Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426421 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
@ Visa Officer

I remember what you told me few weeks ago "...please keep in mind that what people tell you about their cases is not necessarily the whole story...", I'm seriously short of words and was so disappointed concerning the said StSteven. I hope he was the one that got arrested.

Sometimes I felt below par when i see Nigerians in dis shameful situation... I hope Nigerian Government should try and make things right in here embarassed embarassed embarassed

See you soon VO and have a wonderful day ma'am

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cute2014: 5:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
I am just reading these posts,being kept very busy since resumption and this Ebola issue.One training after another,lol!
Its so very sad to read these last 3 days' posts but it won't take away from me the joy of Madam Dekonjay's visa approval.Congrats dear!!!

st steve has made our joys sour,his actions has made an innocent person lost the privilege of becoming an LPR,its only God that can forgive this.

Despite this,I personally know there is grace in the house,our collective fasting and prayer works.Not just for DV but for other areas of my life.I am a living testimony.Do not be deterred by actions of some people,there will always be pple like that.We should not be discouraged when opportunity for collective fasting and prayer comes up.God help us.

@ V.O: Madam welldone,big kudos to u ma.I know that the fact that the person was a Nairalander would have hurt you most.It just can't be helped since we can not vouch for everyone.This is one of the reasons that endears u to my heart that u would select Nairaland to be a forum u visit this often despite all these.God bless u and ur team.

@ all:Do enjoy the remaining part of the weekend.

5 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 5:30am On Sep 07, 2014
talk about what? just ask your questions and i will be willing to help
lizpeaze:

I am a winner from Cameroon. Anything to talk about?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 5:32am On Sep 07, 2014
felixfelix: My good people, someone who the mother filed for was asked to bring the following to her interview bt she does not know spefically places to go abt these- 1. INSURANCE POLICIES- This documents shld indicate d beneficiary (ies) named & relaship to d policyholder. 2.MISCELLANEOUS-Govt id papers,Deeds,Passports,business records,income tax returns,social security records, census records, family bible entries & records of family events. 3. RESIDENCE- Documentation showing that d parents & child primary residence was one in d same during d child's childhood. N:b These in midst of all are wht dy were asked to provide bt she does not how to go abt these. Any information or direction?
Lol! no one to respond to me? Let's still hv hope and not become too bereaved with ststeven's case more ppl are on d line waiting 4 their interview. They can't be fakes too. Let's stil hv them and those on AP in mind. Life continues. Enjoy ur Sunday.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cute2014: 9:07am On Sep 07, 2014
felixfelix: My good people, someone who the mother filed for was asked to bring the following to her interview bt she does not know spefically places to go abt these- 1. INSURANCE POLICIES- This documents shld indicate d beneficiary (ies) named & relaship to d policyholder. 2.MISCELLANEOUS-Govt id papers,Deeds,Passports,business records,income tax returns,social security records, census records, family bible entries & records of family events. 3. RESIDENCE- Documentation showing that d parents & child primary residence was one in d same during d child's childhood. N:b These in midst of all are wht dy were asked to provide bt she does not how to go abt these. Any information or direction?

This sounds like family based IV application.I personally don't know much about the requirements but I think most have to be gotten by the petitioner from the US agencies.But if some are needed from the applicant in Nigeria,then the ffg may help;

I.Insurance policies/deeds/income tax returns/social security records/census records/family bible entries:I don't think this is popular in this part of our world.

2.Govt id papers: U can go for the National ID card.

3.Passports: U can get this easily

4.Tax card:I think u can go to internal revenue to get a e-tax card if employed.

5.Records of family records: Pictures can help in this regard and also for residence.

I hope this helps a bit.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 10:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
cute2014:

This sounds like family based IV application.I personally don't know much about the requirements but I think most have to be gotten by the petitioner from the US agencies.But if some are needed from the applicant in Nigeria,then the ffg may help;

I.Insurance policies/deeds/income tax returns/social security records/census records/family bible entries:I don't think this is popular in this part of our world.

4.Tax card:I think u can go to internal revenue to get a e-tax card if employed.

5.Records of family records: Pictures can help in this regard and also for residence.

I hope this helps a bit.
Tank u so much, ur response was highly professional. I thought as much that most of d requirements are not peculiar to us but the petitioner herself. I've taken note of ur directions. I shall forward it to the concerened person. Hope u've done ur own interview? God bless.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
cute2014:

I hope this helps a bit.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
cute2014:

I hope this helps a bit.

felixfelix: Tank u so much, ur response was highly professional. I thought as much that most of d requirements are not peculiar to us but the petitioner herself. I've taken note of ur directions. I shall forward it to the concerened person. Hope u've done ur own interview? God bless.

