Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,191 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828865 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Eni23: 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
damkollins:
For nowwww ,you are gonna need a lot of patience.
Accra visa office is clearing backlogs of application from FSW 2011/2012 while also initiating FSW 2013/2014 processing with the issuance of medical requests.
Depending on the mode they want to follow,FSW 2014/2015 which happens to be your stream will be next in line.
From experience ,you next step is to wait for medical request from Accra just that the timing is undefined for now.
Cheers

my visa office is in rome
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by papiloski(f): 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
solomonwis:

It is not about what you studied in school per se but about your WORK EXPERIENCE...If his work experience match this eligible occupation 1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations ,then he can go right ahead and apply.

Thank you so much.We'll do the needful and follow d thread from the start so we know what to do and when we get lost I know u'll be there to help.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
Pls I want to verify, if I start processing my MBBS degree evaluation now, considering the fact that it will take like 6 months, do u suggest I go ahead with it ? Can I be sure time is still only side ? Also,i didn't see anywhere on the MCC where fee for the MBBS evaluation is stated. Pls advice me. Is time still on my side?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by orebiyioladapo: 10:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
tayoamos: Pls I want to verify, if I start processing my MBBS degree evaluation now, considering the fact that it will take like 6 months, do u suggest I go ahead with it ? Can I be sure time is still only side ? Also,i didn't see anywhere on the MCC where fee for the MBBS evaluation is stated. Pls advice me. Is time still on my side?

You can possibly meet the deadline. Check www.physiciansapply.ca
You start by opening an account with physicians apply, paying the prescribed fee with a mastercard. You would have to download some forms with which you would send notarised copy of your international passport, degree certificate or transcript, then your passport photograph. You would initiate a source verification request from your account, pay their fees and send your documents. when they receive it they would asses it if acceptable they would send to ecfmg their contractor experienced in international credential verification services. ecfmg would then send it to the provost of your college of medicine who will confirm the authenticity of your certificate, note ecfmg has a data base and signatures of all provost of colleges of medicine in nigeria. Once your provost verifies it is sent back to ecfmg , they would then informm mcc that your cert. is genuine, you wolud the request for and eca report after paying the prescribed fees. For africa in theory tjis takes 109 days. The trick is this, once you initiate the process keep at tab on the secretary to the provost so you can be informed once ecfmg sends your certificate for verification. Once it is sent pay the neccessary fees and drop enough money for it to be sent back by courier, ecfmg would send a postage paid envelope it might take forever to get back to ecfmg. I think not sure anyway you can pay for couriet to pick up your documents from ecfmg to your provost, cant really remember now. If you start the process and go to sleep it might take 12 months, follow up closely is the key.
If you graduated from oouth I can give you a link.
When you get to the physiciansapply.ca page click on the login tab, then click on create account link then take itfrom thete.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 10:50pm On Sep 15, 2014
Damn, this is a long term procedure and do u think this going and sendings of documents are safe in nigeria system where it can just hang somewhere forever? i graduated from oau ile ife
it looks complicated anyway, but like how much will it all cost me for this?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by orebiyioladapo: 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
tayoamos: Damn, this is a long term procedure and do u think this going and sendings of documents are safe in nigeria system where it can just hang somewhere forever? i graduated from oau ile ife
it looks complicated anyway, but like how much will it all cost me for this?

Check the website with patience ,the fees are all there, cant really remember now. Would let you know latter.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
thanks alot and pls who can notorise for me ? a lawyer? pls is your e mail a yahoo or hotmail address?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by orebiyioladapo: 11:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
tayoamos: thanks alot and pls who can notorise for me ? a lawyer? pls is your e mail a yahoo or hotmail address?

A lawyer who is a notary public. Not all lawyers are notary public. Yahoomail
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 11:23pm On Sep 15, 2014
thank you so much. so, i will only send my notorised copies without the originals? will i send just the university certificate? what about my Medical and Dental Council License ? any need to request for my transcript? or is the university certificate alone is enough to be notorised?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Benedictegbon: 5:13am On Sep 16, 2014
Hello house. Is it ok to submitt a 2 month statement of account?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by orebiyioladapo: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2014
tayoamos: thank you so much. so, i will only send my notorised copies without the originals? will i send just the university certificate? what about my Medical and Dental Council License ? any need to request for my transcript? or is the university certificate alone is enough to be notorised?

