Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (428640 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 7:03am On Oct 28, 2013
Yusmash00: Not true.
Yea, its true. If u update ur status, they update all d infos, including d date of processing. Its priority changes from wen u 1st sent it to d day u updated dem.

I sent my forms on may 23, wch under normal circumstances, wud have been completely processed in late July or early August, automatically making me current 4 Oct interview. But I updated dem in July, wch changed my processing date, shifting my interview date to Dec. I had a low case number 000005**
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 7:09am On Oct 28, 2013
Obatide: Happy weekend to everybody, GOD blessed my family with a new baby recently and I have been busy with some other schedules recently, that's why I have not posted here since.

Congratulations to all members who got their 2nd NL recently including my family's own that came the second day after birth of our new baby, God will grant us all, successful interview.

To those who have gone for medicals & police reports, congrats, may we all have successful interview by God's Grace.

However, I observed the low percentage of interview testimonies here in this October, is it that people were not that current or they are concealing the works of GOD?

Lets endeavor to share as they all help others

Congratulations to the addition in your family..she's gonna be a blessing to yur family no doubt! God that started this journey with us will surely perfect everything; financially,health wise etc

Faith works Wonders
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 7:24am On Oct 28, 2013
femishow2005:

Congratulations to the addition in your family..she's gonna be a blessing to yur family no doubt! God that started this journey with us will surely perfect everything; financially,health wise etc

Faith works Wonders
kevwe_flex:

Happy weekend to you and members of your family too. Congrats on the addition to your family.

Thanks so much, good news will abound in everyone's home

chiwuike20:
Yea, its true. If u update ur status, they update all d infos, including d date of processing. Its priority changes from wen u 1st sent it to d day u updated dem.

I sent my forms on may 23, wch under normal circumstances, wud have been completely processed in late July or early August, automatically making me current 4 Oct interview. But I updated dem in July, wch changed my processing date, shifting my interview date to Dec. I had a low case number 000005**

I Concord with this position, that's how it is
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2013
To those having their interview soon may God grant you your heart desires.To XYZ and Westcode may God grant you more success;you and your families will rejoice on the day of your interview!!! Thank you

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
thanks bro...
ernestleon: To those having their interview soon may God grant you your heart desires.To XYZ and Westcode may God grant you more success;you and your families will rejoice on the day of your interview!!! Thank you
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Boomshakar: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
ernestleon: To those having their interview soon may God grant you your heart desires.To XYZ and Westcode may God grant you more success;you and your families will rejoice on the day of your interview!!! Thank you
Thanks to you my successful brother.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 8:27am On Oct 29, 2013

Thanks bro, congratulations once more.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 8:40am On Oct 29, 2013
Goodmorning house. Please I need so more clarifications on this. I sent mail to KCC that the wife put to bed and kindly read the reply,
Thank you for your inquiry.

Family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified. Extenuating circumstances such as; you have been married or had a child after the initial application submission may be acceptable. If you meet either of these circumstances a photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate, along with English translations, should be provided with the completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms, you may download them at: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html .

And this is the second reply

"When a new baby is born at the interview take the following
1. Take the visa photo for it
2. Take the original birth certificate and relevant documents
3. Fill the visa application for the baby
4.Be ready to pay for the baby's visa fee."

Please can somebody help me to interprete this more because am about to send the form and passport of my new born baby girl. Thanks for your earliest reply.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 8:48am On Oct 29, 2013
Madu77: Goodmorning house. Please I need so more clarifications on this. I sent mail to KCC that the wife put to bed and kindly read the reply,"When a new baby is born at the interview take the following

Please can somebody help me to interprete this more because am about to send the form and passport of my new born baby girl. Thanks for your earliest reply.

