Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,476 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! (24493 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / The Grace Antagonists 1 / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by MostHigh: 5:47pm On May 07, 2013
shdemidemi:

So, what is the significance of christ's death if the 'fulfilled' means when lion and goat will be groupies.pls try back it up with the scripture

You are truly confused.

Everything I have listed above is from scipture you lazy bones

But for you it shall be revealed as parable

go do some homework about the groupies you speak about.

And for a man that claims Yashua is not his king you sure do call his name a lot.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by christemmbassey(m): 5:50pm On May 07, 2013
Ihedinobi:

You see why I said that you people are not paying attention. Have I not been insisting that the model is not even a house in itself so that it should be said that there are two houses: the model and the actual building?

I hold that Moses was only a picture of Christ. He is not a Law the same way that Christ is. The Law is Christ. However, Moses came to describe Christ to us and is useful to understanding Christ.

Now that we have got Christ, have we completely comprehended Him? What do the Scriptures say? 1 Corinthians 13:9, 12 says that we haven't and 1 John 3:2 says that we won't until Christ comes.

We are to grow up into Him in all things. That means that there is a growing up to do and it is into Him and in more than one thing. And this growing up occurs as we understand Christ. Therefore, Moses is a necessary lesson for us to attain the fullness of Christ.

Again, I reiterate: this does not mean at all that that which is in Christ can be under obligation. It means that the building that is Christ in us is under construction for as long as we are found in this earthly tabernacle and we will continue to refer to the model until the building has been perfected.
it is views like this that always make me to ask, do you know who a christian is? Rm8:29 says "for whom he did forknow, he also did predestinate to be CONFORMED to the image of his son, pls dont use ur feelings, experiences and challenges to undastand christianity, odawise you WILL NEVER undastand it, 1jn1:7 says "if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another...", again jms 1:25 says "but whoso looked at the perfect law of liberty and continued therein .......this man shall be blessed in his deeds(kjv). Pls bro go and research on who is a christian or maybe join me in a new thread titled WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by ayoku777(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2013
MostHigh:

Correction he says untill all is fullfiled

and by this (ALL) he means the kingdom age

When longevity will be returned to man

when the lion will sit with the goat

When one will not need to teach another for the love of the lord and his laws will be in thier hearts

When it will not be hard to speak up for the truth and justice because the devil and his children have been obliterated by nuke fire

when every head of the house shall be the priest of the house and king as well (no more pastors drinking human blood)....etc

so you tell me has all the above happened yet where you live?

Finally what are the ordinances of your priesthood I am very interested to know?

@ MostHigh

All these great soon coming events are the manifestation of the sons of God that the creation is earnestly waiting for and will soon begin through the church, it is not the same thing as the fulfilment of the law as you erroneously put it.

Leme illustrate it this way. Scriptures says '....by his stripes we are healed'. It means through the stripes that Christ bore for us on the cross we are healed and the prophecy concerning our healing is fulfilled. Now many christians still fall sick, does that mean that Christ's stripes did not fully fulfil the prophecy for our healing and another fulfilment is to be expected? Ofcourse NO. Whether or not we still fall sick, the prophecy for our healing has been accomplished in Christ. What we need to do now is walk in the power of the Spirit that Christ has given us and manifest our healing that has already being fulfilled in Him.

The mistake you're making is that, you think just coz problems still exist in the world, it means the whole law couldn't have been fulfilled. No, problems still exists coz the power of the finished work of Christ is not yet being fully demonstrated in and through the lives of those who have received Christ. And we will demonstrate that power through the Holy Spirit. The Law has been fulfilled in Christ, problems in the world are not proof that it hasn't .
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:24pm On May 07, 2013
MostHigh:

You are truly confused.

Everything I have listed above is from scipture you lazy bones

But for you it shall be revealed as parable

go do some homework about the groupies you speak about.

And for a man that claims Yashua is not his king you sure do call his name a lot.

Please what parable revealed what you are saying.

Do you understand the church is the body of Christ?

Pls explain this verse
28 So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:34pm On May 07, 2013
^^^^^ remember you've not answered what the significance of christ's death is.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Zikkyy(m): 6:58pm On May 07, 2013
Ihedinobi:
You see why I said that you people are not paying attention. Have I not been insisting that the model is not even a house in itself so that it should be said that there are two houses: the model and the actual building?

abeg commot for road joor angry grin who says the model is a house? abeg read my post very well o!

Ihedinobi:
I hold that Moses was only a picture of Christ. He is not a Law the same way that Christ is. The Law is Christ. However, Moses came to describe Christ to us and is useful to understanding Christ.

Lets assume that the picture was describing Jesus physical attribute and Moses described every feature except the leg. Base on this description can we say we know Christ very well? Now Christ came and gave us a complete picture of himself with a description of the legs as well. so which of the description do you hold on to? Moses description or Christ description?
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 07, 2013
Zikkyy: Lets assume that the picture was describing Jesus physical attribute and Moses described every feature except the leg. Base on this description can we say we know Christ very well? Now Christ came and gave us a complete picture of himself with a description of the legs as well. so which of the description do you hold on to? Moses description or Christ description?

