Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi (1162 Views)

Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh / Rebuilding Of Chibok Commence See Pictures / The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by Bkl4real: 12:16am On May 01, 2013
Governor Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State has stated in clear terms that his administration is rebuilding the state’s infrastructure to compliment the development efforts of its founding fathers and not the transformation agenda of the Federal Government.

Amaechi spoke, Monday, when participants of the Senior Executive Course member 35 from the Nigeria Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) Kuru, Jos paid him a courtesy visit at Government House, Port Harcourt as part of their tour and analysis of the nation’s transformation agenda. Amaechi said the transformation agenda could be implemented by the next administration after his tenure as he is focused on rebuilding.

“We are not doing transformation; we are only going back to where our parents left us first before we can commence transformation. There is nothing we are doing now that King Diette-Spiff did not do, but they have all deteriorated. So we are going back to where King Diette-Spiff left the state, and hope that, whoever takes over from us can then transform. So here, we are not transforming, we only get back to where Spiff left us. He built over 200 Secondary schools and Primary schools. We even had fish farms but they have all been vandalized and the land taken over by communities. So there is nothing new. The only thing that is new is the quality and the type of roads that we are building and the monorail project. We have a target of January, 2014 to complete the monorail that will be the first in Africa. Now it is 3km and if we have N72 billion we will extend it to 7kms,” Amaechi said.

The governor spoke of his administration’s vision and efforts in education, health, welfare and other sectors.

“The Model Secondary schools, like the Model Primary schools are ICT compliant. An Indian Company has taken over the sustainability of the project, but government is still negotiating with the due process to provide one child with one tablet.”

“We promised our people 160 Health Centres, we have completed 120, the remaining 40 health centres are under construction. We have hired 400 doctors and making efforts to hire another 200 this year,” Amaechi said.

The governor also said the wage bill of workers has increased from N2.5 billion to N8.9 billion due to the inclusion of salary bill of primary school teachers, a responsibility undertaken by the local government councils before he assumed office.

He assured that his administration will make good its promise of ensuring 24 hours steady power supply.

“We believe that by the time all the power stations have been completed, we should be able to have 715 megawatts. So, for the next four to five years, whoever becomes the next governor will not concentrate in building new infrastructure. By the time we stabilize power, you will have what we call suppress demand, it will rise and you will have people move over to start business. But the federal government have refused to allow us distribute power. We are the only state that has built 26 sub-stations. That is the only way we have given power to people’s homes. In the next few months, we should be able to have regular power supply in Port Harcourt,” Amaechi said.

On roads, Amaechi said, his administration has built internal drainage system which has made the construction project expensive, adding that some of the welfare facilities to be provided at the Greater Port Harcourt City have underground networks.

Speaking of more projects, he said, “You will see our new Sports City and the facilities. The only thing that is outstanding is the installation of the seats. I have insisted that they should fix the kind of seats at the Olympic Stadium in Britain. We have paid the contractor and he should complete the project. We are also embarking on the installation of water.”

“Employment is one of the reasons behind crime. So if you don’t generate employment, the rich will not sleep. And we believe that the easiest way to generate employment is through Agriculture, because you are dealing with two categories and that is the skilled and unskilled manpower. We have the Buguma Fish Farm; one is in Andoni, another at Ubima, then Opobo, while one will also be sited in Okrika. You will see the Songhai Farm, the Banana plantation in Tai Local Government; and we have revived the Risonpalm of 16,000 hectares of land,” Amaechi said.

Earlier, leader of the delegation and representative of the Director-General of NIPSS, Prof. Ibrahim Mohammed Jumare, said the purpose of the visit is to undertake a study tour on strengthening institutional framework and the transformational agenda in the country.

He said, participants will visit other states in the Southern part of the country including, Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Ekiti and Oyo States, and will also have an interactive session with various tiers of government on issues of the transformation agenda of the federal government.

http://abusidiqu.com/?p=12109&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Abusidiqucom+%28Abusidiqu.com%29
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:07am On May 01, 2013
So Amaechi still dey sharp mouth abi? pls someone should tell him that there are 2 entities you cant fight GOD and GOVT.
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by Tigerhead: 1:30am On May 01, 2013
This in clear terms is why Amaechi is no longer fit to be a PDP governor. I really don't see what he is still doing in the party. Up to four SS governors have called him publicly a traitor using various words such as Judas etc. How much longer can he remain a PDP member?

Let's see.
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by Nobody: 2:03am On May 01, 2013
RICHIE BOI: So Amaechi still dey sharp mouth abi? pls someone should tell him that there are 2 entities you cant fight GOD and GOVT.

You can fight a clueless and corrupt government. They don't have a case against Amaechi. In a bid to nail him, they ll inflict more political injuries on themselves.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by Rhino5dm: 2:39am On May 01, 2013
Reeling out facts! Hmm, Ameachi the man of the moment stating his verifiable achievements.

