Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829515 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
crazyinlove:
Lots of December 4th has been charged and nothing yet for my side embarassed
Never write yourself off.....
you are still in the race...
Be calm and expect your good news soonest.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by crazyinlove: 1:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
damkollins:

Cheers.
Thanks.... #BeingHopeful
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 2:05pm On Jan 27, 2015
damkollins:

Cheers.

Dont worry sir, God has not forgotten you, just keep your faith alive.

What was your payment mode?

If its DD, you ll be charged later. Just relax.
It is well.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by crazyinlove: 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
yomifowe:

Dont worry sir, God has not forgotten you, just keep your faith alive.

What was your payment mode?

If its DD, you ll be charged later. Just relax.
It is well.
Thanks..Am relaxed! Its CC
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Allcorrect(m): 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
solomonwis:

First,what is your overall Score on EE?

The way the additional 600 points from provincial nomination work is,some provinces will select applicants directly from the pool and request the selected applicants to send in application by way of acceptance of the selection to the province. Some other provinces will request that applicants apply directly to them before they can be selected and a condition precedent to this is for such applicants to have an offer of employment from the province.

As it is now,it appears what is clear (for now) is that applicants who choose a particular province will be selected from the pool if and when they meet certain criteria (on the basis of age,language ability,length of foreign/Canadian work experience,overall score on EE,etc)to be established by the province of choice.

It has been hinted that the first few draws will not take cognizance of the additional 600 points. Hence,you need not worry much about the 600 additional points at this stage - Between January 2015 and half way through to February 2015.

If however you are looking beyond the first few draws you have to present your EOI on EE as attractive as possible and another key is to select "All Provinces and Territories" when you are looking at improving your chance of being selected by ALL the provinces and territories as your details will be made available to all the PT (Provinces and Territories) for possibility of selection for additional 600 points. For a fact,before the PT decide to select you from the pool for the award of an additional 600 points,they would want a commitment from you that you will not "abscond" from the PT when you eventually secure a Permanent Residence in Canada.

From the foregoing,it is apparent that :

1. You have to be convinced of your province of destination.

2. You are morally obliged to reside in the PT after selection and eventual issuance of PR.

3. The first few draws will not take cognizance of the additional 600 points.

4. You can make your profile on EE available to ALL PT for possibility of selection and possibility of securing an additional 600 points.

5. You can make your profile available to few PT (by selecting your desired province on EE).

The existing provincial nominee program (PNP) for applicants without (and with) jobs in Canada ( which is called base nominations) is different from the PNP for Express Entry purpose (referred to as enhanced nominations).

What appears to be on-going now for most provinces and territories (PT) is the base nomination,with some provinces such as Saskatchewan reaching the quota for "Without Job offer" are of the base nomination for the year 2015.

Thanks a lot for this info. I jus registered into the Express Entry with a score of 329. Now the challenge is to commence a PNP with any of the available options and as you have suggested, register with the Job bank. Kindly advise on how I can go about this one.

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 10percent: 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
Good job, Damkollins etal.
My question is how long does it take to get MR in recent times.
Timeline:
July 26 Received
September 24 CC debited
October 22 PER received
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
damkollins:

Cheers.

Pally, which is your intended province?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus(m): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
damkollins:

Cheers.
I sent you a mail. Still awaiting response. Tnx in advance
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yeyeobab: 3:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
solomonwis:

First,what is your overall Score on EE?

The way the additional 600 points from provincial nomination work is,some provinces will select applicants directly from the pool and request the selected applicants to send in application by way of acceptance of the selection to the province. Some other provinces will request that applicants apply directly to them before they can be selected and a condition precedent to this is for such applicants to have an offer of employment from the province.

As it is now,it appears what is clear (for now) is that applicants who choose a particular province will be selected from the pool if and when they meet certain criteria (on the basis of age,language ability,length of foreign/Canadian work experience,overall score on EE,etc)to be established by the province of choice.

It has been hinted that the first few draws will not take cognizance of the additional 600 points. Hence,you need not worry much about the 600 additional points at this stage - Between January 2015 and half way through to February 2015.

If however you are looking beyond the first few draws you have to present your EOI on EE as attractive as possible and another key is to select "All Provinces and Territories" when you are looking at improving your chance of being selected by ALL the provinces and territories as your details will be made available to all the PT (Provinces and Territories) for possibility of selection for additional 600 points. For a fact,before the PT decide to select you from the pool for the award of an additional 600 points,they would want a commitment from you that you will not "abscond" from the PT when you eventually secure a Permanent Residence in Canada.

From the foregoing,it is apparent that :

1. You have to be convinced of your province of destination.

2. You are morally obliged to reside in the PT after selection and eventual issuance of PR.

3. The first few draws will not take cognizance of the additional 600 points.

4. You can make your profile on EE available to ALL PT for possibility of selection and possibility of securing an additional 600 points.