1. u ar going to pay the baby visa fee of #54,500 on interview day
2. prepare nd carry along the baby NPC birth certificate ( this is done at census office)
3. fill the dsp and ds form for the baby (visa application form and send to kcc)
4. prepare the baby ecowas passport
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 9:30am On Oct 29, 2013
baba ajala:

1. u ar going to pay the baby visa fee of #54,500 on interview day
2. prepare nd carry along the baby NPC birth certificate ( this is done at census office)
3. fill the dsp and ds form for the baby (visa application form and send to kcc)
4. prepare the baby ecowas passport

Ecowas Passport Kwa.. Pls would pls Clarify that@ baba ajala
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by eshorameh: 11:08am On Oct 29, 2013
my case number is 97** when will i being current? pls i need a quick response answer, thanks as we all waiting to see in AMERICA
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 11:19am On Oct 29, 2013
morning all. congrats to Obatide for d beautiful gift God added to his family.

we shall all b favoured IJN. AMEN
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Firewami: 11:23am On Oct 29, 2013
Pls help, some1 played lottery for my wife and luckly she is one of the 2014 dv selectees, bt she ws single then, kindly assist with usefu info on how to start the processing now dat we're married with a kid.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 11:27am On Oct 29, 2013
Firewami: Pls help, some1 played lottery for my wife and luckly she is one of the 2014 dv selectees, bt she ws single then, kindly assist with usefu info on how to start the processing now dat we're married with a kid.

there is so much iformation already available if you would just read through earlier posts and the posts for DV2013.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 11:42am On Oct 29, 2013
Testimonies Galore!!!
G2Glory (a NLander) visa approved Just now.
Pls praise God with them, They will soon update us with full Gist.

On behalf of My Family, I say Congratulations to them
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 11:52am On Oct 29, 2013
Firewami: Pls help, some1 played lottery for my wife and luckly she is one of the 2014 dv selectees, bt she ws single then, kindly assist with usefu info on how to start the processing now dat we're married with a kid.
My bro. Please im sorry to ask, wen did U marry? Ur wife applied for lottery between Oct/ Nov 2012 and U married between then and now with a kid. It is possible anyway but perfect ur documents. Goodluck!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 11:55am On Oct 29, 2013
Madu77: Goodmorning house. Please I need so more clarifications on this. I sent mail to KCC that the wife put to bed and kindly read the reply,
Thank you for your inquiry.

Family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified. Extenuating circumstances such as; you have been married or had a child after the initial application submission may be acceptable. If you meet either of these circumstances a photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate, along with English translations, should be provided with the completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms, you may download them at: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html .

And this is the second reply

"When a new baby is born at the interview take the following

I Have a similar issue like yours, you know, and this was their reply:

Thank you your inquiry regarding your diversity visa application and Congratulations on the birth of your baby.
All diversity visa interviews are handled at the Consulate in Lagos. You may attend interview with your baby with the following documents: a completed DS-260 application form, National Population Commission birth certificate, International Passport, 3 passport photos, medical report, proof of relationship and visa fee.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us any time.

Regards,

Sincerely

I think this interprets yours better?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
Obatide:

I Have a similar issue like yours, you know, and this was their reply:

Thank you your inquiry regarding your diversity visa application and Congratulations on the birth of your baby.
All diversity visa interviews are handled at the Consulate in Lagos. You may attend interview with your baby with the following documents: a completed DS-260 application form, National Population Commission birth certificate, International Passport, 3 passport photos, medical report, proof of relationship and visa fee.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us any time.

Regards,

I am ok by this explanation but I have already sent the form to KCC USA this morning. I dont think I can retract it

Sincerely

I think this interprets yours better?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
winkcongratulations to Glory2Glory's family.......

testimonies all d way
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
Obatide: Testimonies Galore!!!
G2Glory (a NLander) visa approved Just now.
Pls praise God with them, They will soon update us with full Gist.

On behalf of My Family, I say Congratulations to them
I'm happy for the family.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bendam: 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
House.please is there any need for transcript to be taken along for interview or certificate is enough.kindly advice especially for those who had gone for interview,did you present it along with other document.thanks for your kind response.success is ours
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 12:27pm On Oct 29, 2013
Congratulations to G2Glory's family....... God will make ours easy too.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Firewami: 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
@komakan, The guy that played d lottery for her happened to be an agent and he did nt know anything about my wife, we got married last december and our baby in september, the guy located us in August so we are yet to start anythin on it.
pls assist, because i'm a novice on this issue and i can't completely trust these agents.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2013
My Fellow Forumities,
Good morning to you all and we are highly excited to inform the house that we had a successful & wonderful interview this morning.

It is the Lord's doing & it's marvelous in our sight. I am very grateful for the exprience/advice shared on this forum. By the grace of God almighty we shall all end with shouting of rejoicing in Jesus name.