"The Change We Can See"

Prof Corruption:

You can fight a clueless and corrupt government. They don't have a case against Amaechi. In a bid to nail him, they ll inflict more political injuries on themselves.

Well said.
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by Tigerhead: 3:05am On May 01, 2013
Up Amaechi the new darling of the youruba. Watch and see, he is going to decamp and all my people will vote for APC.

I laugh in yoruba.

Rhino.5dm:
Reeling out facts! Hmm, Ameachi the man of the moment stating his verifiable achievements.

"The Change We Can See"
Well said.

Prof Corruption:

Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by SlyIg(f): 4:02am On May 01, 2013
Nna, this man no d fear at all o o ...
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by toshacer: 5:34am On May 01, 2013
Tigerhead: Up Amaechi the new darling of the youruba. Watch and see, he is going to decamp and all my people will vote for APC.

I laugh in yoruba.

Joke of the century
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by Nobody: 5:50am On May 01, 2013
SlyIg: Nna, this man no d fear at all o o ...

the Amaechi I know will not go down quietly, Amaechi is very stubborn and thrives in controversy

The Presidency is ill-advised to take on him.

Amaechi will not win this fight outright but this fight will definitely make Jonathan weaker than he already is
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by ckkris: 5:52am On May 01, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Please post your REAL NAME & ADDRESS, before you wickedly mislead Amechi, to join unreliable people to fight against his own village, and his own people.
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by RickyRoss1(m): 6:20am On May 01, 2013
Infrastructure wise Amaechi has done very well in Education, Healthcare, Security etc. In PHC we now go to club anytime we like, unlike b4 when you dont dare step out after 9pm. PH City is even more livelier in the night.

The Greater PH City under construction is a tremendous achievement, my house is less than 15 minutes drive from there. All the construction projects going on in Greater PH City is world class, including the sports city, roads, drainage's etc.

However, Amaechi disappointed me when he failed to deliver 24 hours uninterrupted power supply last year. Before making such claims or announcements, be 100% sure it is achievable and stop feeding us with stories. If you know the FG did not give your state right to distribute power, why did you go all over the media making promises? He told all PHC Residents to move their gen sets to their villages bc from December 2012 there will be steady light in Port Harcourt. I am not surprised bc Odili made similar FAKE promises about steady power supply without delivering.

Another challenge for Amaechi is the Light Rail Project. Its just like the Lagos/Badagry express way in Lagos which I saw last 2 months. With the current pace it will take another 5 years of hard work to complete the Rivers Light Rail Project.

All in all, Amaechi has done better than Odili and so I will give him a pass mark. The type of primary and secondary schools Amaechi build all over rivers state is better than so many of our so called universities.
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by Nobody: 6:38am On May 01, 2013
Ricky_Ross: Infrastructure wise Amaechi has done very well in Education, Healthcare, Security etc. In PHC we now go to club anytime we like, unlike b4 when you dont dare step out after 9pm. PH City is even more livelier in the night.

The Greater PH City under construction is a tremendous achievement, my house is less than 15 minutes drive from there. All the construction projects going on in Greater PH City is world class, including the sports city, roads, drainage's etc.

However, Amaechi disappointed me when he failed to deliver 24 hours uninterrupted power supply last year. Before making such claims or announcements, be 100% sure it is achievable and stop feeding us with stories. If you know the FG did not give your state right to distribute power, why did you go all over the media making promises? He told all PHC Residents to move their gen sets to their villages bc from December 2012 there will be steady light in Port Harcourt. I am not surprised bc Odili made similar FAKE promises about steady power supply without delivering.

Another challenge for Amaechi is the Light Rail Project. Its just like the Lagos/Badagry express way in Lagos which I saw last 2 months. With the current pace it will take another 5 years of hard work to complete the Rivers Light Rail Project.

All in all, Amaechi has done better than Odili and so I will give him a pass mark. The type of primary and secondary schools Amaechi build all over rivers state is better than so many of our so called universities.
One interesting I noticed is that when security situation in a state improves, the state governor takes all the commendation but when it worsens, the blame has to placed on FG. It is strange.

Nonetheless, I believe the state governors should take the blame or commendation for insecurity or security as the case maybe in their respective states. Though they cannot hire and fire police chiefs but the governors are EXTREMELY powerful in their domains. They should be able to bring those powers to bear in the area of security. In any case, the security chiefs in the states are answerable to a great extent to the governors and most governors are emperors.
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by Rhino5dm: 7:06am On May 01, 2013
Tigerhead: Up Amaechi the new darling of the youruba. Watch and see, he is going to decamp and all my people will vote for APC.

I laugh in yoruba.

You think stalking me will make me do what? Stop? I'm more stubborn than anything you may ever think of.

