Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,350 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827702 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Taiw(m): 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
damkollins:
Hello..Not sure which of the IT related NOCs you will fit in to...your job descriptions will dictate it.
Your one year experience will only give you 9 points.
Your been in the age range range will offer you 12 points.
Your Bsc and PGD after evaluation will give you 21/22 points.
Your case shows that you need the maximum 24 points in IELTS.
If you are able to successfully evaluate your both degrees to give 22 points,your points will be 67 but if its only Bsc,you will have 66 points.
Meanwhile,if you are married,your spouse can write IELTS and give you 5 points.
Deadline for application is 30th April,2015
Cheers.
Thanks for the quick response. my chances are slim then because I'm still single. Does CIC verify work experience aside sending the introduction letter. I mean will they try and call/email the company?
Please can you send ielts materials to telltboyz@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princebimby: 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
pls help confirm if the job duties matches NOC 2171

Plan and coordinate computer information and computer operation functions.
•Provide technical assistance for hardware and software operations.
•Analyze, support and coordinate requests for computer system service.
•Assist District users in resolving system and program concerns and issues.
•Provide technical information and assistance for computer application operations.
•Install, maintain and provide user support for software applications.
•Install and maintain data communication hardware and software and support users.
•Tutor personnel in computer systems operations and usage.
•Interact with computer hardware and software suppliers to acquire product and pricing information for computers, applications and peripheral equipment.
•Obtain product assistance through contacting hardware and software manufacturers.
•Perform data entry and information processing operations.
•Utilize variety of microcomputers, electronic meters and hand tools.
•Convey requisition for required computer systems inventory.
•Maintain an adequate inventory of computer supplies and parts.
• Provides tier 1 and 2 technical support and service restoration for daily operations for both offshore and onshore users spanning across various department remotely or via phone.
• Providing statistical analysis for some of the challenging KPIs
•Extracting, managing and reporting call statistics for all customer facing teams down to the team member level
•Ensuring that systems, methodologies and procedures are followed to improve both the reporting and service delivery capabilities of the business.
•Demonstrate ownership of assigned tasks, manage and drive to resolution.
•Ability to use MS Access to quickly produce regular (daily/weekly) service reports for review Identification of key issues & trends.

Job duties 2

Deliver support to end users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives.
Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
Examine end-user system problems to identify origin of issue and find acceptable solution.
Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
Daily monitor reports and systems to confirm communication between systems is functioning properly.
Assist with projects related to supported software.
Test applications, programming and enhancements so they can be successfully deployed and functioning in the new versions of software.
Test fixes, modifications and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
Create adhoc reports or queries and migrate to permanent reports, as needed.
Install software products for end users as required.
· Troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, development, and other business units.
Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, and hot fixes, as instructed.
Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and company team members to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
Make recommendations for process improvement and implement changes.
Identify application alternatives, researching existing applications in the marketplace and recommending viable solutions.
Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
Instruct end users how to use various functions within the software, while coordinating and communicating with department heads to convey the application training needs.
Prepare and present oral and/or written technical reports and project presentations.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
Taiw:
Thanks for the quick response. my chances are slim then because I'm still single. Does CIC verify work experience aside sending the introduction letter. I mean will they try and call/email the company?
Please can you send ielts materials to telltboyz@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Verification of work experience may be done if there is doubt about truthfulness of experience.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lollypop2(f): 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
Please guys help me send the IETLS materials to my inbox. Kaffsmith85@hotmail.com. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 7:39am On Aug 29, 2014
Thank God my wife passed her IELTS exams.
Listening: 7.0
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 7.0

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 29, 2014
Meritl: Thank God my wife passed her IELTS exams.

cool...congratulations!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by judeje(f): 9:42am On Aug 29, 2014
@ Solomon wise

Please my husband and I applied for the fswp last year and out application is being processed and money has been taken from our account...but suddenly last week we recieved an email that we should elaborate our job duties and provide more evidence of our engineering experience...why is this coming after almost 6months of application? And is this an indication of imminent refusal?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:01am On Aug 29, 2014
judeje: @ Solomon wise

Please my husband and I applied for the fswp last year and out application is being processed and money has been taken from our account...but suddenly last week we recieved an email that we should elaborate our job duties and provide more evidence of our engineering experience...why is this coming after almost 6months of application? And is this an indication of imminent refusal?