5. You can make your profile available to few PT (by selecting your desired province on EE).

The existing provincial nominee program (PNP) for applicants without (and with) jobs in Canada ( which is called base nominations) is different from the PNP for Express Entry purpose (referred to as enhanced nominations).

What appears to be on-going now for most provinces and territories (PT) is the base nomination,with some provinces such as Saskatchewan reaching the quota for "Without Job offer" are of the base nomination for the year 2015.

Oga Solomonwise, I must commend you for the good job you are doing to assist people here. I just submitted my EOI on the Express Entry and my score is 365. I don't have nominations from any province. Do you advise that I go ahead and send in my application for the Nova Scotia Nominee programme? Please note also that I selected all the provinces in the EOI as province of interest.
Your candid advise will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by folaonhigh(m): 5:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
folaonhigh:
hello house i attented a part time but the certificate is not out. If u want to submit your certificate to wes, is it compulsory to send the photocopy of the certificate to wes? Do they receive notification of result? If wes ask for mode of entry, what will i put since i enter through entrance exam?
Help for this question.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2015
Thanks a lot for your advice. My wife is into media marketing while I am into Sales and Marketing in Oil and Gas. Meanwhile, I am using my wife as a principal applicant because she is into paid job while I am doing my personal business. What further advice would you give on the best place considering taxes, weather and cost of living?

Regards

zeelo2014:

It depends largely on ur profession, where u'll have more opportunities. Having a relation or friend that is willing to guide u for like a week is a big factor as well.
If u're into Financial sector - ontario
Oil and Gas- Alberta and Sask
Agriculture- Manitoba
Gold and Mineral mining -Yukon territory
shipping- Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, BC.
Also consider the weather too, BC has the fairest climate.
Consider Taxes and cost of living too.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mcphems: 6:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
gentleiphy:

Congrats my fellow NOC 1212....PER is next in line as you look forward to landing in Canada..by the way where are you headed to in Canada.[b][/b]

Thanks my brother, heading to Calgary
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 6:34pm On Jan 27, 2015
crazyinlove:

Thanks..Am relaxed! Its CC
DD normally takes about 2 wks to confirm. Unlike CC that is immediately
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 10:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
Phemmie72:
Thanks a lot for your advice. My wife is into media marketing while I am into Sales and Marketing in Oil and Gas. Meanwhile, I am using my wife as a principal applicant because she is into paid job while I am doing my personal business. What further advice would you give on the best place considering taxes, weather and cost of living?

Regards

Considering ur business and ur wife's job, Ontario won't be a bad idea to start from, though cost of living is relatively high. BC is great but very expensive. If u're considering low tax, Alberta will be great plus it has the lowest combined tax rate (federal + provincial tax).
I'll suggest u go to the jobbank.gc.ca then look out for most demanded jobs in each province, that will give u an idea.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Phemmie72: 12:10am On Jan 28, 2015
Thanks a lot, you are highly appreciated.

zeelo2014:

Considering ur business and ur wife's job, Ontario won't be a bad idea to start from, though cost of living is relatively high. BC is great but very expensive. If u're considering low tax, Alberta will be great plus it has the lowest combined tax rate (federal + provincial tax).
I'll suggest u go to the jobbank.gc.ca then look out for most demanded jobs in each province, that will give u an idea.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by folanic: 5:08am On Jan 28, 2015
HI House! Please I send my application to this address last week in December

: Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
P.O. BOX 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada.

Can anybody advise me ..I saw the address on the their website for the application.. But I saw different address on the people account on this forum....I am waiting for your comment...
Did u use a courier company to send? That address is used when u're sending thru the post office. Hopefully it will still get there, it's obvious u're sending it to CIO.

I used UPS courier to send it to the address ....Thank you very much guy ..Keep you posted .

Hi. Your question has already been answered earlier. However i would still do.
The address you sent your application to is the one for those sending their application through regular mail and not courier. However, it should have been delivered by now. It is herefore important to track the package with your tracking number or call their office to conform if it has been delivered.

I tracked it down and delivered to MK on the 2nd of January,2015... Please any hope since it was deliver after the 31st of Dec....Thank u..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 5:26am On Jan 28, 2015
folanic:
HI House! Please I send my application to this address last week in December

: Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
P.O. BOX 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada.

Can anybody advise me ..I saw the address on the their website for the application.. But I saw different address on the people account on this forum....I am waiting for your comment...
Did u use a courier company to send? That address is used when u're sending thru the post office. Hopefully it will still get there, it's obvious u're sending it to CIO.

I used UPS courier to send it to the address ....Thank you very much guy ..Keep you posted .

Hi. Your question has already been answered earlier. However i would still do.
The address you sent your application to is the one for those sending their application through regular mail and not courier. However, it should have been delivered by now. It is herefore important to track the package with your tracking number or call their office to conform if it has been delivered.

