Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,009 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828445 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 7:30am On Nov 29, 2014
Tyrexx:
Congrats Slya. Please what does the abbreviation PER, CC, MR, PPR and CoPR stands for? Moreover, what was experience during the process. Kindly share these information with the house because some of us are waiting to get there. Thanks.
PER- positive Eligibility Review, received after U've been charged by CIC.
CC credit card.
MR- Medical Request, sent by your Visa Office after PER.
PPR- Passport Request, after a successful Medicals.
COPR-Confirmation of permanent residence.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cerezo: 8:07am On Nov 29, 2014
jennykadry:

I sent some things home and there are still sitting at the airport

I got my mail yesterday. Maybe you should follow up with your courier asap. This delay also affected people sending stuff out from Nigeria by one week.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 8:51am On Nov 29, 2014
Tyrexx:
Congrats Slya. Please what does the abbreviation PER, CC, MR, PPR and CoPR stands for? Moreover, what was experience during the process. Kindly share these information with the house because some of us are waiting to get there. Thanks.

PER - Positive Eligibility Review
MR - Medical Request
PPR - Passport Request

not sure of CoPR though.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2014
Thank you

azeezbaba:

She has to retake the entire exam because at least 6.0 is required in all the four components. Sorry about that
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by justicia: 9:57am On Nov 29, 2014
Hello guys. Am new here. I think this is a great initiative, just like the travelling to Canada Thread. My first question is whether a lawyer qualifies under any of the eligible professions. The second one is whether I can apply in Canada instead of from Naija here. The second question stems from the fact that I already have admission for Masters of Law from a University in Canada and I'll soon be applying for Study Visa and I hope to get it. So am planing to apply for the FSWP in Canada.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Shehas(m): 11:39am On Nov 29, 2014
Pls; i nid clarification on security vetting. Can police clearance frm divisional police office serve dis purpose? or it's must to get it frm Alagbon Lagos. Thanks in anticipation of positive response
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by conyema12(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hi guys pls I need an advice.

I submitted my documents to CES for evaluation. However my MSc degree certificate is not ready as it takes Uniport 3years to produce it. But I submitted the success Letter and statement of result as well. My Msc transcript has also been sent to them by the school.

Now they are requesting that I scan and sent a copy of my Certificate. How do I convince them that the success letter stands in place of the certificate for now.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by presidentpikin: 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
Please house I want to write IELTS exam in DEC ...I need study material and this my email...ajiboyeonline@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bonaben2014: 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
presidentpikin:
Please house I want to write IELTS exam in DEC ...I need study material and this my email...ajiboyeonline@yahoo.com
[/b]
[b]

Open a dropbox acct. D ielts file's large for ur basic yahoo add
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by presidentpikin: 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
bonaben2014:
[/b]
[b]

Open a dropbox acct. D ielts file's large for ur basic yahoo add
Thank You so much but how can I open drop box account.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
justicia:
Hello guys. Am new here. I think this is a great initiative, just like the travelling to Canada Thread. My first question is whether a lawyer qualifies under any of the eligible professions. The second one is whether I can apply in Canada instead of from Naija here. The second question stems from the fact that I already have admission for Masters of Law from a University in Canada and I'll soon be applying for Study Visa and I hope to get it. So am planing to apply for the FSWP in Canada.

Lawyer can qualify based on the role and responsibility presently. You can apply from Canada. But do not forget that you will be needing a lot of document from Nigeria..... Good luck
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
Shehas:
Pls; i nid clarification on security vetting. Can police clearance frm divisional police office serve dis purpose? or it's must to get it frm Alagbon Lagos. Thanks in anticipation of positive response

Divisional Police clearance is not acceptable. You need to get it from Alagbon.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Kevinoh: 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2014
Guys pls am still waiting, or is my question completely out of order?

What are the required document I need to get from a sibling in canada to earn 5 points under adaptability?

Kevinoh:

Hello guys,

Pls help a brother out with the above info

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by laraode: 7:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
Good evening.
i was just told about this forum, i need to find out if i can use my pension fund contribution as a source of fund for settlement in Canada.
Also i want to find out if i can use my relative credit card in canada, is there any rule as to using another person's credit card?

please help with response as i want to submit my application next week
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
@solomonwis

I have a master degree in Biotechnology and I am 24 years old, can I migrate to Canada base on that? I have seen so many occupations on the first page and Biotechnology is not part of it, does that mean I aint eligible? If I am not eligibile, what other route can I use to apply?

I will be glad if you can enlighten me on this issue.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tyrexx: 8:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
@ Scrollmeout and Zeelo2014 thanks. @ Kevinoh you need the following documents:

Proof of status:

Copies of
1)Record of landing (IMM 1000) or
2)Confirmation of permanent residence or
3)Permanent resident card
4)Photo page of a Canadian passport or
5)Canadian citizenship card

Proof of residency:

Copies of
1)Lease agreements
2)the most recent Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency
3)an employer's letter confirming employment
4)monthly bills, e.t.c, (one page of each bill is sufficient)
5)credit card invoices and bank statements
Note the evidence should show the relative's name and full address in canada and must be less than 6 months old from the date of your application submission.

The above documents can be confirmed from the checklist.

@ Slya please share your experience with the house.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:29pm On Nov 29, 2014
Monika01:
@solomonwis

I have a master degree in Biotechnology and I am 24 years old, can I migrate to Canada base on that? I have seen so many occupations on the first page and Biotechnology is not part of it, does that mean I aint eligible? If I am not eligibile, what other route can I use to apply?

