Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (425603 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 03, 2014
Dekonjay: This is the day that The Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. My family's interview was a success today! USA here I come!!
Congrats bro... I was there with ♍Ɣ wife too but got delayed and was told to come bck thursday.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by eleshinleekan: 9:54am On Sep 03, 2014
To GOD be the Glory for the recent Visa approval.
DKG,the Almighty GOD is not done with you yet,GOD will give you pleasant surprises-Amen.
Kind regards to all my wonderful NL family.

4 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
First of all I want to thank everyone here in this forum for their support. I want to thank God, cos he has filled my heart with joy.

It all started May 1st 2013 when I logged on the dv website and found my future husband had been selected. I was overjoyed at the result as it was the best wedding present ever. We got married May 2013. We had both played the dv lottery in October 2012 as singles even though we were engaged.

THE CHAT:
Co: Good morning Mr and Mrs Dekonjay
Us: Good morning to you Sir.
Co: You both have to raise your right hands up and answer YES or NO to the following questions.
Us: Did as we were told and took our oaths.
Co: (Addressing my husband who is the PA) Mr Dekonjay I see you moved your interview from the UK to your current country? Why is that and What did you do there?
My hubby: Explained.
Co: So tell me where and how did you meet your wife?
My Hubby: In 2010 bla bla bla.
Co: Have you ever met your wife's family? Tell me something about them?
My Hubby: talked away...
Co: (Addressing me - all the while I stood quietly at my husbands side while he answered the questions). And you Mrs Dekonjay have you ever met your husband's family? What do you know about them?
Me: Answered.
Co: do you like your mother in law?
Me: Of course , I do! ( we both laughed)
Co: I see you have both been married for a little over a year. Have you got any kids?
Us: hopefully one is on its way as we speak.
( more laughter as the Co joked about our response)
Co: Well, Mr and Mrs Dekonjay it seems everything is ok here. I have to say your visas have been approved. At that point I was already in seventh heaven and I wasn't listening anymore...

All in all the interview took less than 15mins. I just couldn't believe how smoothly it all went. The Co was nice, friendly and with a good sense of humour which made us feel at ease during our chat with him. It was a beautiful experience.

4 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
StSteven:
Congrats bro... I was there with ♍Ɣ wife too but got delayed and was told to come bck thursday.

I am sorry about that St Steven. Does that mean you didn't get interviewed at all and you were booked for Thursday?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by BUSATOS: 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
Congrats
Dekonjay: This is the day that The Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. My family's interview was a success today! USA here I come!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dekonjay: First of all I want to thank everyone here in this forum for their support. I want to thank God, cos he has filled my heart with joy.

It all started May 1st 2013 when I logged on the dv website and found my future husband had been selected. I was overjoyed at the result as it was the best wedding present ever. We got married May 2013. We had both played the dv lottery in October 2012 as singles even though we were engaged.

THE CHAT:
Co: You both have to raise your right hands up and answer YES or NO to the following questions.
Co: (Addressing my husband who is the PA) Mr Dekonjay I see you moved your interview from the UK to your current country? Why is that and What did you do there?
Co: (Addressing me - all the while I stood quietly at my husbands side while he answered the questions). And you Mrs Dekonjay have you ever met your husband's family? What do you know about them?
Co: I see you have both been married for a little over a year. Have you got any kids?
Co: Well, Mr and Mrs Dekonjay it seems everything is ok here. I have to say your visas have been approved. At that point I was already in seventh heaven and I wasn't listening anymore...

All in all the interview took less than 15mins. I just couldn't believe how smoothly it all went. The Co was nice, friendly and with a good sense of humour which made us feel at ease during our chat with him. It was a beautiful experience.

congrats to u and ur hubby,it can only be God more praise to him.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dekonjay:

I am sorry about that St Steven. Does that mean you didn't get interviewed at all and you were booked for Thursday?
I rily do not •̸№ why they delayed us like that. We were just told t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥‎​ do finger print and wait. We waited all day until we were told t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥‎​ come back thursday. I didn't notice U̶̲̥̅̊ I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the hall... I was wearing A̶̲̥̅ white shirt and ♍Ɣ wife A̶̲̥̅ short blue gown
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by diskindgod: 6:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
Congratulations Dekonjay. God had gone ahead of u to settle it. What an easy experience despite your status. To God be the glory.
That's God for you.

