Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426667 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cute2014: 7:17am On Aug 28, 2014
Madam,how are u and ur family?Just wanted to holla u.Have a nice day and stay blessed!

Dekonjay:

@lalove what's your friends case number? Eg DV2014AF00017***. It normally takes KCC up to two months to process documents after initial submission. Your friend should try calling KCC for any updates on his documents. The embassy won't be of help if your friend hasn't received his 2nd notification letter. He should try checking if he has been sent a 2nd NL at dvlottery.state.gov just the same way he got the 1st letter.
Best option will be to call KCC directly. We are almost at the end of the fiscal year, it would be wise to make that call ASAP.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cypriankosiso(m): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Pleas urgent attention plz, for the ppl that has travelled, do I need to go port health authority nd get "my vaccine on yellow fever nd polio" which dey calld yellow card, thy said dey need it in port of entry, plz ans me b4 ppl chop my moni in lagos
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cypriankosiso(m): 10:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
Cypriankosiso: Pleas urgent attention plz, for the ppl that has travelled, do I need to go port health authority nd get "my vaccine on yellow fever nd polio" which dey calld yellow card, thy said dey need it in port of entry, plz ans me b4 ppl chop my moni in lagos
wht hapen to this great family, were r our members, lol!! No body to ans me sinc morning, were went evry body, nooooo body @ home, were wil I find d ans? Crying tinsooooooooo
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by diskindgod: 11:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
It was exactly a week now that I went for my chat. I purposely delayed posting my experience because of the response I was expecting from the embassy.

Based on advice from NL members,we left all our items in the hotel except our docs which I packed in a big nylon bag. At the first security check, wife and my son were allowed and later ordered by the security to the hall while I was at the first point doing security check because of the nylon containing our docs I held. After the thorough check, I stepped outside to go to the main hall but couldn't sight my wife. I asked the security who gave people umbrellas and said she has been ordered in. His colleague apologised for that. As I entered the hall for other security check, I met my wife standing and about to be sent out for being overstayed by the security. I removed belt, got no B411 and we all entered the interview hall. While paying for three, wife was asked to go sit. Docs were well arranged and submitted as the officer said 'Thank you for being organised'. (Thanks to NL, where I got how to arrange docs, for this compliments). While the waiting lasted, I almost went 20times to carry my son from different corners he went playing and disturbing people.

No beeped at window 16(White lady). We went together while son was carried by wifey. Did finger prints and son(1yr 3months) also wanted to place his hands. When I saw he wanted to cry, I just allowed him place hands.

CO: Gd morning
Me: replied.
CO: are u xyz
Me: yes
CO: what is ur highest qualification
Me: answered.
CO: what year (couldn't hear well and begged she say it again 2times as son was pestering with noise abt to cry)
CO: Pls madam(my wife) go and sit far off with the child

I was left alone, she continued with me and later called my wife for her own chat while I also went to sit afar.

CO: what year and which university
CO: where do you work
Me: Answered.
CO: As?
Me: Accountant
CO: When, where and at what age did u meet ur wife.
Me: Answered. Wifey: Answered.
CO: When did you propose to her
CO: what is your child DOB
Me: Answered. Wifey: Answered
CO: When was the naming
CO: what day of the week was it.
Me: Didn't answer and she jumped it. Wifey: Monday.
CO: How many people attended.
Me: Answered. Wife: Answered.
CO: When did you go to deliver
Me: 9am. Wifey: 4pm
CO: In the night
Wifey: Yes
CO: Which hospital did your wife deliver
Me: mission house, owned by a retired nurse. Wifey: Faith Mission
CO: Where were you when she left for hospital
Me: Office(DV Plc, we used to work from 8am till 9pm). Wifey: DV plc
CO: How did she get there
Me: she trekked to a junction from house and took bike. Wifey: By bike.
CO: What is the distance
Me: Less than 15mins. Wifey: Like 20mins
CO: What time did she deliver
Me: 11pm. Wifey: 11pm
CO: What time did u get there
Me: 9pm. Wifey: 8pm
CO: How many people were there when she delivered.
Me: The retired nurse, her daughter and husband. Wifey: Matron and a nurse.
CO: When was she discharged
Me: Next day. Wifey: Same
Co: Who came to visit her in the hospital
Me: mother in law. Wifey: same
CO: when did she arrive
Me: Next morning. Wifey: Same
CO: Who came to visit you the day you delivered
Wifey: Nobody
CO: Who came to visit your husband
CO: Who was with you in the hospital when you delivered.
Wifey: my husband.
CO: How many nurses are in the hospital
Wifey: I don't know
CO: is the matron owner of the mission house
Wifey: yes

After these two seperate interviews, I was denied visa on the grounds of inability to convince the CO of a bona fide spousal relationship.