I will be glad if you can enlighten me on this issue.

What is your work experience like?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
laraode:
Good evening.
i was just told about this forum, i need to find out if i can use my pension fund contribution as a source of fund for settlement in Canada.
Also i want to find out if i can use my relative credit card in canada, is there any rule as to using another person's credit card?

please help with response as i want to submit my application next week

Yes,pension fund contribution statement can be used so long you can show the fund is readily accessible.

You can use your relative's credit card details as long as you have the authorization to do so.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
solomonwis:

What is your work experience like?

Unfortunately I do not have any work experience. I recently finished in june 2014. Besides, does my work experience have to be related to my degree?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2014
Zeleez:
Good day friend, how long does it take them to start processing application after one have sent his documents to them. Does it take the more than one month to deduct the fee from my credit card.

That is dependent on a number of factors,the most important of which is the number of applications received prior to and along with yours. On the average,it will take close to 60 days before your receipt confirmation/deduction from your debit/credit card.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
Monika01:

Unfortunately I do not have any work experience. I recently finished in june 2014. Besides, does my work experience have to be related to my degree?

Unfortunately,you do not qualify for the FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM. You must have a minimum of 1 year work experience before you send in an application.

Work experience does not necessarily have to relate to your qualification with a few exceptions in some eligible occupations.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by conyema12(m): 10:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hi guys pls I need an advice.I submitted my documents to CES for evaluation. However my MSc degree certificate is not ready as it takes Uniport 3years to produce it. But I submitted the success Letter and statement of result as well. My Msc transcript has also been sent to them by the school.

Now they are requesting that I scan and sent a copy of my Certificate. How do I convince them that the success letter stands in place of the certificate for now?
.Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
conyema12:
Hi guys pls I need an advice.I submitted my documents to CES for evaluation. However my MSc degree certificate is not ready as it takes Uniport 3years to produce it. But I submitted the success Letter and statement of result as well. My Msc transcript has also been sent to them by the school.

Now they are requesting that I scan and sent a copy of my Certificate. How do I convince them that the success letter stands in place of the certificate for now?
.Thanks

The requirement is to send in a copy of your certificate with your school forwarding your transcripts. Some of those institutions(assessing bodies) will find it appalling that a school will not have your Msc certificate ready {but unfortunately,that is what it is with the Nigerian Educational Institutions}.

Your only alternative is to send in a mail stating the fact that your certificate is not ready and details of your academic records can be confirmed with your school,hoping that you will scale the hurdle with this. However,this will be hinged on your school's willingness to confirm same with CES.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by laraode: 10:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
@Solomowis
Thanks for the reply, how do I prove that the fund is easily available?
Also do I need a letter from my relative showing that I have the authority to use her credit card?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
laraode:
@Solomowis
Thanks for the reply, how do I prove that the fund is easily available?
Also do I need a letter from my relative showing that I have the authority to use her credit card?

That proof is your onus,I'm afraid.

The idea with pension contribution fund being used as proof of settlement fund is to present it at the initial stage of application submission. This scales through without problem at the central intake office. Sometimes (as it's been proven by a thread member),the immigration office responsible for the finalization of your visa application will not require further proof that this fund is readily available and accessible and at other times,they may require a statement of BANK account showing this fund is available for your use and it is unencumbered in any way.

You should make effort to open communication with your PFA to transfer this fund to your account at your request should you meet the requirements to do so or provide an alternative to the pension fund in the event that the immigration office is not convinced of the availability of this fund.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tyrexx: 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2014
@ Zeleez, mine took about 4 months before my account was debited. My method of payment was debit card. If you look at the payment form, it was stated that your credit card must be valid for at least 9 months after submission of application. I have no idea of how it takes for other methods of payment.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by justicia: 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
ANBAKO:

Lawyer can qualify based on the role and responsibility presently. You can apply from Canada. But do not forget that you will be needing a lot of document from Nigeria..... Good luck
Thank you very much ANBAKO, I appreciate it. I may have to get the documents before I leave Nigeria. By the way what are the docs needed for the FSWP application. Kindly list them for me. Solomowis and all them Oga here, pls enlighten me. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by laraode: 11:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
thanks for the quick response, I have other funds in my account, will a printed statement of account be enough evidence of proof of settlement fund?
Also should I tell my relative to give me a letter stating I can use her debit card?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
solomonwis:

Unfortunately,you do not qualify for the FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM. You must have a minimum of 1 year work experience before you send in an application.

Work experience does not necessarily have to relate to your qualification with a few exceptions in some eligible occupations.

So I will be eligible as soon as I have at least one year work experience on the basis of my master degree?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by conyema12(m): 11:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
solomonwis:

The requirement is to send in a copy of your certificate with your school forwarding your transcripts. Some of those institutions(assessing bodies) will find it appalling that a school will not have your Msc certificate ready {but unfortunately,that is what it is with the Nigerian Educational Institutions}.

Your only alternative is to send in a mail stating the fact that your certificate is not ready and details of your academic records can be confirmed with your school,hoping that you will scale the hurdle with this. However,this will be hinged on your school's willingness to confirm same with CES.

Thank you Solomonwis
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
justicia:
Thank you very much ANBAKO, I appreciate it. I may have to get the documents before I leave Nigeria. By the way what are the docs needed for the FSWP application. Kindly list them for me. Solomowis and all them Oga here, pls enlighten me. Thanks!

You can read up for more here https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines/1

and complement that with reading up here www.cic.gc.ca

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.