Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,810 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829395 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:49am On Feb 01, 2015
EXPRESS ENTRY UPDATE!!!

The first draw has just taken place and against prediction, the required score point under CRS is 886!

A total of 779 applicants have been sent ITA.

The import of this is,applicants without Enhanced nomination (Provincial Nomination) and Job offers are not part of the first draw.

It is getting tighter with immigration in Canada but more nomination is expected in another 2 to 3 weeks,hoping that this will include applicants without provincial nomination and/or Job offer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

It's not over until it's over!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by takin35(m): 10:02am On Feb 01, 2015
Pls house,I have written the IELTS test and this are my scores>R:5.5,S:6.5,W:6. And L:4.5.
Pls I wish to know if I am qualified for canada expess entry.thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 10:08am On Feb 01, 2015
Thanks solomonwis, I feel encouraged. Hopefully they will be done with PNP and people with job offer sooner than we think. If you remove 600 from the draw score I think there's hope smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 10:11am On Feb 01, 2015
takin35:
Pls house,I have written the IELTS test and this are my scores>R:5.5,S:6.5,W:6. And L:4.5.

You need at least 6 pts on each test. So you need to repeat the test.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:58am On Feb 01, 2015
takin35:

Your qualification is not going to be on the basis of your IELTS result alone. How about your ECA result? What about your job experience,your age,whether married or single,etc.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by takin35(m): 11:16am On Feb 01, 2015
I have a technical school diploma in mechanical craft practice @Don bosco technical institute,I have more than 3 years experience as a packaging machine technician,I have passeD safety and hccp training in Nigerian Breweries plc,I am married with a boy.thanks
solomonwis:

Your qualification is not going to be on the I basis of your IELTS result alone. How about your ECA result? What about your job experience,your age,whether married or single,etc.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yeyeobab: 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
solomonwis:
EXPRESS ENTRY UPDATE!!!

The first draw has just taken place and against prediction, the required score point under CRS is 886!

A total of 779 applicants have been sent ITA.

The import of this is,applicants without Enhanced nomination (Provincial Nomination) and Job offers are not part of the first draw.

It is getting tighter with immigration in Canada but more nomination is expected in another 2 to 3 weeks,hoping that this will include applicants without provincial nomination and/or Job offer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

It's not over until it's over!

Oga Solomonwis, Thanks so much for the update. What is the probability of the fact that next draws will include applicants without provincial nominations/ job offer? Is there any issue or problem with applying for provincial nomination when one is already in the pool? I asked this question earlier, but I did not get any response. Please can one apply for NSPNP while in the pool? I have been accepted into the pool with a score of 365, but I am trying to see if I can apply for the NSPNP as well. Your response to this will be valued and appreciated.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2015
Helo All, I ll be writing my ielts by march endin I am intrested in the E.E but my major challenge is the Wes evaluation. I ve my degrees with me both Bsc and Mba and I also have my original transcripts. Will I be the one to send these credentials to Wes directly? Will dey respond? Or it is the institutions that will send them. Also, if am to send the credentials what canadian address will I give to Wes to send assessed credentials to.

Thanks All.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
damkollins:

For now,those are the two main criteria upon which the rest requirements rest.
You are good to go once you the two at hand.
Cheers.
Thanks Damkollins
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:53pm On Feb 01, 2015
yeyeobab:

Oga Solomonwis, Thanks so much for the update. What is the probability of the fact that next draws will include applicants without provincial nominations/ job offer? Is there any issue or problem with applying for provincial nomination when one is already in the pool? I asked this question earlier, but I did not get any response. Please can one apply for NSPNP while in the pool? I have been accepted into the pool with a score of 365, but I am trying to see if I can apply for the NSPNP as well. Your response to this will be valued and appreciated.

Apologies for the omission.

You can apply for provincial nomination before and after you are in the pool. You will have to weigh your chances regarding the province with respect to the requirements for nomination.