Now, our Itinerary:

Pre_interview Activities:
- All documentation were properly arranged with Principal applicant leading.
- Ensured the originals & Photocopies (Birth certificate, Police report, School Certificates & Medicals) are in order.
- We ensure no document(s) was missing & did a thourogh check before leaving.
- We had a review all the forms sent KCC & had a dry run interview with my spouse for consistency.
- We got the children involved by reminding them of their birthdays.
-We prayed & sought for God's favour & help before leaving home.
-We had a baby after sending our forms to KCC & we had notified them (LagosIV) before the interview date.
-We prepared his own DS230 form & presented it at the venue.
- We left home early enough & arrived at embassy by 5.45am and drove in with the entire family.

At the Embassy:
By 6am, we moved in & there was a briefing & 2 lines were formed for Immigrant & Non-Immigrant
- Were instructed to remove phones, electronic gadgets, oil, liquid, metal object but i was allowed in with my car key.
- Were instructed to please open your medical envelopes (All seal envelopes must be opened & failure to do that point may resulted in turning you back - pls be attentive to the instruction)
- At first point: Principal applicant was called & requested for 2NL, then we were given a slip for payment, blue tags & number was given to us.
- Another slip was given to us to fill in Principal applicant name, email & Address.
- Next we got seated & waited for security checks (Pls ensure you abide the instruction to do away those items that are forbidden).
- We moved inside for final security check (scanning machine) before we were ushered into the hall.
- As you entered, you will be given a number that will serve you for the day. Immigrant applicant were other to seat separately.
- We waited patiently until they called our number for payment - we did that in USD & issued a receipt (don't misplace it).
- We got seated & waited for sometime before they started attending to Immigrant visa.
- About six(6) families came this morning & first two families were granted.
- About few minutes to 9am, my spouse was called & moved toward the counter with new baby & i was called as well.
- We were told to raise up our right hand make an oath to say the truth & we did accordingly. All forms were given to us to sign & either of us signed for the children.
- Our fingreprints were taken. I was instructed to go & sit down while my spouse was to be interviewed.
- The conversation goes thus:

CO: Your name?
Spouse: Answer according

CO: when did u get married?
Spouse: Answer accordingly

CO: Where do u work & what is your role?
Spouse:Answer accordingly

CO: You had a baby after submitting your form to KCC & what are the proof to show?
Spouse: DS 230 form was submitted & signed there, we presented the photograph for naming, church dedication, photograph showing family members with us during the naming, etc

CO: Have been to US?
Spouse: No

Now the CO called me for clarification:
CO: Have u been to US before?
Me: No

CO: You have a valid visa & why have you not used it?
Me: I explained that i was to go for a conference but had to postpone to later date.

CO: She said CONRATULATIONS. Brought 2 papers & handed it over to my spouse & explained what we need to do. All our originals were returned.

Spouse: Bursted to laughter & we gave all glory to GOD for this milestone.

Lesson & Advice for Others:

- I saw someone that came with passport phoograph that did not meet specification. Pls adhere to instruction. The person was lucky & was told to go out & take a correct one.

- Someone international passport dropped from his enveloped & never knew only for someone to find it & return it to the security guys.

-Pls avoid anything that can put on pressure & ensure that you arrnge your document very well.

- For us, they did not collect the photocpies of police report i strongly advice you go with it on the day of interview.
- Stay focus & don't manipulate in any way & by the grace of GOD we all stand 99.999% of getting if you meet the requirement.

More gist later, i need to go - GOD us all.

8 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2013
Firewami: @komakan, The guy that played d lottery for her happened to be an agent and he did nt know anything about my wife, we got married last december and our baby in september, the guy located us in August so we are yet to start anythin on it.
pls assist, because i'm a novice on this issue and i can't completely trust these agents.

You are good to go.
fill all neccessary forms as married once u av confirmed your case number.
it is called visa lottery, so they are aware there could be a genuine status change, so dont panic
All the best

Hope this helps?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
@ Firewami. I agreed with Obatide explanations, go ahead to fill your forms. And dont 4get to keep ur proofs intact. In addition, is ur case number above 8,000 or below? Goodluck!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Firewami: 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2013
Tnx for dis info, i kno d case number but how i will i confirm it?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Firewami: 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
tnk u so much,d case no is ***13xxx
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2013
Firewami: tnk u so much,d case no is ***13xxx
It's Okay. Don't rush when filling d forms and never hesitate to ask questions here if u are not clear. Ire awa gbogbo wa wa o.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2013
G2Glory: My Fellow Forumities,
Good morning to you all and we are highly excited to inform the house that we had a successful & wonderful interview this morning.