Ofcourse she is highly a Professional Medical Doctor smiley smiley... I never expectd you getting anything lesser than the information she passed to you and YES she plus family got there Visa approved already wink wink. How is preparation and dat of your booking.. stay bless
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
Wow! My Doc, I salute with honour! u are going to be missed here o! Already missing u sha. @Adeboy if u search with Detroit wayne county airport where I will eventually land it is cheaper than what we've been seeing. With this Qatar air ways gives u like $950-$1,400 depending on d date. Thus, wd be booking by next wk.Tanks 4 d assistance.More favours ahead.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 5:01am On Sep 09, 2014
Good morning green house. First of all I want to apologise for my late response. Taking this opportunity to thank everyone for your support and well wishes. @ cute2014, Adeboy, felixfelix, eleshinleekan, busatos, cynthia4real, diskindgod, Thank you all so much, I really appreciate.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 5:02am On Sep 09, 2014
Anyone in the house heading to Dallas, Texas? For everyone that has had their visa issued, how are preparations going? As for me, I'm finding it hard to make up my mind on what to take along with me and what to leave behind. When you have to take only 60kg from all your personal belongings it gets really hard.
I would also like to suggest we keep this forum alive by posting our preparation and travel experience here since we lost the other thread. What do you all think about the idea?

5 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 10:04am On Sep 09, 2014
Dekonjay: Anyone in the house heading to Dallas, Texas? For everyone that has had their visa issued, how are preparations going? As for me, I'm finding it hard to make up my mind on what to take along with me and what to leave behind. When you have to take only 60kg from all your personal belongings it gets really hard.
I would also like to suggest we keep this forum alive by posting our preparation and travel experience here since we lost the other thread. What do you all think about the idea?
I think 007 is heading to dt destination. Your idea is welcome, I mean to me personally. May I know pls the food items that one is free to go with and they will not be ceased or destroyed at the point of entry? However, as for my date it wld be ending of the month, as soon as it's booked u will get dat. Other details later.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2014
@ Felixfelix, I'm glad you like the idea. From what I have been able to gather you are allowed to carry foodstuff as long as they are dried. For example:

Egusi, ogbonor, Local Crayfish, Okporoko, Mangara, Dried fish, Ukazi, Oha, Ugwu ,Kuli Kuli, Fufu, Groundnut Oil, Palm Oil, Egusi, Garri, Pepper – soup condiments, Beans, Atanla (red hot chilli pepper) and many more

Make sure your Egusi is well blended dried and well wrapped.
Do not travel with wet food items. Usually, wet food stuff can contain organisms not native to the US. Chicken is prohibited because of Bird Flu and beef because of Mad Cow disease.
Palm oil is allowed but only in small quantity and should be in branded packages if possible.
Dried/smoked fish should be properly wrapped also in order to avoid unpleasant odours.

Personally, I won't be carrying any of those items as you can easily get them to buy over there ( even though they may be quite expensive or not as fresh as you may want) and luckily for me my host ( who is my aunty) says she has enough of those. Will be getting her some other gift item though.
We booked our tickets this morning. We will be flying BA next Thursday.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by marymary14(f): 11:44am On Sep 09, 2014
Thanks for the insight. It's such a relief...what about personal items?
Dekonjay: @ Felixfelix, I'm glad you like the idea. From what I have been able to gather you are allowed to carry foodstuff as long as they are dried. For example:

Egusi, ogbonor, Local Crayfish, Okporoko, Mangara, Dried fish, Ukazi, Oha, Ugwu ,Kuli Kuli, Fufu, Groundnut Oil, Palm Oil, Egusi, Garri, Pepper – soup condiments, Beans, Atanla (red hot chilli pepper) and many more

Do not travel with wet food items. Usually, wet food stuff can contain organisms not native to the US. Chicken is prohibited because of Bird Flu and beef because of Mad Cow disease.
Palm oil is allowed but only in small quantity and should be in branded packages if possible.
Dried/smoked fish should be properly wrapped also in order to avoid unpleasant odours.

Personally, I won't be carrying any of those items as you can easily get them to buy over there ( even though they may be quite expensive or not as fresh as you may want) and luckily for me my host ( who is my aunty) says she has enough of those. Will be getting her some other gift item though.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tosinjoe(m): 11:54am On Sep 09, 2014
Very good idea to keep the thread alive, We will be heading for Minnesota, I hear its very cold, hoping to book our flight next week with Qatar airways, its the cheapest we got. Also heard they have an excellent service but for d inevitabl stop overs
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Opoku3jan(m): 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
Please am new here...i just need an answer to this ques. I want to know if english and maths are compulsory in the dv rules... I had B.B.B.B.C.C.C.D AND maths happento be the D... Pls help me here am a 2015 selectee
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
felixfelix: Wow! My Doc, I salute with honour! u are going to be missed here o! Already missing u sha. @Adeboy if u search with Detroit wayne county airport where I will eventually land it is cheaper than what we've been seeing. With this Qatar air ways gives u like $950-$1,400 depending on d date. Thus, wd be booking by next wk.Tanks 4 d assistance.More favours ahead.