What do you mean by "our" ? Is it that you guys applied separately.
Meanwhile, its possible they need further clarification of your job experience and duties if the former you provided was not specific enough.
Just try to go to their site to see the job requirements and align it with what you are sending to them again.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 29, 2014
Meritl:

Meanwhile, its possible they need further clarification of your job experience and duties if the former you provided was not specific enough.
Just try to go to their site to see the job requirements and align it with what you are sending to them again.
How are u marking the 5point celebrations? And d nuptials @ d court...we go chow chicken oh!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by judeje(f): 11:51am On Aug 29, 2014
Meritl:

We applied together, as one application....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Lenta(f): 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
[quote author=Meritl]Thank God my wife passed her IELTS exams.

Please did you check your result online? mine keeps bringing no result! I don't know if I am doing anything wrong.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Lenta(f): 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hello house. I have been trying to check my Ielts exam online since morning to no avail. I wrote the exam on the 16th of this month and we were told the results will be out today 29th. I don't know if I am doing anything wrong. Anyone experiencing this problem also? I will like you guys to advise me on what to do.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
Lenta: Hello house. I have been trying to check my Ielts exam online since morning to no avail. I wrote the exam on the 16th of this month and we were told the results will be out today 29th. I don't know if I am doing anything wrong. Anyone experiencing this problem also? I will like you guys to advise me on what to do.

i am also experiencing same problem, my friend that we wrote it together has seen hers but mine keeps bringing up no results
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
benik:

i am also experiencing same problem, my friend that we wrote it together has seen hers but mine keeps bringing up no results

Lenta: Hello house. I have been trying to check my Ielts exam online since morning to no avail. I wrote the exam on the 16th of this month and we were told the results will be out today 29th. I don't know if I am doing anything wrong. Anyone experiencing this problem also? I will like you guys to advise me on what to do.

Just relax....
Sometimes,they have technical issues in uploading results while sometimes,they randomly pick some candidates for their marking scheme.
They will soon upload it...continue checking.
If your result will be randomly picked,they will notify you.if not,you can call them.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
judeje:

We applied together, as one application....
OK ...do what they want. Clear d air...why do u think it cld be a bad sign? U guys are really what u claim right?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
damkollins:

Just relax....
Sometimes,they have technical issues in uploading results while sometimes,they randomly pick some candidates for their marking scheme.
If your result will be randomly picked,they will notify you.if not,you can call them.
Cheers.

Thank you @damkollins

pls how do you mean "they randomly pick some candidates for their marking scheme"
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
benik:

Thank you @damkollins

pls how do you mean "they randomly pick some candidates for their marking scheme"
They are sometimes randomly analysed for quality control measures.....They will just pick randomly.
Like I said,it may just be a technical fault....may delay for another one week...
Just relax and be calm.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 3:02pm On Aug 29, 2014

Do not fret, that was the same issue i had with mine. I was able to view the result on their site on the third day after the scheduled date. Just relax and keep checking .
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Lenta(f): 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
Just relax....
Cheers.

Thanks damkollins
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Lenta(f): 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
Do not fret, that was the same issue i had with mine. I was able to view the result on their site on the third day after the scheduled date. Just relax and keep checking .

Thanks yomifowe
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
ferdimako:
How are u marking the 5point celebrations? And d nuptials @ d court...we go chow chicken oh!