Dekonjay: First of all I want to thank everyone here in this forum for their support. I want to thank God, cos he has filled my heart with joy.

THE CHAT:

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2014

congratulations my sister...... am so much happy for the gud news ...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 2:10pm On Sep 04, 2014

THE CHAT:

you deserve it more.. god leave your American life... congratulations once again.. you are favoured
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 2:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
StSteven:
I rily do not •̸№ why they delayed us like that. We were just told t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥‎​ do finger print and wait. We waited all day until we were told t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥‎​ come back thursday. I didn't notice U̶̲̥̅̊ I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the hall... I was wearing A̶̲̥̅ white shirt and ♍Ɣ wife A̶̲̥̅ short blue gown

Delay is not denied.. you are favoured already.... expecting your interview experience today by God's grace..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by VisaOfficer: 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
VisaOfficer here, to issue another public service announcement and to express some frustration.

If you or someone you know plans to use a false identity in an attempt to obtain a Diversity Visa (or any other visa), please, please be aware that Nigerian law enforcement takes a very active interest in such activities.

7 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rasky4real: 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
VisaOfficer: VisaOfficer here, to issue another public service announcement and to express some frustration.

If you or someone you know plans to use a false identity in an attempt to obtain a Diversity Visa (or any other visa), please, please be aware that Nigerian law enforcement takes a very active interest in such activities.
Nice one...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by robinobehi(m): 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
Was anyone @†he hall today?....I learnt something awful happened
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kaygee1977: 2:00am On Sep 05, 2014
Lol...I offered them something to drink like tea or coffee but they politely refused.
StSteven: Amen... Yes, God is an auto-finisher....
but it will be so nice and honoring to have the VO and crew in our house o. we can make hot Amala for them with eja kika
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 2:03am On Sep 05, 2014
My good people, someone who the mother filed for was asked to bring the following to her interview bt she does not know spefically places to go abt these- 1. INSURANCE POLICIES- This documents shld indicate d beneficiary (ies) named & relaship to d policyholder. 2.MISCELLANEOUS-Govt id papers,Deeds,Passports,business records,income tax returns,social security records, census records, family bible entries & records of family events. 3. RESIDENCE- Documentation showing that d parents & child primary residence was one in d same during d child's childhood. N:b These in midst of all are wht dy were asked to provide bt she does not how to go abt these. Any information or direction?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by VisaOfficer: 11:40am On Sep 05, 2014
robinobehi: Was anyone @†he hall today?....I learnt something awful happened

That is true. But at least the imposters were detained by local law enforcement, and now that we know their true names, they are permanently banned from entering the United States. So from my point of view, everything turned out just fine.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 11:47am On Sep 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

That is true. But at least the imposters were detained by local law enforcement, and now that we know their true names, they are permanently banned from entering the United States. So from my point of view, everything turned out just fine.

Wow!!! best news of the day!! no no of the week!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 11:50am On Sep 05, 2014
@VisaOfficer

Please can you name and shame the fraudster?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by VisaOfficer: 11:58am On Sep 05, 2014
justwise: @VisaOfficer

Please can you name and shame the fraudster?

I'll share the newspaper article when it comes out.