Goto Beaf's grave side and consult his spirit about how I dealt with him. No one of you can stand me. The more you think you are trying to stop me, the more heart attack and grieve I give you. Bigoted grass chewing goat.
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by ojubi(m): 7:25am On May 01, 2013
It is surprising how people don't learn from others mistakes. @ mr. AMEACHI, ODILI was obsessed of becoming president, go and ask him what that choice cost him. Even if GEJ will not contest, and the vice presidency slot comes to the south, in the spirit of equity and fairness an Igbo man not another Niger Delter man should be V.P. You Have been speaker for 8 years,Governor for 8 years, don't u think you need to retire peacefully?

1 Like

Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by Nobody: 7:36am On May 01, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

You think stalking me will make me do what? Stop? I'm more stubborn than anything you may ever think of.

Goto Beaf's grave side and consult his spirit about how I dealt with him. No one of you can stand me. The more you think you are trying to stop me, the more heart attack and grieve I give you. Bigoted grass chewing goat.
Guy,you must be kidding right. You're telling me CATEGORICALLY that the almighty BEAF is dead and buried? Ah ah ah ah. And that you finished him? That must be a joke of the century. I don't think you are correct man cos each time i read INSINCERE NIGERIAN post,i see the ghost of BEAF all over the letters. Nah nah, beaf ain't dead yet my friend. Ask insincere Nigerian.
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by Rhino5dm: 9:11am On May 01, 2013
maryjames9: Guy,you must be kidding right. You're telling me CATEGORICALLY that the almighty BEAF is dead and buried? Ah ah ah ah. And that you finished him? That must be a joke of the century. I don't think you are correct man cos each time i read INSINCERE NIGERIAN post,i see the ghost of BEAF all over the letters. Nah nah, beaf ain't dead yet my friend. Ask insincere Nigerian.

Sincere9gerian CAN NEVER be BEAF. Believe me, it's an insult to compare Sincer9gerian with the corpse of BEAF. . . .And yes, I'm the merciless slayer that spilled his blood on nairaland's arena. That match was the fight of the decade spanning 4 days. I could have let him lived but for the crowds cheering me and demanding his blood must water the arena with " Rhino!!! KILL !!!!" cool

He was molested like the cheap pusssy he was and his little body couldn't take it anymore. He cried and begged for his life, after feeling my sword by his neck. Well, he is now in the past with only memories that can only be found after digging through the rubble of nairaland's server via Google search engine.
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by slimghost(m): 9:18am On May 01, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Sincere9gerian CAN NEVER be BEAF. Believe me, it's an insult to compare Sincer9gerian with the corpse of BEAF. . . .And yes, I'm the merciless slayer that spilled his blood on nairaland's arena. That match was the fight of the decade spanning 4 days. I could have let him lived but for the crowds cheering me and demanding his blood must water the arena with " Rhino!!! KILL !!!!" cool

He was molested like the cheap pusssy he was and his little body couldn't take it anymore. He cried and begged for his life, after feeling my sword by his neck. Well, he is now in the past with only memories that can only be found after digging through the rubble of nairaland's server via Google search engine.

Dude you need to see a shrink ASAP
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by Rhino5dm: 9:23am On May 01, 2013
slimghost:

Dude you need to see a shrink ASAP

And you need a gutter to dwell in, isn't that what makes swine like you happy? Fool.
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by nuclearboy(m): 9:35am On May 01, 2013
Amaechi talks too much and too loosely!

However, Jonathan should ignore him and stop the "I am bigger than you" moves - they insult the presidency, Nigeria and common sense.

You show you are bigger than a child by behaving like an adult, not this rubbish that is making Nigeria look petty in the face of Boko Haram.

And he is the one who wants another term! With this nonsense, nobody with good upbringing will support someone getting into a gutter to beat a smaller child just to prove he's "bigger"! angry
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:42am On May 01, 2013
I was actually thinking about starting a thread to show expatriates driving themselves in ph without mopol men grin grin I nor wan give wrong men business to do.
I am not a fan of the pdp but this guy is the fashola of pdp. The common man on the street will fight for him.
Re: We Are Rebuilding Rivers State, Not Like The Fg’s Transformation Agenda -amaechi by phantom(m): 10:33am On May 01, 2013
Chrisbenogor: I was actually thinking about starting a thread to show expatriates driving themselves in ph without mopol men grin grin I nor wan give wrong men business to do.
I am not a fan of the pdp but this guy is the fashola of pdp. The common man on the street will fight for him.
i agree totally.was driving to boungavillae hotel the other day and saw one whity riding his bicycle down the street looking relaxed.reminded me of the good ol days in ph when one didnt need a fence to secure his house.all we had then were shrubs of ixora surrounding the houses.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News**2015 ELECTION** Bola Tinubu And His New National Govt, 2015 - / SE,SW, N: Photo that tells a story / How Jonathan Force Baraje - Led Pdp Treasurer To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.