Are you saying that Moses gave an imperfect description of Christ?

1 Like

Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 07, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Are you saying that Paul's letters to individuals or, in fact, any letter to an individual in the Scriptures is irrelevant to the whole Church?
My bro.. i tire for the guy o..He is a shifter. He doesn't stay on one line of argument,that's my problem with him.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

abeg commot for road joor angry grin who says the model is a house? abeg read my post very well o!

Did you not say the following?

Zikkyy: keyword here is "understands". so it's not the same thing

What is not the same thing?
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 07, 2013
Ihedinobi:

shocked shocked another heresy..shey i talk am.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by ayoku777(m): 9:24pm On May 07, 2013
Bidam: shocked shocked another heresy..shey i talk am.

Can your shadow ever give a perfect description of you? Certainly not. So its not heresis that the law never gave a perfect description of Christ, not that the one it gave was wrong, but Jesus is more glorious and compelling than the law could have ever described
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Image123(m): 9:25pm On May 07, 2013
Goshen360:

The same thing he did with me yesterday and when I realized it, I stopped responding. He asks questions and when you answer him, he picks another question out of your response and keeping going in circle? Okay, tell us what the purpose of the law of Moses is still serving AFTER it has led us to Christ? He would not talk. I don't like such discussion please!

I'm off from here.
This is an apt description of what you do anytime i discuss tithes with you.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Image123(m): 9:28pm On May 07, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I don't get your point.
he's pointless jare, don't mind him. He didn't expect that scripture that you used to reply.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 07, 2013
shdemidemi:

Ok, I will be waiting for your interpretation.
I have read Romans 1: 21 and it doesn't explain Cornelius as a devout man who feared God neither did it explain timothy who Paul said he was a child to have known the scriptures and NOT a young man as you want to twist that scripture to suit your personal interpretations..try another line abeg.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Image123(m): 9:30pm On May 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

you better be careful with this ya questioning, so you don't provoke somebody to the point where the man will pull a pistol on ya grin
cheesy
no bi that kain provoke na.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

who is saying you should not read the bible?
you na..that was why i qouted luke 4:4 for you based on this below

Zikkyy: my post was saying that one that is spirit led do not need to make reference to the written law (mosaic) to know he should not kill (for example). unless you are telling me the spirit himself is not aware of this fact and also need to consult the written law for such guidance. If Jesus did not need to law to guide his personal conduct why do i need the law now that i have Christ in me?
My question is was Jesus not studying the law right from an early age?
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 07, 2013
ayoku777:

Can your shadow ever give a perfect description of you? Certainly not. So its not heresis that the law never gave a perfect description of Christ, not that the one it gave was wrong, but Jesus is more glorious and compelling than the law could have ever described
and what do you understand by the WORD CHRIST?
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 07, 2013
ayoku777:

No model of the White House or of the 7-star hotel in the UAE would be anywhere as imposing as the edifices themselves, but they would not fail to describe the structures perfectly.

However, let's look at the Scriptures. See Hebrews 4:2-5. There Moses was described as being "faithful in all his house". Again, the Lord God specifically and unequivocally instructed Moses to ensure that he followed the pattern that He had shown him in the mount. We know that the Lord does not abide imperfection. Do you know of any place where the Lord testified that Moses failed in any way to make a perfect copy of what was shown to Him?
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Boomark(m): 10:06pm On May 07, 2013
I can see people who want to compete with Christ in fulfilling the law. Am enjoying the product of the fulfilled law-GRACE. cheesy

what exactly do they want to practice in the law? Is it
1 Honour your father and mother?
2 tithe(they are not sure whether to follow Abraham or the law)?
3 Animal sacrifice?
4 cruxifying people?

Well this is for you

Galatians 3:10
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, " cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."

Christ has put an end to the law.

1 Like

Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by ayoku777(m): 10:11pm On May 07, 2013
Ihedinobi:

No model of the White House or of the 7-star hotel in the UAE would be anywhere as imposing as the edifices themselves, but they would not fail to describe the structures perfectly.

However, let's look at the Scriptures. See Hebrews 4:2-5. There Moses was described as being "faithful in all his house". Again, the Lord God specifically and unequivocally instructed Moses to ensure that he followed the pattern that He had shown him in the mount. We know that the Lord does not abide imperfection. Do you know of any place where the Lord testified that Moses failed in any way to make a perfect copy of what was shown to Him?

And do you also know that the tarbernacle of Moses was a shadow of the real? So Moses was faithful to build what God showed him, but it is Christ who is the builder of the real tarbernacle. Being faithful in delivering the shadow doesn't make the shadow the reality.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by ayoku777(m): 10:13pm On May 07, 2013
Bidam: and what do you understand by the WORD CHRIST?