It is the Lord's doing & it's marvelous in our sight. I am very grateful for the exprience/advice shared on this forum. By the grace of God almighty we shall all end with shouting of rejoicing in Jesus name.

Now, our Itinerary:

Pre_interview Activities:
- All documentation were properly arranged with Principal applicant leading.
- Ensured the originals & Photocopies (Birth certificate, Police report, School Certificates & Medicals) are in order.
- We ensure no document(s) was missing & did a thourogh check before leaving.
- We had a review all the forms sent KCC & had a dry run interview with my spouse for consistency.
- We got the children involved by reminding them of their birthdays.
-We prayed & sought for God's favour & help before leaving home.
-We had a baby after sending our forms to KCC & we had notified them (LagosIV) before the interview date.
-We prepared his own DS230 form & presented it at the venue.
- We left home early enough & arrived at embassy by 5.45am and drove in with the entire family.

At the Embassy:
By 6am, we moved in & there was a briefing & 2 lines were formed for Immigrant & Non-Immigrant
- Were instructed to remove phones, electronic gadgets, oil, liquid, metal object but i was allowed in with my car key.
- Were instructed to please open your medical envelopes (All seal envelopes must be opened & failure to do that point may resulted in turning you back - pls be attentive to the instruction)
- At first point: Principal applicant was called & requested for 2NL, then we were given a slip for payment, blue tags & number was given to us.
- Another slip was given to us to fill in Principal applicant name, email & Address.
- Next we got seated & waited for security checks (Pls ensure you abide the instruction to do away those items that are forbidden).
- We moved inside for final security check (scanning machine) before we were ushered into the hall.
- As you entered, you will be given a number that will serve you for the day. Immigrant applicant were other to seat separately.
- We waited patiently until they called our number for payment - we did that in USD & issued a receipt (don't misplace it).
- We got seated & waited for sometime before they started attending to Immigrant visa.
- About six(6) families came this morning & first two families were granted.
- About few minutes to 9am, my spouse was called & moved toward the counter with new baby & i was called as well.
- We were told to raise up our right hand make an oath to say the truth & we did accordingly. All forms were given to us to sign & either of us signed for the children.
- Our fingreprints were taken. I was instructed to go & sit down while my spouse was to be interviewed.
- The conversation goes thus:

CO: Your name?
Spouse: Answer according

CO: when did u get married?
Spouse: Answer accordingly

CO: Where do u work & what is your role?
Spouse:Answer accordingly

CO: You had a baby after submitting your form to KCC & what are the proof to show?
Spouse: DS 230 form was submitted & signed there, we presented the photograph for naming, church dedication, photograph showing family members with us during the naming, etc

CO: Have been to US?
Spouse: No

Now the CO called me for clarification:
CO: Have u been to US before?
Me: No

CO: You have a valid visa & why have you not used it?
Me: I explained that i was to go for a conference but had to postpone to later date.

CO: She said CONRATULATIONS. Brought 2 papers & handed it over to my spouse & explained what we need to do. All our originals were returned.

Spouse: Bursted to laughter & we gave all glory to GOD for this milestone.

Lesson & Advice for Others:

- I saw someone that came with passport phoograph that did not meet specification. Pls adhere to instruction. The person was lucky & was told to go out & take a correct one.

- Someone international passport dropped from his enveloped & never knew only for someone to find it & return it to the security guys.

-Pls avoid anything that can put on pressure & ensure that you arrnge your document very well.

- For us, they did not collect the photocpies of police report i strongly advice you go with it on the day of interview.
- Stay focus & don't manipulate in any way & by the grace of GOD we all stand 99.999% of getting if you meet the requirement.

More gist later, i need to go - GOD us all.

Congratulobia to u and ur family... God dat has put smiles on ur faces will favour d rest of us also IJN.. Goodluck
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
Firewami: Tnx for dis info, i kno d case number but how i will i confirm it?

To confirm if the case number is true/correct, go to http://dvlottery.state.gov/ESC
Fill d dialog boxes rightly and check for yourself. Goodluck!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Firewami: 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
I really apprc8 u all. so please wot's next?

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.