Good to hear that ... I have search it with qatar and it gives exactly a very cheeper rate compare to what we have before..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
marymary14: Thanks for the insight. It's such a relief...what about personal items?

For me that's the most difficult part, personal items. Mostly clothes, toiletries, school diplomas/certificates/transcript, work employment references, small items We don't want to do without.
For the clothes, the weather is not really cold now (depending on where you are headed) but I would advice to carry along some sweaters, jeans trousers and/or jackets and winter coat. These will serve also on the plane as it tends to be cold due to air conditioning. If you work in an office, I would advice a couple of your suits, as you probably don't want to spend money shopping instantly if you already have something good in your wardrobe. If you like native wear, take a couple of those too. Don't forget casual shoes, easy comfy shoes, and sneakers.
I would advice to leave passports and all important documents in your hand luggage that way you always have them at hand.

Will add more ideas later.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
Dekonjay: Anyone in the house heading to Dallas, Texas? For everyone that has had their visa issued, how are preparations going? As for me, I'm finding it hard to make up my mind on what to take along with me and what to leave behind. When you have to take only 60kg from all your personal belongings it gets really hard.

Good one madam... I am heading to Dallas as well by earlier November..... you have suggested a very good idea, but many of our members here have relocated to Yankee and yet they hardly find it difficult coming out here probably because of their busy schedule the states, although they often come online tru the bbm group and discuss a lot on the group, I always advice them to come in here but all in vain...

But to cut it short its good we share things out probably after everyone must have relocated ... that will go along way.. in the other hand you can feel free to join the group in u have access to bbm.

thank you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
Dekonjay: @ Felixfelix, I'm glad you like the idea. From what I have been able to gather you are allowed to carry foodstuff as long as they are dried. For example:

short and detailed, thanks so much for taking your time bringing out this.. it will goes along way..

About the CHICKEN you mention, if chicken is prohibited then other things like MAGGI NORR CHICKEN and Indomie (Chicken) will not be allowed either... thanks once again am very sure people like chijen2, Laggy, Shaddy, ewhoma, Cute, jummyspecial, etc can tell you exactly how you will package your belongings and what is necessary to be taking along with you.

thank you
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by robinobehi(m): 2:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
Wow!! Dis is hilarious. I just read tru all of this menace now.....I can't still contain †he shock
justwise:

Interesting, very interesting, well i'm not surprised to say the least and i'm so glad that the fraudster was rumbled.

Some of them here pray and call for monthly praying and fasting but at the same time very dubious.

Thanks for your excellent work here VO.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
Adeboy007:

short and detailed, thanks so much for taking your time bringing out this.. it will goes along way..

About the CHICKEN you mention, if chicken is prohibited then other things like MAGGI NORR CHICKEN and Indomie (Chicken) will not be allowed either... thanks once again am very sure people like chijen2, Laggy, Shaddy, ewhoma, Cute, jummyspecial, etc can tell you exactly how you will package your belongings and what is necessary to be taking along with you.

thank you

I think we can carry indomie cause it's packaged and the spices are dry. I'm not sure about Maggi or Knorr cubes
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cute2014: 4:42pm On Sep 09, 2014

@Madam Dekonjay: tongue grin See levels!!!Na wah o!U just did ur interview and gbam next week Thursday on BA!!!Serious cash.Safe trip IJN.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cute2014: 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
Also to the preceeding lists,u may want to add:

Bottled groundnuts,Semolina,pap,snail(fried),hair attachments like Expressions,and Medicines like antimalarials and broad spectrum antibiotics.Also Robb and/or Aboniki balm.

For those with kids:Their backpack should contain cereals(dried),powdered milk,bread(toast) with a spread,bowl,apples,cookies (u'll get hot water in the plane)and a jacket.This is necessary if the airline serves an unfamiliar food.I can just imagine the twins when they eat,whatever they've eaten and no matter how late they must still step down with Golden morn cereal.Lol!

Also; u may want to do both ur natioanl drivers' licence and the int'l driver's licence as it depends on the state u are going to.LEARN HOW TO DRIVE BEFORE TRAVELLING!!!

As for graduate school;u need to do ur transcripts,some did via WES,don't av much details as it does not apply to me.

For women; Learn how to make hair.I am taking 1-2hrs on days I'm not on call to do this as my almost 6years' old girl is so fashion conscious when it comes to hair so I nd to be able to keep up wt her and also save money.

Also don't run down ur electronic gadgets' battery down,sm1 mentioned ds but do not know why.

Yes,ur passports AND medicals MUST be in ur handbag!!!