It is getting more competitive now so you have to do all you can to surpass the province requirement for enhanced nomination.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
EJINNE:
Helo All, I ll be writing my ielts by march endin I am intrested in the E.E but my major challenge is the Wes evaluation. I ve my degrees with me both Bsc and Mba and I also have my original transcripts. Will I be the one to send these credentials to Wes directly? Will dey respond? Or it is the institutions that will send them. Also, if am to send the credentials what canadian address will I give to Wes to send assessed credentials to.

Thanks All.

You will be required to forward your degree certificate(s) to WES while your educational institution will forward your academic transcripts to WES directly. Please visit www.wes.org/ca for more information.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
takin35:
I have a technical school diploma in mechanical craft practice @Don bosco technical institute,I have more than 3 years experience as a packaging machine technician,I have passeD safety and hccp training in Nigerian Breweries plc,I am married with a boy.thanks

You will do well by forwarding your educational qualification for evaluation. Please contact www.wes.org/ca for information on educational qualification evaluation.

I would also advise that you approach Canadian provinces for the possibility of securing a a certificate of qualification in your skilled trade as it will enhance your nomination on Express Entry.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
Tnx Solo for ur swift response. But wat am sayin is dat my schl issues transcript in person handy and I have applied and have it with me to avoid delay. Is there no way I could mail this transcript and degree electronically to Wes? Tnx.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2015
EJINNE:
Tnx Solo for ur swift response. But wat am sayin is dat my schl issues transcript in person handy and I have applied and have it with me to avoid delay. Is there no way I could mail this transcript and degree electronically to Wes? Tnx.

I understand you well but the rule is,your school MUST send the transcripts directly not you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:54am On Feb 02, 2015
Thank God I finally saw something on Express Entry here.

I applied initially but I was told I'm ineligible. My English test result is ok but I indicated that I don't have ECA, I guess that must be the reason why I was adjudged ineligible.
I'm kinda thinking on doing the ECA cuz SINP says that we should have EE number and job seeker validation code. I have the first but not the second. Can anyone tell me how I can reapply?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 2:45am On Feb 02, 2015
JesusDWay:
Thank God I finally saw something on Express Entry here.

I applied initially but I was told I'm ineligible. My English test result is ok but I indicated that I don't have ECA, I guess that must be the reason why I was adjudged ineligible.
I'm kinda thinking on doing the ECA cuz SINP says that we should have EE number and job seeker validation code. I have the first but not the second. Can anyone tell me how I can reapply?

You need the ECA result to reapply. Have you registered on www.jobbank.gc.ca ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by HenryIX: 5:48am On Feb 02, 2015
EJINNE:

You can send your transcript and ur degree certificate to WES differently by courier, since you are time conscious.. But u must use your school official envelope to send your transcript so that it would look like your school sent it. The envelope much be stamped too.
Remember, send them differently.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by oknee: 6:08am On Feb 02, 2015
HenryIX:

You can send your transcript and ur degree certificate to WES differently by courier, since you are time conscious.. But u must use your school official envelope to send your transcript so that it would look like your school sent it. The envelope much be stamped too.
Remember, send them differently.

Collected my transcript from my school which was addressed to WES and photocopied my certificate, put them in same envelop and sent to them. It was accepted.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 7:41am On Feb 02, 2015
babestell:
@ damkollins and solomonwise here is my ielts result . Can I go ahead and apply on express entry or do I need my wes verification first.

Listening: 8.5
Reading:8.5
Writing:7.0
Speaking:7.0
Congrat pls can u refer some of the study material u use,you will need your WES evaluation,Register with wes.ca and make sure all your document,transcript are ready ciao
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sleekjaguar: 8:31am On Feb 02, 2015
Ejinne, Pls be very careful when dealing with WES otherwise they could mess things up for you and make you spend money unecessarily. As advised by others, ensure the one from you school is sent to WES by them. In my case, someone in the school couriered it for me. However, the envelope and/ or officer sending it has to indicated my school's info. I'd advise they send it from the same postage zone (i.e. if school is located in PH, then send from PH. Not Minna. It'll look suspicious). Sending both qual. to WES could cause delays especially if they're from different NAija insts. Though your MBA gives you more ponits, I'll advise you use the one the inst. will respond quickly to WES' verification request. Use the MBA if they're from the same institution. If both are from foreign inst. then you don't need to worry as WES doesn't send to them to reverify again. But if Naija, that will definitely happen. These are suggestions based on my own personal experiences with WES. Weigh your options carefully.
EJINNE:

Thanks All.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 8:51am On Feb 02, 2015
please have all the provincial applications out or filled already? are there others that come out mid year or so? just awaiting my ECA from ICAS is taking forever to come out before i can apply. i already have about 395 points as score. hoping to boost tjat with the provincial nomination option.
working on my POF now due to difference in exchange rate. hope that will now affect my application cos of the "having the required fund in your account for 3 months clause" i have been hearing.
please am i safe to apply within a month of making up the balance now?
hoping that the naira will wake up soonest.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 02, 2015
@SOLO / HENRY / ALL, Than you guys a lot for the advise would do just that. Lastly, is it compulsory i request or thick the courier option? cant the electronic copy that will be sent to me be used by cic for processing? Nice day all ya.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 9:16am On Feb 02, 2015
solomonwis:

Apologies for the omission.

You can apply for provincial nomination before and after you are in the pool. You will have to weigh your chances regarding the province with respect to the requirements for nomination.

It is getting more competitive now so you have to do all you can to surpass the province requirement for enhanced nomination.
Mr Solomonwis (aka SolomonTheWiseMan) can one apply to more than one province for nomination?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by toksys: 10:55am On Feb 02, 2015
PLEAEE HOUSE JUST HAVE SOME QESTION
*DO I HAVE TO MAKE PAYMENT WITH MY CREDIT CARD BEFORE GETTING A REFERENCE NO SINCE REFERENCE NO MOST APPEAR ON ALL DOCUMENT
* MY CERTFICATE DOES IT HAVE TO BE A PRINTED SCAN COPY OR A BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOCOPY

PLEASE I NEED URGENT RESPONSE
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 11:12am On Feb 02, 2015
toksys:
*DO I HAVE TO MAKE PAYMENT WITH MY CREDIT CARD BEFORE GETTING A REFERENCE NO SINCE REFERENCE NO MOST APPEAR ON ALL DOCUMENT
* MY CERTFICATE DOES IT HAVE TO BE A PRINTED SCAN COPY OR A BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOCOPY

what exactly are you referring to?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gr8tstar: 11:23am On Feb 02, 2015
Am 33 years of age, with 3+ working experience. Currently on my WES, and about applying for my ielts. What are my chances? And to be serious, am scared of ielts exam ooo, I mean having 8 points and above Thanks!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by toksys: 11:24am On Feb 02, 2015
benik:

WHAT AM SAYING IS THAT DO I HAVE TO MAKE PAYMENT TO GET A REFERENCE NO I MEAN FOR WES BEFORE SENDING MY CERTIFICATE
ALSO THE CERTIFICATE AM SENDING IS IT A PHOTOCOPY BLACK AND WHITE OR A SCANNED COPY
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by toksys: 11:39am On Feb 02, 2015
benik:

FOR WES REFERENCE NUMBER IS REQUIRED ON ALL CERTIFICATE AND DOCUMENT TO BE SENT PLEASE IS THE REFERENCE NUMBER MY USER ID THAT SHOULD BE ON ALL MY DOCUMENT OR ARE THEY REFERING TO ANOTHER REFERENCE NUMBER
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
toksys:

Yes. Make payment, gey the reference number and include it in the forms. Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 12:07pm On Feb 02, 2015
toksys:

As for your certificate, photocopy will do.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by henroh: 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
Good Morning Guys...please i need your urgent assistance. I applied for the FSW scheme and have gotten to the medicals stage...which i have also completed and sent and required. This was done in November 2014. I have been waiting for the mail to send my passport to Accra but to no avail. The last information i got was that the VISA issuing office is yet to resume for the year. Does anyone have such experience or have any piece of information that could help. I learnt it shouldn't take this long after medicals.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.