Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827743 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hi guys.
Just want to ask how many payslips can be included in application. Plan sending by latest, next week Saturday.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bcolah(f): 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hi, I am new here. Just want know if anyone who wrote IELTS on AUG 16 has been able to successfully check his/her result online or collected from British council.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
Bcolah: Hi, I am new here. Just want know if anyone who wrote IELTS on AUG 16 has been able to successfully check his/her result online or collected from British council.
Thank you

My wife received her hard copy of IELTS today. #Benincity.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 02, 2014
ANBAKO:

Do not forget do same for children.
What?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 7:23am On Sep 02, 2014
Good morning everyone. please i need an urgent response. i am about sending my transcripts to wes for evaluation. do i need to send two separate packages (transcript and statement of results) to wes or can i add my transcripts to the one my school will courier to them?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seemples(f): 7:25am On Sep 02, 2014
benik: I went to BC to enquire about my IELTS result and I was told the system picked it up for quality reassessment and it will be released in 2weeks. Has anyone experienced such before and why is that?

Hi Benik, I experienced same.

The lady at the BC said maybe I scored very high in one section and did poorly in another. I didn't quite believe her though. I didn't get anymore reasons elsewhere either so I waited with enough annoyance.

I finally picked it after the 2 weeks from their office.

L8, R9, W7, S7 overall 8

I wouldn't know where they got that 8 in L from cos that day na only me waka come as my mind was going everywhere but focusing on the listening besides, i was flanked by 'academicians' and wasn't sure we were listening to the same voice so i couldn't copy either! I was stranded really, I suppose get 6.

So don't bother...maybe they give from 8 overall as compensation for the extra 2 weeks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 7:26am On Sep 02, 2014
I just collected my transcript, it is properly sealed with the envelopes stamped. Can I just put photocopies of the certificates and the transcripts in one medium size envelope and post to WES or must I post it separately.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:34am On Sep 02, 2014
Meritl: Hi guys.
Just want to ask how many payslips can be included in application. Plan sending by latest, next week Saturday.
You can include the recent payslips...between 3 to 6 months are fine.If you have your employment letter,also include it.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:41am On Sep 02, 2014
livepluslife: I just collected my transcript, it is properly sealed with the envelopes stamped. Can I just put photocopies of the certificates and the transcripts in one medium size envelope and post to WES or must I post it separately.

omonade11: Good morning everyone. please i need an urgent response. i am about sending my transcripts to wes for evaluation. do i need to send two separate packages (transcript and statement of results) to wes or can i add my transcripts to the one my school will courier to them?

Provided the envelop for transcript is well sealed,you can put your degree certificate(s) in another envelope and send together as one package.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:43am On Sep 02, 2014
seemples:
The lady at the BC said maybe I scored very high in one section and did poorly in another. I didn't quite believe her though. I didn't get anymore reasons elsewhere either so I waited with enough annoyance.
L8, R9, W7, S7 overall 8
I wouldn't know where they got that 8 in L from cos that day na only me waka come as my mind was going everywhere but focusing on the listening besides, i was flanked by 'academicians' and wasn't sure we were listening to the same voice so i couldn't copy either! I was stranded really, I suppose get 6.
So don't bother...maybe they give from 8 overall as compensation for the extra 2 weeks.
Love that type of compensative!
Nice result...congrats!
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 7:46am On Sep 02, 2014
damkollins:

Provided the envelop for transcript is well sealed,you can put your degree certificate(s) in another envelope and send together as one package.
Cheers.

thanks a lot GOD bless you. also how long does it take wes to verify
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:58am On Sep 02, 2014
omonade11:
thanks a lot GOD bless you. also how long does it take wes to verify
It depends on the verification request response by your school which is where you still have a role to play.As soon as your transcripts and degree photocopies gets to WES,they will evaluate it and send a verification request to your academic institution....If they are the responsive type...Good for you.If they are not the responsive type,you need to help them.
WES normally send the request to them by email,regular post mail and fax...and most time,these mediums are not well checked by Nigerian school so you need to tell your school that a verification request has been sent to them(WES will notify you once this request has been sent.
This exercise can take between 2 weeks and 12 weeks depending on your school's response.
a big role for you....try to silently follow up.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 8:01am On Sep 02, 2014
also does the $203 for wes cover courier? how many days will it take to reach me?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 02, 2014
seemples:

L8, R9, W7, S7 overall 8

British Council has too much on their plate. The monopoly is a bad deal for takers. I love your openness!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 02, 2014
omonade11: also does the $203 for wes cover courier? how many days will it take to reach me?
Na wa...if u want courier...it has to be the one close to $300.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:14am On Sep 02, 2014
omonade11: also does the $203 for wes cover courier? how many days will it take to reach me?
I'm sure its not included.
There is a cost of about $85 for international courier service delivery...this will ensure you receive it within 5 days of completion in your address.
The other option may take between 2 and 5 weeks before you will receive it.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seemples(f): 8:34am On Sep 02, 2014
damkollins:
Nice result...congrats!
Cheers.
ferdimako:
British Council has too much on their plate. The monopoly is a bad deal for takers. I love your openness!
damkollins:
Nice result...congrats!
Cheers.