This case is especially frustrating to me because it's a Nairalander -- and someone who has written about praying for success in the interview. If I can be personal here, it really drives me crazy when people fast and pray that their lies and false documents will fool us. It strikes me as an outrageous misuse of prayer and fasting. It radiates contempt for the interviewing officer, for the United States, and for the Third Commandment. Seriously, if someone can explain to me why it’s all right to ask God for His help in being utterly dishonest, I would love to hear it, because it’s a total mystery to me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

This case is especially frustrating to me because it's a Nairalander -- and someone who has written about praying for success in the interview. If I can be personal here, it really drives me crazy when people fast and pray that their lies and false documents will fool us. It strikes me as an outrageous misuse of prayer and fasting. It radiates contempt for the interviewing officer, for the United States, and for the Third Commandment. Seriously, if someone can explain to me why it’s all right to ask God for His help in being utterly dishonest, I would love to hear it, because it’s a total mystery to me.

Interesting, very interesting, well i'm not surprised to say the least and i'm so glad that the fraudster was rumbled.

Some of them here pray and call for monthly praying and fasting but at the same time very dubious.

Thanks for your excellent work here VO.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Ishilove: 12:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Please name names so that we may know how to lay blames.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ishilove:

Supported. His ID here probably if known?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by VisaOfficer: 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ishilove:

I'd rather wait and see what the person has to say about the experience.

But I will keep posting newspaper articles as they appear. Here's the link to the July article: http://nairacircle.com/bookmarks/view/1867/13-suspects-arrested-for-visa-fraud-in-lagos I keep looking to see when the August detentions will be named in the paper, and as you can see, September is off to an interesting start already.

These are the people who make it so difficult for all the honest applicants. angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Ishilove: 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

I'd rather wait and see what the person has to say about the experience.

But I will keep posting newspaper articles as they appear. Here's the link to the July article: http://nairacircle.com/bookmarks/view/1867/13-suspects-arrested-for-visa-fraud-in-lagos I keep looking to see when the August detentions will be named in the paper, and as you can see, September is off to an interesting start already.

These are the people who make it so difficult for all the honest applicants. angry angry angry
Not actual names please. Like justwise said, his nairaland ID will be a good place to start from
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by VisaOfficer: 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ishilove:
Not actual names please. Like justwise said, his nairaland ID will be a good place to start from

Let's give him the opportunity to do the right thing and tell us himself.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by worry359(m): 12:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
Here is an article straight from Special Fraud Unit!
In their own words!

AMERICA DIVERSITY VISA LOTTERY SCAM
The Police Special Fraud Unit (PSFU) has arrested some desperate Nigerians who were involved in Visa Fraud.

Read all about it HERE https://www.facebook.com/pages/Special-Fraud-Unit-Lagos/386465751420966
And HERE http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/Locals-nabbed-for-Visa-fraud-20140729
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Ishilove: 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

That's not gonna happen, and you and I know it.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
VisaOfficer:

I bet my last £ that he will not turn up here to do that, he will probably get another ID to start posting in another section.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by VisaOfficer: 12:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
I just had a discussion with a trusted colleague about the ethics of disclosing the person's username. We finally decided that it's probably more ethical at this point to keep from derailing this thread with speculation, especially considering that we're going to post a link to any articles (which will certainly include names) when they're published. Also, it could serve as a warning to anyone who might be in collusion with the person.

So: it was StSteven.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2014
VisaOfficer: I just had a discussion with a trusted colleague about the ethics of disclosing the person's username. We finally decided that it's probably more ethical at this point to keep from derailing this thread with speculation, especially considering that we're going to post a link to any articles (which will certainly include names) when they're published. Also, it could serve as a warning to anyone who might be in collusion with the person.

So: StSteven.

I promise you that it will not derail this thread, his real name is not needed as many people here are known by their nairaland IDs rather than real name.

Calling him out here will send a very strong message to people planing to do the same thing in future. That said, i totally respect your decision not to name him.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Ishilove: 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
VisaOfficer: I just had a discussion with a trusted colleague about the ethics of disclosing the person's username. We finally decided that it's probably more ethical at this point to keep from derailing this thread with speculation, especially considering that we're going to post a link to any articles (which will certainly include names) when they're published. Also, it could serve as a warning to anyone who might be in collusion with the person.

So: it was StSteven.
I know the fellow. How utterly shameful.

The path to destruction is paved with good intentions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.