I tracked it down and delivered to MK on the 2nd of January,2015... Please any hope since it was deliver after the 31st of Dec....Thank u..
if it is delivered 2Jan, then you are not qualify for fsw2014. Start the EE process now since you have all the requirement
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 7:50am On Jan 28, 2015
Hi guys, what does Express Entry for Canadian PR mean?
Is the EE procedure more difficult compared to FSW?
Can i say that of all of the applicants that arrived by 31 Dec 2014 mean that those are the last applicants to apply for FSW Canadian PR?
Which one would you rather choose: FSW 2014 or through EE?

I was in a hurry to get my application prepared and delivered prior to Jan 1st '15 because I thought the immigration procedure in Canada would get tougher, more difficult and more selective rather than easier and less selective.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LeonessAug: 10:18am On Jan 28, 2015
Hi All,
Great forum and members I must commend.

Can u please send me online practice questions for ielts to bpfoundation.org@gmail.com.

My questions are;
Between myself (4yrs) exp with Naija masters degree and hubby (8yrs+) exp now doing biz with Uk masters degree, who should be the principal applicant?

2. Is it only the highest qualification dat should be evaluated? And should it be both of ours?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sftt: 10:22am On Jan 28, 2015
damkollins:

Yes...you are good to go.
Cheers

Thanks Damkolins... so what is the next step

We have our WES and the IELTS results
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by talk2priscal: 10:44am On Jan 28, 2015
damkollins:

Yes...you are good to go.
Cheers

good morning @Damkollins pls kindly help me on this. WES requested where they should send my result of ECA to.. which address is applicable. thanks alot
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:20am On Jan 28, 2015
10percent:
Good job, Damkollins etal.
My question is how long does it take to get MR in recent times.
Timeline:
July 26 Received
September 24 CC debited
October 22 PER received
I will prefer you not to assume too much as we still have a lots of May and June applicants waiting for Medicals.
I'm positive that once Accra pick up speed,you should be hearing from them around march or april.
Just relax and calm down,all is well.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:27am On Jan 28, 2015
sftt:

Thanks Damkolins... so what is the next step

We have our WES and the IELTS results
Read through this link below....
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/index.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp
Check your eligibility with link below.....the rest is easy and auto-directed...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:29am On Jan 28, 2015
talk2priscal:

good morning @Damkollins pls kindly help me on this. WES requested where they should send my result of ECA to.. which address is applicable. thanks alot
Your home/office address where you can receive the package when delivered to you by courier.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:39am On Jan 28, 2015
LeonessAug:
Hi All,
Great forum and members I must commend.
Can u please send me online practice questions for ielts to bpfoundation.org@gmail.com.
My questions are;
Between myself (4yrs) exp with Naija masters degree and hubby (8yrs+) exp now doing biz with Uk masters degree, who should be the principal applicant?
2. Is it only the highest qualification dat should be evaluated? And should it be both of ours?
Thanks
1.The decision is entirel left to you both....both of you seems eligible to a certain extent.
Both of you can use the link below to individually check your eligibility.... and conclude on who to be principal applicant.
2.Its preferable you do the highest of your academic degrees especially if you envisaged delay in evaluating both.Please note that the cost of evaluation is same regardless of the number of degrees an individual is evaluating.From my experience,Hubby's evaluation os UK's masters will be fast.Both of you should evaluate your Msc degrees.
Evaluating both increases your points and chances just as IELTS test for both of you will do.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LeonessAug: 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
damkollins:

1.The decision is entirel left to you both....both of you seems eligible to a certain extent.
Both of you can use the link below to individually check your eligibility.... and conclude on who to be principal applicant.
2.Its preferable you do the highest of your academic degrees especially if you envisaged delay in evaluating both.Please note that the cost of evaluation is same regardless of the number of degrees an individual is evaluating.From my experience,Hubby's evaluation os UK's masters will be fast.Both of you should evaluate your Msc degrees.
Evaluating both increases your points and chances just as IELTS test for both of you will do.
Cheers.

Thanks for the speedy response and the test materials.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Anticabal: 1:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
Please guys, I am new here, Can someoneplease outline(in few lines) the proceedures of how one can process the FSWP and how much will it cost?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Anticabal: 1:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
Please guys, I am new here, Can someoneplease outline(in few lines) the proceedures of how one can process the FSWP and how much will it cost?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Anticabal: 1:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
ok
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
Anticabal:
@Solomonwis i have IELTS(Academic) 7.5, Can i apply with it?
General version of IELTS is required for this immigration purpose.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Marvinsam: 3:46pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hello

Am currently applying to WES for academic evaluation. My question is that do I need to send both my master degree as well as my B.sc for evaluation?

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.