Thank you sirs, thank you!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
UPDATE!!!!

Total received toward the overall cap: 2,360 of 25,000

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
solomonwis: UPDATE!!!!

Total received toward the overall cap: 2,360 of 25,000

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Lolz....still less than 10%!
Anyway......statistics for May,2014 presumably.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
ferdimako:
What?

livepluslife: Pls ferdimako am I including the letter from the school in the application? Can you kindly list important documents, letters and credentials that should be in the application. I know it's lots of work but would be grateful if anyone can help.

I was saying livepluslife should not forget that these document are also applicable to the children (Birth certificate)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
damkollins:
Lolz....still less than 10%!
Anyway......statistics for May,2014 presumably.
Cheers

Less than 10% in the first half of May 2014 with NOCs 2174 - Computer programmers and interactive media developers and 1112 - Financial and investment analysts reaching almost 50% of the allocated threshold for the year....It speaks volume of what is yet to unfold in weeks to come

With Accra sending MR and RPRF to 2013 applicants and some 2014 applicants (with CPC -O Visa Office) already landing in Canada,you sure can say with confidence that "Express Entry" will be a reality in terms of 6 months processing timeline.

Express Entry will therefore be an employer/province/territory driven system which will make it a little tasking for prospective applicants who are not lucky enough to apply now..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 5:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
Yes, thanks a lot, I printed out the checklist so I can start gathering the required documents, tho letters from kids sch is not listed but that's easy to get. My major challenge is my hubby is very reluctant getting him to prepare for ielts is like a camel should go thru the eye of a needle. I just feel this is our opportunity since lecturing was listed. Thank God for the slow pace. It's quite expensive especially for a family of six like mine. Lol. Pls I need encouragement hahaha thanks all
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
damkollins:
You can include the recent payslips...between 3 to 6 months are fine.If you have your employment letter,also include it.
Cheers.

Thanks Damkollins.
Just want to say again that all my payslips are carrying the same information ( same money paid in and deducted). So, still okay to add the 3-6 month payslip?

Between @damkollins&solo wise, how do you know the current apps processed are for May applicants?Because the total application shot up so high.
Just hope mine doesn't get filled on time as I'm very skeptical of the Express Entry stuff.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
That moment when u have been checking for your results online and all you keep seeing is " no results found". Then the delivery man gives you a phone call that u got a mail from British council. Package opened with anxiety and shaky hands...... Then u see: L8 R7 S7 W6.5......... #oluwaseun.

Thanks fermadiko for the materials sent to me. Thanks @ damkollins too. Will Holla you soon.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by evergreen9: 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hey guys, Please I would like to know how long it takes to process a Canadian temporary work permit in CIC , Lagos Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
seunlovesa: That moment when u have been checking for your results online and all you keep seeing is " no results found". Then the delivery man gives you a phone call that u got a mail from British council. Package opened with anxiety and shaky hands...... Then u see: L8 R7 S7 W6.5......... #oluwaseun.

Thanks fermadiko for the materials sent to me. Thanks @ damkollins too. Will Holla you soon.
Ain't easy...u did it. Congrats!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sonet: 10:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
@solo, dnt know what else to do since Feb 2013 MPNP just file number. Nothin else and hav sent lots of Msgs they are saying they are doing reveiw and it is still with program officer for review.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
Please wes just sent my verification to uniben.I dont even have anyone there.Who do I contact?Has anyone done WES verification from uniben?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
sonet: @solo, dnt know what else to do since Feb 2013 MPNP just file number. Nothin else and hav sent lots of Msgs they are saying they are doing reveiw and it is still with program officer for review.

Unfortunately,as it is a provincial nominee program (PNP) you have to wait for the outcome of your application with them. It is going to be a real test of your patience and so you have to endure. If you can,please apply to other programs such as the FSWP. That way,you are rest assured you are not putting all your eggs in one basket.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 03, 2014
hello house,

can someone prescribe a standard photo studio in Ibadan where i can take passport sized photographs having the same specifications with respect to the FSW guideline?

thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by boltemi: 12:47am On Sep 03, 2014
Hello everyone, pls I will like to ask that is it necessary that I certify the copy of my degree certificate before sending it to wes?

Secondly how do I indicate my reference no on the copy of the degree certificate am sending because my transcript was sent differently?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 12:56am On Sep 03, 2014
@ Ferdimako and Damokolins thanks so plenty for the materials it was indeed very helpful
L 7.5 R 9 W 6 S 7.5.............surely, we shall meet in canny God willing! Cheers!

BTW. Which is the best courier coy to ship to CIC from Lagos and what's the price range, item ready for shipment this morning.....?

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.