Christ is greek for the hebrew 'messiah', and they both mean the 'anointed one'
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by ayoku777(m): 10:16pm On May 07, 2013
Boomark: I can see people who want to compete with Christ in fulfilling the law. Am enjoying the product of the fulfilled law-GRACE. cheesy

2 tithe(they are not sure whether to follow Abraham or the law)?
3 Animal sacrifice?
4 cruxifying people?

Well this is for you

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, " cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."

Thanks bro, you couldn't have said it better. Obeying 99% of the law and failing in just 1% makes eligible for the curse as much as the person who keeps none. So at the end of the day, there is no escaping the curse under the system of obeying laws and keeping commandments, only in Christ.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Zikkyy(m): 10:29pm On May 07, 2013
Ihedinobi:

if it did the Jews would have been Christians, abi? what do you think? what went wrong? why did they decide to stick to the shadow when the substance was available? maybe there was an essential ingredient missing

Romans 9:30-31 (NIV)
30 What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; 31 but the people of Israel, who pursued the law as the way of righteousness, have not attained their goal.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Zikkyy(m): 10:41pm On May 07, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Did you not say the following?

What is not the same thing?

you see yourself angry you only read the part that interest you. why not complete the statement and see if it did suggest the existence of two buildings see it again below: angry

Zikkyy:
keyword here is "understands". so it's not the same thing and cannot really help in building the actual structure.

i don't see how this suggest the model should be considered a building. not the same thing implies i can do away with the model and not feel like i lost anything.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 07, 2013
ayoku777:

And do you also know that the tarbernacle of Moses was a shadow of the real? So Moses was faithful to build what God showed him, but it is Christ who is the builder of the real tarbernacle. Being faithful in delivering the shadow doesn't make the shadow the reality.

Do you remember what brought this about? It was whether Moses rendered a perfect description of Christ or not, not whether the shadow is a reality or not. The above is a good example of a straw man.

I have explained how Moses cannot be faulted as a description of Christ. I do not hold or believe that Moses is Christ. If you want to address my argument, pay attention to what I say.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by ayoku777(m): 10:46pm On May 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

you see yourself angry you only read the part that interest you. why not complete the statement and see if it did suggest the existence of two buildings see it again below: angry

i don't see how this suggest the model should be considered a building. not the same thing implies i can do away with the model and not feel like i lost anything.

That's exactly what is hypocritical in this thread, you will say a lot things and use a lot of scriptures to explain the revelation of grace, then they will just pick a line or two that they can use to continue the argument, ignoring the many other things that you said that establishes the truth of God's grace.

This thread would have ended a long way back if there has been humility among those who are against this infinite grace truth, coz there are so many scriptures and explanations we have given that can't be rebuffed that have been ignored, and only the ones they can use to continue the argument are addressed. Its tiring that a truth so glaring in scripture can be denied this way.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Zikkyy(m): 10:51pm On May 07, 2013
Bidam: you na..that was why i qouted luke 4:4 for you based on this below

My question is was Jesus not studying the law right from an early age?

i don't see how my post says you should not read the bible or how how my post says that Jesus did not study. Una no sabi read angry okay, let me put it this way; we know Jesus did not kill anybody while he was around abi? why? do you think it was because Jesus was just obeying the mosaic law

or let me ask another way; if there was no mosaic law that says thou shall not kill, do you think Jesus would have gone on a killing spree? i hope you now understand what i meant by Jesus not needing the law.
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

if it did the Jews would have been Christians, abi? what do you think? what went wrong? why did they decide to stick to the shadow when the substance was available? maybe there was an essential ingredient missing

Romans 9:30-31 (NIV)
30 What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; 31 but the people of Israel, who pursued the law as the way of righteousness, have not attained their goal.

Honestly, you are confusing me. Is a picture an imperfect description of a person merely because it is not the person himself?
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 07, 2013
Zikkyy:

What were you responding to with that post again? Do you remember?
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 07, 2013
ayoku777:

Christ is greek for the hebrew 'messiah', and they both mean the 'anointed one'
was moses NOT a type of christ?
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by ayoku777(m): 11:20pm On May 07, 2013
Bidam: was moses NOT a type of christ?

Yeah he was, just like joseph and joshua and Aaron and David
Re: Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 07, 2013
Boomark: I can see people who want to compete with Christ in fulfilling the law. Am enjoying the product of the fulfilled law-GRACE. cheesy

2[s] tithe(they are not sure whether to follow Abraham or the law)[/s]?
3 Animal sacrifice?
4 cruxifying people?

Well this is for you

A frequently cited verse used to support the idea that the OT IS ABOLISHED.
WHY not quote the remaining verses to explain it context.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply)

5 Of The World’s Most Feared Secret Societies / Father Mbaka Speaks On Onitsha Fire: Don't Blame Hausas, Obiano Should Resign / Catholics And Protestants Fight Inside A Bus In Anambra State (videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.