Notarised copy of your degee certificate only would do, if you have. If you dont then you can send your transcript
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:08am On Sep 16, 2014
Benedictegbon: Hello house. Is it ok to submitt a 2 month statement of account?
Yes...you are good.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livelyvivien: 8:15am On Sep 16, 2014
Hello all, please are you supposed to leave the proof of fund in your account for the whole period it will take to process your application, is it better to use a credit card or a draft?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 9:11am On Sep 16, 2014
orebiyioladapo:

You can possibly meet the deadline. Check www.physiciansapply.ca
You start by opening an account with physicians apply, paying the prescribed fee with a mastercard. You would have to download some forms with which you would send notarised copy of your international passport, degree certificate or transcript, then your passport photograph. You would initiate a source verification request from your account, pay their fees and send your documents. when they receive it they would asses it if acceptable they would send to ecfmg their contractor experienced in international credential verification services. ecfmg would then send it to the provost of your college of medicine who will confirm the authenticity of your certificate, note ecfmg has a data base and signatures of all provost of colleges of medicine in nigeria. Once your provost verifies it is sent back to ecfmg , they would then informm mcc that your cert. is genuine, you wolud the request for and eca report after paying the prescribed fees. For africa in theory tjis takes 109 days. The trick is this, once you initiate the process keep at tab on the secretary to the provost so you can be informed once ecfmg sends your certificate for verification. Once it is sent pay the neccessary fees and drop enough money for it to be sent back by courier, ecfmg would send a postage paid envelope it might take forever to get back to ecfmg. I think not sure anyway you can pay for couriet to pick up your documents from ecfmg to your provost, cant really remember now. If you start the process and go to sleep it might take 12 months, follow up closely is the key.
If you graduated from oouth I can give you a link.
When you get to the physiciansapply.ca page click on the login tab, then click on create account link then take itfrom thete.
God bless you! You just said it all. @tayoamos do the needful and keep tab on your application. No harm in trying.
@Oladapo are you done with your SVR?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 9:28am On Sep 16, 2014
tayoamos: thanks alot and pls who can notorise for me ? a lawyer? pls is your e mail a yahoo or hotmail address?
A lawyer can do that not necessarily a notary public.
When you open an account on the physiciansapply.ca website and request for a SVR, some downloadable pdf files will open. These are what you download, fill and duly signed by a lawyer or notary public. Thereafter, you send them with copies of your passport data page and certificate to MCC office in Ottawa, Canada.
To register in the Physiciansapply.ca website is about $240 and to verify your document, each document to be verified cost $145. To request for an ECA, it will cost you $98. Do the maths. This is aside courier services and other miscellaneous expenses.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by orebiyioladapo: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2014
Ekpekus1:
A lawyer can do that not necessarily a notary public.
When you open an account on the physiciansapply.ca website and request for a SVR, some downloadable pdf files will open. These are what you download, fill and duly signed by a lawyer or notary public. Thereafter, you send them with copies of your passport data page and certificate to MCC office in Ottawa, Canada.
To register in the Physiciansapply.ca website is about $240 and to verify your document, each document to be verified cost $145. To request for an ECA, it will cost you $98. Do the maths. This is aside courier services and other miscellaneous expenses.

Am done with the svr and my eca issued about a month ago. Started the process mid may.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livelyvivien: 10:54am On Sep 16, 2014
Hello all, please are you supposed to leave the proof of fund
in your account for the whole period it will take to process
your application, is it better to use a credit card or a draft?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dustydee: 10:57am On Sep 16, 2014
Hi all,
please can a Telecoms Engineer apply under NOC 2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineers)?.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 16, 2014
livelyvivien: Hello all, please are you supposed to leave the proof of fund
in your account for the whole period it will take to process
your application, is it better to use a credit card or a draft?
U can leave it if u don't have the need to use it. If u must use it...use it to do whatever u wanna do but be ready to fund it back when the updates are called for. Money normally should be going in and out. However, if u don't want that. Fix the amount for say 12 months.

U raise a Canadian draft at GTB...or use ur MasterCard or visa debit card on the credit card payment option. The former is the best...the latter works too.

