n forms submission. He wore his wedding ring to the interview when the CO sighted the ring. Ask him if he's married ,he said yes n explained his case to him. The CO wondered..how can yu leave yur wife all cos yu won lottery..Conclusively both couple were granted visa.

Faith works wonders grin
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 11:35pm On Oct 17, 2013
femishow2005:

@Cyprian. Well the equation isn't truly balance,but interestingly something can still happen ..faith works wonders.
A similar interview experience case was shared by a member on DV 2013. I can't recall his name but I think sometimes in August. He went for the interview alone as his spouse wasn't included in both initial entry n forms submission. He wore his wedding ring to the interview when the CO sighted the ring. Ask him if he's married ,he said yes n explained his case to him. The CO wondered..how can yu leave yur wife all cos yu won lottery..Conclusively both couple were granted visa.

Faith works wonders grin

I think I remember that couple from DV 2013 thread but I think they were married but the husband enter as single, I believe there is a big difference with getting married after selection.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by usef83: 6:42am On Oct 18, 2013
God we look unto u for october selection for dv2014 second batch.i cant wait to see october 22nd.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 8:06am On Oct 18, 2013
westcodes:

I think I remember that couple from DV 2013 thread but I think they were married but the husband enter as single, I believe there is a big difference with getting married after selection.

If you are married when you applied and you applied as single, your disqualification will be automatic regardless of your faith.

In this case, the couple can get married if they want but should be prepared to live with whatever comes out of it. it is not a do or die affair. the fact that it worked for one couple is no guarantee that it will work for the other. Having said that, the lady should realize that if they do push the married angle and it does not work, they will probably spend the rest of their married lives regretting the decision and the guy will probably blame her for all his misfortunes. the very foundation of what she is fighting for may be destroyed if they are the type that cant get over things like that easily.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.