Yes na.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
With respect to Judeje's latest complain, I want to ask if it is required for me and my wife to produce job references even though I'm the main applicant.
As it seems "they both sent their job references".
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2014

Dont worry, jusk keep checking british council site and you ll see the result. I had the same issue cos my result was delayed few days after the scheduled date, but i eventually saw it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hello House,

kindly help to clarify this. I want to use someones credit card to pay for the application fee. In the fee form, can we say that Name of Principal Applicant different from Name of Payer? Should i put the name of the owner of the Credit Card in the space of 'Name of Player' of my name.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
[quote author=Lenta][/quote]

Yes I checked it online. As others have said, it will be rolled out as the day goes by.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dotsngr: 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
Please I need advice. I submitted my application about three weeks ago but just realised that I did not fill out section 7 and section 11 with not applicable. Please what do I do? Will they return my application and what can I do to remedy it?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by deoyel25(m): 7:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
Below is my IELTS result for August 16th, 2014 which was written in Sweden:

Listening: 6.5
Writing: 8
Speaking: 7.5

Overall Band = 7

Thus, I just raked a total of 21 points.

WES assessment is also completed. Thus, I have satisfied the minimum requirement of 67 points. However, I am not in a hurry to apply. I will wait for the Express Entry in 2015.

All the best y'all
Love from Sweden
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
deoyel25: Below is my IELTS result for August 16th, 2014 which was written in Sweden:

Listening: 6.5
Writing: 8
Speaking: 7.5

Overall Band = 7

Thus, I just raked a total of 21 points.

WES assessment is also completed. Thus, I have satisfied the minimum requirement of 67 points. However, I am not in a hurry to apply. I will wait for the Express Entry in 2015.

All the best y'all
Love from Sweden
Congrats on your result.
Be careful in waiting for express entry........
Express entry is a black box which nobody know how it will be so I'll advice you to apply for this current stream.
Applying for this does not stop you from applying from express entry when it comes out.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
damkollins:
Congrats on your result.
Be careful in waiting for express entry........
Express entry is a black box which nobody know how it will be so I'll advice you to apply for this current stream.
Applying for this does not stop you from applying from express entry when it comes out.
Cheers

I think you are damn right Damkollins.
This is a point I've considered and afterwards, decided to apply under the current format.
I read from the CIC's website and there's a tricky part that says "you'll be asked to submit your work experience and they'll do a job search that matches it".
This I find susupect......... Naija and their work experience......
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
EXPRESS ENTRY:

Potential candidates will complete an online Express Entry profile where they will provide information about their skills, work experience, language ability, education, and other details. Those who meet the criteria of one of the federal economic immigration programs subject to Express Entry will be placed in a pool of candidates.

Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool. Only the highest-ranked candidates (those deemed to have the best chances for economic success), and those with qualifying offers of arranged employment or provincial/territorial nominations, will be invited to apply for permanent residence.

If a candidate does not already have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer or a provincial/territorial nomination, he or she must register with the Government of Canada's Job Bank which will connect him or her with eligible Canadian employers.

Where applicable, employers will be required to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada. There will be no fee for Labour Market Impact Assessments for permanent residence applications under the Express Entry system. 

Completing an online Express Entry profile does not guarantee that a candidate will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence.

[color=#990000][]I find the first 3 paragraphs disturbing./color]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
Meritl: EXPRESS ENTRY:

Potential candidates will complete an online Express Entry profile where they will provide information about their skills, work experience, language ability, education, and other details. Those who meet the criteria of one of the federal economic immigration programs subject to Express Entry will be placed in a pool of candidates.

Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool. Only the highest-ranked candidates (those deemed to have the best chances for economic success), and those with qualifying offers of arranged employment or provincial/territorial nominations, will be invited to apply for permanent residence.

If a candidate does not already have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer or a provincial/territorial nomination, he or she must register with the Government of Canada's Job Bank which will connect him or her with eligible Canadian employers.

Where applicable, employers will be required to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada. There will be no fee for Labour Market Impact Assessments for permanent residence applications under the Express Entry system. 

Completing an online Express Entry profile does not guarantee that a candidate will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence.

[color=#990000][/color]I find the first 3 paragraphs disturbing.
grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
damkollins:
grin grin grin

Na true my guy o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.