Read the thread!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 11:21am On Sep 16, 2014
orebiyioladapo:

Am done with the svr and my eca issued about a month ago. Started the process mid may.
Woah! That's good! Have u submitted yet?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 16, 2014
dustydee: Hi all,
please can a Telecoms Engineer apply under NOC 2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineers)?.
It's your duties that matter. Read the thread.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dustydee: 11:25am On Sep 16, 2014
ferdimako:
It's your duties that matter. Read the thread.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livelyvivien: 11:41am On Sep 16, 2014
Thank you. I have completed all the forms and collated all the supporting documents. I only need my proof of fund in my account to submit. I have put up a property for sale to raise the fund but no buyer yet, so I will have to wait. Checked my NOC yesterday, 40 applications have been processed. If I get lump sum transfer into my account will that raise any dust?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 16, 2014
livelyvivien: Thank you. I have completed all the forms and collated all the supporting documents. I only need my proof of fund in my account to submit. I have put up a property for sale to raise the fund but no buyer yet, so I will have to wait. Checked my NOC yesterday, 40 applications have been processed. If I get lump sum transfer into my account will that raise any dust?
No dust. It is ur cash, if and when they need an explanation... u dish it out to them.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
my ielts just came in after 1 full month
@damkollins
pls convert for me

Listening- 7.5
Reading- 6.0
Writing- 6.5
Speaking- 8.5
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livelyvivien: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
Do I have the same success rate irrespective of the province selected?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
benik: my ielts just came in after 1 full month
@damkollins
pls convert for me

Listening- 7.5
Reading- 6.0
Writing- 6.5
Speaking- 8.5
Please refer to this link below for the computation...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
Listening- 5 points
Reading- 4 points
Writing- 5 points
Speaking- 6 points
Total : 20 Points.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
livelyvivien: Do I have the same success rate irrespective of the province selected?
Yes...except Quebec province.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by amazingfortune: 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
I have a few questions. Pls. let me know if I can submit an unofficial copy (received electronically) to CIC and send them an orginal copy later when I receive it? I applied for ECA today but am not sure to get it before 31st December. Secondly. I am finding it difficult to get a experience certificate from my previous employer. I am not claiming any points from this occupation as full points have been gained under my current employment of 7 years. Do I still need to submit experience certificate from previous employer. Will be grateful for your help.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by amazingfortune: 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
Please also tell me if I can add a dependant after PER is received
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2014
amazingfortune: I have a few questions. Pls. let me know if I can submit an unofficial copy (received electronically) to CIC and send them an orginal copy later when I receive it? I applied for ECA today but am not sure to get it before 31st December. Secondly. I am finding it difficult to get a experience certificate from my previous employer. I am not claiming any points from this occupation as full points have been gained under my current employment of 7 years. Do I still need to submit experience certificate from previous employer. Will be grateful for your help.
Only an original copy of ECA will be processed by CIC .....anything other than the original copy will make your application package to be returned back to you unprocessedaand untouched .
Even if you get your ECA after 31st December and your NOC is still empty,you can still submit...you have time till April 30th,2015.
Regarding your experience letter for a job duty you are not claiming points from,it's absolutely needless and a waste of your time and resources to be looking for experience letter for it.It will not have any positive influence on your application package.
Leave it out......but fill the details of the job in your personal information on your background information form.
Adding a dependant is relative ....new born baby yes.......newly married spouse yes.......adopted baby...yes.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by amazingfortune: 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
damkollins:
Only an original copy of ECA will be processed by CIC .....anything other than the original copy will make your application package to be returned back to you unprocessedaand untouched .
Even if you get your ECA after 31st December and your NOC is still empty,you can still submit...you have time till April 30th,2015.
Regarding your experience letter for a job duty you are not claiming points from,it's absolutely needless and a waste of your time and resources to be looking for experience letter for it.It will not have any positive influence on your application package.
Leave it out......but fill the details of the job in your personal information on your background information form.
Adding a dependant is relative ....new born baby yes.......newly married spouse yes.......adopted baby...yes.
Cheers.

Your reply has been so comprehensive. Thank you very much. I still have a question. I was told that work experiences are required for all jobs in the last 10 years. That confused me a little. Secondly, express entry is being introduced in January 2015. Can I still apply till 2015 April under the current system as you said. Can you please copy the link where you got this information from. And thanks again for being so helpful

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.