Lessons:
1) For people yet to go for interview, pls prepare very very well as visa limit has been reached for the fiscal year hence embassy is looking for any loophole to deny applicants. DV visa no too dey again o.

2) People with babies should leave the babies playing and show them if the CO asks for them. A child will always be a child. They can distract and cause separate interviews if taken along to the CO.

3) Patners should not leave themselves irrespective of pressures from the embassy security.

Thank you to all green house members 2013 and 2014 threads. The bbm NL group is also appreciated. I remember how the monthly prayers & fasting contributed to my spiritual life. You guys are all wonderful. Names too numerous to mention.

5 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by diskindgod: 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
It is because of the busy schedule of members. You know most have migrated. But I bet you you will get a response to your request tomorrow.

Cypriankosiso: Pleas urgent attention plz, for the ppl that has travelled, do I need to go port health authority nd get "my vaccine on yellow fever nd polio" which dey calld yellow card, thy said dey need it in port of entry, plz ans me b4 ppl chop my moni in lagos

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by diskindgod: 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
From consultations, nobody will request it from you at POE. However, it is for your own health good if done and its 1k.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 6:31am On Aug 29, 2014
Yellow fever card is Not requested at the Airport Nor P.O.E... In my own case, few days to my jetting out I had to go to MMA to get it done cause of conflicting stories about it.. The Nurse at the clinic in MMA adviced me to do it even though it was not required but just for my health benefit..I think the immunity last for 10yrs or so.. It's just 1k..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cypriankosiso(m): 7:05am On Aug 29, 2014
diskindgod: From consultations, nobody will request it from you at POE. However, it is for your own health good if done and its 1k.
@ diskindgod- u r a man with big hart, u hv don what u r suppose to do as a man, sum tins it may b d well of God bcs u dnt knw he has in plan for u, he is d one that selected u b4, he wil stil do a new tin in ur lif, he knws d end and beginning of wht u never tot of, am sory for it was a sad new but I knw is for good, belive me u hve overcome it b4 it gets to u. Thnks for ur respond to me,

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cypriankosiso(m): 7:11am On Aug 29, 2014
bamideleniayo: Yellow fever card is Not requested at the Airport Nor P.O.E... In my own case, few days to my jetting out I had to go to MMA to get it done cause of conflicting stories about it.. The Nurse at the clinic in MMA adviced me to do it even though it was not required but just for my health benefit..I think the immunity last for 10yrs or so.. It's just 1k..
@ bamideleniayo thank u vry much bcs ppl keep putting prsure on u if u r going out, which side of d cuntry r u? Am in asaba let me chek if dey r doing it in asaba airport, let me do, for my health
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 8:15am On Aug 29, 2014
diskindgod: It was exactly a week now that I went for my chat. I purposely delayed posting my experience because of the response I was expecting from the embassy.

Based on advice from NL members,we left all our items in the hotel except our docs which I packed in a big nylon bag. At the first security check, wife and my son were allowed and later ordered by the security to the hall while I was at the first point doing security check because of the nylon containing our docs I held. After the thorough check, I stepped outside to go to the main hall but couldn't sight my wife. I asked the security who gave people umbrellas and said she has been ordered in. His colleague apologised for that. As I entered the hall for other security check, I met my wife standing and about to be sent out for being overstayed by the security. I removed belt, got no B411 and we all entered the interview hall. While paying for three, wife was asked to go sit. Docs were well arranged and submitted as the officer said 'Thank you for being organised'. (Thanks to NL, where I got how to arrange docs, for this compliments). While the waiting lasted, I almost went 20times to carry my son from different corners he went playing and disturbing people.

No beeped at window 16(White lady). We went together while son was carried by wifey. Did finger prints and son(1yr 3months) also wanted to place his hands. When I saw he wanted to cry, I just allowed him place hands.

CO: what year (couldn't hear well and begged she say it again 2times as son was pestering with noise abt to cry)

I was left alone, she continued with me and later called my wife for her own chat while I also went to sit afar.

After these two seperate interviews, I was denied visa on the grounds of inability to convince the CO of a bona fide spousal relationship.

Lessons:
1) For people yet to go for interview, pls prepare very very well as visa limit has been reached for the fiscal year hence embassy is looking for any loophole to deny applicants. DV visa no too dey again o.