Most impt advice I got was to save and never try to borrow,except for Mortgage as an example.Live within your budget!!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by marymary14(f): 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
Due to recent threat in terrorism,the United States has put up some measures to curb it, thus they'll require every traveller to power up electronic devices eg: phones,laptops and all other devices they require.. failure to do so will result in confiscation of gadgets or deportation... as for the medication @cute2014 do we not require some form of prescription?
cute2014: Also to the preceeding lists,u may want to add:

Bottled groundnuts,Semolina,pap,snail(fried),hair attachments like Expressions,and Medicines like antimalarials and broad spectrum antibiotics.Also Robb and/or Aboniki balm.

For those with kids:Their backpack should contain cereals(dried),powdered milk,bread(toast) with a spread,bowl,apples,cookies (u'll get hot water in the plane)and a jacket.This is necessary if the airline serves an unfamiliar food.I can just imagine the twins when they eat,whatever they've eaten and no matter how late they must still step down with Golden morn cereal.Lol!

Also; u may want to do both ur natioanl drivers' licence and the int'l driver's licence as it depends on the state u are going to.LEARN HOW TO DRIVE BEFORE TRAVELLING!!!

As for graduate school;u need to do ur transcripts,some did via WES,don't av much details as it does not apply to me.

For women; Learn how to make hair.I am taking 1-2hrs on days I'm not on call to do this as my almost 6years' old girl is so fashion conscious when it comes to hair so I nd to be able to keep up wt her and also save money.

Also don't run down ur electronic gadgets' battery down,sm1 mentioned ds but do not know why.

Most impt advice I got was to save and never try to borrow,except for Mortgage as an example.Live within your budget!!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
Opoku3jan: Please am new here...i just need an answer to this ques. I want to know if english and maths are compulsory in the dv rules... I had B.B.B.B.C.C.C.D AND maths happento be the D... Pls help me here am a 2015 selectee

Welcome,

the instruction stated that minimum of 5 credits in Secondary School Cert (High School) or equivalent.

So, in as much as u have ur 5 credits and above then you are good to Go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by marymary14(f): 8:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
For those travelling with Qatar airways, I will recommend you ask for SPTC at you point of booking... make sure you do it 72 hours prior to the departure time. With the SPTC, You'll be taken care of in Doha irrespective of your flight class, with the 8 hours stopover. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 8:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
cute2014:

@Madam Dekonjay: tongue grin See levels!!!Na wah o!U just did ur interview and gbam next week Thursday on BA!!!Serious cash.Safe trip IJN.

Lwkmd. Cutie 2014 na serious planning o. After waiting 15 months for interview, I wan live my American dream fast fast o. I started planning as soon as we received 2nd NL. Checked for ticket and have been eyeing that date since July as it's the cheapest...luckily the price remained the same. I was even ready to start packing our stuff in August grin grin grin....How are preparations on your end? Just discovered you are a doctor. Good for you! You have got quite a challenge ahead as regards practising in the states....you have to sit for some exams I imagine if you didn't study in the states..
I'm not flying from Naija so it's easier for me and cheaper to do BA...

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 8:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
marymary14: Due to recent threat in terrorism,the United States has put up some measures to curb it, thus they'll require every traveller to power up electronic devices eg: phones,laptops and all other devices they require.. failure to do so will result in confiscation of gadgets or deportation... as for the medication @cute2014 do we not require some form of prescription?

Yes you are right MaryMary. It's a new policy that came up some months back.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 8:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
cute2014: Also to the preceeding lists,u may want to add:

marymary14: Due to recent threat in terrorism,the United States has put up some measures to curb it, thus they'll require every traveller to power up electronic devices eg: phones,laptops and all other devices they require.. failure to do so will result in confiscation of gadgets or deportation... as for the medication @cute2014 do we not require some form of prescription?

Well said from both Cute 2014 and Marry, I think dis is getting interesting like before, Marry has said exactly wat I wanna clear cute as per d reason u need to let ur electronic devices be fully charged on getting to d POE.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Ndeedee: 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
[quote author=Adeboy007][/quote]

Just popped in to check on you man. Congrats on the Visa and the opportunity to pursue a new chapter in your life.
You sabi tell story well well....Yours was one of the most detailed experiences.... See as emotions dey hold me while I was reading your story even though I knew the outcome already.... I was LMBO @ the part where you said you made a gesture that you were searching for the pic and said you didn't bring it with you.

You should think about the prospects of writing novels in future... grin

Once again congrats bro.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2014
marymary14: For those travelling with Qatar airways, I will recommend you ask for SPTC at you point of booking... make sure you do it 72 hours prior to the departure time. With the SPTC, You'll be taken care of in Doha irrespective of your flight class, with the 8 hours stopover. Hope this helps.

well said, fortunately, am heading to Dallas wit Qatar airline and wit 2 stop over from Doha (2;15mins) and Frankfurt (3 hours).. pls may i ask what SPTC is? and is it free or additional charges included ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.