2) People with babies should leave the babies playing and show them if the CO asks for them. A child will always be a child. They can distract and cause separate interviews if taken along to the CO.

3) Patners should not leave themselves irrespective of pressures from the embassy security.

Thank you to all green house members 2013 and 2014 threads. The bbm NL group is also appreciated. I remember how the monthly prayers & fasting contributed to my spiritual life. You guys are all wonderful. Names too numerous to mention.
Mercy, mercy, mercy. Waiting for ur relook on this good VO...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 8:40am On Aug 29, 2014
@cyprainkosiso u ar right, here is deserted, inquiries stay alone here wit no one attending promptly to them. But yet, I couldn't rember dis name here anymore until u just asked a question.We still hv a lot to learn from adeboy. On a difft issue, I wish to let us knw dt I would be delighted to be helped to find job/ work in any State than where am heading to because since I denounced being joined wt smb else in a false marriage I seem not to enjoy d help I requested ab innitio.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 9:32am On Aug 29, 2014
cute2014:
Madam,how are u and ur family?Just wanted to holla u.Have a nice day and stay blessed!

Hello Dear, we are doing very well. Thanks for checking on us. Hope everyone is well at your end? How are preparations going? Our Interview is coming up on Tuesday, I pray that God fills that day with laughter and joy for my family and I as well as for st Stevens family as well.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 10:12am On Aug 29, 2014
Dekonjay:

Hello Dear, we are doing very well. Thanks for checking on us. Hope everyone is well at your end? How are preparations going? Our Interview is coming up on Tuesday, I pray that God fills that day with laughter and joy for my family and I as well as for st Stevens family as well.

@ Dekonjay... Amen and so shall it be... you are already favored ahead that day.. God be with you and your family.

@Felixfelix and Cypriankosiso, Maybe because alot have been granted visa and many are already in the state and also preparations to jet out from Naija is keeping some extremely busy, that makes here to be dry and unusual. @ Cypriankosiso, am very sure u are much okay with the responses from DiskinGod and bamideleniayo as both have made the genuine point and what u need to do.

@ DiskinGod, despite the fact that we have talked at length on fone, yet the need to say to your case publicly here cannot be overemphasize... sometimes if i think of your personality, how courageous you are, I always felt so happy and am already feeling God's favour upon you. few members got their visa denied yet some of them refuses to come out openly just as you did, even some members i know personally got their visa approved and due to some unreasonable reasons they refuses to post their chat here, but with yours is reverse is the case. God will favour you miraculously. (Amen)

@All, am so sorry for AWOL .. its preparation that is taking alot of my time... Happy Weekend to everyone.. have a wonderful day ahead.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 10:12am On Aug 29, 2014
felixfelix: @cyprainkosiso u ar right, here is deserted, inquiries stay alone here wit no one attending promptly to them. But yet, I couldn't rember dis name here anymore until u just asked a question.We still hv a lot to learn from adeboy. On a difft issue, I wish to let us knw dt I would be delighted to be helped to find job/ work in any State than where am heading to because since I denounced being joined wt smb else in a false marriage I seem not to enjoy d help I requested ab innitio.

It is true that this forum seems deserted but who are the people to contribute if not us. Everyone has to contribute not only by asking questions but by also giving answers. When you asked about tickets I answered. Jejelady asked you to PM her as well. I don't know how that went cos you didn't post your feed back here.
@ cypriankosiso, Bamideleniayo has answered your question concerning the yellow fever. Hopefully you will tell is how you went about it in the end.
To every green house member preparing to leave the country soon and those who are already in the states and are trying to settle down, may the good Lord guide and guard you in your new life. Amen.
@Adeboy, no one be like you!

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 10:17am On Aug 29, 2014
Adeboy007:

@ Dekonjay... Amen and so shall it be... you are already favored ahead that day.. God be with you

@All, am so sorry for AWOL .. its preparation that is taking alot of my time... Happy Weekend to everyone.. have a wonderful day ahead.

Thank you my brother for chipping in. We all understand why you and other members are scarce. How is preparation going? Happy weekend to you too!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jejelady(f): 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
felixfelix: @cyprainkosiso u ar right, here is deserted, inquiries stay alone here wit no one attending promptly to them. But yet, I couldn't rember dis name here anymore until u just asked a question.We still hv a lot to learn from adeboy. On a difft issue, I wish to let us knw dt I would be delighted to be helped to find job/ work in any State than where am heading to because since I denounced being joined wt smb else in a false marriage I seem not to enjoy d help I requested ab innitio.

I replied ur pm felix but no response since then. What is ur bkgrnd?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
jejelady:

I replied ur pm felix but no response since then. What is ur bkgrnd?
I am sorry her excellency.My phone was having problems opening yahoomail hence I came to this cafe see if u hv a message for me.
I have dropped my contacts to that effect.I will detail u as soon as I get yours.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cypriankosiso(m): 2:13am On Aug 30, 2014
Pleas let us keep dis set of nairaland flag flying plz, bcs no lecture will teach u what we learnt frm here. @dekonjay, felixfelix, adeboy007, we stil hv ppl on ground who has nt finish thir own visa tins that need our assistance, plz dey house shuld pry for me am moving to boston on 2nd, our lady mrs jejelady do u hav any nairaland in boston massachusett, we need to connect so that we can expand to help our ppl coming up, thank u ma
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jejelady(f): 4:41am On Aug 30, 2014
felixfelix:
I am sorry her excellency.My phone was having problems opening yahoomail hence I came to this cafe see if u hv a message for me.
I have dropped my contacts to that effect.I will detail u as soon as I get yours.
Thanks... Replied but please simply refer to me as Jeje or Bee... wink u can refer to my profile for what she looks like... Pics uploaded temporarily for DV thread members who wonder how she looks.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 7:42am On Aug 30, 2014
Cypriankosiso: @ bamideleniayo thank u vry much bcs ppl keep putting prsure on u if u r going out, which side of d cuntry r u? Am in asaba let me chek if dey r doing it in asaba airport, let me do, for my health
@Cypriankosiso...Am here in America not Nigeria..!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jejelady(f): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2014
Cypriankosiso: Pleas let us keep dis set of nairaland flag flying plz, bcs no lecture will teach u what we learnt frm here. @dekonjay, felixfelix, adeboy007, we stil hv ppl on ground who has nt finish thir own visa tins that need our assistance, plz dey house shuld pry for me am moving to boston on 2nd, our lady mrs jejelady do u hav any nairaland in boston massachusett, we need to connect so that we can expand to help our ppl coming up, thank u ma
Adesojiaderemi is a good contact.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by EgbonBode: 8:24am On Aug 30, 2014
I will be remembering you in my prayer. I believe God can turn this decision around. I urge every member of this forum to remember this family in prayer. "So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who shows mercy." Romans 9:16

diskindgod: It was exactly a week now that I went for my chat. I purposely delayed posting my experience because of the response I was expecting from the embassy.

Lessons:

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cypriankosiso(m): 8:56am On Aug 30, 2014
jejelady:
Adesojiaderemi is a good contact.
@ mrs jejelady, thank u vry much bcs u r always around to help ppl, am searching for him but I culd nt get him so that I can pm him, I will ping u thru my email so that I may get his contact, thank u vry much.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cypriankosiso(m): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2014
bamideleniayo: @Cypriankosiso...Am here in America not Nigeria..!
@ bamideleniayo. Sorry my brother I dnt knw u hv moved wit ur bags, plz how is d plce lik, we r coming vry soon!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by micolo1: 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
diskindgod: It is because of the busy schedule of members. You know most have migrated. But I bet you you will get a response to your request tomorrow.

You don't need any yellow fever vaccine card. The medical you did is enough. You don't show any card at the point of entry. You will only be called aside by the customs so that they can enter your data in their system and stamp your passport. Be patient. It will take some time. Maybe 1,2 or 3 hours.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cute2014: 10:01am On Sep 01, 2014
Good morning Nairalanders,so sorry for not posting here in a while.Partly because my internet modem seem to only work when I'm at work and not at home.My phone also been acting up,in terms of memory.
I hope we all remember to fast and pray today.Also give thanks to Him,as when we praise Him He shows up in our situation.Also we shd remember to pray for the situation of the country; Chibok girls & Ebola Virus Disease.God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2014
StStephen success all the way and congrats in advance.God is involved.Amen!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
Thanks bro...
Perfectly ready for tomoro and we are already behind the embassy at the military Hospital. S̲̅Ơ, we conquered every spirit of lateness already.

5 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Dekonjay(f): 7:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
This is the day that The Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. My family's interview was a success today! USA here I come!!

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by felixfelix: 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dekonjay: This is the day that The Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. My family's interview was a success today! USA here I come!!
Halleluia! Congrats. To God be d glory. U are blssd.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by GiftedHandz: 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dekonjay: This is the day that The Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. My family's interview was a success today! USA here I come!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnn! Congrats! To Him be all the praise.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Lakeside4christ(m): 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2014

Waoooo...congratulation! am happy for ur family.

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.